Eurovision Song Contest 2021 : Open Up (18-20-22 may 2021)

world_idols

Congratulations to the top 10 contrys

09 Norway Tix "Fallen Angel"
12 Israel Eden Alene "Set Me Free"
03 Russia Manizha "Russian Woman" Russian,
14 Azerbaijan Efendi "Mata Hari"
16 Malta Destiny "Je me casse"
01 Lithuania The Roop "Discoteque"
08 Cyprus Elena Tsagrinou "El diablo"
04 Sweden Tusse "Voices"
11 Belgium Hooverphonic "The Wrong Place"
15 Ukraine Go_A "Shum" (Шум)

++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry to thise countrys see you next year

02 Slovenia Ana Soklič "Amen"
05 Australia Montaigne "Technicolour"
06 North Macedonia Vasil "Here I Stand"
07 Ireland Lesley Roy "Maps"
10 Croatia Albina "Tick-Tock"
13 Romania Roxen "Amnesia"

38 minutes ago, world_idols said:

ok so here is my list for tonight show

no god no list

03 Russia Manizha "Russian Woman" Russian,
05 Australia Montaigne "Technicolour"
09 Norway Tix "Fallen Angel"
11 Belgium Hooverphonic "The Wrong Place"
15 Ukraine Go_A "Shum" (Шум)

what happened? lach.gif

• Haha 1

HOLY $#!+!  I nailed them all!  And I thought I'd get rusty after a 2-year wait. 🙃

I actually graded last year's songs and music videos.  I wasn't going to let the year go to waste, not knowing how well they could've done without the virus throwing a monkey wrench into everybody's plans.

Here is how I rated the first semifinal performances of this year (once again, as always, using 10 criteria):

9.57 Ukraine

9.56 Malta

9.53 Israel

9.51 Norway

9.50 Lithuania

9.49 Sweden

9.48 Russia

9.42 Cyprus

9.39 Belgium

9.32 Azerbaijan

------------------------

9.31 Slovenia

9.29 Australia

9.28 Ireland

9.26 Croatia

9.24 North Macedonia

9.23 Romania

When you take trance on a runaway train ride from progressive to psychedelic, you'd better be on your A-game.  There was a point where I thought Kateryna would get tongue-tied after Go_A sped it up to full psy.  I'm glad she held that last note.

Destiny came ready for the big league.  She entered this semi 3rd on the bookies' boards.  If Italy and France show any cracks, she could be the first Junior Eurovision champ to win the big one.  Her voice clearly defies her age (18).

Suffer no delusions; I thought Eden would pay the price for the current situation happening in the Middle East.  Be that as it may, that high note was the make-or-break moment in an excellent stage performance.

For those who don't know yet, Andreas gets his stage name (Tix) from his childhood Tourette's syndrome condition, the tics.  He was my number 7 going into this competition because of how well he told his story in his music video.  His song was already growing on me before I took a peek at his bio.

Obviously, being the first act on stage at this show, the Roop were my benchmark for this night.  I have to say, that crazy dance reminded me of this...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b4/17/38/b41738e98894844fb2c8a2953476e35c.gif

They are my #10 overall.  Lithuania is the only Baltic country without a title.  If they have to sing this early again, winning will be problematic.  But then again, look who were in the top 5 on the bookies' boards before the show started.

Showmanship and a very strong voice leave no doubt as to why Tusse (Tousin Michael Chiza) was a blowout winner at Melodifestivalen.  Will that and a dark stage be enough to keep Sweden in the top 10?  He was my #12 overall and the bookies' #11 before Monday's jury competition.

Tell a good story (and quite an intriguing story after the translation), put on a good stage show, and you become a contender; or, in Russia's case, remain a contender.  Manizha was before this contest. my #12

I've heard the song many times now, and I'm still wondering if Elena is talking about a wild boyfriend or a cocktail (or both; there is a cocktail named El Diablo).  She did not try to do what Eleni Foureira (2018) or Tamta (2019) did; she did her own thing.

Geike Arnaert was Hooverphonic's 4th lead vocalist, from 1997 to 2008.  When the group was selected for this contest last year, Luka Cruysberghs was the lead (their 6th), for the song "Release Me", which I thought would have qualified for the final.  This year, before the contest, just after Geike's return to the group for "The Wrong Place", they were my #34 and a likely non-qualifier.  Bookies thought so, too.  But amid all the CGI and (non-cultural) fancy clothing, absolutely nothing beats an O.G. stage setup when it is done right!  With the band and background singer covering all 4 corners, and Geike in the middle, on a dark stage with screen images that look like they came from a VHS player, this is as old-school as you can get.  They deserved to qualify.

It takes more than a run-of-the-mill dance routine to qualify.  The Roop gave us something we have rarely (if ever) seen.  Efendi and her backups, we've seen that many times before.  Her qualification was definitely song-and-music-driven.

As for the non-qualifiers, in this semifinal it comes down to (1) the qualifiers having better stage performances, and (2) the unfortunate hard luck of having better songs last year and never getting a chance to present them on stage.  Five of the 6 (with the exception of Croatia) are holdovers from last year's roster; and in my evaluations of last year's songs and videos, I figure that Romania, Slovenia, Australia and North Macedonia would have qualified with last year's songs.  Roxen, in particular, had lots of trouble trying to stay on key.

What remains to be seen is if my order of ranking is in the same order as the scores from the contest.  We'll obviously find out on Sunday.

Edited by CookyMonzta

the best thing was that Israel qualified into the finals when no one gave us a chance regarding the situation here.. but that high note from Eden was everything. 

the best thing is she just managed to break the record of the highest note/octave sung in the competition (B6). 

🇮🇱:clap:

Onsdag (wensday)
Denmark – tv2charlie
20:40-21:45
ABBA-Dabba-Dooo
21:45-22:50
Agnetha om livet efter ABBA
22:50-23:35
Bamse og Vennerne

Sadly  all the TV2  channels is not free  web-tv it cost money

But I am recording this

+++++++++++++++++
Torsdag (thursday) – eurovision song contest 2021 - semi finale 2
Germany – eurov ision.de
21:00
ESC 2021 - 2. Halbfinale
23:10

We-tv

https://www.eurovision.de/news/Zweites-ESC-Halbfinale-2021-Alle-Infos,niederlande1282.html  

or

https://www.eurovision.de/news/Alle-Livestreams-zum-ESC-in-Rotterdam-im-Ueberblick,livestreams178.html

The germany will be add links to web-tv on each day on there officielle homepage - eurovision.de
But on the finale ARD will make there own links to web-tv
+
Denmark – DR1
21:00-23:00
det europæiske melodi grand prix 2021 - semi 2    - https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/dr1_20875  (live web-tv)

+
Denmark – tv2charlie
23:10-23:55
Med på noderne - Grand Prix special

Sadly  all the TV2  channels is not free  web-tv it cost money

But I am recording this

+
Sweden – svt1
Eurovision Song Contest 2021: Semifinal 2  https://www.svtplay.se/video/30974090/eurovision-song-contest-2021/eurovision-song-contest-2021-semifinal-2-semifinal-2  (live web-tv)
23:00

+
Norway - nrk1
Eurovision Song Contest 2021: Semifinal 2 https://tv.nrk.no/program/MUHU25004221  (full episode)
23:00

Sadly Norway do now share web-tv live direct becours of copyright
But NRK1 will add full episode after it been show on tv

EBU
How to Watch - Eurovision Song Contest 
eurovision.tv/viewers-guide
on this link you can see all the different countrys - live web-tv
just have to push on each country and it go to there web-tv