Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Tournament Final Round, Due Feb 7th)

Solaris

Snatch Game All-Stars Season 6:

6. Whitney Houston (Trinity K. Bonet)

Pink one — Trinity K Bonet as Whitney Houston - Snatch Game

Average: 5.71

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 6

@*Lily - 6

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 5

@Zoey - 6

Derek

lol why is Trinity spending the entire opening trying to explain why Whitney is appearing from beyond the grave? Stop it. I always thought Trinity visually made a fantastic Whitney. The look is 10000x better than her Beyonce. But there were no jokes fail bye

Elliott

Not good and she missed the obvious “IWALY” banter that could’ve transpired with Kylie.

Lily

Lol unfortunately she had nothing. She was clearly in her head going into this challenge and knew it wasn't her week, which didn't help.

Wallace

Trinity had a really nice and good look as Whitney. The look was the best thing about her Whitney. Yikes at that moment where she went blank and had no answer. That was so awkward. Then lol Phillis stealing the "I Have Nothing" and "The Bodyguard" Whitney reference jokes that Trinity should have used.

5. Kim Cattrall (Pandora Boxx)

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 6: Every Snatch Game performance ranked

Average: 5.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Elliott - 5

@*Lily - 5

@Solaris - 4

@*Wallace - 6

@Zoey - 4

Derek

She never got it.

Elliott

She somehow made Samantha as boring as Carrie Bradshaw.

Lily

Needed to go a whole lot bigger with it I think. Felt too safe and forgettable.

Wallace

This was so disappointing and such a let down from Pandora's last Snatch Game performance. She tried and had a promising start but got worse as this continued on. The impression felt a bit off, cold and not nearly as funny and snarky as it could have been.

4. La Toya Jackson (Ra'Jah O'Hara)

Average: 3.43

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Elliott - 3

@*Lily - 3

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 4

@Zoey - 3

Derek

LMAO I thought this was great

Elliott

idk maybe it’s my sense of humour but I was cry-laughing so many times during this.  I definitely got what Ra’jah was doing with it and thought it was great.

Lily

So smart. All you have to do anymore in Snatch Game is get Ru in hysterics. She took those anecdotes from Ru and ran with them. Is it a perfect impression, probably not, but did it work, absolutely.

Wallace

This was a fun and cute performance. This was a cute performance. She had a bit of a decent La Toya voice though it could have been more high-pitched, and she could have giggled more. This was a decent and enjoyable performance but not a standout.

Edited by Solaris

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatch Game All-Stars Season 6 continued:

3. Divine (Eureka!)

Average:  3.29

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 4

@*Lily - 4

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 3

@Zoey - 1

Derek

This was almost there. A little too aggressive and tried too hard with banter. I get that she was being Diving and Divine is crazy and over the top but for this challenge you have to do the Snatch Game version of the character to make sure the vibe doesn't get messed up.

Elliott

Sure why not

Lily

The look was fantastic. Some of the jokes were alright but I kinda wish she threw us a curveball and didn't just go for the character she initially planned for Season 10 lol.

Wallace

Eureka! had the look down here and was quite funny as Divine. I don't really know Divine's personality, so I can' comment if the portrayal was accurate. She was kind of vulgar in a bit too much way at times. Although the mother/father comment to LaToya was too much. But besides that, I did find her hilarious and by far the funniest of her group. 

2. Phyllis Diller (Ginger Minj)

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 6' Episode 8 recap: Snatch and release | Xtra  Magazine

Average: 2.14

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 2

@*Lily - 2

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 1

@Zoey - 5

Derek

Ginger picked this character. So the jokes are all "short/fat/old." lol no but this was very good. The question responses were kind of your run-of-the-mill cheesy jokes, but Ginger is an absolute master at the banter part of this. 

Elliott

Very solid performance. I honestly wish they would’ve just skipped the LSA this week and done a double win.

Lily

Never missed a beat, Ginger knows how to pull off a great Snatch Game.

Wallace

This was the perfect challenge for Ginger and she was really fun and hilarious as Phyllis Diller. She gave funny answers full of humor. She also had great fun banter with the other contestants too. She was spot on with the Whitney references. Everything she said was crazy hilarious and entertaining.  Ginger was a deserved winner this week.

1. Dolly Parton (Kylie Sonique Love)

♥ Kylie Sonique Love as Dolly Parton ♥

Average:  1.43

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1 

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 1

@*Lily - 1

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 2

@Zoey - 2

Derek

Kylie turning around and crushing Snatch Game and the banter was (A) serious winner energy; (B) one of the best rudemption moments ever; and (C) proof that the S2 really had no idea how to prepare for that first Snatch Game lol

Elliott

I was fine with Ginger winning, but I can’t @ Ru not thinking of doing the obvious “first snatch game elimination Ru-turns and wins” storyline. Anyway, Kylie slayed her and being able to watch her AS6 glow-up was just *chefs kiss*

Lily

That rudemption! Initially I would have leaned towards Ginger but Kylie gets bonus points for me just with how effortlessly she kept up with someone who has known excellent improv skills and comic timing. Loved the whole look too.

Wallace

Kylie was kind of like the younger sexy version of Dolly here. I liked the southern accent she had here. She managed to be really funny with all of her answers. Lol I loved her little song she did with one of her answers. I think Kylie was the biggest surprise of this challenge as I wasn't expecting her to be so funny here.

Drag Race UK Season 3 Snatch Game:

Its time for Drag Race UK Season 3 Snatch Game. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. 

The cast:

Margarita Pracatan (Choriza May)

Nigella Lawson (Ella Vaday)

Gemma Collins (Kitty Scott-Claus)

Selina Mosinski (Krystal Versace)

Amy Childs (River Medway)

Macaulay Culkin (Scarlett Harlett)

Jocelyn Jee Esien (Vanity Milan)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 7.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!   This is due Monday, Jan 17th at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily  @Deeee @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks.

• Solaris changed the title to Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (UK Season 3 due 1/17)

Fair results here.

Kinda bummed Ginger didn't win here. :(  Kylie was a big surprise and a deserving winner for this round. :yes: Can't argue with the other results even though I would have swapped the Bottom 2 around, lol.

BTW, I did rank LaToya 4th, not 3rd. 😛 

Snatch Game UK Season 3:

7. Amy Childs (River Medway)

Drag Race UK: Ella Vaday's Nigella Lawson Snatch Game astounds fans -  Planet Concerns

Average: 6.17

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 6

@*Lily - 7

@Solaris - 7

@Zoey - 5

Derek

If she was able to banter with Gemma better, this wouldn't have been as bad. Instead River treated it like an attack and couldn't react. 

Elliott

Not that good.

Lily

Ugh I love River but this wasn’t it, it just felt like a weird choice, similar to A’Whora’s snatch game where it would have been more funny maybe 10 years ago? At least A’Whora’s had better moments.

6. Macaulay Culkin (Scarlett Harlett)

Drag Race UK: Ella Vaday's Nigella Lawson Snatch Game astounds fans -  Planet Concerns

Average: 6.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Elliott - 7

@*Lily - 6

@Solaris - 6

@Zoey - 6

Derek

I don't understand the screaming because his character in Home Alone doesn't just scream randomly from being scared, he screamed because the aftershave. So it's a dumb character choice and one-note and didn't deserve the praise whatsoever 

Elliott

Awful.

Lily

Yeesh. I mean, smart choice to go for what made Ru break out into hysterics, but this was like, one joke that had some humour about it at first and then continuously got less funny.

5. Jocelyn Jee Esien (Vanity Milan)

Pum Pum - Vanity Milan As Jocelyn Jee Esien On The Snatch Game | Rupaul's  Drag Race UK Season 3 - YouTube

Average: 4.50

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Elliott - 4

@*Lily - 3

@Solaris - 5

@Zoey - 7

Derek

Dirty Rice. They showed barely any footage of her lol and then Ru ruined everything by not understanding

Elliott

Default ranking.

Lily

Yikes this must be one of my least favourite SGs because how is Vanity my #3?!?! I love Vanity and I got the character she was playing from this, it just wasn’t that exciting or strong. 

Snatch Game UK Season 3 continued:

4. Margarita Pracatan (Choriza May)

Margarita Pracatan (@PracatanBaby) / Twitter

Average: 4.17

Rankings:

@*Chris - 7

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Elliott - 3

@*Lily - 4

@Solaris - 4

@Zoey - 4

Derek

I feel like they deliberately didn't edit in any laughs to make it seem worse than it was 

Elliott

Her being in the bottom two after this was... make it make since!

Sola

I didn't think this deserved bottom 2, especially over Scarlett.  I liked this, didn't love it.

Lily

Don’t know a lot about Margarita but it was fine, nothing amazing but not enough to put Choriza in the bottom IMO.

3. Selina Mosinski (Krystal Versace)

RuPaul's-Drag-Race-UK-Season-3-Episode-6-Snatch-Game-TV-Reviews-Tom-Lorenzo-Site  (12) - Tom + Lorenzo

Average: 4.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 5

@*Lily - 5

@Solaris - 3

@Zoey - 2

Derek

lol when they had this person as a guest star the next episode I decided that this wasn't as good as I thought

Elliott

Mediocre.

Sola

The character confused me as I didn't know who she was until she guest judged.  Still a default placement.

Lily

There was some Sue in there and I liked the look, but not a great performance.

2. Gemma Collins (Kitty Scott-Claus)

RuPaul's-Drag-Race-UK-Season-3-Episode-6-Snatch-Game-TV-Reviews-Tom-Lorenzo-Site  (11) - Tom + Lorenzo

Average: 1.83

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 2

@*Lily - 2

@Solaris - 2

@Zoey - 1

Derek

the look was really really crunchy. But she kept up with the game

Elliott

A bit of a safe performance, but still a worthy showing.

Sola

Great performance, but not iconic.

Lily

It was fun and showed how GC should be done (sorry Cheryl). Predictable at times, absolutely, but she got all the GC-isms in there at the right time.

1. Nigella Lawson (Ella Vaday)

Series 3 Microwave GIF by BBC Three

Average: 1.33

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 1

@*Lily - 1

@Solaris - 1

@Zoey - 3

Derek

duh.

Elliott

Obvious winner is obvious.

Sola

ICONIC.  Meecro-waveh.  Everything about this performance was flawless, and I didn't know who the celebrity was.  Didn't need to though. Dirty, Dirty Dirty!  Also I think this is my first perfect round!

Lily

Masterfully done. Can’t believe she almost went down the safe route of picking a psychic when she had this gem in her back pocket.

Drag Race Canada Season 2 Snatch Game:

Its time for Drag Race Canada Season 2 Snatch Game. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. 

The cast:

Sofia Vergara (Adriana)

Bernie Sanders (Eve 6000)

Jim Carrey (Gia Metric)

La Veneno (Icesis Couture)

Kris Jenner (Kendall Gender)

Leslie Jones (Kimora Amour)

Grimes (Pythia)

Yoko Ono (Suki Doll)

Rachel Zoe (Synthia Kiss)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 9.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!   This is due Thursday, Jan 20th at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks.