American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

8 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I always wonder what route they would have gone with the movie if Tamyra had made the finale over Justin. :dead:

I think I remember hearing or reading, or whatever... that they thought Tamyra and Justin would be the Top 2 (before Kelly became a frontrunner?) and were thinking of From Tamyra to Justin. Or maybe that was just something I had imagined? IDK. :dead: 

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Thelma and Louise but with Kelly & Tamyra.

Oooh that would have been fun. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

I think I remember hearing or reading, or whatever... that they thought Tamyra and Justin would be the Top 2 (before Kelly became a frontrunner?) and were thinking of From Tamyra to Kelly. Or maybe that was just something I had imagined? IDK. :dead: 

People always forget that Tamyra and Justin were the main singers until Kelly arose like a phoenix in regards to season one. :haha:

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think I remember hearing or reading, or whatever... that they thought Tamyra and Justin would be the Top 2 (before Kelly became a frontrunner?) and were thinking of From Tamyra to Kelly. Or maybe that was just something I had imagined? IDK. :dead: 

Oooh that would have been fun. :haha: 

It was years ago so hell if I can find it again, but the story was that someone allegedly had a copy of the first draft of the From Justin to Kelly script and it was dated from a couple days before Tamyra was even eliminated. So people thought Tamyra and Nikki’s eliminations were rigged, only for it to turn out they dated the cover page to the script wrong. :dead:

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

People always forget that Tamyra and Justin were the main singers until Kelly arose like a phoenix in regards to season one. :haha:

Oops my quote was supposd to be From Tamyra to Justin*. But oh yess, I know. I always remember how it originally was before how it turned out (no matter how much the producers want to rewrite history). :haha: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It was years ago so hell if I can find it again, but the story was that someone allegedly had a copy of the first draft of the From Justin to Kelly script and it was dated from a couple days before Tamyra was even eliminated. So people thought Tamyra and Nikki’s eliminations were rigged, only for it to turn out they dated the cover page to the script wrong. :dead:

LMAOO Season 1 was sooo dang messy. :dead: ❤️ 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I forgot to reply before, @Elliott, but that story about the CD singles being distributed before Tamyra's elimination so unprofessional. :dead: They couldn't wait until after? It makes sense now why she seemed so calm and peaceful that night. Like she expected it.

Yeah, it was a representative from the label. :dead: Nikki tells the story in Nigel’s podcast episode about S1’s Top 3 week. She said after they were put in the B2 together, Tamyra whispered, “It’s me. I didn’t get my CD like you three did.” :broken:

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oops my quote was supposd to be From Tamyra to Justin*. But oh yess, I know. I always remember how it originally was before how it turned out (no matter how much the producers want to rewrite history). :haha: 

Throwback to that audition a few years ago were they had a guy who was in love with Kelly and he was like “I’M HER NUMBER ONE FAN. I WAS ROOTING FOR HER EVER SINCE HER AUDITION AIRED.”

Despite Kelly being the only winner with absolutely no airtime prior to the semi-finals.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Yeah, it was a representative from the label. :dead: Nikki tells the story in Nigel’s podcast episode about S1’s Top 3 week. She said after they were put in the B2 together, Tamyra whispered, “It’s me. I didn’t get my CD like you three did.” :broken:

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

@Elliott, do you remember the AI Season 1 reunion that was done online? Kelly and Nikki were the only ones not to take part, right? This makes more sense since Nikki's passing. :( 

Nikki was actually in it! It’s still on Justin’s FB. She wasn’t in the initial advertisement for it because they didn’t know if she would be able to appear or not, as she joined last minute.

She seemed really happy with how her life was going in it. 😭 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Throwback to that audition a few years ago were they had a guy who was in love with Kelly and he was like “I’M HER NUMBER ONE FAN. I WAS ROOTING FOR HER EVER SINCE HER AUDITION AIRED.”

Despite Kelly being the only winner with absolutely no airtime prior to the semi-finals.

I think her audition was finally aired during Top 3? It was definitely not aired in the beginning. :haha: Only the switching seats with Randy part, I believe.

Just now, Elliott said:

Nikki was actually in it! It’s still on Justin’s FB. She wasn’t in the initial advertisement for it because they didn’t know if she would be able to appear or not, as she joined last minute.

She seemed really happy with how her life was going in it. 😭 

OMG. 😭

So only Kelly because of her schedule probably. 

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I think her audition was finally aired during Top 3? It was definitely not aired in the beginning. :haha: Only the switching seats with Randy part, I believe.

iirc, her audition never aired until Idol Rewind was a thing.

6 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

That would have been the new Timeless. :wub:

YES! :wub:

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@Elliott, do you remember the AI Season 1 reunion that was done online? Kelly and Nikki were the only ones not to take part, right? This makes more sense since Nikki's passing. :( 

Oooh awww when did this reunion happen?

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

LOL Yess. :dead: I hate when people say stuff like this because real fans know Kelly didn't have any airtime prior the semi finals. :lmao: