American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

On 6/4/2021 at 8:52 PM, sublymonal said:

Lol I’m listening to Lyndsey Parker’s podcast with David Cook and Jeffrey Austin (TV9) and they were talking about AI12 and Cook was like “refresh my memory, which season was that? Who won?” And Jeffrey was like “Gay men. Nicki and Mariah were judges and we had an all female Top 5. What more could you want?” :dead:

A season with the Overbearing Diva and Icky Minaj at the judges table does not an iconic season make! Perhaps I’ll give him the all-female top 5…

Edited by ~Tom~

1 hour ago, goofycilla90 said:

Mariah > Icky

As a judge, I actually preferred Nicki. She’s one of the few judges who wasn’t afraid to be honest. With other judges, especially female judges, they’re afraid to give constructive criticism for fear that they’ll appear harsh and it will affect their image/sales. I don’t blame them, it’s a problem in the industry for women, but I kind of liked that Nicki just said what she thought. But vocal ability wise, Mariah wins all day, every day.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, goofycilla90 said:

i just meant that Mariah doesn’t support pedophiles and marry murderers lol

Exactly! Oh she was "honest" woohoo, she's still a garbage person.

And it's not like Mariah just blew smoke up everyone's asses like the judges do now. She knew what she was talking about, she just had trouble articulating in 60 seconds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goofycilla90 said:

i just meant that Mariah doesn’t support pedophiles and marry murderers lol

I mean, I totally agree that as a person, Nicki is trash. I’m not denying that. I just miss having judges who have actually constructive criticism instead of the blank platitudes of the current panel.