Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Tournament Final Round, Due Feb 7th)

Solaris

Snatch Game Season 9:

10. Sofia Vergara (Cynthia Lee Fontaine)

RuPaul's Drag Race': Every Snatch Game Impression, Ranked

Average: 9.20

Rankings:

@*Chris - 10

@FrogLenzen - 9

@Elliott - 10

@Solaris - 10

@*Wallace - 7

Chris

Do not ever do Sofia Vergara on Snatch Game.

Derek

WOW so bad. Just a rambling mess. Inspired the iconic "where are the jokes" line at least

Elliott

Terrible.

Sola

One of the worst snatch games ever.

Wallace

Cynthia.... tried but this didn't really work too well. She did make me laugh more than those I ranked below.

9. NeNe Leakes (Peppermint)

Drag Race RuCap - SNATCH GAME!!! — house of 950

Average: 8.80

Rankings:

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 10

@Elliott - 9

@Solaris - 9

@*Wallace - 8

Chris

A choice.

Derek

Even RuPaul was like "...I said 'bloop' first" lmaoooo. After this I was ready for her to go home. Thank goodness this was bad so she could lip sync and reveal herself as my undercover favorite 

Elliott

Terrible.

Sola

Bad.

Wallace

Oooof, with having such a big personality as Nene, she should and could have been much funnier. She had an okay moment somewhere in there but could have brought so much more.

8. Gigi Gorgeous (Farrah Moan)

team farrah | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Average: 8.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 8

@FrogLenzen - 8

@Elliott - 8

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 10

Chris

Gigi Not So Gorgeous. 

Derek

flat bland vacant vapid boring empty nothing, and still not even worthy of bottom 2 this year

Elliott

Terrible.

Sola

blah. anotehr psuedo default placement for me.

Wallace

Looked pretty and had the look down, but wasn't funny at all.

7. Alyssa Edwards (Aja)

Talking Drag Race with Chiffon Dior: Episode Seven "Snatch Game" -

Average: 7.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Elliott - 6

@Solaris - 7

@*Wallace - 9

Chris

She really had some good moments here and there, but was unable to reach the other queens' level.

Derek

You can't do Alyssa and then do it worse than it was done before. If you're going to do a drag race contestant it needs to be WAY over the top and out of the box. If you're going to do a repeat character it needs to be MILES ahead of any previous version. This was neither.

Elliott

Meh.

Sola

No more Rugirl impersonations in snatch game ever!!!!

Wallace

Didn't really get much from this.

6. Jasmine Masters (Nina Bo'Nina Brown)

iVan

Average: 5.20

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 4

@Solaris - 9

@*Wallace - 5

Chris

One of the highlight of the Snatch Game for me.  I still live for the "If it ain't on BET, I don't know what it is". 

Derek

At least this was an interesting choice and approach, but this is a bad character to pick. Choosing Jasmine before "And I Oop" even happened??? How did she pick this? She made it work but honestly she could have done the same acting/answers and said she was a million other characters. It wasn't very tailored to Jasmine.

Elliott

Had some moments I enjoyed, which is why I put it above some of the others.

Sola

Hated this.  My pet peeve is queens doing other rugirls for snatch game.

Wallace

This was funnier than I expected. I liked how she played the moody humor type attitude here.

5. Adriana Gutierrez (Valentina)

Pin on QUEENS + DOLLS

Average: 5.00

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Elliott - 5

@Solaris - 4

@*Wallace - 6

Chris

Really embodied the physical comedy aspect of it. 

Derek

I guess I'll give props to Valentina for managing to pull probably the ONLY three jokes even POSSIBLE with this character choice. Such a limiting choice but the rest were so awful that she was fine lol

Elliott

Had some moments I enjoyed, which is why I put it above some of the others.

Sola

Sort of my default option.  She did fine, and the original Steve Harvey line was good.  But meh.

Wallace

Default placement. Played into losing Miss Universe role well with the crying and overdramatics, but that was all she had.

Edited by Solaris

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatch Game Season 9 continued:

4. Amanda Lepore (Trinity the Tuck)

ivanv.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Average: 4.40

Rankings:

@*Chris - 7

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Elliott - 7

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 2

Chris

Amanda Lepora (Trinity): Started good but meh. I would think she could have done better at impersonating someone considering she's good at doing it on Reddit. Also, the best thing about Trinity in this Snatch Game was her saying "Where's the jokes" in the confessional.

Derek

good enough. safe. I wanted more wit than "plastic surgery lol" with this icon, especially since Trinity is actually funny.

Elliott

Meh.

Sola

Really enjoyed what she brought.

Wallace

Don't know Amanda Lepore but found her really funny, especially with the botox references and her saying she was laughing even though she was still faced.

3. Naomi Campbell (Shea Coulee)

Slay Coulee

Average: 3.20

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 1

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 3

Chris

Underrated performance. Everything that came out of Shea's mouth as Naomi was HILARIOUS. 

Derek

safe

Elliott

idk, maybe it's me being a biased stan, but I found myself laughing the most at Shea's Naomi. "Here you go, Chris Rock" continues to live rent free in my mind.

Sola

good.

Wallace

Wish we saw more of Naomi, but I liked what I saw. Found her really funny here. Had the look down too.

2. Marlene Dietrich (Sasha Velour)

sashavelwhom: drag race meme ♕ (5/5) snatch game...

Average: 2.80

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 2

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 4

Chris

She did a phenomenal job.

Derek

RuPaul didn't seem into it during the actual snatch game but the judges all loved this and I thought it was fine

Elliott

Another solid performance from Sasha.

Sola

One of the only times I liked Sasha all season.  Solid performance.

Wallace

Don't really know Marlene and don't know if this impersonation was spot on but she made me laugh.

1. Liza Minelli (Alexis Michelle)

ivanv.tumblr.com - Tumbex

Average: 1.40

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 3

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 1

Chris

In this Snatch Game, Alexis was truly in a league of her own. This was Liza to the T. 

Derek

winner easily

Elliott

I didn't love this nearly as much as RuPaul did, but I guess we could let Alexis win something.

Sola

Easily the best of a bad group.  Congrats to the winners circle.

Wallace

LMAO the way I forget about Alexis Michelle the most from this cast but she's the biggest standout of this challenge. She had the look, the voice and mannerisms all down really well. And she was really funny and had good jokes.

Edited by Solaris

• Solaris changed the title to Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (All-stars Season 3 due 11/29)

All-Stars Season 3 Snatch Game:

Its time for All-Stars Season 3 Snatch Game. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. 

The cast:

Crystal Labeija (Aja)

Grace Jones (BeBe Zahara Benet)

Paul Lynde (BenDeLaCreme)

Maya Angelou (Chi Chi DeVayne)

Phaedra Parks (Kennedy Davenport)

Jennifer Lewis (Shangela)

RuPaul (Trixie Mattel)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 7.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!   This is due Monday, Nov 29nd at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @sublymonal @Deeee @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen @JC

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

Not sorry about my ranking for Nina as Jasmine.

Underrated 😘 

I thought she should have ranked a little better too.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Confused Britney Spears GIF

I ranked where I ranked. 😘 

But lmaoo I guess I liked it more when watching it for some reason? :dead: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

I was referring to everyone else ranking Alexis first. 💀 

But this is SO IDF. :dead: 

Snatch Game All-Stars Season 3:

7. Maya Angelou (Chi Chi DeVayne)

✨🌙✨. — RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 3 Snatch Game,...

Average: 6.67

Rankings:

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Elliott - 6

@Solaris - 7

@*Wallace - 7

@Zoey - 7

Derek

I don't really agree with clowning Chi Chi about the spelling of the name... but even besides that this didn't go anywhere or do anything. She seemed constantly confused as to what to say or how to respond. You gotta be quicker than that.

Elliott

Imagine not knowing how to spell the name of the person you're playing but still not being the worst from snatch game. 

Sola

The only bigger travesty then Trixies snatch game is Chi Chi's.  This has to be one of the worst snatch games of all time.

Wallace

Ooof this was quite painful to watch. Right from the start of not knowing how to write Maya's name and not getting the jokes about her, I knew this would be rough.

6. RuPaul (Trixie Mattel)

Trixie Mattel Winner GIF - Trixie Mattel Winner Chicken - Discover & Share  GIFs

Average: 6.33

Rankings:

@*Chris - 7

@FrogLenzen - 6

@Elliott - 7

@Solaris - 6

@*Wallace - 6

@Zoey - 6

Derek

Travesty. First of all, what is going on with the look? Bad makeup and bad hair... just awful to look at. Then the answers were barely funny... but it was the attempted banter that put this one in the coffin in the ground. Just fail after fail after fail. Hey, I appreciate her trying to get out there and not be forgotten. Tbh I think bad jokes deserve more credit than not even trying (lol says Derek, the king of bad jokes). But wowowowow she did not have ANY backup plans and she really needed some. A RuPaul impression needs more than just the corny wordplay that Ru uses to announce challenge winners/losers. Give us more catchphrases! Give us the laugh! READ MICHELLE VISAGE RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU! Reference past seasons! Trixie knows this show better than most people and she didn't use any of that knowledge. She only prepared the wordplay and when that didn't work she was totally lost.

Elliott

I'm not exaggerating when i say this is one of my least favourite snatch game performances. Trixie did start strong with her introduction line, but after that, it was cringe city.

Sola

This is in good company with the horrendous Maya Angelou performance that Chi Chi gave.  Both are completely awful.

Wallace

Started out okay/kinda funny on the introduction of RuPaul when real Ru introduced her. But then she became quite painful to watch. She was overexaggerated in facial and head movements. Like she became this unfunny caricature version of RuPaul. Then  her one liners and "jokes" made no sense with where she was throwing them, and just not funny.

5. Phaedra Parks (Kennedy Davenport)

RuPaul's Drag Race': Every Snatch Game Impression, Ranked

Average: 4.83

Rankings:

@*Chris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Elliott - 5

@Solaris - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@Zoey - 4

Derek

I can see what she was trying to do here, but it didn't really go where it needed to go and it was disappointing. She needed something way way way more over the top to stand out. Sad to see because she did great in the improv challenge earlier in AS3 and previously won Snatch Game in S7. 

Elliott

Pretty disappointing given Kennedy's S7 performance.

Sola

Not great especially when compared to Little Richard.  At least you're represented in the winners circle with that performance.

Wallace

I thought Phaedra would be a great portrayal for Kennedy. She had the look and voice down pretty good, but she lacked funny lines or jokes - none of which really landed. I expected much more fron Kennedy but she didn't deliver.

Edited by Solaris

Snatch Game All-Stars Season 3 continued:

4. Grace Jones (BeBe Zahara Benet)

✨🌙✨. — RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 3 Snatch Game,...

Average: 3.33

Rankings:

@*Chris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 3

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 4

@Zoey - 3

Derek

Went in with a plan and did good enough. I liked that Bebe actually went a little outside of herself for this performance, and I appreciate a Grace Jones reference that is more than just a throwaway line about a cliche visual. 

Elliott

It was alright.

Sola

Guess I am in the minority, but this was Bebe at her best in the season for me (besides  girl group).  "Rupaul, when are we going to ~explicit~, had my howling.  Shocked this didn't make it into the top 3.

Wallace

Hit or miss. Had some funny parts but some parts not so funny. Didn't really stand out much as a whole. Good enough to land in the middle.

3. Crystal Labeija (Aja)

This Snatch Game was stunk - big time. - Popdust

Average: 3.17

Rankings:

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 3

@Elliott - 4

@Solaris - 4

@*Wallace - 3

@Zoey - 2

Derek

This is perhaps one of the best visual impersonations of the series. She nailed the look 100%. And the answers were funny. You'd think RuPaul would be living more for this reference, but instead they send her home for not pronouncing a reference correctly later lol Aja stays robbed

Elliott

It was alright.

Sola

She did better this time, but is it really Top 3 worthy?  I don't think so.  It should have placed 4th.

Wallace

Don't know Crystal but found her kinda funny. Wish we saw more of her to form a stronger opinion. But do think she was one of the funnier ones for sure.

2. Jenifer Lewis (Shangela)

Another RuCap: All Stars 3, Episode 4 - Movie Meister Reviews

Average: 1.83 (Tie, highest place 2x 1st)

Rankings:

@*Chris - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 2

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 1

@Zoey - 1

Derek

much better than her Tina. Not very outside of herself in terms of characterization but it was solid and had funny answers. "spelling bee winner" lmao

Elliott

I expected more given her friendship with Jenifer Lewis, but it was still a solid second place.

Sola

She did a great job, and I am not mad she made the Top 2 here, nor on the show, but wasn't the best. Delievered some great stuff as Jennifer Lewis though.

Wallace

I found Shangela as Jenifer Lewis to be freaking hilarious. She had the look, voice and attitude down pact so well. And she hit all of her jokes and was funny throughout. She was the standout for me.

1. Paul Lynde (BenDeLaCreme)

Just A Person — Snatch Game Winners

Average: 1.83 (Tie, highest place 4x 1st)

Rankings:

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@Elliott - 1

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 2

@Zoey - 5

Derek

easily. AS3 Ben lives up to the hype.

Elliott

Slay.

Sola

That tanking was not cute! :haha: That said, Paul still takes the lead with more first places.  After the robbage to DeLa's Maggie Smith, I am glad to see DeLa represented in the winners circle.  Without question the best of the season.

Wallace

Don't really know Paul Lynde but found this performance really enjoyable and hilarious from BenDeLaCreme.

Edited by Solaris

Season 10 Snatch Game:

Its time for  Season 10 Snatch Game. I have attached the YouTube link for your review. 

The cast:

Melanie Trump (Aquaria)

Beyoncé (Asia O'Hara)

Honey Boo Boo (Eureka O'Hara)

Chyna (Kameron Michaels)

Dorothy Parker (Miz Cracker)

Maya Angelou (Monét X Change)

Maxine Waters (Monique Hart)

Blue Ivy Carter (The Vixen)

Rank each of the celebrity impersonations 1 to 8.  Commentary is not required but appreciated!   This is due Thursday, Dec 2nd at 12 CST.

Tagging people who might still be interested!

@*Chris @Elliott @*Wallace @*Lily @sublymonal @Deeee @#jeah @Zoey @FrogLenzen @JC

Also If you will be participating in multiple seasons, please keep all rankings to one private message chain as to prevent too many messages.  Thanks

Edited by Solaris

• Solaris changed the title to Snatch Game: The Mini-Rankdown (Season 10 due 12/2)