American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

These basically sum up my comments on the whole Archie situation:

8EF3103D-6FB2-4245-825F-FDF98E983125.jpeg

6062FB26-337D-49C7-B550-15225F9DC594.jpeg

I hate the “wbk” comments whenever anyone comes out, rather it’s someone we long presumed to be or not. I was fortunate that coming out was easier for me than most people, but it was still hard to do. Saying “wbk” about someone’s sexuality just cheapens what they go through imo.

• Like 5

Just now, Elliott said:

I hate the “wbk” comments whenever anyone comes out, rather it’s someone we long presumed to be or not. I was fortunate that coming out was easier for me than most people, but it was still hard to do. Saying “wbk” about someone’s sexuality just cheapens what they go through imo.

James Earl Jones Yes GIF
I wholeheartedly agree with me. I’ve had a gay friend who killed themself because that was easier to them than coming out. 😭

• Sad 8

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

These basically sum up my comments on the whole Archie situation:

8EF3103D-6FB2-4245-825F-FDF98E983125.jpeg

6062FB26-337D-49C7-B550-15225F9DC594.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

All of this!

I was victim of the “we knew” comment growing up and the bullying that derived from it. I just don’t like when people in the community use the WBK comment or outing someone (which happened to me) because as a community  we should know better. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Kylie Sonique Love commenting on Archie’s post the day after she has Miley Cyrus become her drag daughter. She is an icon, she is a legend and she is the moment. ❤️

Crown her already!

So let's try this again. I think we all agreed on what to cut, so I'll go ahead and post so we can move on. If anyone in my group has an objection, let me know.

Cuts:

Brooke White - “I’m a Believer”
Kady Malloy -"Groovy Kind Of Love"

David Archuleta - "With You"

David Cook - "Innocent"

Brooke White - "Hero"

16 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

"Innocent" wasn't on my shortlist to cut, but a lot of the others in my group wanted it gone. Not that it was going to go super far, anyway. 😛 

I'm being dramatic :haha:.  Innocent just grew on me a lot, thanks to the Studio Version

The Innocent recording is very good, but I always thought that was his weakest performance, so I'm ok with that cut.

A bit sad one of my crushes of the season, Kady, lost both of her performances. But they are fine/fair cuts so not that sad, I promise. :haha:

I advanced Innocent slowly to be cut one of those rounds. The studio is great, and I’m willing to cut some slack given Cook had spent most of the week rehearsing a different song, but it’s still my least favourite of his. :(

54 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I advanced Innocent slowly to be cut one of those rounds. The studio is great, and I’m willing to cut some slack given Cook had spent most of the week rehearsing a different song, but it’s still my least favourite of his. :(

I remember him going through a hard time that week. :( But what song was he originally supposed to sing?

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I remember him going through a hard time that week. :( But what song was he originally supposed to sing?

He had been preparing My Hero by Foo Fighters but they didn’t receive clearance in time so he had to switch to Innocent.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THE RULES ARE A BIT DIFFERENT. For round three, we will be separated into 8 groups of three and 1 pair of two. In these groups, we will each cut three performances as per usual. However, you will also be choosing a wildcard performance. This is a bit different from the previous round six performances we have chosen. This wildcard will be immune until the penultimate round and cannot be auto-advanced to the top 20, nor can it be petty cut. However, these wildcards will be the only nine performances in the penultimate round. For that round, only three of those nine performances will advance to the top 20. So choose your wildcard carefully because it will only have a 33% chance of making the final 20.

Here are the groups:

BpS4h9J.png

Group 1: @~Tom~ @*Diana @Steven_

Group 2: @1234567890 @*Wallace @*Lily

Group 3: @Solaris @totes4totes @taylorkat

Group 4: @*Chris @FrogLenzen @goofycilla90

Group 5: @*Amanda @sublymonal @JC

Group 6: @rdhaley96 @NGM @Alex95

Group 7: @hayden98 @QueenKalie @Bk1234

Group 8: @.Rei @Crisis @Elliott

Group 9: @Weedy_Speedy @JORDAN_FAN

You have 72 hours to make your three cuts and choose your one wildcard. Performances highlighted in green are off limits to be cut or chosen as a wildcard. If you go more than 24 hours without hearing from a member of your group, you can move on without them. If anyone has any questions about the wildcard please let me know. Good luck!

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 7 - Round 3)

For transparency's sake, the penultimate round will be the same as always. The nine wildcards will face off in a public vote. You will be able to add to the three performances you would like to see advanced and the three with the most votes will make the final 20 while the other six will be out.