@ZoeyĀ - 13/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 13/20

@*LilyĀ - 15/20

@1234567890Ā - 17/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 19/20

@JCĀ - 20/20

Ā 

Chris

Flawless performance by Elise. This performance remains one of my favourite performance of the season - only a few other performances came close to this one, for me.Ā 

Ā 

Crisis

The best performance of the Top 10, hands down. This was a Billy Joel song I wasnā€™t too familiar with, so it was difficult to compare to the original. With that said, Elise came out and slayed this number. From the piano and accordion beginning to the full band coming in halfway, this was a performance. Finally, that run at the end was nothing but sensational. It was really nice to see her avoid the B3 that week because I probably wouldā€™ve thrown something at the screen had she landed there.

Ā 

Alex

Such an amazing performance, I'm thrilled it made the top five. Elise is just one of the most talented vocalists in this competition. That final run she did was *chefs kiss*

Ā 

Andy

Ugh I should have fought harder for this incredible singer. One and Only not being in the top 20 is mind boggling to me, even in such a stacked season. Vienna is my third favorite from Elise, her tone is so unique to me and I could listen to her sing this (boring) song for hours. That vocal run at the end slapped me in the face and called me talentless.

Ā 

Kevin

Fantastic!

Ā 

Steven

I really enjoyed this performance from Elise. She sounded lovely and delivered something very special with "Vienna." Elise should've had more performances in this Top 20, but thankfully "Vienna" made it here. It was one of Elise's most memorable moments on the show.Ā 

Ā 

Elliott

Flawless.

Ā 

Richard

While I find this performance from Elise just a tad overrated, it is definitely top 20 material and one of my favorites she gave on the show. Her song choice this week was absolutely perfect for her, and she delivered it with so much ease and finesse, especially in the first third. I love how the performance began, especially with how Elise was positioned above the crowd and the minimal lighting.Ā 

Ā 

Once she started moving, the performance lost a bit of impact for me. It was great to see her put so much passion behind her vocals, but it did get a bit shouty in the middle. The end of the performance was a great way to rein things back in, though, especially with THAT RUN. It was such a creative way to infuse the performance with something completely unexpected, and she absolutely nailed it.

Ā 

Overall, this was a great performance from Elise, and Iā€™m glad it made it into our top 20.

Ā 

Wally

I am surprised that Elise only got two performances in the finals. I'm glad that at least my two favorite performances from Elise made the finals, and I do expect them both rank really high here. I also wouldn't have minded "One and Only" making it as I loved that one too. Back to "Vienna," this is a really gorgeous performance and one I do love from Elise. I thought Elise owned the Billy Joel night (alongside and shout-outs to Colton & Jessica's performances that night). I never heard this song before Elise sang it, but I do love what she did with this. She delivered a really beautiful vocal and connected so well with the song. I do love those parts where she sings "when will you realize? Vienna waits for you!" I do love how she showcases her vocal range - there are those parts where she sings really fast which are so cool. I love the part where she sings "You gonna kick it off before you even get halfway through." Then the last "waits" she sang and belted out was really unique and cool. This was just a dynamic and beautiful performance from Elise!

Ā 

Lily

I loved the setup of this performance. It started out with a nice intimate feel but then it picked up along the way to keep it interesting. And I liked the vocal stylings and runs at the end.

Ā 

JC

the better of her performances in this top 20, but it was like she was trying to channel Haley Reinhart but failing miserably. Haley would have slayed this.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4. Joshua Ledet "It's A Man's Man's Man's World"

OmY7LMn.png

8.6/20

Watch Here

@rdhaley96Ā - 1/20

@*WallaceĀ - 2/20

@hayden98Ā - 2/20

@Alex95Ā - 3/20

@taylorkatĀ - 4/20

@jarmonĀ - 4/20

@*LilyĀ - 4/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 4/20

@NGMĀ - 4/20

@totes4totesĀ - 6/20

@*DianaĀ - 6/20

@1234567890Ā - 7/20

@*ChrisĀ - 9/20

@CrisisĀ - 9/20

@ZoeyĀ - 10/20

@#jeahĀ - 10/20

@*AmandaĀ - 11/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 11/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 11/20

@Steven_Ā - 11/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 12/20

@sublymonalĀ - 13/20

@ElliottĀ - 14/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 17/20

@SolarisĀ - 19/20

@JCĀ - 19/20

Ā 

Richard

Many pages back, I alluded to one contestant really rising up in my rankings since I watched the show the first time, and if I hadnā€™t already made it obvious, that contestant was Joshua. Back in 2012, I wasnā€™t as in love because of the judges seemingly force-feeding him to the viewers, but revisiting his performances on my own time made me realize that the judges were onto something. Do I think Joshua deserved as many standing ovations as he got? No, not at all, and I wish the judges hadnā€™t given him so many since them doing so turned people against him. Unfortunately, I think thatā€™s a big part of why this performance probably isnā€™t going to rank #1 here, even though in my book, itā€™s in contention for the best performance in Idol history.

Ā 

What Joshua delivered with this performance was an absolute masterclass. From beginning to end, the entire three minutes he performed was packed to the brim with unprecedented content. The intro alone really foreshadowed how epic this performance would ultimately be, with that line of violinists preceding his entrance. And what an entrance it was, with him walking down the stairs with an air of subtle confidence. The smirk on the word ā€œgirlā€ near the beginningā€¦ oof. Chills. That confidence continued as he delivered his first verse, with some slinky movements as he approached center stage. Then that phrasing on ā€œtrainā€ and ā€œelectric lightā€... genius choices that just came across as so effortless. He then came out of nowhere with that ā€œmanā€™s worldā€ in the chorus and hit the first ā€œnothingā€ with the power of a freight train. The background vocals coming in at that point was the icing on the cake. Chills once again.

Ā 

The second verse came and went without much fanfare, but then he got to ā€œmanā€™s worldā€ again and delivered some seriously compelling vocals; I really canā€™t even put into words what he sounded like, which in this case is a compliment since what he did transcends my vocabulary. The background singers came in again, and Joshua reached the bridge, hitting another insane high note and one more immediately after, the latter even echoing after he sang it. But then he hit that jaw-dropping G#5 and it was game, set, match. He ended the performance with a few more lines and one more incredible high note, veins bulging from his neck, and a final ā€œwooā€ before the music stopped.Ā 

Ā 

This performance had everything: incredible vocals, compelling stage presence, so much emotion, and even visually, it was a spectacle to behold. Joshua looked like a consummate professional and sounded even more like one. As I said before, this was not just the performance of the season for me but very possibly the performance of the SERIES. I canā€™t think of one performance Iā€™d for sure rank above it, even if several others are in close contention. Even if I hadnā€™t already said it, I donā€™t think itā€™d be any less evident that this is my clear #1 of this top 20, and although Iā€™m not expecting it to place first, it would be such a pleasant surprise to see it come out on top.

Ā 

Wally

Joshua delivered a showstopping performance of "It's A Man's Man's Man's World" on the Final 4 night, which was both my favorite Joshua performance and one of my top favorite performances of the season. This was one of those performances I was really worried for that might not have sent through to the finals but thankfully it was - and a big thank you to Alex and Akshar in advancing this forward!Ā 

Ā 

I always loved this song,mans do love many versions of this song, and Joshua's is certainly one of those versions. Right from his opening note of "This is a man's world," I am already hooked and impressed! But he builds it up greatly throughout. I love the drama and intensity he brings to this performance. He has such great confidence and showmanship while singing this song. I love all of his vocal choices and range he shows throughout. There's this little subtle part where Joshua sings "man made the train, to carry the heavy load. Man made the electric light, to take us out of the dark." I love how he changes up his voice there. I love how he sings the chorus of the song a little after that part! I love how gritty and intense he gets with the song, and the emotional connection is so strong there too. I also love how he sings the baby girl line all fast while singing the baby boy line slower. But OMGG.... Then that part where he sings "Man's world! But it would not be nothing" part with his teeth all closed up or something? That was a crazy but such a good moment there too! But then he's killing it with all of those vocal range and belting notes, which he makes so effortless! My favorite part is,probably that part where he really belts it out it with that really high note he sings and then transitions it a wooooo note. Insane! I just love how he was able to take so many risks on this song and truly make it his own. This is such an incredible performance, and certainly amongst one of my favorite performances on this show!Ā :clap:

Ā 

Alex

This is actually my second favorite performance of the season, but I bumped Vienna up hoping to help it out. Richard really said it all though. Everything about this performance is flawless. I started to get tired of Joshua towards the end of his run on the show, but he really won me back with this performance. One of the best in the history of American Idol without a doubt.

Ā 

Lily

One of my favorite performances from the show and my favorite of Joshua's. It's very close between this and When a Man Loves a Woman for me but this one always just held a special place in my heart. Truly iconic.

Ā 

Derek

tbh this is a borderline cringy song choice. I could never hear a cover of this again and be fine. But I'll allow this one.Ā 

Ā 

Chris

A beautiful vocal performance by Joshua.Ā 

Ā 

Crisis

raw&f=1&nofb=1

Here is what is considered to be Joshuaā€™s signature performance. Iā€™ll give Joshua this: he definitely had the singing and stage presence down pat. Joshuaā€™s over-singing annoyed me at times; however, it was certainly apt for this song. However, this was nothing compared to the S15 Finale version where he looked like he was going to have a stroke.Ā :lmao:

Ā 

Andy

Ranking the Joshua performances right next to each other. I think his performances always blended together for me which is why I couldnā€™t get into him as much as I wanted to. Having said that, I can see why anyone would stan him. This is theatrics at its finest with a gorgeous vocal to boot

Ā 

Kevin

Mary Byrne will always own this song for me. I preferred Elise's interpretation within this season, as well.

Ā 

Steven

Another overdone song on talent shows, but Joshua delivered one of his best moments with this song. He put a lot of passion into the performance and sounded terrific too.

Ā 

Elliott

Why is he shouting.

Ā 

Sola

Oversung, bye!

Ā 

JC

he slayed this but it's a threat.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3. Jessica Sanchez "The Prayer"

BDrUA0t.png

7.8/20

Watch Here

@goofycilla90Ā - 1/20

@JCĀ - 1/20

@ZoeyĀ - 2/20

@1234567890Ā - 2/20

@taylorkatĀ - 3/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 3/20

@jarmonĀ - 3/20

@*LilyĀ - 3/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 5/20

@*WallaceĀ - 5/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 5/20

@CrisisĀ - 6/20

@NGMĀ - 6/20

@SolarisĀ - 7/20

@*ChrisĀ - 8/20

@hayden98Ā - 9/20

@Alex95Ā - 10/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 11/20

@Steven_Ā - 12/20

@totes4totesĀ - 13/20

@*AmandaĀ - 13/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 13/20

@#jeahĀ - 14/20

@*DianaĀ - 15/20

@sublymonalĀ - 16/20

@ElliottĀ - 18/20

Ā 

JC

Absolute PERFECTION, I am obsessed with song and Jessica absolutely slayed this and left it for dead!

Ā 

Lily

I do think that the Jessica fans rallying to get so much representation for her in the top 20 could maybe backfire. But I've already witnessed one Jessica Sanchez robbery so I can prepare for another. Absolutely exceptional.

Ā 

Richard

This performance from Jessica was just sublime. First of all, I think it was the perfect choice to not reprise one of her live show performances and instead opt for her last Hollywood Week song choice because it gave more of an air of freshness. And really, thatā€™s a big part of why this performance was so special.

Iā€™ve said this a lot (probably just because of how impressive the staging in season 11 was), but I was in love with the staging for this performance, too. The fog, the golden lights, and the single white light shining directly on Jessica really encapsulated the beauty behind the song, and Jessica herself looked absolutely gorgeous in that pastel pink dress.

Ā 

The song started out beautifully, with Jessicaā€™s voice caressing the lyrics so delicately. Her runs were simple but effective, adding something more to the song without detracting from its beauty. As the song built up, so did Jessicaā€™s vocals, and that sustained high note on ā€œallā€ was incredible. She brought the song back down at the end so nicely before that final crescendo on ā€œsafe.ā€ My only nitpick with the ending would be that I would have liked to see her belt the final note instead of ending on a falsetto. I think if she had done that, this performance could have very well placed in my top 2 or 3. All that aside, she did an incredible job, and Iā€™m elated to place this in my personal top 5.

Ā 

Wally

I really loved Jessica's performance of ā€œThe Prayer," and I'm super happy that Victoria & Derek were able to advance this through. I remember Jessica's 2nd time shown on this season was where she sang this song, before the Top 24 verdict. This was such a moving performance, and she easily made it through to the Top 24. I didn't think there was a chance she would ever sing this on the live competition portion of the show, although I remember the Jessica fans really wanted this to happen. So I was glad she sang this on the finale, and wow what a beautiful performance this was here. I thought this was an incredible moment for Jessica, and easily my favorite performance that finale night! :wub:

Ā 

Jessica has such a beautiful voice, and of course Ā sang this in such at soft and beautiful way. She poured so much heart Ā and emotion into this performance as well, that it truly gave me chills throughout. ā¤ļø I love the whole performance so much. But I will say one of favorite parts is where and how she sings the chorus:

Ā 

Lead us to a place

Guide us with your grace

To a place where we'll be safe

Ā 

But then I also really love how she sings the whole bridge section of the song, especially the part where she sings:

Ā 

And we'll remember we are all God's childrenĀ 

Reaching out to touch you, reaching to the sky

Ā 

The way she sang and held that "alllll" note was incredible! :omg: Seriously gives me such chills. But then again, this whole performance is incredible. Then I love how she brings the performance down some where she sings in her falsetto notes and then hits one more big note where she belts out "saaffeeee." :omg:

Ā 

How she lost the competition after this performance..... I will never ever understand. Ugh. But I also love how Jessica sang this on the Season 15 finale and gave another beautiful performance of this song there too!

Ā 

Crisis

See, Iā€™m not completely anti-Jessica. I just find her overrated and not as great as a singer as sheā€™s made out to be. With that said, The Prayer was my favorite performance of hers. She really came out and sang her face off during this performance, and itā€™s one of the few times I felt she connected to the song. This performance should receive more accolades than And I Am Telling You Iā€™m Not Going.

Ā 

Sola

Its no Anthony Callea, but still great!

Ā 

Chris

A brilliant performance by Jessica - it remains one of my favourite vocal performance of hers. Ā And I thought she did a wonderful with a song that is incredibly hard to sing - she was very subtle with her delivery and it paid off.Ā 

Ā 

Alex

I went into the performance expecting to rank it on the lower end, just assuming it would be an average boring ballad from Jessica. But she blew me away. The raw emotion from this performance really touched me. And obviously the vocals were as flawless as ever. I loved it!

Ā 

Steven

This was a gorgeous performance from Jessica. "The Prayer" was a great song choice for finale night, and this was one of Jessica's best moments on the show. This is definitely worthy of being in our Top 20.Ā 

Ā 

Kevin

Great vocals, but like I just don't care. Only one of her pageantry performances really grabbed me and this wasn't it.

Ā 

Andy

Too sleepy for me to rank higher, but vocally this is obviously *chefs kiss* per usual

Ā 

Elliott

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2. Elise Testone "Whole Lotta Love"

hjzGLoQ.png

7.3/20

Watch Here

@taylorkatĀ - 1/20

@#jeahĀ - 1/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 1/20

@CrisisĀ - 1/20

@ElliottĀ - 1/20

@Alex95Ā - 1/20

@hayden98Ā - 1/20

@sublymonalĀ - 1/20

@NGMĀ - 1/20

@*ChrisĀ - 2/20

@SolarisĀ - 2/20

@Steven_Ā - 2/20

@*AmandaĀ - 3/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 4/20

@ZoeyĀ - 5/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 5/20

@*WallaceĀ - 8/20

@*LilyĀ - 11/20

@1234567890Ā - 13/20

@totes4totesĀ - 14/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 16/20

@JCĀ - 18/20

@jarmonĀ - 18/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 19/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 20/20

@*DianaĀ - 20/20

Ā 

Andy

power-influence.gif

Sorry Haley, this is my favorite American Idol performance ever. The DRAMA the EXCELLENCE the PASSION the VOCAL RANGE just perfect all around. The fake out ending where the audience starts clapping and she smiles like lol girls sit down, Iā€™m not done yet šŸ™‚ I'm sure this will be tanked by enough salty people to keep it from winning but I hope to see it in the top 5 at least!

Ā 

Kevin

It sucks that Elise didn't get as many performances in the top 20 as she should have because the Hollie fans are sore losers lmao, but at least this made it through. Idol was literally a never-ending fight for her and she absolutely murdered this song in the good way. When people like Stevie Nicks and even Steven Tyler say you made Robert Plant proud by covering his song? That's legit, nobody can ever take that away from Elise. This was her greatest moment on top of plenty of other great moments from an incredible masterclass vocalist.Ā :wub::wub::wub:

Ā 

Crisis

Oh Elise, you sexy beast of a woman you! Adam Lambert? Never heard of him. šŸ˜› It was as if she woke up that morning and decided to, I donā€™t know, blow the roof off the Idol stage that evening. If I wore wigs, mine wouldā€™ve definitely been snatched after this performance. This performance had it all: vocals, stage presence, confidence, ad-libs, sexiness. Covering Led Zeppelin is never an easy task, yet Elise went out there and made it look effortless. Not only do I think itā€™s the best female rock performance on the Idol stage, Iā€™d say itā€™s the best Idol rock performance by far. Not only is this my favorite S11 performance, itā€™s my all-time favorite Idol performance. I wouldā€™ve murdered about twenty kitty litters had this not made the finals (OK, I wouldnā€™t go that far; letā€™s just say I would be very unhappy about it :haha:). While I wouldā€™ve liked another Elise performance or two to be in the finals, at least her best two made it.

Ā 

Elliott

Flawless. Iconic. Queen Testownage slayed. ā¤ļø

Ā 

Alex

Easily in the conversation for my favorite performance in Idol history. I don't think we talk about her arrangement enough. This is a long song and Elise managed to cut it down to fit the time constraints to still make it a complete performance and highlight all the best parts of the song. She managed to not make it feel rushed which I find very impressive. With the way Elise was done dirty this game I was worried it wouldn't make it top five, so I'm thrilled with how close it came to winning. Truly iconic.

Ā 

Chris

Incredible performance. Ā She made me a fan of the song - every time I think of this song, her version comes to mind.Ā 

Ā 

Sola

My Third favorite of the season, probably going to win this season.

Ā 

Steven

Elise's "Whole Lotta Love" was an amazing performance. This is a difficult song to sing, but Elise made it look effortless. Elise delivered such a fun and dynamic performance with "Whole Lotta Love." She had such a presence on stage too. She was cool and confident while having a blast singing a song she clearly loves performing. Elise's "Whole Lotta Love" is one of the Idol performance I like to re-watch every so often. It's a performance that never gets old. This is one of the best Idol performance ever, and it easily gets one of the top spots on my ranking.

Ā 

Richard

When I initially posted my season 11 performance rankings nine years ago, I had this performance in the top spot. Since then, itā€™s obviously fallen a bit, but I still think this is a phenomenal performance from Elise that absolutely deserves to place high.

Ā 

What struck me the most about this performance when I rewatched it was just how natural and at ease Elise was throughout the entire thing. She moved all around the stage, showed an insane amount of variety, and had some really great moments vocally, but she didnā€™t show any signs of fatigue or discomfort. She was 100% in her element. Honestly, this didnā€™t even feel like an Idol performance. It just felt like I was at one of Eliseā€™s shows, and thatā€™s a huge compliment.

Ā 

This performance ultimately didnā€™t place in my top spot just because Iā€™ve grown to love a few other performances more, but that says nothing about the quality of what Elise did here. She was absolutely fantastic, and her showing here definitely solidified her as a serious competitor.

Ā 

Wally

As I mentioned in my "Vienna" write-up, I am very happy that my two favorite Elise performances made it through. I was thinking MONTHS ago that this performance would be the Season 11 winner, as I expect various different rankers to tank Phillip/Jessica/Joshua/Hollie performances which would help,way for this Performance to win. But after seeing the treatment of Elise and having so many of her performances cut.... I'm not as confident on this winning now. I still feel it can make the Top 5 and would be deserving of it though, but we'll see. But I do have some other predictions I can make: I can certainly see most of the Elise stans ranking this at #1 and I can see this performance having the most #1s of any of the performances here.

Ā 

Elise rocked the heck out of this performance, and it was straight up slayage! We never really saw Elise as a rocker but wow, she brought that here and nailed the song. This isn't a song I particularly really care for but I do really love Elise's version. Her vocals were outstanding and she owned it with her stage presence. I love all,of the dynamics and vocal range she shows here. She makes it look so easy and effortless, like she's one of those female rock,singers from the 70s and 80s. I love Ā the part where she sings "You've been cooling, baby I've been drooling" for some reason.Ā :haha: Then I also,love the part where she sings "I'm gonna give you every inch of my loving, I'm gonna give you my love" and that "love" scream note she hit? That was insane and sick! :omg: I also love that a Capella ish outrage where her vocals shone and then the band closed it out! Such an amazing and outstanding performance from Elise!

Ā 

Lily

Elise commands every part of that stage brilliantly in this performance. Props to the band who absolutely killed it here too and held the performance together alongside her amazing vocals and presence.

Ā 

JC

awful awful awful.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1. Jessica Sanchez "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"

bxT1Htl.png

7.2/20

Watch Here

@*WallaceĀ - 1/20

@*LilyĀ - 1/20

@1234567890Ā - 1/20

@taylorkatĀ - 2/20

@rdhaley96Ā - 2/20

@#jeahĀ - 2/20

@goofycilla90Ā - 2/20

@jarmonĀ - 2/20

@ZoeyĀ - 3/20

@Weedy_SpeedyĀ - 3/20

@JORDAN_FANĀ - 4/20

@hayden98Ā - 4/20

@*DianaĀ - 4/20

@*AmandaĀ - 6/20

@Alex95Ā - 6/20

@QueenKalieĀ - 7/20

@FrogLenzenĀ - 8/20

@Steven_Ā - 8/20

@JCĀ - 9/20

@totes4totesĀ - 12/20

@*ChrisĀ - 13/20

@ElliottĀ - 13/20

@CrisisĀ - 18/20

@NGMĀ - 18/20

@sublymonalĀ - 19/20

@SolarisĀ - 20/20

Ā 

Wally

I absolutely love Jessica Sanchez's performance of ā€œAnd I Am Telling You Iā€™m Not Goingā€ so much, and it is my very favorite performance of the season. Thank you to Kevin on advancing this performance with me! Sure, this song is quite overdone - some versions haven't been that great but we have also had 3 amazing versions of this song as well. Those versions being Tamyra's, LaKisha's and Jessica's - with all 3 deservingly making it into the finals. However, I always chose Jessica's version as my favorite! This was really such a moving and captivating performance. Her vocals were incredible and her connection to the song, was so bone chilling.

Ā 

Right from the opening notes of, "And I Am Telling You Iā€™m Not Going," I got chills from how Jessica sang that. I love the mix of softness and rawness in her voice there. She sounds really gorgeous singing the opening verse. I love the softness in her voice there. But danggg the way she picks it up on the pre-chorus, is astonishing. That part where she sings "and time and time, we've had so much to share." So good! Then I also love how she sings "I'm not waking up tomorrow morning, and finding out there's nobody therrreeee." Ugh...just SO flipping good! The way she sings the chorus of this song - all the times she sings it - is all just incredible! But one of my biggest favorite and standout parts is where and how she sings that whole bridge of the song. The parts that starts off with her singing, "tear down that mountain, yes scream and shout! You can say what you want, I'm not walking out" and then the next few lines she's sings..... Are all simply amazing. I just love that grittiness she has in her vocals there! Then one of the very best parts is around the middle,where she belts out: "there's no wayyyyyy, Iiiiiii wwiiillllll. And iiii ammmm, telling you." Um....WHAT? The vocal power and range this young 16 year old? This is INSANE. She should not know how to sing this good at this age. Dang I am seriously impressed and blown away! :dead: But how she sings the rest of the song..... Is just amazing. I've ran out of compliments here! All of her vocal range and her belting.... Is out of this world! I am glad she got a long 3 minute performance of this song, because 90 seconds would be way too short for a performance like this. And of course the finale night version Jessica did with Jennifer Holliday was also an incredible performance!

Ā 

I really love this performance and consider this amongst one of my all-time favorite performances of American Idol. This is also one of those performances that gives me serious chills multiple times throughout the performance! I don't know if this will or can win (especially with what I presume to be Sola's #20 ranking), but really hoping this can at least rank in the Top 5!

Ā 

Lily

And I Am Telling You can be verryyyyy cliche to me. But when it is done right... it is out of this world. Jessica could have tendencies of scaring me with her song choices and then I would instantly realize there was no reason to be fearful because she would just go ahead and body them. The duet with the icon, the legend Jennifer Holliday is one of my favorite moments of all-time, but this solo performance also holds up incredibly well.

Ā 

Richard

Something that I really loved about Jessica this season was just how much variety we got from her. She gave performances that were delicate and vulnerable (ā€œIWALY,ā€ ā€œDWMF,ā€ ā€œYASBā€), ones that were theatrical and captivating (ā€œSweet Dreams,ā€ ā€œThe Prayerā€), and ones that were just flat out fierce (ā€œTALT,ā€ ā€œProud Mary,ā€ ā€œSteal Awayā€). I think what made this performance in particular so incredible is that it was a near-perfect marriage of all three of these elements.

Ā 

Obviously, the song choice was somewhat predictable, but that didnā€™t stop Jessica from slaying the living daylights out of it. Making the choice to stand entirely still was a bit peculiar, but after thinking about it, I believe it was the right choice, as moving around might have distracted away from the vocal. And speaking of the vocal, she was absolutely outstanding, which really goes without saying at this point. Her emotion here was unmatched. She committed wholeheartedly to the lyrics and wasnā€™t afraid to get ugly, and that showed in not just her expressions but also in her singing. This wasnā€™t at all Jessicaā€™s most beautiful vocal, but the grit and ferocity she put on display truly took this performance to another level. There wasnā€™t really any one moment that stood out to me; the whole of the performance was sensational.

Ā 

Thereā€™s nothing really more I have to add. Jessica stepped up to the table with this song and 100% delivered. This isnā€™t my personal #1 of the season, but Iā€™m expecting it to end up as IDFā€™s #1, which wouldnā€™t be a bad outcome (even if thereā€™s one other performance that for me is just head and shoulders above the rest).

Ā 

Andy

One of the best vocal performances ever on the show and she really felt the song here. Rivals Jennifer Hudsonā€™s Oscar winning performance, yeah I said it oops

Ā 

Kevin

Amazing, incredible, passionate, vocal masterclass. This is THE Jessica performance in my opinion and I wouldn't be upset at all if it wins this rankdown.

Ā 

Alex

I mean...iconic! What is there to say? Jessica truly f*cking did THAT! My only complaint is that she outshines herself just two weeks away with the even more iconic finale duet with Jennifer Holliday. It just makes this performance feel a lot less epic. But this is still absolutely brilliant. And if anyone's ever thought I fix the results, I hope that can be put to bed because it would've been sooooo easy for me to just knock this performance down a point and give Elise the win she deserved :kissbye:

Ā 

Derek

I could never hear this song again and be fine. I've said before that I don't think this is the best song for this kind of show. It's so shocking to hear this voice from that tiny girl but I think that goes against her because I don't really believe the words she's saying, especially the "hah" lol. Vocally this is flawless tho. But her voice is so pretty when she's not growling and this song is all growling.

Ā 

Steven

What a showstopper this performance was. This song is a favorite for the diva belters on talent shows, but I was so impressed by Jessica's version. She simply stood on the stage and showed how strong her powerhouse vocals are. This is my favorite Jessica performances of the season and one of the greatest vocals on American Idol.

Ā 

JC

a showstopper, she did a fab job, would have enjoyed it more if she had pulled it back a little. she was verging on overindulgent vibes typical of jhud. Stuttering was robbed!

Ā 

Chris

IĀ am a sucker for this song and I thought Jessica did a great job with it. But with so many covers of this song, her version don't really set her apart from the other power vocalist who have took on this song. Ā Also if this was her duet with Queen Jennifer Holiday, I would have ranked it way higher as that duet is more memorable than this performance.

Ā 

Elliott

Great performance.

Ā 

Crisis

One of the single most overrated Idol performances of all-time. Here we have BB Chez singing a song that requires a lot of passion and feeling, yet she brought none of it to this performance. She looked like a little girl throwing a temper tantrum over not getting the doll she wanted instead of a desperate woman trying not to lose her man. I laughed out loud at her trying to show emotion during this performance. I couldnā€™t believe all of the accolades this performance received because it was just average, IMO. The only reason this isnā€™t #20 is because Colton is in the finals. Iā€™d rather listen to Ashthon Jonesā€™ version than this.

Ā 

Sola

How many times do I have to rank this song in the bottom 2. Ā Get out of here.

Ā 

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 11 - 5-1 Posted)