Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

Colin Salmon
article-1350559297162-157d6ab5000005dc-5

Well I only have  2 left to pick from so I guess I'll eliminate Colin. Colin was on Season 10 of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Kristina Rihanoff. He lasted 5 weeks dancing a Cha Cha, Viennese Waltz, Argentine Tango, Salsa and Foxtrot. He got a mix of 7,6 and 5s. Mostly 6s and 7s I think. He got a few 4 and 5s too. His best dance was a Foxtrot he danced to Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
And I believe that was the week he was eliminated. Luckily he didn't last too long unlike other untalented people do on these types of shows. He finished in tenth place overall.

Saving: Victoria Pendleton

Not mad at the Colin cut and it's fair.... but I felt he was ~semi-robed on his series. I thought he had some potential and should have outlasted people like Fern Britton and especially Richard Arnold. So at least he got to outlast them in this game. :haha: 

• Like 1

Claire King

21lTwTA.jpg

I am always complaining about the men who lasted far too long so I thought I'd change that up and go for a female dancer and her partner who stayed far too long. Eight miserable weeks actually. I am legit shook that her only 9 came from LEN of all people, Len? The same Len that nitpicks actually talented female dancers. Yeah, I am sure you are surprised too. That was for their highest scoring dance of an American Smooth during week 6. Her highest score to date at 32 out 40. Her lowest score was a rumba or a salsa I think they were both tied. end of my point is that she was terrible and stayed far too long so I will cut her now.

Saving Carol Smillie

Gillian Taylforth

Gillian-Taylforth.jpg

Gillian Taylforth is an English actress from London that is known for her role as Kathy Beale on Eastenders.  She has also appeared on Footballers' Wives, Hollyoaks, Celebrity Big Brother, and The Bill.  She has presented on Loose Women.  Gillian was on the sixth series of Strictly Come Dancing and she was partnered with our favorite pro, Anton du Beke.  She was only on the show long enough to dance one dance, a Foxtrot to Razzle Dazzle that received a total score of 22.  Her highest individual score was from Len (7) and her lowest individual score was given by none other than Craig (4).  Arlene gave it a 5 and Bruno gave it a 6.  She probably made it this far because of the other nominated fodder she was up against.

Save Julian Clary

Naga Munchetty

p04701hz.jpg

Series 14 had a strong cast and it says a lot that one of the people who I probably enjoyed the least, was someone who I still liked. Naga Munchetty is a journalist and newsreader who was paired with Pasha. She never really seemed to be too comfortable I thought and seemed quite out of her comfort zone, with her dances all scoring around the same. I felt that the one week she really showed a bit of promise was her last in the competition, dancing a Charleston. This was a cute, fun number and I felt like it was the best showing of Naga's personality. Despite that, more people were also raising their game in the competition, and clearly Ed was going nowhere at this time :haha: so I think it was a fair place in the competition for Naga to be eliminated.

Saving Kate Garraway

As much as I considered saving Nancy, more than fair for her to go now and loved Wally's writeup of her there! Lmao one of my favorite random moments was how Alesha totally turned into the 'strict' judge for that one week and scored her appropriately in comparison to the other judges. :haha:

Queen of One Dance Gillian making it this far! :wub: Lol I am so shook by that. :haha: But yeah she probably made it that far as there are so much fodder and her one dance was quite decent (especially her being stuck with Anton).

And yeah it says a lot about the strength of Series 14 as we only lost 2 celebs from that season so far, 4 cycles into the game. :haha:

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

As much as I considered saving Nancy, more than fair for her to go now and loved Wally's writeup of her there! Lmao one of my favorite random moments was how Alesha totally turned into the 'strict' judge for that one week and scored her appropriately in comparison to the other judges. :haha:

Ahh thanks, Lily! 😄 Yeah I had a lot of fun with the Nancy write-up and wanted to use that again and make some changes. She was such a fun trainwreck.

LMAO Yesss I remember that with Alesha. She was usually the nice judge/scoring the highest amongst them but she scored Nancy as low as Craig one time. Such a shocking moment. :dead: 

CAROL KIRKWOOD

vWoGXA.gif

A well-known weather presenter from the BBC, Carol Kirkwood decided to change up by replacing the greens screen with the dance floor during the 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing. Luckily for her, she was partnered with So You Think You Can Dance alum, Pasha Kovalev. And unfortunately for Pasha as Carol proved to not be a natural dancer - it often felt that the nerves took the best of her as she often would miss the key elements of her routines.  I will give it to Pasha & Carol as their routines were often fun (e.g.: American Smooth to Man! I feel Like a Woman) but technically speaking, she was unable to deliver - it's truly impressive that she was able to last until Week 7 despite never really topping the scoring board.  And during her time on the show, her best scoring dance was surprisingly the Paso Doble for a 22 which is not a score to brag about when it's out of 40; And her worst dance was her Rumba which scored a 13.  

In general, Carol is a very pleasant performance but her time on the show was not so pleasant as she was unable to compete with the top dancers of the series. 

SAVING: PETER SCHMEICHEL

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oh snap Gigi nominated some heavy hitters there. 😮 :omg: 

Save Alex Scott

Cut Felicity Kendal

Gonna hopefully rely on someone to save Debbie. :haha: 

On second thought..... I'll save Debbie instead. Cut Felicity still.

As much as I don't want Alex S to go yet.... someone better than her could go and I'd feel even worse  about that. :lmao: 

Alex Jones 
5640a838145a31b718f50723c20bb28a.jpg

Welp but I have to take the opportunity to cut Alex as I think she's someone who has the most potential of being a risk to my favorites. She seems like someone who people would keep around so I am going to take my chance here. Alex danced in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing with her pro James Jordan. She lasted the entire season. Her best dance was a Tango to Relax that I have always felt those 9s were not deserved at all lol. It was an okay dance but not as great as the judges hyped it to be.  The only two dances I liked from them was their Waltz and to some extent that Tango and their American Smooth.

Saving: Katie Derham

Edited by *Diana

Felicity Kendal

3d39f05213da1fb2f9ab0d297b004ed7.jpg

Ah this was a tricky set of nominees where I didn’t really know what to  do here. :haha: There were two ~easy cuts for me so I knew where to go with one of those. There were also some very tempting cuts in there… but I won’t go there yet even though I am sure I’ll lose people I like more than those ~big cuts. :haha: Anyway, I have chosen to cut Felicity Kendal. 

Felicity Kendal is an actress, best known for playing Barbara Good in the BBC sitcom, The Good Life and The Camomile Lawn. Felicity competed on the 8th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where she was partnered with Vincent Simone. Felicity & Vincent lasted 8 weeks and made it to 8th place.  She danced the following routines.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Sunny” scoring a 23

Week 2: Foxtrot to “Somethin Stupid” scoring a 25

Week 3: Rumba to “True Colors” scoring a 29

Week 4: Tango to “Gipsy Tango” scoring a 29

Week 5: Viennese Waltz to “Second Waltz” scoring a 26

Week 6: Paso Doble to “Habanera” scoring a 29

Week 7: Salsa to “All Night Long” scoring a 26

Week 8: American Smooth to “Me and My Shadow” scoring a 30.

Overall, Felicity was a fine dancer but not someone I was really invested in during her season. I had a number of bigger and minor faves over her. I was fine with her making it as far as she did even though I would have rather ha all of Tina O’Brien, Jimi Mistry and Michelle Williams all outlast her. :haha: And a fun fact I learned, Felicity was the oldest woman of her series at 64. She just edge out 63-year old Ann Widdecombe and 61-year old Pamela Stephenson. Having three 60+ women on the same series is pretty rare but also cool as they were all very different type of dancers. 😮 I can’t remember what was my favorite dance of Felicity’s was but oooo…. I see that her Tango was uploaded so i’ll link that.

Saving: Debbie McGee

aadeb121.gif

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

And a fun fact I learned, Felicity was the oldest 

Speaking of that, I found an article that was talking about axing the age ban this season.

"Strictly Come Dancing is set to welcome back celebrities over the age of 60 when the show returns to BBC One later this year. After it was reported the upcoming series will be coming back for a full run, it's been claimed that older hopefuls will be welcomed with open arms as coronavirus restrictions loosen." (excerpt) 

article: https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/11/strictly-come-dancing-to-welcome-over-60s-for-2021-series-14391429/

Ooh thanks for posting that Gigi. 😮 That's so interesting. Caroline was 60 and able to participate but I guess those older than her weren't for last year. But that's good they will allow some older celebs to participate in the upcoming season(s). :yes: 

And also heard we are getting the full 13 week series later this year which I am very happy about! ❤️