• Cody Wickline (S8)
    • Barrett Baber (S9)
    • Keisha Renee (S13)
    • Justin Kilgore (S14)
    • Kirk Jay (S15)
    • Dexter Roberts (S16)
    • Brennan Lassiter (S17)
    • Marybeth Byrd (S17)

Out of these 15 country 4 chair turn blind auditions (Which I think are all unless I missed someone), which performance do you think was the most worthy of those 4 chairs?.

NOTE: I´m including country auditions especifically. There have been artists like Mary Sarah, Pryor Baird, and Shelby Brown that got a 4 chair turn and were mostly country on the show later, but their blind audition wasn´t. Mary Sarah auditioned with a traditional pop song, Pryor with a blues one, and Shelby with a pop rock one. On the other hand, artists like Marybeth alterned between pop and country on the show, but her audition was country, so I´m counting her in.

Edited by Misirlou

Kirk Jay - 9.75: oozing with emotion and a great technical display.
Justin Kilgore - 9.5: don't really have an explanation for this one, i just love it a lot.
Keisha Renee - 9.5: a true icon, she just got better and better as the show went on.
Dexter Roberts - 9.5: his tone is really cool and he has a very powerful voice.
Marybeth Byrd - 9.5: i love love love her tone, but i didn't quite feel the emotion in this song.
Brennan Lassiter - 8.75: she's a great singer and vocalist, but it felt a little too static for me.

I relistened to each of the BAs to rank them and procrastinate on work I have to do and they were all very excellent, with Brennan's being a tier below the rest for me. A little surprised to see the goaty-tone guy at the top (though I've always loved his BA), and honestly when relistening I couldn't keep Charlie Mason's comment about his goat-tone out of my mind, and I did notice it. However, he emoted the best and still had great vocals. Also a little surprising to see some of the guys at the top when I usually like ladies in general more in singing, especially country. And, y'all could probably figure this out already, but since I only have really kept up with S13 and forward, I only went with ones from then on.
Edited by QueenCami
Forgot Dexter!

1. James David Carter - One of my top 5 favorite BA ever of any genre. 

2. Barrett Baber - Such a talented singer. It's also one of my fav ever. 

3. Justin Kilgore  - Too bad he didn't deliver later on and nerves got the best of him but man his BA was so Amazing. 

4. Kirk Jay - Such a pure tone. Really emotional  and captivating performance.

5. Dexter Roberts  - One of my fav country tones ever. I also appreciate some of the vocal stunts that he did. All in all an Amazing  performance.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I went with JDC. 

If Mary Sarah was an option, I’d pick her. 

Audra’s is up there too. 

This. Holly’s blind is really good as well.

Edited by Daillon

It's so refreshing to see James David Carter dominating the poll, considering IDF's hate for country males and obsession with country females 🤭

Not gonna lie, i myself also prefer female country singers over male country singers, but JDC's audition is something else. (I admit i didn't appreciate him at the moment, because i was obsessed with not liking country singers on this show, but years after, i can say that i fully appreciate him now)

Here is the link of his audition, if You haven't watched it. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

It's so refreshing to see James David Carter dominating the poll, considering IDF's hate for country males and obsession with country females 🤭

I knew he was liked to an extent, but I didn't expect him to do better than Marybeth or Keisha. 

As for the poll, I have to go with Dexter here, perhaps a polarizing stance, with JDC and Kirk both at a very close second. There' s something about the clarity and precision of Dexter's tone that I love, and it was especially apparent in his blind.

JDC and Kirk are tied for second. Kirk's BA was really special even though he lost me in the lives, and obviously JDC was excellent.

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Btw I think if Mary Sarah was an option then she might've lead the polls.

Mary Sarah's blind audition song being not country was the one thing that prevented me from putting her here, but yeah, she'd probably be winning, even though reception for her got less positive as the show went on.

• Like 1

oh? i was almost certain that i voted for kirk, but it appears he's no longer an option on my screen? am i missing it, was it never there, or did it get removed?

i also don't see keisha renee and justin kilgore. also, fyi, marybeth is season 17 i think.

Edited by QueenCami

57 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

oh? i was almost certain that i voted for kirk, but it appears he's no longer an option on my screen? am i missing it, was it never there, or did it get removed?

i also don't see keisha renee and justin kilgore. also, fyi, marybeth is season 17 i think.

Thanks, I fixed it. I didnt realize that Justin and Keisha were missing, but they are on now. I sacrified some names that IDF probably doesnt remember in their favor due to them being more popular here.

• Thanks 1