American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" - (1) Chris

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (4) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott

Matt Giraud "Let's Get It On" - 

Allison Iraheta "Don't Speak" - 

Kris Allen "She Works Hard For The Money" - (6) Chris, Amanda, Steven, Lily, Elliott, Wallace

Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me" - (5) Alex, Amanda, Diana, Lily, Wallace

Adam Lambert "A Change Is Gonna Come" - 

Fixed.

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" - (1) Chris

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (4) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott

Kris Allen "She Works Hard For The Money" - (7) Chris, Amanda, Steven, Lily, Elliott, Wallace, rdhaley96

Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me" - (6) Alex, Amanda, Diana, Lily, Wallace, rdhaley96

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" -

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (5) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott, Chris

Kris Allen "She Works Hard For The Money" - (7) Chris, Amanda, Steven, Lily, Elliott, Wallace, rdhaley96

Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me" - (6) Alex, Amanda, Diana, Lily, Wallace, rdhaley96

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Just think some of y'all need to listen again before you rob another amazing performance of this season's top 20

I totally would have voted for this one if some people didn't want to give "Man In The Mirror" a top 20 spot instead of the superior Kris performance, but as it stands...

These are better. /enddiscussion

Edited by rdhaley96

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" - (1) Derek

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (6) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott, Chris, Derek

2 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I totally would have voted for this one if some people didn't want to give "Man In The Mirror" a top 20 spot instead of the superior Kris performance, but as it stands...

Well neither "Man in the Mirror" nor that other overrated mess needed to be in the top 20 but that's just how the round shook up and I'll take a fine performance over a mediocre arrangement :yes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Well neither "Man in the Mirror" nor that other overrated mess needed to be in the top 20 but that's just how the round shook up and I'll take a fine performance over a mediocre arrangement :yes:

Weird, I didn't see these types of complaints from you when Tatiana and Megan were advanced to the top 20. :ph34rwave:

Even if you're not a fan of "SWHFTM," I can't see how anyone in good faith would say that it deserves top 20 less than either of those two.

3 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

Weird, I didn't see these types of complaints from you when Tatiana and Megan were advanced to the top 20. :ph34rwave:

Even if you're not a fan of "SWHFTM," I can't see how anyone in good faith would say that it deserves top 20 less than either of those two.

I absolutely complained when Megan made the top 20, what? Tbh this is shaping up to be our worst top 20 yet.

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" - (1) Derek

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (7) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott, Chris, Derek, Victoria

Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me" - (7) Alex, Amanda, Diana, Lily, Wallace, rdhaley96, Victoria

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Tbh this is shaping up to be our worst top 20 yet.

Nah. Looking back, at the very least, 2 and 6 were both worse (although those were both pretty underwhelming seasons in general). I'd also say 1 was worse due to a lack of diversity, and then maybe even 5. I can't see how a top 20 with 13 Kradison performances could qualify as the worst. :haha:

Edited by rdhaley96

Just now, rdhaley96 said:

Nah. Looking back, at the very least, 2 and 6 were both worse (although those were both pretty underwhelming seasons in general). I'd also say 1 was worse due to a lack of diversity, and then maybe even 5. I can't see how a top 20 with 13 Kradison performances could qualify as the worst, haha.

S1 was fully of Kelly and Tamyra so this automatically false. :haha:

• Like 2

Just now, 1234567890 said:

S1 was fully of Kelly and Tamyra so this automatically false. :haha:

"due to a lack of diversity"

Obviously, Kelly and Tamyra are incredibly talented. But when you have 5-6 contestants delivering killer performances like in season 7, I prefer that to just two contestants doing the same.

Just now, rdhaley96 said:

"due to a lack of diversity"

Obviously, Kelly and Tamyra are incredibly talented. But when you have 5-6 contestants delivering killer performances like in season 7, I prefer that to just two contestants doing the same.

Well, when Kelly and Tamyra were basically the show it makes sense. :haha: I would say Justin because he had a big following on the show, but people don't like him here so we can keep him out of this conversation. :dead:

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Well, when Kelly and Tamyra were basically the show it makes sense. :haha: I would say Justin because he had a big following on the show, but people don't like him here so we can keep him out of this conversation. :dead:

I mean, yeah. In no way would I blame Kelly and Tamyra for lacking diversity. I blame season 1's lineup of contestants (and those who cast them), since most of them probably wouldn't have even made Hollywood in later seasons. 

Edited by rdhaley96

Like I said from the beginning, if this whole season’s endgame was Adam, Kris, and Allison I would’ve been fine. I’m all for underrated idols getting their due here, but I don’t think we need performances from shitty contestants just so everyone has their fair share.

4 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I mean, yeah. In no way would I blame Kelly and Tamyra for lacking diversity. I blame season 1's lineup of contestants (and those who cast them), since most of them probably wouldn't have even made Hollywood in later seasons. 

Truth Tru GIF

5 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

But that means the top 20's good. It's the best performances from the best contestants (other than Ryan and RJ's performances)

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

But that means the top 20's good. It's the best performances from the best contestants (other than Ryan and RJ's performances)

I'm comparing season 1's top 20 to all the other top 20s. I'm not judging season 1 on how good its top 20 could have been, because even if every right decision was made, its top 20 still wouldn't be as impressive to me as some of the others. 

Alexis Grace "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)" - (2) Derek, Gigi

Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me" - (7) Alex, Steven, Diana, Elliott, Chris, Derek, Victoria

Kris Allen "She Works Hard For The Money" - (8) Chris, Amanda, Steven, Lily, Elliott, Wallace, rdhaley96, Gigi

Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me" - (7) Alex, Amanda, Diana, Lily, Wallace, rdhaley96, Victoria

I shall remember that one is only allowed to advance or root for a contestant that is a IDF sweetheart instead of rooting for your favourite for X,Y,Z reasons. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2