Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

Simon Webbe
JS49864302.jpg

Oh man finally! He is always being saved every time he is nominated so I haven't had the chance to cut him before this. Simon Webbe is an English singer songwriter, who started his career as a member of the successful British boy band, Blue. He danced on season 12 and one Christmas special. He was paired with KRISTINA. idk why I said Katya lol who honestly is my least favorite female pro and they were over scored all season long which wasn't fun for me to watch. I am aware he has a lot of fans on this site and this is probably an unpopular cut but randomizer gave me the chance and it's not surprising I'd go after the two I think have lasted long and don't warrent it and have potential to be saved over and over.

Saving: Michelle Visage

Edited by *Diana
  • Sad 1

Vick Hope
vick-hope-strictly.jpg

She has been saved so many times and I don't really understand why. Vick was on season 16 and was partnered with Graziano Di Prima. I guess she must be peoples I can't dance but I like you save because we all have them lol. Look she is someone who before her season had all the hype in the world and it just fell flat completely flat.  She didn't meet her said potential at all. Her highest scoring dance was a Quickstep which earned her a 29. Her lowest dancing score was a horrific Jive week one which scored a measly 18 out of 40. I feel like with a better pro maybe it's a different story but she was just a flop.

Saving: Stacey Dooley (didn't see her name at first)

Mollie King

EMB-Strictly-Come-Dancing-2017.jpg

Hmm I feel a little bad that my first instinct was to cut Mollie here, however looking at the nominations she was someone I feared would maybe have a chance at being saved over someone stronger. Mollie is best known for being a member of The Saturdays, the second member of the group to take part after Frankie Bridge in 2014. She was partnered up with AJ Pritchard for his second year on the show.

I really thought Mollie had a great personality and attitude on the show and I enjoyed watching her get to learn the dances and improve. That being said I don’t feel like she was much of a natural or a strong dancer over her time. I think the more elegant and slower routines were definitely her stronger points, and I do think she sometimes got too harshly critiqued on her weaker performances, but overall she just never quite clicked to me over her time on the show. Like I say though, I admired how much she put into the experience. She’s since carved out a career in radio presenting which I think she is a natural fit for her. I just felt like she was a justifiable cut at this point.

Edit: I didn't really talk about any of her dances when I wrote this up but I did think her American Smooth was a nice performance, so I'll link it here.

Saving Alexandra Burke

Edited by *Lily
  • Sad 1

Rachel Riley

rachel-riley-and-pasha-kovalev-on-strict

Rachel Riley I feel is a justified cut at this stage. She’s best known for being the co-host on Countdown, the second from the show to participate since Carol Voderman from Series 2. And she did a better job overall, but her journey was just kinda hit and miss.

I didn’t expect a lot from Rachel and was pleasantly surprised with her Waltz in the first week. However, this and her last dance the American Smooth weee the only dances of hers which I really enjoyed. 🙈 Her Latin routines on particular were pretty messy and she clearly seemed more comfortable and suited in the ballroom and in hold. So much so that she went on to marry her partner Pasha, and the pair are now expecting their second child! It’s lovely to see these Strictly love stories and congrats to the two of them. But overall her journey was pretty mediocre and she’s a fair cut now.

Saving Clara Amfo

Alison Hammond

o-ALISON-570.jpg?1

MetallicParallelDobermanpinscher-max-1mb

Alison Hammond is a TV Presenter known for currently hosting on ITV’s This Morning. But before that, Alison gained fame on Big Brother UK. I didn’t watch her series but i am sure she was on Series 3? She was an early boot on there. But I applaud her big time for using her fame and to become a national known TV presenter.  Anyway, Alison competed on the 12th series of Strictly Come Dancing  and was partnered with Aljaz Skorjanec. She lasted 7 weeks and made it to 10th place.  Here are her dances:

Here are her dances:

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “I’m Every Woman” scoring a 26

Week 2: Foxtrot to “I Just Wanna Make Love to You” scoring a 22 

Week 3: Jive to “Footloose” scoring a 28 (would be a 21 with the regular 4 judges)

Week 4: Samba to “Bootylicious” scoring a 27

Week 5: Tango to “Addicted to You” scoring a 23

Week 6: American Smooth to “Wuthering Heights” scoring a 26 

Week 7: Charleston to “Friend Like Me” scoring a 27 

Overall, Alison was such a fun, bubbly, lively person and those words all describe her personality. She had me cracking up SOO much on the main show and It Takes Two.  I would say she’s def one of my favorite personalities to come out of the show.  Sadly her technique and footwork never matched up to par with her personality and performance skills. But she was still so much fun to watch - and ugh def should have outlasted Judy Murray. Being a Destiny’s Child stan of course, my favorite dance from Alison would definitely be her Samba. I also liked her Cha-Cha and Charleston - aka the dances where she got to showcase her fun personality. I do really like Alison but i also think she's one of the weaker dancers remaining of this Top 100 so I think its a fair spot for her to go out on. 

Here are some of my fave dances of hers:

Saving: Ore Oduba

h4j4ZE.gif

Penny Lancaster-Stewart

29268780-8392555-image-m-107_15913725568

Penny Lancaster-Stewart is a model, photographer, TV presenter, TV personality and the wife of Rod Stewart, who competed on the 5th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Ian Waite. Penny was one of the female contestants robbed coming in at 9th place lasting 6 weeks in the competition. Although in the battle of the robbed ladies between Gabby Logan and Penny, I always preferred Gabby.  Here is a breakdown of her run:

Week 2: Quickstep to “I’m Sitting On Top of the World” scoring a 33

Week 3: Jive to “Don’t Stop Me Now” scoring a 25

Week 4: Samba to “These Boots Are Made for Walking” scoring a 32

Week 5: Foxtrot to “This Can’t Be Love” scoring a 35

Week 6: Salsa to “Higher” scoring a 25

I did like Penny and felt she should have lasted a little longer but then again Series 5 was such a strong and competitive year (and probably my favorite series before i watched regularly) that I can’t say she should have lasted too much longer. But she should have outlasted Kate Garraway, Kenny Logan and maybe John Barnes. But at least she does so in this game so yay. Here is her Samba:

Saving: Matt Baker

ImpassionedClassicAtlanticblackgoby-size

Letitia Dean

0_Strictly-Come-Dancing-Handout-Images.j

Letitia Dean is an actress that is known for her role as Sharon Watts on the soap opera EastEnders.  She started the role from the very first episode in 1985 and stayed until 1995.  She has also been in the set drama The Hello Girls, the comedy Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married, and Loot and Rattle Of A Simple Man on stage.  She danced in the fifth series of Strictly Come Dancing and her partner was Darren Bennett.  She danced a Rumba (23), Tango (27), American Smooth (31), Paso Doble (31), Salsa (25), Foxtrot (34), Viennese Waltz (32), Quickstep (30), Cha-Cha (26), Waltz (35), and a Jive (30). She received several individual scores of 9, but never any 10s.  She finished in fourth place.

Save Claudia Fragapane

Will Young

Will-Young-and-Karen-Clifton-689279.jpg&

Will Young is a singer and actor that appeared on the 2002 series of Pop Idol and the film Mrs. Henderson Presents.  He won Pop Idol, which helped him launch a successful music career.  He was on the fourteenth series of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Karen Clifton.  After showing promise and dancing only three dances, Will withdrew from the competition for personal reasons.  He danced a Tango (30), Jive (27), and a Salsa (31).  His lowest individual score was a five and his highest individual score was an 8.  He was the third celebrity to leave that season.

Save Kellie Bright

6 hours ago, *Chris said:

Will 💔 - would love for him to come back. 

Oooh for a special or something? Yeah I'd like to see him on a Christmas special or something.

6 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

They had the original Idol on the show paired with Karen and he had to WITHDRAW??? Wow that sucks. So much potential there.

Yeah it was a really sad situation. There were lots of stories at the time on why he withdraw (and of course with it being British tabloids some bad stories were out there). But i think years later it was revealed it was mental health related and a lot of prefssue he was facing? I'm not 100% sure but it was sad. :( 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Also, I agree with Wally that Simon was the best guy of his season. :yes: I particularly love his “Roxanne” Argentine Tango. ❤️ 

Yesss... this was such an amazing and epic dance! :omg: 

5 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Oh, I know. I predicted you would cut him when I saw that the randomizer nominated him.

Ugh I would have saved him but missed it by a few minutes. :broken:   Wished I was faster.

Ugh disappointed that Thom/Alison/Sunetra (though i like them) all rank higher for S12 over Simon now. :closedeyes: