@Zoey - 16/20

@NGM - 17/20

@*Diana - 17/20

@*Amanda - 18/20

@Solaris - 20/20

Kevin

Good.

Lily

He killed this. His range is outstanding, I loved the smooth transitions from the low to the high notes. On top of that there were some great runs and he looked like he was having a blast performing it.

Derek

Jacob was a very exciting contestant. When he got it right he got it really right.

Richard

This song choice for Jacob might not have been great on paper, but I love the spin he put on it. He gave it this slow jam, gospel sort of feel, and I think that making that choice really worked in his favor. He was loose, fun, and vocally spot-on. In a different season, this wouldn’t rank so high for me, but such is the draw for season 10. 

JC

I forget about him honestly, surprised he got two here, mostly because of the anti-Haley petty cuts.

Alex

I live an anti Jacob Lusk life, so color me surprised that I actually loved this performance! He avoided doing The Most like he can tend to do. It was a really groovy and fun performance and I'm glad it snuck into the top 10!

Crisis

After the two previous screamfests (I Believe I Can Fly and Alone), Jacob returned to form with You’re All I Need To Get By. This was well sung and Jacob looked like he enjoyed himself during it. This was his second best performance, and I probably would’ve enjoyed him more if he gave more performances like this and A House Is Not A Home.

Akshar

Oh boy you BETTA SANG! He really had me just vibing and singing along and it was such a fun performance and he really soared with this song. Amazing! He definitely walked so Joshua Ledet could run.

Elliott

I really enjoyed this. Now we're finally starting to get to the performances I enjoyed.

Wally

Okay, "You're All I Need To Get By" is a Jacob performance I can support being here in the finals.... Although I did wish Haley's "You and I" had survived over this, or Jacob's actual best performance of "A House Is Not a Home" making it over this one as well. So I have a lot of mixed feelings here. Oh well. I do still love this and consider this my 2nd favorite performance of Jacob's. Motown was a great theme from Jacob and he chose the perfect song for him here. I love the slower soulful approach he took with this song. His voice is so rich and velvet on those lower notes. It's so good. But then he brings it even more where he starts belting out the song and showcasing all of his vocal range. I also love how natural and comfortable he was in performing this. One of my very favorite parts is where he sings the "deeeetermination" and that funny face he makes. :lmao:  I love how J.Lo was jamming so much here. Such a great standout performance from Jacob!

Steven

I haven't watched any Jacob Lusk performances since his time on the show, so I was surprised I ended up liking this. Jacob's voice isn't my favorite, but this was an enjoyable performance. It was a great song choice, and he was in the groove and having fun. 

Sola

I will take literally any other version of this song.

9. Lauren Alaina "Flat On The Floor"

jhnLsTW.png

10.7/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 2/20

@QueenKalie - 3/20

@hayden98 - 3/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 5/20

@1234567890 - 5/20

@*Amanda - 6/20

@taylorkat - 6/20

@*Wallace - 7/20

@totes4totes - 7/20

@NGM - 8/20

@goofycilla90 - 8/20

@Zoey - 9/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 10/20

@*Lily - 10/20

@Solaris - 11/20

@Elliott - 13/20

@JC - 14/20

@FrogLenzen - 14/20

@rdhaley96 - 16/20

@sublymonal - 16/20

@Crisis - 17/20

@Alex95 - 18/20

@jarmon - 19/20

@*Diana - 20/20

@Steven_ - 20/20

Wally

I really love Lauren's "Flat On The Floor" and this was one of the two Lauren performances I was really pulling for, so I am glad this made it to the final 20 here! ❤️ Lauren had a few weeks of fine but underwhelming performances before the Final 5 week and I felt she was kinda playing it safe those weeks. But the this week came, and I thought she brought a lot of spark and fire here with her vocal and stage presence. She chose a great uptempo Carrie song and delivered such a fierce performance here. This is my favorite performance from Lauren.... Stage presence/performance-wise. Although I love another performance of hers more. But I love the power and attitude she showed here. It was like a brand new revamped Lauren. I loved her vocals and how she sang this song. It all came so natural here and showed this the artist she needs to be. She brought so much attitude on the chorus. I love that part, but The BRIDGE. The bridge was so fierce and she completely slayed that part! :omg: This is so great and entertaining from Lauren!

Also a random note, but I am predicting Steven to rank this at #20. Will it happen....I don't know but let's see. :giggle:

Kevin

I don't care.

Lily

Wow this was quite a jump from Top 11 to Top 5 huh. I don't really consider myself a Lauren fan and maybe that's her random DWTS final appearance clouding my judgement but I really liked this. Her stage presence was particularly excellent.

Sola

her and scotty keeping the violin player employed this season!

Elliott

Lauren Alaina covering Carrie Underwood is the bad place.

JC

Pia I understand because her voice is great, but why Lauren has this many performances is perplexing.

Derek

Did you know that Lauren is 15??? This is a great demonstration of how Lauren has no breath control at all for this type of song. She sings ballads fine but for this she was kind of gasping everywhere

Richard

This performance was good. Lauren delivered it with a solid amount of personality and gave a strong enough vocal. At the same time, I’ve just never been quite as enthusiastic about it as other people are.

Crisis

While the energy was good, the vocals were lacking in spots. Having said that, this is one of the few Lauren performances I can say I enjoyed somewhat.

Alex

There's just not a single universe in which I'd ever enjoy a performance like this. There just isn't.

Akshar

Okay unpopular opinion but I just don’t get the hype for this performance at all? Like I think it’s an alright performance but nothing special, nothing stands out to me.

Steven

This was not a good performance. Lauren came across as a Carrie Underwood wannabe and then completely ran out of steam halfway through the performance. She was noticeably out of breath towards the end, but the performance wasn't anything special before that happened. It was such a pedestrian performance, and the weakest in this Top 20 in my opinion.

8. Scotty McCreery "Gone"

qTEbH07.png

10.6/20

Watch Here

@JORDAN_FAN - 1/20

@Steven_ - 1/20

@goofycilla90 - 2/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 6/20

@Elliott - 6/20

@Crisis - 7/20

@Solaris - 7/20

@taylorkat - 7/20

@sublymonal - 8/20

@QueenKalie - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@1234567890 - 10/20

@rdhaley96 - 12/20

@JC - 12/20

@*Chris - 12/20

@Alex95 - 14/20

@NGM - 15/20

@*Amanda - 15/20

@Zoey - 15/20

@hayden98 - 15/20

@*Wallace - 16/20

@jarmon - 16/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@*Lily - 17/20

@totes4totes - 17/20

Steven

I put in some effort to have at least one Scotty performance in this endgame, so I may as well rank "Gone" at #1. I was hoping Scotty would've had 2 - 3 performances in this Top 20, but at least his best performance "Gone" is here (although "You've Got A Friend" should be here too). "Gone" was a very fun performance from Scotty. He delivered an energetic performance and the song suited him perfectly. It was very enjoyable and definitely one of the standout performances of the season.

Kevin

It was ok.

Elliott

I wasn't really a fan of Scotty's during Idol, but I always enjoyed this performance. In retrospect, it was probably the performance that best iterated what his career would morph into / turn me into a fan, so I'm not surprised. Ranking it highly nonetheless.

Crisis

The main criticism I had of Scotty was he was one note throughout the season. He turned almost all of his songs into a slow country number. Therefore, Gone was a nice change of pace. I know he did That’s All Right prior to this, but Gone was his best up-tempo performance. The song itself is catchy, and Scotty was definitely having a blast. However, for some reason the main thing that comes to mind about this song is the trainwreck of a duet with Jeneve during S15. :lmao:

Derek

omg I forgot how weird he holds a microphone hahaha. This is not a trainwreck but it is definitely not for me. I'll never understand how Scotty just coasted all the way to a win lol embarrassing.

Richard

While this wasn’t my favorite Scotty performance (I preferred “YGAF”), this is probably up there for me. He showed a lot of personality this week and was pretty on-point vocally, both in his lower and upper registers. It’s hard to believe he was only 17 at the time considering the mature quality of his voice.

JC

ugh waste of a winner.

Alex

This is a very generous ranking just because I didn't view Scotty as a threat at all in this game. This is probably my favorite Scotty performance just because it was at least fun, but I still hated it and his voice.

Wally

I'm not really much of a Scotty fan but he did deliver a few performances I really liked, with "Gone" being one of them. Actually, this is my 2nd favorite performance of Scotty's behind, "You've Got a Friend." This is one of those performances that has aged well for me over the years. At the time this happened, I wasn't feeling it as Scotty was my least fave of the Final 5. But as the season ended and some time past, this song and performance of his would stick in my head. This was easily his most fun and entertaining performance....and something that interested me from him. His lower register sounds very good and works really well on this song. But I like this much more when he gets to the chorus. He really performs and has a lot of fun here. I don't even want to admit and this isn't even my kind of music but that chorus is freaking catchy and would stick in my head. :/ I don't know whether to be mad or appreciate Steven for having this happen to me again now after rewatching this. :dead: If Scotty gave more performances like this during his run, I might have liked him more. But I'll always appreciate this performance.

Akshar

His facial expressions annoy me so much lmfao. But looking past that, this was a really good performance. I do love his twang and it was a catchy performance.

Lily

Lol this is giving me Taylor Hicks flashbacks where I found myself enjoying the top 20 and then suddenly was like... oh sure this guy won. I did actually enjoy this, but definitely not as much as the judges.

7. Thia Megia "Out Here On My Own"

NDQiuFC.png

10.5/20

Watch Here

@Weedy_Speedy - 3/20

@JC - 5/20

@Steven_ - 5/20

@*Chris - 6/20

@hayden98 - 6/20

@*Amanda - 8/20

@Crisis - 9/20

@*Lily - 9/20

@*Diana - 9/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@totes4totes - 9/20

@QueenKalie - 10/20

@*Wallace - 10/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@taylorkat - 10/20

@jarmon - 12/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@Zoey - 13/20

@Elliott - 14/20

@1234567890 - 14/20

@NGM - 16/20

@sublymonal - 17/20

@goofycilla90 - 18/20

@rdhaley96 - 18/20

Kevin

Good.

JC

She had potential here but inconsistency and inexperience doomed her.

Steven

Thia sang this song beautifully. She has such a nice tone to her voice, and she delivered a pitch-perfect vocal performance. I liked Thia throughout her time on the show, so I'm glad she gets some representation here in the Top 20. This was arguably her best moment on the show too.

Crisis

I didn’t expect Thia to have a performance in the Top 20, but if one is to be included, at least it’s Out Here On My Own. This was beautifully sung and she showed such maturity and grace during the performance. One of the best performances of the season from a vocal standpoint.

Lily

I thought this was really lovely. A great vocal for someone so young. Maybe not the most showstopping of performances but with a voice like that it wasn't needed.

Derek

Kind of sleepy and not always on pitch. Nice to have some variety in the Top 20 if we weren't going to have more actual good performances lol. At least this was her best.

Wally

I'm not sure how popular or unpopular this is, but I prefer "Daniel" and that's my favorite Thia performance over "Out Here On My Own." :ph34rwave: But I know this is regarded as her best performance so I can't fault this at all being here, as I do think this deserves to be here. And I still do love this performance. That a Capella opening is absolutely gorgeous! :omg: I love how Crystal clear and pitch perfect her voice is here. But then how she builds up the next part and rest of the song is just as gorgeous. :wub: Her vocals on the chorus....is just so beautiful. I also love the emotion she pours into the song too! Really such a stunning performance from Thia! 

Alex

Lol this feels like the most random performance to ever make it this high in one of these games. I did enjoy it though! Thia sounded gorgeous here and it was easily her strongest vocal. I think the emotional connection was missing, and that's unfortunately her youth showing here. It was still a great performance though.

Akshar

There’s just something so enlightening about Thia. She sings with such grace and has great control that I have to stan.

Elliott

yawnnnnnnnnnnn. S10 had so few good performances and almost all of them were cut in favour of boring dreck like this. Ranking it higher than the ones below it because at least the vocal precision was there.

Richard

This performance was beautiful. I loved the minimal staging and lighting, and paired with the song and Thia’s velvety vocals, it all felt very enchanting. While I wouldn’t say Thia was incredible here, she did a great job for being only fifteen at the time. 

6. Lauren Alaina "Anyway"

uI7fqhW.png

9.7/20

Watch Here

@goofycilla90 - 1/20

@QueenKalie - 1/20

@1234567890 - 1/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 2/20

@rdhaley96 - 4/20

@*Wallace - 4/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@Zoey - 5/20

@taylorkat - 5/20

@jarmon - 6/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@*Diana - 8/20

@hayden98 - 8/20

@NGM - 13/20

@Steven_ - 15/20

@totes4totes - 15/20

@Elliott - 16/20

@*Lily - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@JC - 18/20

@sublymonal - 18/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 19/20

Richard

Lauren on season 10 was a good and generally consistent performer, but she rarely blew me away. This was the one performance that really impressed me when I watched it back. The song choice was pretty perfect for her from both a vocal and emotional standpoint, and she delivered on it. She sounded great in her lower register, but she brought it even more in her upper register, especially on those high notes near the end. Overall, I thought this was a beautiful performance, and I hope it ends up landing in our top 5.

Wally

Had I known Lauren was going to have the most performances in the finals, with (what I view as) her best performance nearly getting eliminated on Round 6, I would have suggested and pushed for a different performance for the group pick. :dead: It would haven been really messed up to lose this performance on the last round so I'm glad that didn't happen.

"Anyway" is a standout and amazing performance from Lauren, and is my favorite performance from her where I will gladly rank at 4th. This was such a perfect song choice for Lauren where she really connected strongly to the song and gave such a beautiful vocal. Actually, sometimes when I watch and listen I do get some serious chills from this. She sings this in such a stunning way at the start. But then how she builds it up at the "God is great but sometimes life ain't good" is SO good! :omg: But then I also really love how she belts out those "But I'll do it anyway" parts, which is also fantastic. The latter parts of her really soaring through vocally are all great moments too. This was such a beautiful moment and Lauren really at her best. I'm hoping this will be her highest ranked performance here. Although I am scared how polarizing the rankings will be here.

Sola

her best this season

Akshar

I may not be the biggest Lauren fan BUT this performance was absolutely gorgeous. Her voice sounded so beautiful in this performance and she really SANGGGG! This is just such a pretty vocal and I loved it.

Steven

This was a good performance. She sounded better here than she did in her other performances and seemed connected to the lyrics she was singing.   

Elliott

Imagine voting this to make the final vote over something that was actually entertaining. CHOICES.

Lily

I think it's a very nice but kinda unmemorable performance which leads to me ranking it in my lower end, but very nicely-sung.

Derek

hate this song. the first half was bad but she pulled it together for the last chorus. Omg I just realized Lauren is 15

Alex

The fact that I would rather relisten to KLC's than this again says it all.

Crisis

Meh. KLC did it better.

JC

ugh a Carrie wannabe, I feel sick 🤮

Kevin

Nondescript and ordinary.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 10 - 10-6 Posted)
1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

These stats are all so fascinating. Some of these #20s are easy to predict but some are tougher. If I had to make some wild guesses....

- JC probably has Pia or Lauren last. Probably Anyway or ISBY.

- Elliott.... Likely a Lauren performance or Haley's HOTRS is last.

- I made my prediction on Steven, but am confident its Lauren's FOTF.

- For Sola, I'm pretty sure its Jacob.

- Not sure on Derek, QK, Diana or Priscilla. If I had to guess... QK & Diana put Jacob last (but could also be Scotty). Can't think at all regarding Derek or Priscilla lol.

CleverSatisfiedCopperbutterfly.webp

Our very own #prophetWally

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Top 5 still standing: Akshar, Amanda

Top 4 still standing: Crisis, Nico, Sola

Top 3 still standing: Alex, Derek, Diana, Gigi, JC, Lily, Megan, Richard, Wallace

Top 2 still standing: Elliott, Hayden, Kevin, Zoey

Top 1 still standing: Chris

QK has his #5 still remaining.  :dead:

22 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Top 5 still standing: Akshar, Amanda

Top 4 still standing: Crisis, Nico, Sola

Top 3 still standing: Alex, Derek, Diana, Gigi, JC, Lily, Megan, Richard, Wallace

Top 2 still standing: Elliott, Hayden, Kevin, Zoey

Top 1 still standing: Chris

wish i could do this well on a season I actually cared about 

• Haha 2