American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Oooh wow…so it was Allison’s ICMYLM that came in at #8. 😮  But yeah this was a gorgeous performance from Allison and I do love it. I struggled on how to rank this one but settled on 9th for some reason even though I could have put it 7th/8th or so. So I kinda regret not putting it a little higher but ah well. I think this is a good spot for this. And lol I don’t even get JC’s comment here.

Adam’s MW and Allison’s STWOM moving up a spot to #7 and #6 is better now too. :yes: 

I think we know #5 is but I'll comment on that when it gets re-posted.

But wow this Top 4 being….. 3 Kris performances vs. an Allison performance vs. an Allison/Adam performance. I was def expecting something like this but wasn't sure if Kris or Allison would have more in the Final 5. Still thinking Kris will pull out the win and betting it on Heartless.

My #1, 3, 4, 7 and 14 all remain. Yayy this is better than what it was originally.

5. Allison Iraheta "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"

Hy0Gtey.png

8.3/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2b12yvXQQ

@Solaris - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 3/20

@Alex95 - 4/20

@*Wallace - 4/20

@goofycilla90 - 5/20

@totes4totes - 6/20

@*Diana - 7/20

@1234567890 - 7/20

@NGM - 8/20

@Steven_ - 8/20

@taylorkat - 8/20

@hayden98 - 10/20

@*Amanda - 10/20

@Zoey - 10/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 12/20

@*Chris - 13/20

@*Lily - 13/20

@rdhaley96 - 13/20

@JC - 16/20

Solaris

An underrated performance from Allison.  Its my favorite of the season.  I find everything about this performance exceptional. I hope ranking it #1 gets it a good standing in the final ranking.

Derek

lol remember when David Hernandez tried it

Alex

Allison slayed this like she always does. Such a cool and funky arrangement. Should've been a lock or top five, and now I'm glad it is (though it should've been higher than at least one of the three(????) Kris Allen performances still around.

Wally

I’m not sure how unpopular this is but “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” was always my favorite Allison performance. I was pleased with my group with Alex & Sola advancing this to the Round 6 battle rounds and thankfully it sailed through into the finals after that. I loved seeing this sassy and funky side of Allison here. She got to perform something out of her comfort zone and nail it as always. But she still brought and added her rock style to this song to make it fit her. I love how she starts the song off in this soft and mysterious way. Oooh I love that falsetto note she hit when she sang:

Mama, I'm depending on you

To tell me the truth

But then I love it even more where she builds it up and sings:

Mama just hung her head and said, "Son,.

Papa was a rolling stone.

Wherever he laid his hat was his home.

And when he died, all he left us was alone.

Hey mama.”

Sang it Allison! (!)

Oh I do love how she sings the second verse in this super fast way. Actually parts of that are so fast I can’t understand. And oh wow I also think she forgot and messed up a lot of the words on that second part which is…. #oops. But I didn’t care because she was nailing the attitude and delivered a fierce performance here. :bobo::haha:

I loved how she sang the chorus the second time around with al of her showcasing her power vocals and range. And wow that way she ended this belting out “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” was amazing tooo! :omg: So yeah this may not have been a perfect performance (lyric flub and all) but I still absolutely loved this from Allison.

Steven

Papa Was A Rolling Stone" is one of my favorite Allison performances of the season, so I'm glad this one managed to make it to the Top 20. Allison delivered the song well, and the ending was especially impressive. I don't usually root for teenage contestants on American Idol, but Allison is one of the rare cases when a teenage contestant managed to be one of the best of the season. And this performance is an example of Allison's great talent.

Hayden

Why couldn’t Allison have been one of TCOs that year? She gave so many amazing performances!!

Zoey

It would’ve been higher had I been able to understand a word she was singing in the middle. 

Kevin

Overrated, but good.

Chris

The better rendition of the song to have been done on American Idol; not a big fan of the song so I never really been able to enjoy the performance as much as her other performances.

Lily

Always blows my mind to think about how she was 16 delivering classic songs like this with her own unique take and soul. Another great vocal and she ended it on a bang.

Richard

This was a good performance for Allison! I liked the song choice and how she arranged it. I don’t think this was necessarily an outstanding outing for her, but she gave a very solid vocal and looked super comfortable on stage. She especially brought it home in the second half, particularly in the last 15 seconds or so. Definitely another strong showing from her overall.

JC

David Hernandez did it better, her voice just does not suit this. The rasp just does not work.

4. Kris Allen "Falling Slowly"

k8wcMTq.png

8.0/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRDm9UN6O5Q

@*Chris - 1/20

@Steven_ - 1/20

@1234567890 - 2/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 2/20

@totes4totes - 3/20

@taylorkat - 3/20

@JC - 4/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 8/20

@rdhaley96 - 8/20

@NGM - 9/20

@*Diana - 10/20

@Alex95 - 11/20

@goofycilla90 - 11/20

@hayden98 - 11/20

@*Wallace - 14/20

@Solaris - 15/20

@*Lily - 15/20

@Zoey - 17/20

Chris

This performance remains one of my favourite from the season, and in my Top 2 performances when it comes to Kris. There was something about this one that was very fresh and it felt authentic - this was the start of the song being overdone on these shows and remains the best version of it.

Steven

"Falling Slowly" is my favorite performance of Season 8, and it's one of my all-time favorite Idol performances ever too. Kris really did pick the perfect song for himself. He delivered a heartfelt performance full of emotion. My favorite part of the performance is the second half after the key change. Kris sounded great on those notes while also connecting to the lyrics. Kris really sang from the heart and delivered a believable and superb performance. "Falling Slowly" is a song that's been done quite a lot on talent shows after Kris covered it (I believe Kris kicked off the trend of "Falling Slowly" appearing on talent shows), but Kris' version will always be my favorite. Like Kara said, it was one of his best moments on the show. Simon didn't get to comment after the performance due to the "only two judges give feedback" method used that week, but Simon made sure to tell Kris during the results show that he was brilliant with "Falling Slowly." "Falling Slowly" was a sincere and touching performance, and it easily takes the #1 spot on my ranking.

Kevin

Incredible.

JC

This is so beautiful and emotional, it almost makes me cry watching this performance. Kris is just so good at really make you feel his words and the lyrics, I am stunned each time by him. I am legit going to watch all his performances because he makes me so happy ❤️ :kickawesome:

Richard

Kris took a risk this week by choosing a relatively unknown (at the time) song, but I think it was absolutely the right choice to do so. Kris brought something so genuine and beautiful to this performance, not just through his vocal, but through his overall delivery. His singing was lovely of course, but the way every aspect of this performance came together was a joy to watch for me. I’ll never get over Randy’s critique of this performance, which is right up there with his critique of Syesha’s “ACIGC” as the worst critique of all time.

But yeah, this was probably one of Kris’s defining weeks on the show. I feel like a lot of people were starting to tire of the Adam/Danny lovefest from the judges, and especially with Randy’s critique this week, Kris got a little more underdog momentum, and rightly so. Kris’s trajectory was definitely on the rise after this one.

Alex

So once upon a time this used to easily be my favorite Kris performance. Then I rewatched it and Randy was kinda right, it was really pitchy and pretty rough during the first verse. I think the performance is absolutely saved by the emotion and how heartfelt it is. It's a genius song choice from Kris and still an amazing performance. But just not my favorite of his anymore, it hasn't aged as well.

Hayden

I don’t look at the judge’s commentary usually when rewatching performances, but I am pretty sure this was crapped on by Randy (maybe Kara? I can’t be bothered to check). This was beautiful though and clearly had some impact since we’ve seen at least two or three people choose this song for movie night on seasons since.

Wally

Kris’ “Falling Slowly” is a very beautiful performance and one I am not surprised that it made into the finals here and I do think it’s deserving. This is also one of those performances I feel a bit tricky on as I don’t know if I really like it or if I love it - it’s like right in between. So this isn’t necessarily a performance I stan for like a lot of people but I do still appreciate it a great deal. I think Kris’ version of this song was (one of) the first times I heard this and he gave a great  first impression of this song for me. :haha:

Kris does have such a lovely voice and tone and he really showcases that well here. The start of this is just…. really lovely. I love how he connects to the song and pours so much emotion into this. I do like this even more where he gets into the chorus.

Take this sinking boat and point it home

We've still got time

Raise your hopeful voice, you have the choice

You’ve made it now

Oh wow sometimes that part gives me chills. 😮 Then the way he closes this is really nice too where he sings:

Falling slowly sing your melody

I'll sing it loud

This was really good and that build up was great. Ugh I just wished this was longer because it went by so fast. Omg I remember Randy hating hard on this performance and people were raging at him for it. :dead: But yeah this is a very nice performance from Kris and I do really enjoy it - I feel like most may rank it higher than me but curious to see where it lands.

Solaris

Happy this made it for Steven, but I don’t love it like some of his performances!

Lily

Another example of a performance by Kris that doesn't need to have too much on display or too many vocal tricks etc. to make it stand out because the simplicity and his voice really make for a lovely performance. Not one of my big favorites here but I still enjoyed it.

Zoey

Falling to sleep Slowy.

3. Adam Lambert & Allison Iraheta "Slow Ride"

m63MMwS.png

7.5/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4mZ6-oZYY

@Alex95 - 1/20

@totes4totes - 1/20

@*Lily - 1/20

@rdhaley96 - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 2/20

@*Diana - 2/20

@NGM - 3/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 4/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@*Wallace - 7/20

@hayden98 - 9/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@Steven_ - 12/20

@Zoey - 13/20

@*Chris - 15/20

@goofycilla90 - 17/20

@1234567890 - 17/20

@JC - 17/20

Alex

Adam & Allison on rock night is one of the best nights in Idol history for two contestants. Their solos and their duet are both in my top five performances of the season. Hell they're probably straight up my top three performances of the season. They rocked the night and brought the house down, they should've just crowned them as co-winners that night. Allison was done so f*cking dirty getting eliminated that week, and all three performances were done dirty in this game.

Lily

Now this is a duet. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Adam and Allison match each other in their styles, their voices, their energies on stage - it's just such a brilliant match-up and I'm glad they both were on this season so we could have a moment like this. I have toyed with having both of them as my #1 in this round for different performances and in the end, I feel like they just both brought out the best qualities of each other here that it would be great to see them both get a win for this season.

Richard

Just like last season, I wasn’t sure what my #1 would be, as there were a lot of great performances this season. In the end, this infectious duet won me over.

Right out of the gate, this was a blast to watch. Adam and Allison had such natural chemistry, and they struck exactly the right balance with their collaboration. Neither one outshined the other, but at the same time, both of them gave not just fantastic vocal performances but fantastic energy. It’s clear that they were both having the time of their lives, and that hug at the end of the performance between them really said it all.

Overall, this performance stood out from the pack for me because of how lighthearted and downright FUN it felt, while at the same time, it was still a great vocal showing for both Adam and Allison. I absolutely LOVED this and would be more than thrilled to see it win.

Kevin

One of my favorite showings for both of these contestants. I actually considered this my favorite performance of season 8 for many years. It was a perfect song choice for them and they complimented each other superbly.

Solaris

My predicted winner for this round.  I do love it, but I don’t really want to see a duo performance win.

Wally

Having Adam & Allison duet with each other was such a genius idea on Rock Night. They were the two rockers of the season so of course that made perfect sense. I don’t think I ever heard this song before they sang it but I have always really loved their version of it. B Both Adam and Allison were rocking it and totally in their element here. I love how they started it off with Allison singing her part and then Adam singing his part. 

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

And not to mention but that chorus is so infectiously fun too! :bobo:

But yeah i do love how Allison sing a few lines and then Adam does the same. I do love Allison’s solos more but thats personally because I like her voice and her as a contestant more but of course Adam is such a natural on this too. I do love all of Allison’s solo parts. Although I do love the part where Adam sings: 

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time

Oooh and the way they ended this with that “Ssssllloowwww. Riidddeeee.” belting was an epic way to end this. :dead: Adam and Allison were perfect duet partners and THIS was a duet done right. :yes:

Hayden

This performance was a match made in heaven! Adam and Allison both rocked this!

Steven

This was an awesome performance. Allison and Adam just went out on stage to have fun while showcasing their vocal chops. They were both in their element here, and they delivered a very enjoyable performance.

Zoey

I can’t stand Adam’s voice but he’s a stronger singer than Kris, so he gets bumped up a couple of spots.

Chris

An iconic performance but I am rooting for other performances over this so I am ranking it lower. 

JC

Not a bad performance, quite a rocker performance and they definitely did a good job, but hopefully the Adam and Allison fans don't band together to get this the win. It definitely is not either one's best performance by any means, but they worked well together.

2. Kris Allen "Ain't No Sunshine"

yvddXEH.png

7.3/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uke5gSAs28

@taylorkat - 1/20

@hayden98 - 1/20

@Steven_ - 2/20

@*Amanda - 2/20

@JC - 2/20

@*Wallace - 3/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 3/20

@rdhaley96 - 4/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@NGM - 5/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@*Lily - 6/20

@Solaris - 10/20

@totes4totes - 11/20

@1234567890 - 12/20

@Alex95 - 14/20

@goofycilla90 - 14/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

@Zoey - 19/20

Hayden

I already am such a huge fan of this song and I really feel like Kris’s take on this was pure genius!

Steven

Remember back in 2009 when TPTB pretty much established Danny and Adam were going to be the Final 2? Previous Idol seasons had obvious Top 2 frontrunners in the past (Ruben & Clay, Carrie & Bo), so it seemed like Season 8 was another example of that. But then Kris closed out Top 9 with his own interpretation of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine." It was such a cool arrangement, and Kris absolutely nailed the performance. The "I know, I know, I know, I know" part was especially a standout. Kris was already my favorite contestant at this point in the competition, but this was the first time I truly believed he could win American Idol. This was definitely one of Kris' best performances of the season, and one of my favorites of the season.

JC

Definitely one of the performances that you immediately associate with Kristopher Allen, just absolutely completely bashed the competition away with performances like this. Innovative, creative, just heads and shoulders above everyone else this season :wub: I am falling in love all over again watching his performances. And he looks so fricking delicious as he does it UNF. :kickawesome:

Wally

Yess I am very pleased Kris Allen’s "Ain't No Sunshine" made the finals as this is my 2nd  favorite performance of Kris’ and it was a must that this performance made it so the finals. So yay! Overall….. I wasn’t too hot on the iTunes Downloads theme and I remember it being kind of an underwhelming night from the other contestants except for Kris, who delivered a showstopper here. What I love about this performance was how Kris made this his own. Loved the arrangement, loved his vocals and loved how he connected & emoted this song. The soft beginning chorus is so good and so haunting. I love how he starts off the performance.

But then the build up gets better and better where he really gets into the song where he sings:

Wonder this time where she's gone

Wonder if she's gone to stay

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

And this house just ain't no home

Anytime she goes away

So goood! :omg:

Then he builds it up even more on the next part which is even better where he sings:

And I know, I know, I know, well I know

I know, I know, I know, well I know

I know, I know, I know, well I know

leave young thing alone

But ain't no sunshine when she's gone

That part was so epic! :omg::clap: Kris was really killing it there and delivered yet another amazing performance here!

Kevin

One of his best performances. This perfectly highlighted what a fantastic singer and artist Kris actually is. Sure, he may not be the showman that someone like Adam or even David Cook was, but people got behind him for reasons other than his looks and underdog appeal.

Richard

Up until this point in the competition, Kris was delivering solid performances, but this was the first week where he really BROUGHT IT. Kris was electric here. Despite sitting at a piano, Kris gave such a dynamic performance. There were moments of belting and moments that were more subdued. My favorite part of the performance was the “I know” section in the middle where he just sat back and relaxed a bit, hitting an occasional chord here and there. He seemed SO in his element. I absolutely loved it. 

Despite his less than two minute timeslot, Kris really packed a ton into this performance. This was the moment where his versatility really shone, and I think he established himself as a serious dark horse this week. By far one of his best.

Chris

I personally preferred the reprise over this but I still love his rendition of it which is in my Top 2 performance of this song.

Lily

Omg this video opening with Ryan talking to Mandisa in the audience and joking she's up next to sing. Hell, why shouldn't she be? Get back up there and slay a song, would have easily been better than some of this top 20! Anyway, glad to see Christina Christian's version of this song was so popular that it fit the criteria of 'popular iTunes downloads'. I feel like this song always needs something a little extra to make it pop and usually that'll be if it can take a more dramatic and almost haunting turn. I kinda get that from Kris' performance with the arrangement and the piano and that's what brings it up as a great performance to me.

Alex

This was never quite a Moment for me, but it's obviously a great performance and there's no arguing with it doing well here. I'm still partial to Christina Christian's if we're being honest 🙈

Derek

Special thanks to Lily for taking out the reprise

Zoey

There’s none in my heart for you.

1. Kris Allen "Heartless"

ywS1bJW.png

4.8/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6zmyCEroqw

@*Diana - 1/20

@*Wallace - 1/20

@1234567890 - 1/20

@*Amanda - 1/20

@JC - 1/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 1/20

@taylorkat - 2/20

@*Chris - 2/20

@rdhaley96 - 2/20

@goofycilla90 - 3/20

@Steven_ - 3/20

@hayden98 - 3/20

@Solaris - 4/20

@totes4totes - 5/20

@NGM - 6/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@*Lily - 8/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

@Zoey - 20/20

Wally

Kris Allen "Heartless" has always been my favorite performance of Season 8 way back when i did a performance ranking of S8 and to this day, it still remains my favorite performance of the season. Thank you to Amanda for advancing this through for all of us! This is the performance I am hoping to win so fingers crossed for that. Although I am curious if Adam/Allison stans and stans of other contestants dare to tank this in their rankings for being a big threat to prevent it from winning. I think that could happen but will it be that effective? I have no clue but we shall see.

I remember being really shocked about Kris taking on a current Kanye West hit like this as this was such a huge risk - but it really ended up being a game changing performance. It gained him tons of momentum to win the following week. I do love the Kanye original (and we are NOT going to diss the original version, y’all. 😘 ) But I love how Kris used his artistry to re-arrange and make this truly his own. It is genius. I was definitely rooting on Kris to win after this performance (although i already was after Matt’s and Allison’s eliminations). 

But yeah this arrangement Kris came up with is so killer! I love the opening a cappella section and he sounded so great there where he sang:

In the night, I hear 'em talk

The coldest story ever told

Somewhere far along this road

He lost his soul to a woman so heartless

:omg:

Then I love how the rest of it got this fun upbeat arrangement. But he still had that heart broken attitude feel that was needed here for he song too. I do love how he sings that whole first verse there especially the latter half where he sings:

I mean, after all the things that we been through

I mean, after all the things we got into

Ayo, I know of some things that you ain't told me

Ayo, I did some things but that's the old me

But MY favorite part is where he builds this up even more and gets all angst on the next verse section of the song where he sings:

You run and tell your friends that you're leavin' me

They say that they don't see what you see in me

You wait a couple of months, then you gon' see

You'll never find nobody better than mmmmeeee

SO GOOD! :dead:

Wow I was blown away and still am. :omg: This is truly an iconic and legendary performance from Kris. 

JC

This performance is THE performance of the season. The artistry, the innovation, the creativity, the fire, the rhythm, the flow, the groove, the vibe, everything about it just SLAYED! No one else could ever, Kristopher was one damn special idol, and completely one of a kind because we have not seen anyone this special since or before. He definitely brought something new to idol and made me proud to be a WGWG fan, which is not always the case. I mean, a white boy from the middle of nowhere, midwest doing a Kanye song and SLAYING it, honestly no one has that kind of versatility. Except Kris! Like SOTR by McPhee and Imagine by Archuleta, this objectively should win, but the other two were robbed by tankings, so I hope this avoids the same fate, but Kris will forever be ingrained in Idol history by this performance and SO MANY others, he is just such a special guy and I was so impressed by him completely owning his underdog status and turning himself into a CHAMPION! I was still legit floored when he upset Adam in the finale, and Gokey at top 3, because those were the two TCOs of the season. It was the best upset in idol history, and I LIVED for it because he was one of the few idols that I have EVER voted for, so I feel a part of his win, very emotionally invested and there's so much love here :wub::kickawesome:

Kevin

Incredible and probably the performance that got Kris the win to begin with. This is probably the ultimate WGWG moment in the show's history? I mean you got your Alex Prestons and MacKenzie Bourgs who tried to pull the same shtick of an acoustic cover of an iconic song, but most of these lacked the pure magic that Kris's version of "Heartless" contained. He absolutely poured his heart and soul into this performance and I'm so glad it got the adulation it deserves.

Chris

Absolutely love this performance from the unexpectedness to the arrangement to Kris' interpretation. This remains one of the most modern performance to ever be done on American Idol, after all these years.

Richard

Kris went into the final 3 with the odds against him. If he wanted to go all the way, he needed a Hail Mary. And this was it. 

Kris took a huge gamble this week, performing with just a guitar and flipping a song from a completely different genre completely onto its head, but every choice he made this week was the right one. Choosing to forgo any other instruments in the background allowed all the attention to be on him at all times, which could have been catastrophic if he messed up, but instead, he delivered a fantastic vocal and an enthralling performance that cemented his spot in the finale. Simply put, Kris was stellar. I’d be so happy to see this performance underdog its way to the win just like Kris himself did. 

Steven

This is probably Kris' most popular performance and his best chance at winning this rankdown, but it still ranks #3 for me. But "Heartless" really was a game-changing performance. TPTB were so close to getting their desired Adam vs Danny Final 2, but Kris foiled their plans. He fought and earned his way into the Top 3, and then he threw down the gauntlet with this stripped down version of "Heartless." It was an unexpected song choice, but Kris delivered THE standout performance of the night and one of the most buzzed about of the season. I like the originality of the arrangement and the angst Kris put into his vocals. I like Kris' version so much better than the original. Kris did exactly what he needed to survive this week. Not only did this performance get him into the finale, but he also went into the finale with the momentum to win. "Heartless" is arguably one of the most memorable Idol performances ever, and this Top 20 would be incomplete without it. It's a :kickawesome: performance.

Hayden

That opening tho! :wub: I definitely feel like it was a huge risk to do this acoustic, but Kris dared and absolutely earned his spot in the finale with this performance.

Solaris

My favorite Kris performance, and a big reason why I think he won!

Alex

I figured a Kris performance was a lock to win from the start and I'm glad this is the one that pulled it off. Easily his best performance of the competition, and the performance that clinched Kris the win (along with Adam being too gay from America and Danny being an unlikable turd lol)

Lily

Definitely the performance that comes to mind thinking about Kris' journey on Idol. He definitely put some people's doubts about the song selection to rest and showed he could make something special out of it. I'm sorry Kanye, I'ma let you finish, but Kris Allen might just be one of my favorite WGWG's of all-time.

Derek

runaway winner

Zoey

I don’t even feel Heartless ranking this at twenty.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 8 - 5-1 Posted)
Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Not surprising, and not undeserving. I don’t mind being that guy this season lololol. Kris doesn’t get to have the best average for our whole game after all the unnecessary Adam attacks

Yeah I was fine with a Kris win originally which is why I didn't tank him, but with Adam being done so dirty by Kris stans, I'm less fine with it :/

Edited by Alex95

Well deserved! Kris was my second favourite after Megan so I am super happy with the results.

I do wish my favorite Adam performance would have made it through the end though, since I only really loved Mad World of his that was in this Top 20. 

Just now, Steven_ said:

I don’t recall eliminating any Adam performances, so I hope I’m excluded from the “Kris stans did Adam dirty” narrative. :ph34rwave:

Lmao I think it's way more "Kris fans don't care as much for Adam" then going out of their way to do him dirty, but you know this is IDF. Everything has to have an ulterior motive. :haha: 

Just now, Steven_ said:

My favorite contestants winning for Seasons 4, 6, and 8. :wub: 

And my favorite performance won for Season 2 as well, but I don’t really care about Clay though lol.

I am still bitter at Solitaire being cut. 

Not surprised at all by this outcome. Great winner and top 5!

Also, to get into the spirit of the season, I was looking back at some old American Idol recaps from Idolatry (great stuff!), and I came across this brilliant performance again. Allison :wub: