Which thing makes a Voice winner "deserving" or not?

On 2/6/2021 at 2:22 AM, Spurrious said:

https://news.onecountry.com/country-music/lauren-duski-blake-shelton/

Click the link Scroll down a bit.....play the video....about 30 seconds in a very well paid employee of the Voice.... you might recognize him....publicly states he thinks the vote was rigged.  

Do you really think he would breach his contract with the Voice?  The only way he could contractually say what he did would be if it was actually true....otherwise he would have publicly defamed his employer.  As they say in the legal business....the truth is an unimpeachable defense.

Also, anyone who thinks the Voice can't change any vote at any time for any reason and not disclose what they did....hasn't read the Voice rules.  They clearly state the producers can do just that.  

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't here for a bit. 

Okay if we suppose that the star of the show was stating facts(Which I don't  think because that was just for Fun). Now didn't the same star said to Gyth that gbtusa is his best vocal performance. He also said that Shane Q is one of the best vocalist ever.  Now would you agree with the star of the show this time too? Also one of the other star of the show aka Adam Levine said to Jordan that he is THE MOST important person that's ever been on this show. Would you agree with this statement too?

• Like 2
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That actually isn’t the craziest theory I have ever heard. I would be more open to support it if I hadn’t read it 50 times over the last 2/3 years tho 

Prepare... to die.

Not gonna lie guys. I was excited to see that this thread got so many replies, just to found out that the replies are there only because this became another Chris vs. Lauren debate 🙃

On 2/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, QueenMae16 said:

Lauren got robbed, public had her back but TPTB says "naw we need a Alicia win with a 1-chair turn"

BS, and that original should have nailed in her win if her Semis didn't already.

didn't Jessica Sanchez also get snubbed with the votes on AI? and also some AGT Runner-Up named Jackie Evancho? Yes, TPTB can do this whenever they want, votes are as strong as TPTB want them to be.

Stay mad for all those who think it wasn't rigged and somehow Chris won fairly.

When did this happen? Lol. Chris was such a star. He had charisma and star quality and not to mention that he was the best contestant and vocalist of the season easily. He was definitely the most likeable contestant of the season. Lauren was good too but c'mon just accept it that Chris was better than her every single week. He was so good that people decided to vote for him over a country female just like S9.

I know it's hard to accept defeat. It's depressing for me that how the hell did Jermaine won over Juliet? Jermaine was expected to get 4th or 3rd but somehow he won. I can do nothing but to accept that the audience preferred Jermaine over Juliet. It's depressing too that How someone like Amanda didn't even make the finale even after slaying both of her performances(A Natural Woman and Here I Go Again) while people like Nicholas and Terry made the finale? Same is the case with many of my other favorites.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

When did this happen? Lol. Chris was such a star. He had charisma and star quality and not to mention that he was the best contestant and vocalist of the season easily. He was definitely the most likeable contestant of the season. Lauren was good too but c'mon just accept it that Chris was better than her every single week. He was so good that people decided to vote for him over a country female just like S9.

Prepare... to die.

• Haha 7
21 minutes ago, David68 said:

Prepare... to die.

I actually don't care what happens next. I have received backlash so many times before. Everyone here is allowed to express what they think. I just said what I felt.

Btw I don't think that 20+ confused reacts record is gonna be overtaken anytime soon. LOL

• Haha 3
23 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I actually don't care what happens next. I have received backlash so many times before. Everyone here is allowed to express what they think. I just said what I felt.

Btw I don't think that 20+ confused reacts record is gonna be overtaken anytime soon. LOL

It’s inconsequential, when it comes down to it. They get their 15 minutes of fame, and are rarely heard from again, other than from a few diehards. All but a few past contestants are currently irrelevant in the industry, and the most successful one just pissed it all away. Why do we do this? :( 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Lol have to give you points for having the GUTS to say that here on IDF.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Lol have to give you points for having the GUTS to say that here on IDF.

I personally don't get when anyone says that YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO SAY THAT or anything like that... Lol isn't everyone here allowed to express their thoughts without having a fear of other people making fun of them or actively discrediting them???

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3
51 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I personally don't get when anyone says that YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO SAY THAT or anything like that... Lol isn't everyone here allowed to express their thoughts without having a fear of other people making fun of them or actively discrediting them???

Lol Sorry. You're probably right. Everyone is allowed to express their opinions without having any fear.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

:rofl:

Not even Maelyn’s fans reach this level of fanatism, lmao.

And btw, I don’t understand why people think being a country female automatically gives you an advantage?

Anyways, my take is that neither Chris or Lauren deserved to win S12, Vanessa did :P

Edited by Daillon
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

:rofl:

Not even Maelyn’s fans reach this level of fanatism, lmao.

And btw, I don’t understand why people think being a country female automatically gives you an advantage?

Anyways, my take is that neither Chris or Lauren deserved to win S12, Vanessa did :P

Lol it's not even close to what Madelyn fans say. 🤭

Edited by Hamza Tufail
16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Definitely NO. She might've been a deserving finalist but no way she's better than Chris.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I disagree, and I’m usually someone that is understanding/supportive of Chris fans. Let’s take a look at our iTunes bonuses... 🤔 

Top 12: Brennley Brown (#7)

Top 11: Lauren Duski (#3) and Hunter Plake (#10) 

Top 10: Hunter Plake (#9) and Lauren Duski (#10)

Semis: Lauren Duski (#1), Chris Blue (#2), Vanessa Ferguson and Chris Blue (#6), Aliyah Moulden (#7), and Hunter Plake (#10)

Finale: Lauren Duski (#1), Lauren Duski (#2), Chris Blue (#3), Jesse Larson (#5), Aliyah Moulden (#7), Chris Blue (#9) 

If we look at iTunes bonuses it is clear that Lauren was superior in popularity. She was in the iTunes Top 10 during Top 11 and Top 10 week where Chris cannot be found. In every round after, she has a song that surpasses Chris’ on the charts. Looking at this data, I’d say the Lauren fans are right to argue that Lauren was more popular.

Edited by Bk1234
6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

All but a few past contestants are currently irrelevant in the industry, and the most successful one just pissed it all away. Why do we do this? :( 

Yeah, that sucks. I'm sure a lot of Voice artists would kill to have the opportunities that Morgan has had. It doesn't guarantee that if they did some of them wouldn't exhibit similar behavior, but I'm sure there are more level headed people in that group.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I disagree, and I’m usually someone that is understanding/supportive of Chris fans. Let’s take a look at our iTunes bonuses... 🤔 

Top 12: Brennley Brown (#7)

Top 11: Lauren Duski (#3) and Hunter Plake (#10) 

Top 10: Hunter Plake (#9) and Lauren Duski (#10)

Semis: Lauren Duski (#1), Chris Blue (#2), Vanessa Ferguson and Chris Blue (#6), Aliyah Moulden (#7), and Hunter Plake (#10)

Finale: Lauren Duski (#1), Lauren Duski (#2), Chris Blue (#3), Jesse Larson (#5), Aliyah Moulden (#7), Chris Blue (#9) 

If we look at iTunes bonuses it is clear that Lauren was superior in popularity. She was in the iTunes Top 10 during Top 11 and Top 10 week where Chris cannot be found. In every round after, she has a song that surpasses Chris’ on the charts. Looking at this data, I’d say the Lauren fans are right to argue that Lauren was more popular.

Lol iTunes doesn't contribute that much in voting(But if your sales are so over the top and almost all of your performances are above 100k solds then it might contribute). Btw Chris also had 4 of his songs under top 10 so he also received bonuses. I'm just gonna say what teraginn said on another thread that Lauren's hypothetical lead of 900K was just a drop in the bucket as compared to the millions of casual votes during the finale night.

Also I'm actually surprised that people here were shocked. If I'm not wrong then there was a great amount of people here who said that Katie would win and 2nd spot is Jake's selling. Jake clearly destroyed Katie in the streams and his numbers were even dangerous than Lauren. Because in s12 others also got the bonus but in s17 only one person could receive bonus and that person was Jake. But the same people who were surprised at Chris' win, were predicting Katie to win.

I think there is no need to continue the discussion because Lauren fans will never believe that Chris won fair and square and Chris' fans will never agree that the voting was rigged.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Lol iTunes doesn't contribute that much in voting

I never said voting, I said popularity. 😉 

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Lauren fans will never believe that Chris won fair and square and Chris' fans will never agree that the voting was rigged.

As a Lauren fan, I don’t believe the voting was rigged. 🤣

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I never said voting, I said popularity. 😉 

As a Lauren fan, I don’t believe the voting was rigged. 🤣

I know there are people who accepted that there was no rigging. I just meant to say that those Lauren's fans who are complaining that the voting was rigged will never change their minds. 😅

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I know there are people who accepted that there was no rigging. I just meant to say that those Lauren's fans who are complaining that the voting was rigged will never change their minds. 😅

On this we agree.....unless and until TPTB decides to show transparency in their voting process.  

She was more popular on every social media metric and iTunes during her season....and still is.

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

On this we agree.....unless and until TPTB decides to show transparency in their voting process.  

I'm glad that you have agreed with me on something for the second time(The only other time you agreed was in The Voice Madness thread by mercfan where we both had the same picks for one round). 😂

• Haha 1

I'm glad that you have agreed with me on something for the second time(The only other time you agreed was in The Voice Madness thread by mercfan where we both had the same picks for one round). 😂

Actually, I could be mistaken...but  I think we share a season 10 snowflake.  

Of course, that's another season where the rightful winner was robbed by a coaches going away present.  🤪  Although, I really did like Alisan's run as well.

Stay Frosty.  

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Actually, I could be mistaken...but  I think we share a season 10 snowflake.  

Of course, that's another season where the rightful winner was robbed by a coaches going away present.  🤪  Although, I really did like Alisan's run as well.

Stay Frosty.  

OH nice to know. 😁 I always knew that you like Adam but I didn't know that you like him even more than Alisan. 

OH nice to know. 😁 I always knew that you like Adam but I didn't know that you like him even more than Alisan. 

I like Alisan more than Adam post show.

• Like 1