@*Wallace - 12/20

@1234567890 - 14/20

@hayden98 - 15/20

@goofycilla90 - 18/20

@Solaris - 18/20

@*Chris - 19/20

@JC - 20/20

Alex

Wow...what a moment. After watching "Alone" get BUTCHERED on the Idol stage four years earlier, Allison was inspired to audition to show America how its truly meant to be sung. Allison Iraheta...thank you for your service.

Zoey

I’m at the point where I’m not caring about the performances. I enjoyed this one the most out of all of the Allison performances that made it. 

Lily

I have mixed feelings on the song "Alone". It shocked me to see it's been performed 5 times on AI as if you told me it was once a season I honestly would have just believed you. Allison did what she needed to do here though. She was on a good level where she was doing a lot of her own things with the song, without doing too much and just making it a mess.

Steven

Allison was at a disadvantage going into the voting rounds. She got hardly any airtime in the audition rounds, and only three people were going to advance into the next round. Well, she made a statement and delivered an excellent cover of "Alone." She was confident and showcased her powerhouse voice. Despite being somewhat unknown before the voting rounds, Allison impressed viewers enough to be deservedly voted into the next round.

Kevin

I've already shared my thoughts on this performance multiple times. Definitely good, but people overblow it, like they overblow Allison in general imo.

Richard

Allison was a total unknown coming out of the gate, but she blew people’s expectations out of the water with this performance. For me, this was fantastic. Allison chose the perfect song for her voice and performed the hell out of it. She looked so natural and comfortable on stage and presented herself as far more seasoned than just sixteen years old (something she would continue to do in basically all of her performances). All in all, this performance was a terrific way for Allison to kick off her American Idol run, and it was a sign of great things to come.

Derek

messier than I remembered but easily better than the below

Wally

Allison made such a strong first impression with her performance of “Alone.” She and Kris were two contestants that didn’t have any airtime prior the live shows but delivered two of the best performances of their groups. However, I thought Allison gave the best performance of Group 2 by a clear mile. I also thought this was a great song choice to showcase Allison as a performer.

She sang the opening verse really wetland showcased the softness of her voice well but the performance really kicks into high gear once  she gets into the chorus:

Till now I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

How do I get you alone

How do I get you alone

Till now I always got by on my own

I never really cared until I met you

And now it chills me to the bone

How do I get you alone

How do I get you alone

AAALLOOONNEE

SO good and so powerful! :omg:

She really made herself a contender with this performance and kept that going through the rest of the season. This is such a great performance from Allison and I have no doubt it will rank well here.

Hayden

For all the talk about random performances making the top 20 this season, I’ve found that I really loved so many of them! Clearly Allison slayed this performance. Allison came into the live shows even more invisible than Kris so she very much needed to give a great performance to have any chance of survival. And then everyone who sang before her during the semifinals absolutely bombed which only elevated the effect when Allison came out and sang her face off.

Solaris

I love this song, but I love so many other Allison songs more.  That and I don’t want Alone winning two seasons of this mini!

Chris

A great performance but not the best performance of Alone on American Idol, and giving it the same energy some fans of the performance gave to Carrie's Alone #sorrynotsorry.

JC

She is quite overrated in this forum, so I am guessing this will be a threat. As Simon would say, it just sounds like a bunch of shouting.

9. Allison Iraheta "Give In To Me"

Yufiu4u.png

10.6/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31r9ObylkTE

@Alex95 - 3/20

@Steven_ - 6/20

@NGM - 7/20

@*Diana - 8/20

@hayden98 - 7/20

@totes4totes - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@Solaris - 9/20

@taylorkat - 9/20

@1234567890 - 9/20

@*Lily - 9/20

@*Amanda - 11/20

@Zoey - 11/20

@JC - 13/20

@goofycilla90 - 15/20

@rdhaley96 - 15/20

@*Chris - 16/20

@*Wallace - 17/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 19/20

Alex

I LOVE this performance so much. I do geeeeet why it may not be everyone's favorite performance, but this is exactly the kinda music I love and I feel like Allison was just in her wheelhouse here hitting a homerun. She nailed it and I'm obsessed. Allison is truly just >>>>>> all your faves.

Steven

This is my favorite Allison performance of the season. Allison brought her rock edge to this song, and she delivered a very impressive performance. Her vocals were strong from beginning to end here while showcasing great stage presence too. It was just a cool and dynamic performance, and Allison proved she was one of the best contestants of the season.

Hayden

I’m so glad this performance was able to make the top 20; this rocked hardcore – another case of why we need contestants pushed out of their comfort zones because I wouldn’t expect a rocker to instinctively choose Michael Jackson.

Lily

This was just really effortlessly cool and smooth. I just feel like you can make some predictable choices on a Michael Jackson night and this was one of those performances that at least felt a bit left-field but still perfectly fit for the style of the artist.

Zoey

Absolutely no place in this top twenty.

JC

This is quite boring, but at least she shouts less in a screechy voice.

Richard

This was one of Allison’s many solid performances. I love how she flipped it on its head and made it her own (thanks for suggesting the song to her, Kris!) The start of this performance was fantastic. She really looked right at home. The song itself really didn’t go anywhere, though, which wasn’t her fault, but it did keep me from really loving the performance. Overall, she did probably as well as she could have with the theme, but this wasn't necessarily one of my favorites from her.

Chris

This was a great performance from Allison but never been one that I've too crazy about so it landed here by default. 

Wally

The talk and discussion of this performance during the voting round was certainly interesting. :giggle: "Give In To Me" is a solid and strong performance from Allison but this was never one of my personal favorites of hers. Out of her 11 performances, this is my 8th favorite from her - but her run was strong and fantastic in itself where I do really like/love nearly all of her performances. I would have been fine with this missing out but I’m also not mad at this being here well over “Cry Baby” I guess I am lol.

Allison does sing and perform this song reallywell. I do like the grit and intensity she pours into this song. The opening verse is good but it does progress and get better once she gets into the chorus. My favorite part is where she sings the bridge and the closing chorus of the song:

Love is a feeling

Give it when I want it

'Cause I'm on fire

Quench my desire

Give it when I want it

Talk to me woman

Give in to me

Give in to me

You and your friends

Were laughing at me in town

But it's okay

And it's okay

You wont be laughing boy

When I'm not around

I'll be okay

And I'll, I'll not find

Gotta, some peace of my no

Some strong and powerful vocals from Allison. I can certainly see this ranking well amongst the stans of this performance.

Kevin

Overrated.

8. Allison Iraheta "I Can't Make You Love Me"

O0vk7mo.png

8.8/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBw6LYLV6D8

@hayden98 - 2/20

@*Diana - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@*Lily - 4/20

@*Amanda - 5/20

@Solaris - 7/20

@Zoey - 7/20

@rdhaley96 - 7/20

@goofycilla90 - 8/20

@totes4totes - 8/20

@*Wallace - 9/20

@NGM - 10/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@*Chris - 11/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@1234567890 - 13/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 13/20

@Steven_ - 15/20

@JC - 18/20

Hayden

Allison’s mistreatment by the judge’s was so criminal. I definitely think she should’ve joined Kris in the finale and this performance (among others) really gave her a strong case.

Lily

One of my favorite performances of Allison's. She was such a force over the season and I'm glad to see that represented in the top 20 (even if "Cry Baby" was snubbed). Performances like this really just make it more clear to me that she has one of my favorite voices/tones in AI history, it's beautiful.

Solaris

Incredible performance of a song that so frequently gets so boring when people sing it.  She keeps you engaged.

Zoey

It was decent.

Richard

This performance from Allison was superb. I commented in my writeup of “Alone” that she came across as so seasoned and mature for her age, and I don’t think that was more apparent anywhere else than in this performance. She delivered this one with such poise and a subtle confidence. She really sold it like the song was her own. Her vocal on this was fantastic as well, but that’s pretty redundant to mention when talking about Allison. All that said, this was great and one of Allison’s best.

Wally

It’s nice to see a "I Can't Make You Love Me" make the finals all thanks through Allison. I think of this as Allison’s first true proper ballad she performed on the show… and what a gorgeous stunning performance this was. ❤️ The Year You Were Born had some great performances - and Allison was one of those imo.

I do love the softness and vulnerability Allison showcases while she sings this song. Her voice sounds so full and rich on the opening verse. At the end of the opening verse I love where she sings:

Don't you patronize.

Don't patronize me.

I love how she really extends”patronize” on the second part. Then she gets into the chorus and truly powers through it so effortlessly.

'Cuz I can't make you love me

If you don't.

You can't make your heart feel

Something it won't.

Here in the dark

In these final hours,

I will lay down my heart

And I'll feel the power;

But you won't.

No, you won't.

'Cuz I can't make you love me

If you don't.

So beautiful and great! ❤️ I love all of the range and power she showcases singing all of that! :wub:

Ooh I agree with Paula on how she kept true to the original arrangement of the song but still made it her own. This is also one of those performances i kinda don’t remember as much but am always impressed by and really love it whenever I hear it. Even though I’ve always known I have loved this. So I am happy this is in the finals and it will get my #9 ranking.

Alex

I was getting ready to express my displeasure with this performance being Allison's highest solo, but now it's not so we're good lol. Tbh it's my second least favorite Allison performance. It's good like all of her performances, but I just don't think the song's that interesting so I can't say I loved the performance. Nevertheless, Allison can do no wrong.

Chris

Despite the song being overdone, I've always been a fan of of Allison's rendition of it.  And I tended to enjoy these type of performances from Allison.

Kevin

Pretty good.

Steven

This was a solid performance from Allison. I like what she did with the song. She brought a maturity and believability to her performance that's not often seen in young Idol contestants.

JC

I am legit falling asleep, I feel like some of her boring performances made it for no reason, but as long as she does not win, I am okay. She is like the Danny Gokey of AI Mini rankdown.

7. Adam Lambert "Mad World"

Z9Nlplq.png

8.7/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfR0JGWX62E

@NGM - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 1/20

@*Amanda - 3/20

@totes4totes - 4/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@*Lily - 5/20

@Alex95 - 6/20

@Solaris - 6/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 6/20

@rdhaley96 - 6/20

@taylorkat - 7/20

@*Chris - 8/20

@*Diana - 8/20

@Steven_ - 13/20

@hayden98 - 14/20

@Zoey - 15/20

@goofycilla90 - 19/20

@1234567890 - 19/20

@JC - 19/20

Wally

"Mad World" is such an iconic performance from Adam Lambert and certainly one of the most memorable and iconic performances of Season 8. With all of these comments, it goes without saying that this is my favorite performance of his too. I am curious whether or not this will make the Top 5. I certainly think it deserves to - but with some anti-Adam rankers and Kris & Allison stans, it will be a hard battle but I am  curious to see if he can pull that off.

I also believe Adam’s version of "Mad World" was the first time I heard this song. At the time of this performance, I will admit that  I downplayed and didn’t give enough credit what a great performance this was bbut I changed my tune over the years and I am glad to have done so. I do love the dark haunting take that Adam takes on this song. His emotional connection to this song is bone chilling and his vocal performance is outstanding. He doesn’t overdo it but sings it just right. I do love how he starts off the song where he sings:

All around me are familiar faces

Worn out places

Worn out faces

But I do really love how he sings the chorus of the song where he sings:

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

I find it hard to tell you

'Cause I find it hard to take

When people run in circles it's a very very

Mad world

So good! 😮 

Then from the second verse, I love the quiver in his voice where he sings:

Went to school and I was very nervous

No one knew me

No one knew me

Then he Adam Lambertize’s the song as he builds it up and does a bit of belting on the next chorus of the song. I do love how he sings the chorus and all of those  “mad world” parts at the end! :omg: Definitely an out of this world performance!

Lily

Yeah this was absolutely a #moment and one of the standouts in AI. This song still just kinda gives me the creeps and that's what I like about it, any cover of it needs to have that same feel about it and this totally did. It is dark at the same time as Adam's voice is almost angelic. It's a balance that is hard to find but is here.

Alex

The way Adam is touring around the world with the legendary rock band Queen while y'all are sitting behind your computers, not touring with the legendary rock band Queen, having the gall to rank "Mad World" in your bottom ten >>>>>>>>>

Solaris

stunning!

Kevin

Remember when Simon caught a glimpse of Jesus with this? The pimping for Adam was nonstop lmao. It was good but I hate the Gary Jules version of this song, because it is soooooooo inferior to the Tears for Fears original, but it's the only version people care about these days.

Richard

I mean, this performance from Adam was obviously excellent. He delivered an impeccable vocal, and the overall mood of the performance was otherworldly. However, I’ve never felt as much a connection to it as other people seem to. He also messed up some words in that first verse, which did take a little away from the performance for me. Having said that, this was still a great outing for Adam that definitely skyrocketed his frontrunner image. 

Chris

While Adam was hit or miss for me, this is my favourite performance of his & one of my favourite cover of the song. I probably would have ranked it in my Top 5 performances but I was a bit strategic with my rankings, and I really do not care about the seasons so I thought I would help the "dark horse" of the Top 20 to not get last place

Steven

This is arguably Adam's signature moment on the show. He picked a song that suited him well and made him stand out. This was a strong performance from him.

Hayden

Adam is an incredible vocalist, no question about it. And this performance is a key example of what Adam was capable of doing when he went more tender rather than bombastic. So, why is this performance ranking relatively low? A mixture of preference and strategy. I’m kinda expecting Adam to rank pretty highly so this proooobably won’t screw him, but I want to ensure a Kris/Allison victory.

Zoey

This is one of the most overrated performances in twenty something seasons. I’d take Kara Masters “I’m Outta Love” over this.

JC

Like Kris Allen's performances, this would be one of those iconic performances that this season is known for. He did a great job with this, and his voice suited the song very well. The vibe and performance were great, again, will not be unhappy with this performance winning, but it is probably the biggest threat since "Cry Baby" missed out, however there really are not that many Adam fans so perhaps not.

6. Allison Iraheta "Someone To Watch Over Me"

gKtGd8K.png

8.4/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz6ocQHdau8

@Solaris - 2/20

@1234567890 - 3/20

@Alex95 - 5/20

@hayden98 - 5/20

@rdhaley96 - 5/20

@goofycilla90 - 6/20

@FrogLenzen - 6/20

@*Diana - 6/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@totes4totes - 7/20

@Zoey - 8/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 8/20

@taylorkat - 10/20

@Steven_ - 11/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@NGM - 13/20

@*Lily - 14/20

@JC - 15/20

@*Chris - 18/20

Solaris

I go back and forth with this and Katherines version of this song as to which is my favorite.  Both stunning, but this was the bigger surprise.  Allison slaying this song.

Alex

A versatile queen! Allison can truly do it it all, I'm in awe of this woman.

Hayden

Ugh, this was so beautiful! This was a key example of why I miss the actual themed nights on Idol. You got rock singers doing jazz, country singers doing stuff like Whitney, etc. and that’s something you rarely, if ever, see nowadays.

Richard

Allison was a complete and utter STAR this week. She really proved her versatility with this one, stripping her usual style down to Big Band and slaying the hell out of it. From the beginning, her tone was smoky and absolutely gorgeous, and she brought to the performance the sense of vulnerability it needed. Once she hit the bridge and final verse, the performance got even better with her nailing some terrific high notes and giving an overall enchanting feeling to her delivery. This was my personal favorite (solo) Allison performance, and I really hope it can squeak into the top 10.

Wally

I’m very pleased for Allison’s "Someone To Watch Over Me" making it into the finals (although sad to lose Kris’ “She Works Hard for the Money” at the same expense). I know  I said Katharine’s version of this song is my favorite version done on the show but I still really love Allison’s version, which is my 2nd favorite version on the show. I do love rocker Allison of course but I also love when she can showcase this softer side of her. Her versatility at such a young age was so great to see. This performance she allowed herself to perform in a vulnerable and touching way. ❤️

I already get chills from the opening of the song where she sings:

There's a somebody I'm longing to see

I hope that he turns out to be

Someone who'll watch over me

❤️

Then I love how she  slowly builds the song up where she sings:

Although he may not be the man some

Girls think of as handsome

To my heart he carries the key

Won't you tell her please to put on some speed

Follow my lead, oh, how I need

Someone to watch over me

I just love how she takes her time singing each line where each line makes such an impact. Then her power belting at the end was really great too. This was a really gorgeous performance and another one of many Allison performances I love!

Zoey

I used to have this a lot higher but now I don’t really care for it.

Kevin

I'm glad this managed to sneak into the final ranking, one of her best performances.

Steven

This was a lovely performance. Allison's a versatile artist capable of rocking out on stage as well as delivering a heartfelt vocal performance. This was one of Allison's best performances of the competition.

Lily

I would happily listen to Allison perform anything, any genre, that voice just seems to lend itself so well to a variety of songs and styles. Not a big favorite of mine of Allison's but it's still a really great performance.

JC

This is actually my favorite performance of Allison's in this Top 20. She is not shouting and this actually gave me some great feels. This one actually deserved to make the Top 20. Bravo on Allison with this performance, it was quite enjoyable.

Chris

While I enjoyed her version of the song - it was performed beautifully and a nice change for Allison,  I cannot really justify having this any higher plus I was limited with one contestant essentially taking over my Top 10.

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 8 - 10-6 Posted)

OMGGG :dead: @ Alex’s comments regarding “Alone.” Hmmm not sure if I’m surprised or not about this being Allison’s lowest ranked performance. I’m fen with it (though I’d prefer it to be something else lol). lol Zoey giving up/not caring about these performances at #6. And lol  I knew JC would rank an Allison performance last.

Okay finally “Give In To Me” shows up lmao. :ph34rwave: A define great performance but i connected more to other performances from her and others in the finals hence my lower ranking. I do agree a lot on what Hayden and Lily said in their comments here.

Ooof I feel kinda feel bad for Adam’s MW missing the Top 5 as I thought it should have ranked. But whoaa the margin going from….. 10.6 to 8.7 from #9 to #8. Danggg that’s insane! I am shook seeing myself as one of its highest rankings of this performance. OMG Alex is so shady with his comments. :dead: Lol the Priscilla/Victoria/JC tank rankings there….. I do get it as this was Adam’s biggest threat.

Ooh Allison’s STWOM coming in at #7. I was thinking I ranked this here too but apparently not.  I do agree on the comments on those loving Allison doing and showcasing such versatility in her run. This was stunning. Agree with a lot of rankers comments on this. I’m shook at JC having nice comments towards Allison here. :giggle:

Aww darn I’m sad about Allison’s PWARS missing out on the Top 5 as I do really love this performance a ton and its my favorite of hers.  An 8.3 rating isn’t bad - with 14 Top 10 ranking. Aww Alex losing his #2 through #6 in this set but doooo agree that this should have been a lock for the Top 5. Lmao Zoey mentioning that middle part here…. yeah not perfectly but she still slayed this.

So the Top 5 with 3 Kris/2 Allison/1 Adam performances. Veryyyy intriguing here. 😮

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Alex95 said:

Top 9 - Top iTunes Downloads

Kris Allen "Ain't No Sunshine"

Top 8 - Year You Were Born

Allison Iraheta "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Top 7 (I) - Songs From The Cinema

Kris Allen “Falling Slowly”

Top 4 - Rock

Adam Lambert & Allison Iraheta “Slow Ride”

Top 3 - Judge's / Idol's

Kris Allen "Heartless"

Top 5 for everyone who never checks front page 

Seeee with Allison having 6 performances in the mix all making the Top 10…. I did have a feeling they would start canceling it out and it does so here. So I am still sticking with my prediction of Kris Heartless to win it all.