Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

14. Chelsee Healey

Season 9, Runner Up

vrhhzDN.jpg

Lily: 7/20

Wally: 8/20

Diana: 12/20

IDF: 13/20

Gigi: 15/20

Chris: 16/20

LILY

7. Chelsee Healey - Season 9, 2nd Place
Chelsee's growth is what makes her a real favorite to me. I honestly had no expectations for her at the start of the season - I thought she was going to have a journey similar to Tina's the season before where she danced ok but just didn't really wow the audience. However what was so exciting to see over the season was how much Chelsee just seemed to realise that she had a love for dance. Her confidence grew so much over time as did her relationship with Pasha, and the audience really got behind her. Chelsee, a relative unknown, beating Jason, a national treasure, in the audience vote at the top three says it all. Her breakthrough Quickstep was just so much fun to watch, but I also loved her Shrek Jive and Paso Doble so much. I honestly think Chelsee could have taken the title in another season but Harry's fanbase was rapid. But second place was still such an amazing placement for her and all she had achieved.

WALLY

8. Chelsee Healey - Season 9, 2nd Place

tumblr_lv86jzilU61qdbb5jo1_250.gifv

tumblr_lvy8jjnqY81qdbb5jo3_250.gifv

tumblr_lvzqapYlJq1qdbb5jo4_250.gifv

Chelsee Healey is an actress, best known for playing Janeece Bryant in Waterloo Road, competed on the 9th series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Pasha Kovalev. Chelsee & Pasha had a really great run and came in 2nd place.

I love Chelsee and am really glad she made it through to the Final 20. Chelsee had a pretty easy road getting here, as she was never nominated amongst us rankers, so I have high hopes she is well liked or loved amongst us rankers, as she deserves. I was really invested in Chelsee's journey on the show. This was also a really special partnership to me, as it was Pasha's first partnership on Strictly, and while I wasn't ~huge on him on SYTYCD, I still really liked him but I grew to love him on Strictly. This partnership was the start of that! I did find Chelsee to be one of the most fun contestants ever to be on the show. I loved how she started off as a wild child and transformed into a beautiful dancer.

As I mentioned, Chelsee came into the series as the young, fun, wild child so her taking on a Waltz to "See the Day," was quite the shock of a first dance. But Chelsee danced it well and beautifully, and scored a 27. Chelsee's next two dances were much more up her alley and personality, as she danced a Salsa to "Higher" scoring a 29 and a Cha-Cha to "Beggin'" scoring a 30. Both of these dances were really fun, and high in energy from Chelsee. She really performed and gave it her all here, which was great. But she did lack control and finesse in these dances. There was just a wildness she had in her dances here. I still enjoyed these dances especially her Salsa.

Chelsee did manage to have a breakthrough moment on Week 4 with her Quickstep to "Sing, Sing, Sing," which scored a 36. This was a really fun, cute and entertaining airplane themed dance. Chelsee was refined in her frame and footwork, but also delivered a great fast paced Quickstep. Simply a fantastic dance! Sadly, Chelsee suffered a dip on Halloween night with her "Love Potion No. 9" Tango. She danced this well, but suffered an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction as one of her straps came off. She was worried she was exposed, so that took her focus off and her out of character, which was such a sad moment for her. Not one of her very best dances but scored. 32. Chelsee did come back in top form with her Charleston to "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue," which scored a 36. This was a really great, fun, cute and entertaining dance from Chelsee! She nailed the technique and performance aspect of this.

Chelsee continued to deliver a string of strong great dances in these upcoming weeks. On Week 7, Chelsee danced a gorgeous and beautiful Foxtrot to "Doesn't Mean Anything," which earned her another 36 and her first 10. This was so emotional and beautifully danced. On Week 8's Best of Britian Wembly night, Chelsee dedicated her dance to the Spice Girls with a Samba to "Spice Up Your Life," which scored a 35. This was another strong dance from her. She danced with a lot of vibrant personality and greet partnering & technique. This dance suited her like a glove. Her Week 9 Argentine Tango to "Una Musica Brutal," earned her another consistent 35. This was such a stunning and passionate dance. I'm glad she got to redeem her other Tango, and she proved that here!

After many 35's and 36's in scores, Chelsee continued to step it up even more on Week 10's Movie Night. Chelsee danced a Sheek theme Jive to "I'm a Believer," which scored a 39! Omg I love and Stan this dance SO much! Chelsee played such an adorable Princess Fiona and Pasha was hilarious perfection as Shrek! :dead: This dance was beyond entertaining and fun! Chelsee brought fantastic dancing, technique and was just having the time of her life. And it showed! This is one of my top favorite dances of Series 9! :wub: Chelsee delivered two more great dances on Week 11's Semi final, with an American Smooth to "Time After Time" and a Paso Doble to "Malague√Īa." These dances scored a 36 and 40 respectively. Her AS was really beautiful and stunning. Her Paso was powerful and intense. I loved the characterization she performed here, and her dancing was wonderful.

On the finale night, Chelsee danced a whooping 4 dances! Chelsee danced her reprise of her Jive, which was just as amazing the second time around as it was the first time. It scored a 39 once again - even though it deserved a 40 both times. :broken: Her Showdance to "One Night Only," was such a cute and fun dance. But it was also kinda underwhelming to me, as it was just an ordinary Disco routine. I wish they had done more with it. While it was my least favorite of the Showdances that series, it was still an enjoyable dance that got a 36. Her next dance was a Rumba to "Because of You," which was really beautiful and another great emotional dance from her. This dance scored a 39. Chelsee got to reprise her Quickstep, which was fantastic once again. She got another 39. It was a shame she didn't get a 40 on that finale night. Ugh, thanks Craig. :/

Chelsee came in 2nd, which I believe I was expecting to happen. Chelsee is my Series 9 favorite, so I was a bit bummed she didn't win. But Chelsee and Harry were my Top 2 of this series and also my favorite (properly announced) Top 2 ever on Strictly- so I was gonna be fine no matter how the result went. But regardless, Chelsee danced so many fantastic and entertaining dances with a great variety to them! I'm curios to see where she ranks but I'm sure she will rank well.

DIANA

12. Chelsee Healey

Chelsee danced during the ninth season of Strictly Come Dancing and is partnered Pasha Kovalev. She was actually Pasha’s first partner. He started off strongly with Chelsee. She was a awesome dancer. She just won the best routine game in the game section for her iconic Samba. Good job Gigi for that. I would of helped but I forgot about that game LOL. Anyway, I am super happy Chelsee and that she got this fair. She was the runner up her season and did deserve the win over Harry & Aliona but here we are again with the best dancer not winning.

AMANDA

Ah yes, King Pasha's first-ever Strictly partner and what a great first partner Chelsee was for him, setting him up for success as a Strictly pro from his first season. I don't think it's surprising to anyone that Chelsee was my favorite this season. I like Harry well enough and he's definitely one of my top male celebs on Strictly, but Chelsee was who I connected with more that season. She and Pasha had such a nice and fun partnership. Of course her highlight dance is her Shrek-themed Jive, but she had so many other wonderful routines. Pretty sure that Chris & Wally have her journey covered in detail so just read their write-ups. Chelsee was just edged out in the tie by #13, but I think 14th is a fantastic placement for her with how stacked this Top 20 is.

GIGI

15. Chelsee Healey - Chelsee Healey is an actress that was born in Manchester. Her television debut was in the series Burn It. She was also on the drama series Waterloo Road.  Chelsee danced in the ninth series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Pasha Kovalev.  My favorite dance of hers is her Samba to Spice Up Your Life by the Spice Girls. 

CHRIS

C_71_article_1468356_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Known for her work on ‚ÄúWaterloo Road‚ÄĚ, Chelsee Healey joined the 9th series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2011 where she was partnered with Pasha Kovalev, in his SCD debut - I really feel that they were perfect for each other, especially for Pasha in his debut season.¬†

While looking at her journey on Strictly Come Dancing, she really peaked at the perfect time to position herself as a contender - she didn’t start too strong and it gave her the opportunity to really improve, week after week.  After delivering middle of the road routines for the first few week, Chelsee impressed with her Quicksteep - I feel this was certainly a routine that proved that she could be a contender as everything was pretty much on point during this routine. 

Always near the top of the leaderboard, she was able to earn the top position with the Samba - this one was super fun to watch, and her Jive which was everything I love about a jive - side note : I always love how super committed they are to the themes on SCD, DWTS could never!  While she had many great routines throughout the series, the highlight of Chelsee’s journey  was certainly her Paso Doble which was the first perfect score of the series - it was FLAWLESS!

Through her consistency and improving throughout the competition, she found herself in the finale where she was the runner-up to Harry & Aliona.  I always thought her & Harry were neck and neck throughout the series, and I still believe that’s the case but in this ranking, I personally gave the slight edge to Harry (by one spot).

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (#14 Posted)
12 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Plz tell me that's some sort of Shrek themed dance in the picture :dead: 

Yes. :dead: That was one of their reprises in the finale but the original went even further with the Shrek theme.

Strictly really goes all out with the makeup for themes like Movie Night and Halloween Night. :dead: 

• Like 1

Chelsee!! :wub: 

Very pleased for her making it up here to #14! ‚̧ԳŹ¬†Of course would have loved seeing her rank higher but still a great spot for her!

Also funny how Chris and I both had Chelsee and Harry a spot apart in our rankings too. They're quite neck and neck for me, so nice to see that apply with someone else. :haha: 

CHRIS

9. Jay McGuiness

11. Emma Bunton

13. Karim Zeroual

15. Harry Judd

16. Chelsee Healey

19. Denise Lewis

20. Maisie Smith

DIANA

2. Maisie Smith

12. Chelsee Healey

15. Emma Bunton

16. Harry Judd

17. Jay McGuiness

19. Denise Lewis

20. Karim Zeroual

GIGI

3. Maisie Smith

10. Emma Bunton

15. Chelsee Healey

17. Harry Judd

18. Denise Lewis

19. Jay McGuiness

20. Karim Zeroual

LILY

7. Chelsee Healey

9. Denise Lewis

14. Karim Zeroual

15. Jay McGuiness

16. Harry Judd

19. Emma Bunton

20. Maisie Smith

WALLY

8. Chelsee Healey

9. Harry Judd

11. Maisie Smith

16. Karim Zeroual

18. Jay McGuiness

19. Emma Bunton

20. Denise Lewis

IDF

13. Chelsee Healey

14. Jay McGuiness

15. Karim Zeroual

16. Maisie Smith

18. Harry Judd

19. Denise Lewis

20. Emma Bunton

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)