American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

38 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

shade GIF by WE tv

Darn right. 😘

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Rooting against Pia? It's been noted.

Though I can't confirm nor deny if Pia got my #1 ranking.

They are my Top 2, so either winning is a win to me. :wub:

Well except if its my #6 or #8 performances, lmao. But still even if those win, I'm at peace with it. :haha:

37 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also it's *your

Oh oops lmao I knew that. :lmao:

Just now, *Lily said:

Queen! Building that profile just in time for her All-Stars 2 win we love to see it!

But I thought we were rooting for a Lindsey Stirling AS2 win so her and Jordan can come back for DWTS: Winners at War so IDF's never-ending feud can keep going :wub:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Elliott said:

IDF: Society needs to stop endlessly putting woman against each other!

Also IDF:

27 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Right? But it’s IDF, where you can’t root for your favorite without trying to bring down their competition. :dead: 

Lmao, these quotes are all so true. :dead:

19 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Let's not get carried away, IDF can't even pay for the site to not randomly crash every couple of weeks. 

Aww poor IDF. :broken:

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Random?

More like correct. 😘

:haha:

I just remember Lily randomly stanning her one night and them Sailor got eliminated that same night. :dead: I like her though, so its no shade on my end. :haha:

7 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Queen! Building that profile just in time for her All-Stars 2 win we love to see it!

:dead:

5. Pia Toscano "All By Myself"

v90E5QC.png

9.3/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 1/20

@*Lily - 1/20

@Zoey - 2/20

@NGM - 3/20

@*Diana - 3/20

@Crisis - 4/20

@Solaris - 4/20

@Elliott - 4/20

@*Amanda - 5/20

@jarmon - 5/20

@sublymonal - 5/20

@Alex95 - 7/20

@*Wallace - 8/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@rdhaley96 - 11/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@hayden98 - 13/20

@1234567890 - 13/20

@totes4totes - 14/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 15/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 16/20

@QueenKalie - 19/20

@JC - 19/20

@goofycilla90 - 20/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Lily

NINTH place? Insanity. Highlight of the season to me. It's such a tremendous vocal, what a star. I just found out reading her Wiki that she almost was on Glee and I kinda wish it happened just so we could have watched Lea Michele quake in her boots a little more.

Crisis

What else is there to say? It was another incredible vocal showing. She kind of had big shoes to fill after I’ll Stand By You. However, she was able to slip into them without much difficulty based on the performance. This is a difficult song to sing, yet Pia made it look effortless. With that said, it’s the second best version done on Idol behind LaToya. Lastly, I enjoyed her singing it during the S15 Grand Finale and she did an even better job when she sang it during one of the David Foster shows.

Sola

Slay

Elliott

Imagine watching Pia Toscano slay us lessers with her vocals every week and deciding she should place ninth. Homophobia at its finest.

Akshar

ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC!!! Vocal perfection! Definitely one of her best performances even though my favorite of hers is “I’ll Stand By You”. She completely slayed this song. She ATE & left NO CRUMBS!

Alex

What else is there to say about Pia? Another stunning vocal. I did feel a little salty listening to it tho, thinking about how LaToya got robbed in the S3 game...

Wally

"All By Myself" is such a gorgeous performance from Pia. I believe this is also my 2nd favorite version of the song on this show after La Toya London's version (which was out of this world), but Pia still delivered and was fantastic here. Pia's vocals at the start are so soft and beautiful. But I love how she took her time building the song up and building up her vocal range. Then dang, she slays and powers through that chorus like the true boss she is! :omg: Her vocals are dreamland out of this world amazing here! I love that big "anymore" note she hit here. :wub: My only complaint with this performance is that I think the arrangement/cut of the song is very repetitive. I wish she sang another verse or the bridge of the song, to show more range here. The chorus from the middle to the end was too repetitive. And I know you can criticize the lack of emotion but that didn't bother me. Oh well....I still can't deny what an incredible vocal she delivered here. I especially love those last notes she hit here too! :wub:

Steven

An overdone diva ballad, but Pia once again proved she was a stellar vocalist with this performance. I think some people see this as her best moment on the show since she reprised this song at the Idol finale, but there were other Pia performances I prefer.

Richard

Watching this performance back, I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. I actually think this was one of Pia’s weaker vocal performances (not that that’s saying much, of course). She had some rough-ish moments in her low end, and the transition into the higher key wasn’t as seamless as I would have liked. All that said, she’s clearly still a great singer, and this performance wasn’t an exception. I just didn’t necessarily LOVE it. 

Kevin

Wasn't she supposed to become some huge mega-star despite America realizing her basicness and canning her in 9th?

JC

I legit feel myself getting older, like good voice, but I am bored to tears.

Derek

This song makes me cringe. Also this arrangement wasn't that great... the key change wasn't exciting and she just sang "all by myself" over and over and over. Sounds like she's been singing the Celine version since it came out and she does it EXACTLY the same as Celine, with all the exact same runs and even with a hint of a french accent lmao so like what are you bringing here

4. Haley Reinhart "Bennie And The Jets"

pQFEe4U.png

7.3/20

Watch Here

@jarmon - 1/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 2/20

@*Diana - 2/20

@taylorkat - 2/20

@JC - 3/20

@Alex95 - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 3/20

@totes4totes - 3/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@rdhaley96 - 5/20

@Solaris - 6/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@Steven_ - 6/20

@1234567890 - 6/20

@QueenKalie - 7/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 7/20

@NGM - 9/20

@hayden98 - 9/20

@goofycilla90 - 10/20

@Zoey - 11/20

@*Lily - 12/20

@Crisis - 13/20

@sublymonal - 15/20

@*Chris - 18/20

@Elliott - 19/20

Akshar

*STANDING OVATION AND DANCES AND SINGS ALONG* AHHHHH this performance SLAPS SO HARD! It’s my absolute favorite performance of Haley’s, PERIODT! It’s just such a fun and upbeat performance whilst at the same time, Haley is slaying vocally! Her “jetsssssss” always gets me every time, STUNNING PERFORMANCE!

Kevin

Good.

JC

Okay I legit hated her until this performance because she was horrendous before and I was livid she kept making it through terrible performance after terrible performance. But here, she won me over, and it was the start of me being a Haley stan ❤️ 

Alex

What a moment in Idol herstory. When Haley went from fodder to frontrunner. It's rare and exciting when someone changes their fate with one amazing performance. That's what happened this night with Haley. Iconic.

Richard

Prior to this point in season 10, Haley was just a blip on the radar, but this week cemented her as one to watch. I loved how she started the performance atop the piano, and throughout the entire song, she kept that fun energy going. Vocally, she was very solid, despite not necessarily challenging herself as much as we know she’s capable of. All that said, this was definitely Haley’s breakout moment on the show, and I expect it’ll place quite high.

Sola

Her heel turn moment from fodder into front runner

Wally

I am still super shocked and sad that Haley only has 3 performances in the finals. I don't get it.....although I know what happened. The good thing is that at least my 3 favorite performances from Haley made the finals, so thank goodness for that! And I can rank them all super high too! :wub: “Bennie And The Jets” is my 3rd favorite performance from Haley. This is a monumental moment for her as she was viewed as a dark horse/contender after this slayage performance! I really loved everything she did with this song. I love how she sang this in a jazzy fashion with her sitting on the piano. She reminded me of those classic jazz singers but she sounded so gorgeous in that opening! :wub: I do love the sassy attitude she brought to the uptempo portions of the song. She delivered some strong vocals and I loved all of the growls and vocal range she showed here. I also really love all the power and conviction she had while singing the second verse of the song! :omg: Then that way she was belting "Bennie, Bennie, Bennie, Bennie, Bennie" was another part that slayed! I loved Jennifer's stank jamming face she was doing at the end, because I was doing the same thing too. :haha:

I also really loved Haley's encore version of this after her elimination, especially with where she made the lyric change to include the judges names. Such a fantastic performance from Haley, and hopefully it ranks well.

Steven

This was the first Haley performance I enjoyed of the season. She had great stage presence and had fun with the song. Her overall delivery was fantastic, and it's no wonder why this performance is one of her most popular. It was just a very enjoyable performance from Haley.

Lily

I loved this choice for her and thought she performed it very well. Definitely had quite a nice intimate feel to it and I probably preferred the first half to the second but still good.

Crisis

Bennie And The Jets is considered to be Haley’s breakthrough performance. However, I think it’s her most overrated one. Granted, it was the best of her first seven performances, but I don’t think it’s as great as it’s made out to be. I’d rather have Rolling In The Deep or What Is And What Should Never Be here over this. I will say the swan song version of this song, however, was great, especially with the little speech at the end. :haha:

Elliott

Well it was nice of Haley to finally give us something good after like three weeks of being a train wreck. That said, I never got the hype over this and don't think it holds up remarkably well.

3. Pia Toscano "I'll Stand By You"

9YM0foY.png

7.1/20

Watch Here

@*Amanda - 1/20

@Zoey - 1/20

@*Diana - 1/20

@Crisis - 2/20

@Solaris - 2/20

@rdhaley96 - 2/20

@Elliott - 2/20

@hayden98 - 2/20

@Steven_ - 2/20

@*Wallace - 3/20

@*Chris - 3/20

@*Lily - 3/20

@sublymonal - 3/20

@NGM - 4/20

@jarmon - 4/20

@Alex95 - 5/20

@totes4totes - 6/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 9/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@goofycilla90 - 14/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

@1234567890 - 19/20

@QueenKalie - 20/20

@JC - 20/20

Crisis

With I’ll Stand By You, Pia came out and established herself as someone to keep an eye on. This was a very strong showing. The emotion and technique were all there, and she did a great job of building up the song and telling the story. There have been some thoughts that she shouted the song at the end, but I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. With that said, my favorite part may be the looks on the other girls’ faces when the camera showed them after the performance; it looked like they were thinking we have to compete against that (too bad she wasn’t the last one standing). Definitely one of the best performances of the season and the best version of ISBY done on Idol, IMO.

Sola

I never thought there would be a version of this song that I liked more then Carrie’s.  Then this happened.

Richard

From the beginning, it was clear that Pia would be one to watch, and that was on full display here. Pia’s song choice this week was excellent, and there was such an ease to the first 2/3rds of the performance that was really nice to watch. Once the key changed by the last third, that’s when Pia really shone, especially with that spot-on G5. She absolutely nailed it. Overall, this was a vocal masterclass, and I think it would be a very worthy winner if it ends up taking it.

Elliott

he way Pia took us all by surprise because of her lack of airtime to deliver one of the finest Idol performances of all time :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: Queen should've won that whole season!!!!

Steven

I loved this performance from Pia. She sang this beautifully with sincere emotion and standout vocals. I liked how she took her time with the song and let it build up to those big notes at the end. It was an overall gorgeous performance and Pia's best moment on the show in my opinion. It's still crazy that she only came in ninth place. 

Wally

#bless Richard and Elliott for advancing this performance as the last performance to get through on Round 5. I was really worried and nervous for this performance for so long....as I felt certain this would have gotten petty cut. So glad that wasn't the case. I do view "I'll Stand By You"as Pia's signature song / best performance of the of her run. This was also my favorite performance of the season for many weeks of the season until a few Haley performances came along towards the end of the season. Pia gave an absolutely beautiful performance here. Her vocals are so pure, clear and stunning! She just makes this all so easy and soothing to listen to. :wub: The opening verse is soft & pretty and really sets the mood of the performance. Then she really builds this up nicely once it got to the chorus. Then the performance got really epic once she sang the bridge where she was belting and singing her heart out. Girl SANG! But then she had that moment where she belted out that long "yyyyooouuuuu" note at the end! :omg::dead: I heard this song done on many singing shows, and heard a lot of really good versions, but Pia really did something special with this song and gave such an incredible performance! Pia showcased all of the different textures and layers of her voice, and this performance was all a thing of beauty. Not to mention, she looked absolutely gorgeous here too! :wub: A winning performance, to be honest!

Lily

Absolutely stunning. Truly a powerhouse vocal. The end is particularly stunning to me and I love how you can see it really amazed everyone in the audience too.

Akshar

*standing ovation* OMFG I’M BAWLING!! This is my favorite Pia performance! When she got eliminated and sang this song again, it broke me. Such a beautiful performance, her voice is flawless. This is just absolutely stunning, love her.

Alex

What a showstopper. The way Pia is so gorgeous and talented literally isn't fair. This performance was a masterpiece and Pia's strongest moment of the competition (though I'm partial to RDMH which has just been robbed in so many ways)

Kevin

Wasn't she supposed to become some huge mega-star despite America realizing her basicness and canning her in 9th?

Derek

I don't think what she did at the end of the song really worked for this song? She's always trying to get to the TIPPY TOP of her range and absolutely FORCES the notes out. It is not very pleasant for me. Also when she's at the top of her range she always stretches out her neck and tilts her head back. Every voice teacher in America dies whenever she does this.

JC

This is pretty boring. Yawn.

2. Haley Reinhart "House Of The Rising Sun"

f0v2Ozn.png

5.8/20

Watch Here

@NGM - 1/20

@Solaris - 1/20

@JC - 1/20

@*Wallace - 1/20

@totes4totes - 1/20

@*Amanda - 2/20

@jarmon - 2/20

@*Lily - 2/20

@Alex95 - 2/20

@FrogLenzen - 2/20

@Crisis - 3/20

@rdhaley96 - 3/20

@taylorkat - 3/20

@Steven_ - 3/20

@1234567890 - 3/20

@hayden98 - 4/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@QueenKalie - 6/20

@goofycilla90 - 11/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 11/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 13/20

@Zoey - 14/20

@sublymonal - 14/20

@*Chris - 17/20

@Elliott - 20/20

Sola

People acting like this isn’t the best performance of the season, and one of the greatest of all time.

JC

EPIC, no other words.

Wally

"House Of The Rising Sun" is such an epic and iconic performance from Haley, and is my favorite performance of the season! #bless Megan and Victoria on advancing this performance through to the finals! This is one of those songs I hear often on singing shows but Haley crushed this and really did something special with this song. That a Capella opening section is out of this world amazing! She sounds so gorgeous there, and really sets the mood of the performance. :wub: But she takes no time building this performance up right after that. I love how she connects so well and strongly to the song as if she lived, breathed and wrote this song herself. Her vocal performance here is insane. I love all of her growls, belting and all of the vocal range she showcases here. Oh another word for this....is haunting, she makes this performance so haunting! She just kills it and does all of these mind blowing vocal ad-libs. :omg: Then that last "ssssuuuunnnn" note she belted was another one of many incredible moments in this performance. This was just an out of this world performance! I'm hoping and pulling out hope for this to win (although I wouldn't mind if any of my Top 3 wins)!

Akshar

*standing ovation* HALEYYYY QUEEENNN!!! SHE SLAYED?!?! Like her growls are absolutely amazing! She has such a special voice, that you can just identify its her so easily. I love the sass and attitude she brought to this performance, queen.

Lily

These later seasons don't really have a lot of 'moments' to me but this is definitely one of those rare moments. Really a breathtaking performance. She started strong and kept getting stronger.

Alex

Still one of the best performance in Idol history. The level of slayage...far too much. This performance shows how Haley was heads and shoulders above everyone else this season.

Crisis

This was a complete vocal slaying! It was obvious Haley had something to prove after the comments she received for You And I. I had high expectations after Sheryl Crow pre-performance comments. Well she fulfilled them and then some. I loved how it just started with her singing a cappella before ramping it up after the rest of the band came in. I think this was technically Haley’s best performance; however, I like two above it more.

Richard

There’s no doubt this performance is one of the all-time greats. Maybe it’s because I’ve watched it so much, but I feel like it’s lost a bit of the magic I used to get from it. That said, I still love this performance. The staging… fantastic. The acapella beginning was absolutely masterful, too, and I love how she ultimately ended the performance. Very powerful and a bit angsty. That middle section where she dropped lower with the “oh, mother” was a great choice as well. 

All in all, this was an incredible performance from Haley, even if it didn’t end up topping my list like I thought it would.

Steven

Haley's "House of the Rising Sun" is my favorite version of the song I've heard. Haley's delivery was perfect. Every nuance and vocal choice Haley made was great. She showcased her range as a vocalist and delivered many standout notes. This is definitely one of the best Idol performances ever.  

Kevin

I don't care. Overrated.

Elliott

I don't think my ranking this last is shocking to anyway. I've always hated this performance and maintain that it overtook Carrie's Alone as the single most overrated Idol performance. The way that Yoü and I deserved to be here over this >>>>>> Also this was clearly the performance that Wally was talking about that I would've gleefully cut had it not been sent through. :giggle:

1. Haley Reinhart "I (Who Have Nothing)"

s5cJCQc.png

4.0/20

Watch Here

@Crisis - 1/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 1/20

@rdhaley96 - 1/20

@Elliott - 1/20

@hayden98 - 1/20

@Alex95 - 1/20

@taylorkat - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 1/20

@NGM - 2/20

@JC - 2/20

@*Wallace - 2/20

@totes4totes - 2/20

@Solaris - 3/20

@*Amanda - 3/20

@jarmon - 3/20

@goofycilla90 - 4/20

@Steven_ - 4/20

@1234567890 - 4/20

@QueenKalie - 5/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@*Lily - 6/20

@*Diana - 6/20

@Zoey - 12/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 16/20

Crisis

Talk about coming out with a chip on your shoulder! After dealing with all of the BS regarding Earth Song earlier (which is one of the most underrated Idol performances IMO. Randy and J-Lo had no idea what they were talking about. At least Steven gave her props; I’ll stop now before I go too far off topic), Haley said screw this and came out with a gritty and gutsy performance of I (Who Have Nothing). Lady Gaga gave her excellent advice about bringing more drama to the song because that really enhanced the performance. Haley brought the drama and desperation the song required, and that certainly paid off. I place this performance up there with Kris’ Heartless among the most clutch Idol performances. In Haley’s case, it’s because it propelled her into the Top 3 when it looked like she was vulnerable to elimination that week. It’s my favorite performance of this bunch and my second favorite S10 performance.

Kevin

Sensational.

Richard

Absolutely sensational. This performance was the perfect marriage of drama and fantastic vocals. Haley came out of the gate swinging on this one, being forced to deliver it basically right after Randy singled her out as the only non-winner of the first round. I think that feedback gave her the adrenaline she needed to completely and utterly slay this one.

I’m especially glad she took Lady Gaga’s advice to go very demented and theatrical, as that choice really put a different sort of spin on the song that we hadn’t seen on the show. From the beginning, everything about this performance was so striking. The cinematography was gorgeous, Haley looked amazing, and she sounded even better. Her acting was spot-on and conveyed all the emotions she was trying to get across. 

Overall, this performance is definitely up there as not just one of the best of the season but one of the best of the series. I’m not sure it’ll win, but if it does, it would be 100% deserved.

Elliott

Yep, that's right. 😘 My favourite performance of the season is actually a Haley Reinhart performance! THE GAG! First, lemme get this off my chest: Earth Song (her preceding performance) was legit awful. That entire first round was a wash, but Haley definitely did the worst of the four, imo. The judges were correct with some of their criticisms. But that leads to my second point: The judges watched the dress rehearsals and there is not a doubt in my mind that they 100% decided to be overly cruel to Haley just to p*ss her off before this performance... and honestly, I'm glad they did. Homegirl looked ready to MURDER JLo and Randy, and her anger contributed so much to this performance. The theatrics; the way her voice cracks at the big moment to show her ~vulnerability~; the way this was instantly iconic  :wub: Despite my shade at Haley, I will always give this performance props and consider it one of my all-time favourite Idol performances.

Alex

Other than David Cook winning, this performance is my favorite ~moment~ in Idol history. Everyone's already talked about it, but the way she got #dragged round one for the highly underrated "Earth Song", got brought back onto the stage to get #dragged again about it, and then came out to deliver one of the most iconic performances in Idol history :wub: :wub: :wub:. It'll never fail to warm my cold, dead heart. Haley fought her way into the final three with this performance and she EARNED that spot! And then I thought she'd be a lock for final two because James voters would go to Haley and the country peeps would split the vote 🤡

Derek

fun fact, Haley is my number 1 of all time. It would be nice for this to rank high

JC

Stunning, the drama electrified me, like girl made everyone else look like 60 year old grandmas with their lame song choices and boring arrangements. They needed to actually take a note from Haley and switch everything up so that we would jump up in excitement. Queen of queens, sensational.

Wally

Haley delivered and performed such an iconic version of "I (Who Have Nothing)." That tends to happen with this song, and Haley was the second contestant to do so in this show. I love how Lady Gaga was telling Haley to channel and bring out the crazy dramatic role to this song, as I felt that really elevated this performance. Haley had some mixed and harsh criticism for her first performance that night but channeled that anger and came out guns blazing here. Haley sounded gorgeous at the start and the emotion she sang the song with was so bone chilling. :omg: Wow, I love how she belted out the first chorus of the song, specifically where she sang "with nothing to give you but IIiii, I love you." :omg: How she sang that entire bridge was another epic and iconic part of the song! So much grit, power, drama and intensity. Wow, I love it! And then dang....that part where she held out that long "Iiiiiiiii" note, was another incredible moment. :dead: Haley just completely slayed this entire performance.

Sola

This song has been slayed by 3 different women in this series, and each of the is captivating.  The drama in this ❤️  Also J-Lo sucks for all her Haley hate and revisionist history.

Akshar

*standing ovation* I MEAN COME ON NOW?!?! How she about to come and SLAY us all like that? Such a sexy and sultry performance from her with some KILLER VOCALS. She sang this song sooo effortlessly and it was such a soothing performance that I absolutely adore.

Steven

This was an amazing performance from Haley. Lady Gaga gave her great advice to embrace the angsty lyrics and deliver a performance full of drama. Not only was the emotion Haley displayed on point, but her vocals were superb as well. This is definitely one of the best performances of the season.

Chris

Everyone is shook by this ranking. Easily my favourite performance of hers and  the highlight of the season. 

Lily

Everything in this performance really came together so perfectly. Her voice was great, she looked so glamorous, the orchestra elevated it. A star!

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 10 - 5-1 Posted)

In this runaway victory, Haley's rating of 4.0 pushes her to the top of the leaderboard of highest rated performances tied with LaToya's "Don't Rain On My Parade" and right behind Tamyra's "A House Is Not A Home" and Kelly's "A Natural Woman"

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

In this runaway victory, Haley's rating of 4.0 pushes her to the top of the leaderboard of highest rated performances tied with LaToya's "Somwhere" and right behind Tamyra's "A House Is Not A Home" and Kelly's "A Natural Woman"

it was LaToya's DROMP btw

• Thanks 1