@taylorkat - 9/20

@~Tom~ - 10/20

@*Diana - 12/20

@NGM - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 13/20

@*Wallace - 13/20

@Steven_ - 13/20

Derek

She doesn't have the biggest vocal range in the world, but the way she is able to move around in her range with the runs and everything is some of the best I've ever heard in my life. Every note is so deliberate and solid and right on key. Really outstanding, a very rare talent.

Alex

An unreal performance. Every note, every nuance. She's such a brilliant performer and gifted vocalist. Kelly would disagree with La'Porsha beating her here :kissbye:

Crisis

I know this will be tanked, but this was a great vocal showcase for La’Porsha. This is the definitive version of this song on Idol.

Akshar

*standing ovation* OH MY GOD!! This performance lives in my head RENT FREE!! It was a MOMENT for La'Porsha! She completely ATE and put the other girlies to shame!!! She had runssss for dayssss and it was so tasteful!!! Everything about this performance is JUST PERFECTION!!!

Sola

the choices she made, to channel my inner JLO, goosies.

Chris

This one wins the battle of the Diamonds, for me, in particular due to La’Porsha’s vocals on this song which it’s why I am ranking it pretty high on my end.

Gigi

The superior Diamonds performance in this rankdown.

Tom

Second favorite from La'Porsha after No More Drama, very very good.

Diana

she is a great singer

Nico

I knocked it down to here bc of her antics, but the performance is terrific ngl

Richard

I thought her take on this song was really interesting. Perhaps a little overly-peppered with runs, but I feel like most of those runs landed in a really satisfying way. This was just a very solid performance.

Wally

“Diamonds” is a really gorgeous, amazing and memorable performance from La'Porsha. I was kind of a ~weird fan at first. I think I didn't really get the buzz or hoopla over this performance when I first saw it? I really liked it but something didn't connect with me. Thankfully that's not the case now, as I have grown to really love this over the years. I do love how she showed a modern side of herself with singing some Rihanna. I do love how she did jazz it up to make it her own.

I really love the part where she sings and belts out: I knew that we'd become one right away. Oh, right away. :omg:

I love all of the vocal range and colors she shows in her voice.  I also love some of her vocal ad-libs and the way she sang the latter part of the song, specifically where she sings: 

Eye to eye, so alive
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond

This was really a really outstanding and brilliant performance from La'Porsha. Although I do still prefer like 4 other performances from her, but she is just that brilliant. LMAO I was loving Kelly's comments and her dancing after this performance. :dead:

Reason for this #13 ranking: This was kind of a default and easy performance to figure out its ranking - as I love it more than my Bottom 7 but not as much as my Top 12. I loved this but it's not my ultimate favorite from La'Porsha as I prefer about 3 or 4 other performances more from her, while the other performances above are mostly my 1st or 2nd favorite performances from some people.

Steven

Arguably La'Porsha's signature performance of the season. The arrangement was cool and every nuance was on point. She really showcased how talented she is with this performance.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #6 Posted)
6 hours ago, NGM said:

at this point I'm only rooting for my #20's downfall 

6 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm guessing Kelly is Nico's #20

6 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

It’s probably Jordin.

Yeah my guess is Jordin too. It was originally Jessica as my guess, lol. 

I'm thinking Alex's #20 is probably Kelly though?

5. Jordin Sparks "I (Who Have Nothing)"

f7xDUaO.png

8.2/20

Watch Here

@*Wallace - 1/20

@*Diana - 3/20

@Solaris - 3/20

@~Tom~ - 3/20

@rdhaley96 - 5/20

@Steven_ - 5/20

@jarmon - 9/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@Crisis - 10/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@*Chris - 12/20

@FrogLenzen - 14/20

@NGM - 20/20

Wally

And my favorite performance of Season 6 is….. Jordin Sparks "I (Who Have Nothing).” I feel like it was definitely some kind of strong sign for Randomizer to put Diana & I together, as two of the bigger Jordin fans amonst us rankers.  The good thing was we were able to easily agree and it was a no brainer putting this through. The bad thing is we probably had one less Jordin performance in the finals but at least that was made up on the voting round. :haha:  Ooh and it’s so interesting every time this song is sang on the show, it’s always an amazing moment. We can all pick and choose who sang this son best but never forget that Jordin’s version was the true  "I (Who Have Nothing)" O.G. (!)

But yeah this was a true Idol moment that Jordin achieve here. Not only did she deliver a stunning gorgeous vocal but THE DRAMA and INTENSITY she brought to the song was mind blowing. It was a side of Jordin we never saw. There’s always that problem of younger contestants not connecting well with the songs they sing (and Jordin may have had that problem with some performances too), but this was one of those performances where Jordin really lived and breathed every lyric of this song! :omg:

This is also one of those performances that gives me major chills. RIGHT from the opening lyrics that Jordin sings: 

I, I who have nothing.

I, I who have no one

I already get chills there! :omg: 

I do love how Jordin takes her time with each lyric that she sings - with so much emotion and passion. But the next part is really stunning:

Adore you, and want you so

I'm just a no one 

With nothing to give you but love

I love you.

:wub:

I also love the next part where she sings:

He, he buys you diamonds

Bright, sparkling diamonds

Dear when I say

That she can give you the world

But she'll never love you the way

I love you.

However my VERY favorite part is the climax/bridge of the song where she sings:

She can take you any place she wants

To fancy clubs and restaurants

But I can only watch you with my nose

Pressed up against the window pane.

Danggg….. this was incredible! That passion and those power vocals. SANG IT JORDIN! 

Jordin truly gave me chills throughout this whole performance. I was loving every second of this. I really hope this performance can make the Top 5 and I think it stands a very good chance of doing so. I would love for this to win but I doubt it will win as I feel the Melinda and Blake fans are more powerful in this game. (I do fear there may be some undeserved tanking on this performance. I can make my guesses on people…. but I won’t say). I’d love for this to make the Top 5 and any spot higher than that is a bonus!

Reason for this #1 ranking: Looking back at how I ranked each of these performances from their original seasons, this was the only performance I ranked at #1. So I kind of feel I have to be true to my honor and rank this at #1 amongst these 3rd place performances. But no, even without that, I still thought this was a brilliant and fantastic peformance from Jordin! My favorite from Jordin, my favorite from Season 6 and my favorite performance of these 3rd place ranks. This should easily (and hopefully) make the Top 10 but I'm hoping it can make it to the Top 5! I would love to see this win but I don't think it can pull it off.

Diana

also a favorite of mine

Sola

This performance was her best on the show, and the one that started her down the path to win.  I have a hard time choosing between Haley’s this or both of Candice’s version.  Stunning!

Tom

I'm surprised this wasn't praised more by the judges at the time, because it was the performance that turned her into a frontrunner. 

Richard

At a time where this song had never been performed in competition, this was a really inspired and left-field song choice, and needless to say, Jordin knocked it out of the park. Her forlorn, melancholic delivery was a different sort of take on it from Haley’s psychotic version and Candice’s angry, world-weary version, but all three versions were great approaches to the song. Overall, Jordin truly shined here, from the vocal to her approach to the lyrics.

Steven

Early on in Season 6, it was looking like it was going to be a Melinda vs. LaKisha showdown. However, Jordin proved she was one to watch after "I (Who Have Nothing)." She delivered a very strong performance with this. It's definitely one of her best of the competition

Akshar

Man, there's just something about this song. It's very hard to go wrong singing this song, it's such a fantastic song and Jordin SANGGG!!! Obviously, when compared to Haley's & Candice's covers of this, this ranks 3rd but it was still an emotional and dynamic performance that I loved!

Alex

The "I (Who Have Nothing)" Idol trio is truly one of the most absurd and amazing things to happen on American Idol. Putting all three together elevates them all in my mind. Having said that if I had to choose, Jordin gets third place no question about it 🙈

Crisis

Jordin’s version of IWHN is the weakest Idol rendition. However, it was still great as it established her as a serious contender for the S6 crown, which she went on to win.

Gigi

Good, but I will always prefer Haley's performance of it.

Chris

Absolutely love this performance but I feel that it has been outshone by two superior renditions of the song. 

Derek

lol this song... but she does a decent job. Jordin knows how to end a song but she tends to lose my attention in the middles

Nico

This and my 19 are the only 2 performances I wouldn't like to see winning (that I think have a shot). The emotion of the song rings completely hollow to me, and I think a big issue comes from her being young on top of not having the chops to make the emotion more believable. Candice or Haley did it way, way better.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #5 Posted)

Yeah I knew that Jordin's performance was going to be Nico's #20. :( 

Oh well, I'm just glad this made the Top 5 as this was an amazing performance from Jordin and she did kill it with this song. :wub: I was really wanting this to make the Top 5 so I'm glad it did that. :bobo: 

Wow, slayy it Chris! :omg: 

Lmaooo, looks like my #14 is probably gonna win it here. 🙈 :dead: 

I'm thinking the #20s are looking kinda obvious now though I could be wrong on two of them (thinking Alex's #20 is Kelly, Derek's #20 is Pia and Sola's #20 is Fantasia. The last one is the only one I'm 100% certain on). I'm also wondering if Kelly is Diana's #19 due to some of her past comments on the last round.

• Like 1

4. Pia Toscano "I'll Stand By You"

9YM0foY.png

7.2/20

Watch Here

@*Diana - 1/20

@Solaris - 2/20

@jarmon - 2/20

@*Wallace - 3/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@Steven_ - 4/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@taylorkat - 7/20

@rdhaley96 - 8/20

@NGM - 11/20

@Alex95 - 13/20

@~Tom~ - 13/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Diana

one of my favorites ever. As idf's biggest pia fan this shouldn't shock anyone

Sola

What a way to introduce yourself to America.  Brilliant.

Akshar

*standing ovation* Without a doubt, the BEST cover of this song, EVER!!! And that's on PERIODT!! Pia is an absolute queen and she gave a 10/10 performance here where she connected to the song perfectly and delivered some FLAWLESS vocals!!! She is one of the MOST ROBBED CONTESTANTS EVER!!!

Wally

#bless Richard and Elliott for advancing this performance as the last performance to get through on Season 10's Round 5 part of the game. I was really worried and nervous for this performance for so long....as I felt certain this would have gotten petty cut. So glad that wasn't the case. I do view "I'll Stand By You" as Pia's signature song / best performance of the of her run. This was also my favorite performance of the season for many weeks of the season until a few Haley performances came along towards the end of the season. Pia gave an absolutely beautiful performance here. Her vocals are so pure, clear and stunning! She just makes this all so easy and soothing to listen to. :wub: The opening verse is soft & pretty and really sets the mood of the performance. Then she really builds this up nicely once it got to the chorus. Then the performance got really epic once she sang the bridge where she was belting and singing her heart out. Girl SANG! But then she had that moment where she belted out that long "yyyyooouuuuu" note at the end! :omg:I heard this song done on many singing shows, and heard a lot of really good versions, but Pia really did something special with this song and gave such an incredible performance! Pia showcased all of the different textures and layers of her voice, and this performance was all a thing of beauty. Not to mention, she looked absolutely gorgeous here too! :wub: A winning performance, to be honest!

Reason for this #3 ranking: Wow I really struggled with my Top 3, in particular my #2 and #3 of which to rank where. I do think this is an outstanding performance from Pia and I knew I would rank it really high. This performance is certainly a MOMENT as well. But I feel, it's a little less ~legendary than my #2 so it kinda lost out in the advantage. Still, I am hoping to see this rank well. It should surely make the Top 10..... Top 5 is possible, but it's not a sure thing but I'm hoping it can get there.

Chris

I love a good powerhouse vocalist and it’s no exception when it comes to Pia especially on “I’ll Stand By You”. 

Steven

I loved this performance from Pia. She sang this beautifully with sincere emotion and standout vocals. I liked how she took her time with the song and let it build up to those big notes at the end. It was an overall gorgeous performance and Pia's best moment on the show in my opinion. It's still crazy that she only came in ninth place.

Crisis

There have been other versions of this song done on Idol. However, Pia’s remains the best and is one of the best vocal performances in this set.

Gigi

She was eliminated too soon.

Richard

Pia gave such a gorgeous performance this week. She came out of the live show gate swinging, delivering a beautiful, subdued vocal before blowing it out of the water at the end, especially with that incredible G5. It’s really a shame that her run was cut short on the season, because I think she was absolutely capable of delivering more moments like this one had she gotten the opportunity.

Nico

Just a brilliant vocal. Props to Pia for being able to just stand there and sing like this

Alex

I was very surprised to see this performance this high. It's certainly a great performance and vocal, but I wouldn't put it in the upper tier of Idol performnaces or anything. Above La'Porsha's "Diamonds"???? That's a choice...

Tom

Pia's strongest performance aside from RDMH, despite it being a tad on the boring side.

Derek

I don't think what she did at the end of the song really worked for this song? She's always trying to get to the TIPPY TOP of her range and absolutely FORCES the notes out. It is not very pleasant for me. Also when she's at the top of her range she always stretches out her neck and tilts her head back. Every voice teacher in America dies whenever she does this.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #4 Posted)

I knew that was going to be Derek's #20 too.

Hmm, I really thought and felt sure that Pia's ISBY would make it to the Top 3. :( A bit sad to see it miss out but #4 is still such an incredible and amazing spot for this to come in at. :yes: Very deserving for this performance.

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Kelly won the 2nd placers round and Carly won the last placers round... will one of them repeat???

Yeah, I'm thinking one of these happens. I'm thinking Carly will win again as I feel Kelly got more tanks and just recently won the last round.