Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown

MdLKldF.png?1

Since some of the other full-length rankdowns are winding down and the DWTS International rankdown has sadly died, I decided to do a Strictly Come Dancing rankdown. I know one was attempted before, but it never really got off the ground and then it died for good with Old IDF, I wanted to run a SCD rankdown since I know the show has numerous viewers/fans. This will not begin until the final rankings for the Challenge and DWTS rankdowns have started because I know people have a lot of write-ups to do, but I wanted to get the thread up now.

The Rules:

-We will have a predetermined amount of rankers that will embark on a mission to collectively rank every reality star.

-At the beginning of the round random.org will determine the order the rankers will nominate.

-Whoever is chosen to nominate first will nominate a predetermined amount contestants and the other rankers will have 24 hours to save one contestant and eliminate one. To eliminate and save once the nominations have been revealed, it's first come first serve so get to it fast!

-Since this is a ranking you should have a writeup prepared for whoever you're cutting to explain your reasoning (they don't have to be too long, I expect just a minimum of 100 words).

-After decisions have been made on those contestants, the next ranker on random.org will do the same thing, nominate a predetermined number of contestants (you can not nominate anyone who was just saved in the last set of cuts though) and the other rankers will save one and eliminate one.

-We will cycle through all the rankers until they have nominated and then the round will end.

-At the beginning of each new round I will reveal a pre-planned twist to the round, and we will also create a new nominating order from random.org

-Once the nominations are posted you will have 24 hours to make your cut and save. If you do not make your cut in time (unless you tell me you're going to be away) you will get a strike and whoever made the nominations can make the cut and save. Three strikes and you're out and I get to name a new ranker in your place.  These rules will be strictly followed.

-If you wanto to get your cut in right when you see the nominations and wanna take time for your write-up, you can post who you're cutting and saving and then you'll have half an hour to make a new post with your write-up. However, the contestants is back up for grabs if you take too long to edit. When I say half an hour, I mean 30 minutes. If you make your cut and save at 12:15, you have until 12:45 to post your write up. Another ranker cannot swoop in and take your cut and save until 12:46! AS HOST I WILL ONLY ACCEPT 2 REFRESHES.

-Make sure all your nominees are within the confines of the twists and the rules of the game (i.e. no one who has already been eliminated or was saved last round are among your nominees). If this rule is broken, I'm afraid the round resets and you will have to completely renominate.

-THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING ALLOWED ON YOUR POST WHEN YOU ARE CUTTING AND SAVING! IF YOU EDIT THAT POST FOR ANY REASON AT ALL, YOUR CUT AND SAVE IS NULL AND VOID!

- In this addition of the Survivor Rankdown there will be challenges in between each cycle that could influence the game.  Rankers are encouraged to take part in these side games!

- If you agree to the the rules, when applying put a thumbs up emoji as your answer to the last question.

To Play:

-You don't have to have seen every season of the show, but I am expecting a broad knowledge of the show to participate. 

-Every time I have seen this game get played people will inevitably go for the big dogs and it WILL get cutthroat. If this does not sound like your kind of game don't sign up. DEALS ARE ENCOURAGED.

-I expect you to be active enough that you can write about 100 words about 1 contestant every 24 hours. If you don't think you can log on once a day to do at least that, don't sign up. If you plan on going on vacation or being away for a while, just let me know and I can get a substitution for you while you're away.

-There will be an application you have to fill out so I can make sure every ranker doesn't have the same preference. However, I do plan on choosing rankers who have seen the most seasons to participate.

-You don't have to even be super active on the boards to play! If you're a more mysterious poster, that might make it easier for you to hide your faves and help them sneak through the cracks.

Application Form:

Name - 

Favorite Winner - 

Least Favorite Winner - 

Top 5 Celebrities - 

5 Celebrities Overrated By IDF - 

Seasons Watched - 

Will you be active at least once every 24 hours in order to keep the game moving along? - 

Do you promise not to engage in personal attacks and understand I will kick you out of the game if I find out you are? - 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh and today marks it a year since Caroline Flack's passing. 😢  

Ironically stanning racists really isn’t as funny as you think it is.

If Nico and I can get to 100 words, anybody can. 🤣

Season 1

Natasha Kaplinsky

Christopher Parker

Lesley Garrett

Martin Offiah

Claire Sweeney

Verona Joseph

David Dickinson

Jason Wood

Season 2

Jill Halfpenny
Denise Lewis

Julian Clary

Aled Jones

Roger Black

Sarah Manners

Diarmuid Gavin

Esther Rantzen

Carol Vorderman

Quentin Wilson

Season 3

Darren Gough

Colin Jackson

Zoe Ball

James Martin

Patsy Palmer

Bill Turnbull
Will Thorp

Dennis Taylor

Fiona Phillips
Gloria Hunniford

Jaye Jacobs
Siobhan Hayes

Season 4

Mark Ramprakash

Matt Dawson

Emma Bunton

Louisa Lytton

Carol Smillie

Claire King

Peter Schmeichel

Ray Fearen

Jan Ravens

Georgina Bouzova

DJ Spoony
Jimmy Tarbuck

Mica Paris

Nicholas Owen

Season 5

Alesha Dixon

Matt Di Angelo

Gethin Jones

Letitia Dean

Kenny Logan

Kelly Brook

John Barnes

Kate Garraway

Penny Lancaster-Stewart

Dominic Littlewood

Gabby Logan

Willie Thorne

Stephanie Beacham

Brian Capron

Season 6

Tom  Chambers

Rachel Stevens

Lisa Snowdon

Austin Healey

Christine Bleakley

Jodie Kidd

John Sergeant

Cherie Lunghi

Heather Small

Andrew Castle

Mark Foster

Don Warrington

Jessie Wallace

Gary Rhodes

Gillian Taylforth

Phil Daniels

Season 7

Chris Hollins

Ricky Whittle

Ali Bastian

Laila Rouass

Natalie Cassidy

Ricky Groves

Jade Johnson

Phil Tufnell

Craig Kelly

Zöe Lucker

Jo Wood

Joe Calzaghe

Lynda Bellingham

Rav Wilding

Richard Dunwoody

Martina Hingis

Season 8

Kara Tointon

Matt Baker

Pamela Stephenson

Scott Maslen

Gavin Hensen

Ann Widdecombe

Patsy Kensit

Felicity Kendal

Michelle Williams

Jimi Mistry

Tina O'Brien

Peter Shilton

Paul Daniels

Goldie

Season 9

Harry Judd

Chelsee Healey

Jason Donovan

Holly Valance

Alex Jones

Robbie Savage

Anita Dobson

Russell Grant

Audley Harrison

Lulu

Nancy Dell'Olio

Rory Bremner

Dan Lobb

Edwina Currie

Season 10

Louis Smith

Denise Van Outen

Kimberley Walsh

Dani Harmer

Lisa Riley

Nicky Byrne

Michael Vaughan

Victoria Pendleton

Richard Arnold

Fern Britton

Colin Salmon

Sid Owen

Jerry Hall

Johnny Ball

Season 11

Abbey Clancy

Natalie Gumede

Susanna Reid

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Patrick Robinson

Ashley Taylor Dawson

Mark Benton

Ben Cohen

Fiona Fullerton

Dave Myers

Rachel Riley
Deborah Meaden

Julien MacDonald

Vanessa Feltz

Tony Jacklin

Season 12

Caroline Flack

Frankie Bridge

Simon Webbe

Mark Wright

Jake Wood

Pixie Lott

Sunetra Sarker
Steve Backshall

Judy Murray

Allison Hammond

Scott Mills

Thom Evans

Tim Wonnacott

Jennifer Gibney

Gregg Wallace

Season 13

Jay McGuinness

Georgia May Foote

Kellie Bright

Katie Derham

Anita Rani

Helen George

Peter Andre

Jamelia

Jeremy Vine

Carol Kirkwood

Kirsty Gallacher

Ainsley Harriott

Daniel O'Donnell

Anthony Ogogo

Iwan Thomas

Season 14

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Louise Redknapp

Claudia Fragapane

Judge Rinder

Ed Balls

Greg Rutherford

Daisy Lowe

Laura Whitmore

Anastacia

Lesley Joseph

Naga Munchetty

Will Young

Tameka Emperson

Melvin Odoom

Season 15

Joe McFadden

Alexandra Burke

Debbie McGee

Gemma Atkinson

Mollie King

Davood Ghadami

Susan Calman

Jonnie Peacock

Ruth Langsford

Aston Merrygold

Simon Rimmer

Brian Conley

Charlotte Hawkins

Rev. Richard Coles

Chizzy Akudolu

Season 16

Stacey Dooley

Ashley Roberts

Faye Tozer

Joe Sugg

Lauren Steadman

Charles Venn

Graeme Swann

Kate Silverton

Danny John Jules

Dr. Ranj Singh

Seann Walsh

Vick Hope

Katie Piper

Lee Ryan

Samantha Constantine

Season 17

Kelvin Fletcher

Emma Barton

Karim Zeroual

Chris Ramsey
Alex Scott

Saffron Barker

Michelle Visage

Mike Bushell
Emma Weymouth

Will Bayley

Catherine Tyldesley

David James

Dev Griffin

Anneke Rice

James Cracknell

Season 18

Bill Bailey

HRVY

Jamie Liang

Maisie Smith
Ranvir Singh

JJ Chalmers

Clara Amfo

Caroline Quentin

Max George

Nicola Adams

Jason Bell

Jacqui Smith

Edited by *Amanda
5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Sad we were unable to finish the international :( 

Same. :( I was unable to find 2 replacement rankers for it, so it was kinda hard to keep alive. :( 

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I will watch, I am not well versed in the full Strictly line up to be an a good ranker.

I hope you will send in a ranking as part of the public at the end!

Name - Elliott

Favorite Winner - The one who danced with Artem

Least Favorite Winner - Did Karen have a partner who won a season?

Top 5 Celebrities - Alexandra Burke, Faye Tozer, Rachel Stevens, Artem’s partner who won, Alesha Dixon (is that her name?), that hot guy from the last DWTS rankdown’s Top 20

5 Celebrities Overrated By IDF - Probably Diana’s top five favourites knowing our opinions re: DWTS

Seasons Watched - Bits and pieces of like three seasons

Will you be active at least once every 24 hours in order to keep the game moving along? - Sure

Do you promise not to engage in personal attacks and understand I will kick you out of the game if I find out you are? - Define personal and attacks

Best application ever :wub:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Same. :( I was unable to find 2 replacement rankers for it, so it was kinda hard to keep alive. :( 

I hope you will send in a ranking as part of the public at the end!

of course!

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Sad we were unable to finish the international :( 

Ditto, as  I was loving that game. :( But I understand it was a hard task for Amanda finding replacements. :( 

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

@Ariel1989 is a Strictly watcher but not sure if she's into rankdowns.

• Like 1
Just now, *Wallace said:

Ditto, as  I was loving that game. :( But I understand it was a hard task for Amanda finding replacements. :( 

It was. :dead: I was managing fine with just 4 rankers because I found an easy enough fix but I knew the Rankdown was doomed once Stephy disappeared. 😢

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Name - Elliott

Favorite Winner - The one who danced with Artem

Least Favorite Winner - Did Karen have a partner who won a season?

Top 5 Celebrities - Alexandra Burke, Faye Tozer, Rachel Stevens, Artem’s partner who won, Alesha Dixon (is that her name?), that hot guy from the last DWTS rankdown’s Top 20

5 Celebrities Overrated By IDF - Probably Diana’s top five favourites knowing our opinions re: DWTS

Seasons Watched - Bits and pieces of like three seasons

Will you be active at least once every 24 hours in order to keep the game moving along? - Sure

Do you promise not to engage in personal attacks and understand I will kick you out of the game if I find out you are? - Define personal and attacks

Best application ever :wub:

There's also Emma Bunton & Caroline Flack. And I remember you liking/finding Joe Sugg cute (who was on Faye's season). :haha: So a few more names. 😛 

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

It was. :dead: I was managing fine with just 4 rankers because I found an easy enough fix but I knew the Rankdown was doomed once Stephy disappeared. 😢

Ughh yeah I was soo sad about that. 😢 Hoping she's okay though.

I'll join here but I still need to work on final write-ups for The Challenge and DWTS rankdowns soo hoping this won't start until another week or so. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

I'll join here but I still need to work on final write-ups for The Challenge and DWTS rankdowns soo hoping this won't start until another week or so. :haha: 

So, you didn't read the first post. :dead:  Because I made sure to mention this won't start until after both those rankdowns start their final rankings. :haha: 

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

There's also Emma Bunton & Caroline Flack. And I remember you liking/finding Joe Sugg cute (who was on Faye's season). :haha: So a few more names. 😛 

I apparently still follow Joe on Instagram* :dead:

*(It’s like Twitter** but with photos.)

**(Twitter is an app for people to express their thoughts and argue.)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

So, you didn't read the first post. :dead:  Because I made sure to mention this won't start until after both those rankdowns start their final rankings. :haha: 

I read a little of it but not all of it. :lmao: But yayy #bless. ❤️ 

49 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I apparently still follow Joe on Instagram* :dead:

*(It’s like Twitter** but with photos.)

**(Twitter is an app for people to express their thoughts and argue.)

:dead: 

But I know what Instagram is..... thanks. 🙂 

Just now, taylorkat said:

The thing that keeps me from joining a full rankdown are the write-ups because I don't think I can write 100 words about anyone, including myself. :lmao:

:dead:  the myself part. But DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!

1 minute ago, taylorkat said:

The thing that keeps me from joining a full rankdown are the write-ups because I don't think I can write 100 words about anyone, including myself. :lmao:

I believe in you! Just think of some of the write-ups you've probably read over the years from these rankers... Diana when she's mad, Alex when he's drunk, Megan when she doesn't know who it is (or they can't do a certain figure skating skill), Dee when the person is racist but he's too tired to go into detail... The standard is anything you want it to be!