American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - Rankings Due 11/1)

Alex95

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I am cutting the following performance:

I remember being excited she was going to do this song and being disappointed this was the version we got. She should have stuck closer to original. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Y'all really are doing Jordin so dirty. Nasty. 

Yep. :broken:

Sadly I saw it coming along right from the start of this Season 6 game. :(

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Y'all really are doing Jordin so dirty. Nasty. 

By cutting three of her weaker performances in a round when a substantial majority of the remaining performances are being cut? 🙄

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

By cutting three of her weaker performances in a round when a substantial majority of the remaining performances are being cut? 🙄

"This is My Now" was hardly one of Jordin's weaker performances though (IMO). Although I'm fine with most of her performances that have been cut.

But I don't think she was referring to just this round but the (previous) rounds as a whole. I know other contestants have had harsher treatment throughout but I do feel she has had a lack of support/harder treatment compared to someone like Blake (she has like 5 less performances than him right now).

But i also understand we all view things differently and that we all have different favorites we connect to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

"This is My Now" was hardly one of Jordin's weaker performances though (IMO). Although I'm fine with most of her performances that have been cut.

But I don't think she was referring to just this round but the rounds as a whole. I know other contestants have had harsher treatment throughout but I do feel she has had a lack of support/harder treatment compared to someone like Blake (she has like 5 less performances than him right now).

idk, I’ve just always hated that song (as I do with most coronation singles) and don’t consider it a Top 20 performance. I blame Slezak turning into a meme for why people tend to remember it fondly because the lyrics are some of the worst I’ve heard. (Not that Jordin’s to blame for that, but Blake’s version of it was deservingly cut a while ago.) For me personally, I legitimately preferred every remaining performance from the other contestants to what’s left of Jordin’s, I went with that since it seemed like a fair cut to me.

In the previous rounds, I didn’t really feel like anyone was really targeting her more than the others. (Though with me not liking her Idol run, it’s possible I just wasn’t paying close enough attention.) To me, it seemed like Stephanie and Sabrina had the most egregious cuts since I think Sabrina’s should’ve all made it to this point and Stephanie should have some more representation here.

But when you have a season like this where it’s clear Melinda is going to (deservingly) have a substantial majority of the final performances locked up and you have 21 rankers each doing a cut, the statistics are that Blake and Jordin - as the two with the most performances remaining - are going to be cut. I don’t think it’s them being dirty since it’s just the way the game is formatted.

9 hours ago, *Chris said:

TBH, Miranda Lambert did more for artists on Team Blake then Blake did for his own artists. 

She just opened a Mexican restaurant in Nashville! 😍 I know where I’m eating once I’m able to visit there again. 😋 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weedy_Speedy said:

I'm torn on what to do, but I think it's best for me to stay true to my feelings, even if it may not be popular.

Cut Jordin's "You'll Never Walk Alone"

We Are Your Friends Pout GIF

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 12 - Rankings Due 11/1)