Which thing makes a Voice winner "deserving" or not?

16 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Oh yeah that's what I meant. She closed for her team. My point is that Chris wasn't as much Hella pimped as people here say. I think Hype is the appropriate word for Chris. Just like Jordan Smith who was not the most pimped. It was Barrett but people mixed hype and pimping.

Agreed. Barrett closed battles and BA premiere. He was also in the premiere of KOs. He closed the PO episode #2 as well as another live episode where he sang I'd just love to lay you down.

Jordan was in all premieres but he only closed KOs. Then after that Jordan closed the PO episode #1 and he closed the SF where he sang Somebody to love. 

So this means that Barrett had one more pimp spot than Jordan. The right appropriate word for Jordan would be The most beloved and promoted contestant by the voice.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That actually isn’t the craziest theory I have ever heard. I would be more open to support it if I hadn’t read it 50 times over the last 2/3 years tho 

Prepare... to die.

Not gonna lie guys. I was excited to see that this thread got so many replies, just to found out that the replies are there only because this became another Chris vs. Lauren debate 🙃

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Agreed. Barrett closed battles and BA premiere. He was also in the premiere of KOs. He closed the PO episode #2 as well as another live episode where he sang I'd just love to lay you down.

Jordan was in all premieres but he only closed KOs. Then after that Jordan closed the PO episode #1 and he closed the SF where he sang Somebody to love. 

So this means that Barrett had one more pimp spot than Jordan. The right appropriate word for Jordan would be The most beloved and promoted contestant by the voice.

Yeah I don't get why people call Jordan the most pimped ever.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

The only instance in the show where we can say The Voice robbed someone was back in S6’s semifinals IS.

Btw I’m sure at this point everyone is joking (or at least I hope so lol)

I don't think that was rigged. Christina Grimmie well deservingly won over Kristen Merlin.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I don't think that was rigged. Christina Grimmie well deservingly won over Kristen Merlin.

It was in the sense that they ditched the usual Top 3 public vote into the finale in favor of the creation of the semifinals Twitter Instant Save, where Christina (RIP) obviously had more fans, since it´s strictly social media. TPTB wanted her in the finale so badly, and we can pretty much know that Kristen had more votes than her because that they had to implement this at the last moment to get her to the finale.

I liked Christina´s IS better than Kristen´s, but the latter overall had a better week and was probably the 3rd highest vote getter there, if not, they wouldn´t have had to implement that last minute rule and just let the Top 3 move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It was in the sense that they ditched the usual Top 3 public vote into the finale in favor of the creation of the semifinals Twitter Instant Save, where Christina (RIP) obviously had more fans, since it´s strictly social media. TPTB wanted her in the finale so badly, and we can pretty much know that Kristen had more votes than her because that they had to implement this at the last moment to get her to the finale.

I liked Christina´s IS better than Kristen´s, but the latter overall had a better week and was probably the 3rd highest vote getter there, if not, they wouldn´t have had to implement that last minute rule and just let the Top 3 move on.

Oh interesting. Kristen had the better SF performance but Grimmie's IS performance was better that's why I said she deserved to be in the finale. But now that I look back at it you're probably right. They did that in favor of her but again if she hadn't delivered on Apologize she would've never been in the finale. She earned it.

1 hour ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Oh interesting. Kristen had the better SF performance but Grimmie's IS performance was better that's why I said she deserved to be in the finale. But now that I look back at it you're probably right. They did that in favor of her but again if she hadn't delivered on Apologize she would've never been in the finale. She earned it.

I think Christina was the second best contestant that season, and she was clearly a deserving finalist. I was personally happy with the result, but it was a crappy move by the producers to Kristen either way.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Again I'm saying I love Lauren too. I would've been 100% satisfied with her win too. I just think Chris doesn't deserves the hate that he gets here.

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Daillon said:

The only instance in the show where we can say The Voice robbed someone was back in S6’s semifinals IS.

Btw I’m sure at this point everyone is joking (or at least I hope so lol)

Some people think the season 2 instant elimination was created just so that Christina could get rid of Jesse Campbell.

11 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Some people think the season 2 instant elimination was created just so that Christina could get rid of Jesse Campbell.

I heard about it, but I forgot to mention it. Seeing as it only happened during that season maybe you’re right.

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

i heard there was some format change that screwed kristen over but idk what happened exactly. would you (or someone else) mind explaining?

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

@QueenCami

• Thanks 1
On 2/4/2021 at 9:32 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

It's because I have realized that I do the exact same thing when it comes to my favorites. 😂

I have no problem with anyone saying she's robbed or tptb did everything in their power to protect Chris. The only thing where I disagree is when people say the voting was rigged.

https://news.onecountry.com/country-music/lauren-duski-blake-shelton/

Click the link Scroll down a bit.....play the video....about 30 seconds in a very well paid employee of the Voice.... you might recognize him....publicly states he thinks the vote was rigged.  

Do you really think he would breach his contract with the Voice?  The only way he could contractually say what he did would be if it was actually true....otherwise he would have publicly defamed his employer.  As they say in the legal business....the truth is an unimpeachable defense.

Also, anyone who thinks the Voice can't change any vote at any time for any reason and not disclose what they did....hasn't read the Voice rules.  They clearly state the producers can do just that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Also, anyone who thinks the Voice can't change any vote at any time for any reason and not disclose what they did....hasn't read the Voice rules.  They clearly state the producers can do just that.  

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

9 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Click the link Scroll down a bit.....play the video....about 30 seconds in a very well paid employee of the Voice.... you might recognize him....publicly states he thinks the vote was rigged.  

Blake Shelton What? GIF by The Voice

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Turns out they weren't joking.

It is true that Blake said it was rigged, though. 

It’s also true that they can throw out votes without explanation. 

He’s only stating facts. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It is true that Blake said it was rigged, though. 

It’s also true that they can throw out votes without explanation. 

He’s only stating facts. 😉

That actually isn’t the craziest theory I have ever heard. I would be more open to support it if I hadn’t read it 50 times over the last 2/3 years tho :whut:

• Haha 7
5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean at the end of the day, like I said previously, she probably was better off without that record deal, and she's put out more music than Chris has, so y'all can be happy lol.

One walked out with $100K, the other got nothing. Which one was really better off? 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

One walked out with $100K, the other got nothing. Which one was really better off? 

Is this a trick question? 🙃  I mean we would still have her music to admire and she would have a nice trophy and $100K. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Is this a trick question? 🙃

Well, they’ve both struggled, if we’re being honest, and one of them walked away with a check for $100K. The year long battle with Republic that she would have endured is the only thing that gives me pause. Now that the winners don’t sign with them anymore,  it’s an easy call for me. Take the money. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That actually isn’t the craziest theory I have ever heard. I would be more open to support it if I hadn’t read it 50 times over the last 2/3 years tho :whut:

Thing is the mis-informed keep saying it couldn't happen.....which is not true   It could happen....the very structure for it to actually happen was created by the Voice rules...some think (Blake, et al.) it did happen.  I have no problem with someone saying "I don't think they did" but peeps who say it can't happen are not speaking the truth.  As long as the non-truthers keep popping up I'll keep playing Wack-a-mole. 

#Laurenwasrobbed #Imnotkidding

• Like 1
  • Haha 1