Least polarizing contestants ever?

Daillon

1 hour ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

On IDF I would say Cam and Maelyn. 

Jordan and Carter were really really loved by audience and I don't think they had much haters there.

Jordan was plenty polarizing outside of IDF. It may have been a vocal minority, but they were pretty loud. Remember, Blake had two finalists that season. I’m not trying to take away from his success…he’s definitely a deserving winner, but that is what I remember. 

I´d say Thunderstorm fits the bill. He was pretty liked and respected, and I don´t remember him having any notable detractors, nor here nor outside IDF.

He was a very unnasuming contestant in every sense I think. They wanted Nick to win with him but I felt he didn´t really have the usual screentime or dedication that TPTB puts into their TCOs. He was never on the premiere and as a whole his KO (his transition to being on Nick´s team) was played pretty tamely, instead of building a "pivotal moment" spectacle.

54 minutes ago, deszfan88 said:

Cam, Maelyn, Myracle Holloway, Addison Agen, Chloe Kohanski, Thunderstorm Artis, CammWess, Beth Griffith-Manly, Pressley Tennant, Lauren Duski, Joana Martinez, Carter Rubin

Chloe was extremely polarizing on Facebook. So much so, that I didn’t think she could win. That was one of my flop predictions. Lauren used to go on Facebook and reply to some of her negative comments. They would complain about her nose ring, and other stuff that had nothing to do with her singing. Most adult females have to deal with that nonsense to some extent. 

2 minutes ago, deszfan88 said:

flop fans

I remember once reading the Season 17 threads. I read that some of them were excited when they knew she was gonna sing country. Imagine their reactions when she sang "10,000 hours" 😂😂😂

Also, when she wasn't saved, they were convinced she would be in the Wildcard, imagine the surprise in their faces when Jake was called for the Wildcard Instead 🤣🤣 

Things like that make me wish i was on IDF at the time. :giggle:

• Like 1

I know Corey Ward had a few detractors, but he was fawned over here, especially for a male. He won polls left and right, and overall was highly praised before his semis stumble. Not to mention a good chunk of the site was pissed he got eliminated in the semis.

Even some users who I would have never imagined stanning someone like him ended up doing so.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I know Corey Ward had a few detractors, but he was fawned over here, especially for a male. He won polls left and right, and overall was highly praised before his semis stumble. Not to mention a good chunk of the site was pissed he got eliminated in the semis.

Even some users who I would have never imagined stanning someone like him ended up doing so.

*flashbacks to me not getting on the Corey train until he was confirmed to make the lives and him subsequently becoming one of my favorites of the season*

As for the original question, Cam and Maelyn are the two winners who come to mind from previous seasons. Non-winners who fit the bill would be Thunderstorm…and that’s about it I can think of for sure.

This season, I’d say the two overall least polarizing members of the top 10 would be Paris and Jershika, with Hailey as a third less polarizing contestant - the former two IDF and Minivan both seem to respect even if they don’t always end up in the top half of the stats/get the most buzz, and the latter has gotten good support but has more vocal detractors on here than the other two. GNT isn’t terribly polarizing vocally, but IDF and other non-Facebook sites are more divided on them than the three I named ahead of them.

6 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Gihanna wasn’t polarizing last season, and Desz and Cami were probably the least polarizing in Season 19, at least for IDF.

She was in pre-lives. Her blind and battle were not well recieved here.

Agreed on S19. 

Edited by Misirlou

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Jordan was plenty polarizing outside of IDF. It may have been a vocal minority, but they were pretty loud. Remember, Blake had two finalists that season. I’m not trying to take away from his success…he’s definitely a deserving winner, but that is what I remember. 

One of the moderators for the Reddit Voice discussion absolutely hated Jordan and even she admitted that the general audience loved him. Most of the anti Jordan sentiments I saw either came from a previous winner’s fan base or from people who complained it was boring knowing so early on that Jordan would win the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

One of the moderators for the Reddit Voice discussion absolutely hated Jordan and even she admitted that the general audience loved him. Most of the anti Jordan sentiments I saw either came from a previous winner’s fan base or from people who complained it was boring knowing so early on that Jordan would win the season. 

Some people just didn’t like his tone. Others said he was a “screamer.” It’s OK, though. He won, and has been able to make a living for himself doing this. 

Was Zan polarizing as a whole? She seems to be an IDF darling (deservingly😘) but I imagine her semis being badly received here which might've affected her non-polarizing status. Then again, I wasn't really here so I wouldn't know

I imagine Rose not being polarizing at all (at least in SM like youtube and instagram) and I imagine it was the same in IDF

Also I'd say Chevel and Kymberli from S15

When it comes to Jordan, I wasn´t on IDF at the time but I read the old threads and he was more respected than liked, alas everybody knew he was gonna win, but they preferred others. Amy and Jeffrey were the snowflakes here.

Regarding backlash outside of IDF, Mjsbigblog HATED him during his season, even going as far as to call him derogatory names and such. A lot of comments there really went way over the line. Either way, indeed, he has done really well for himself, so I doubt he´d care, but still, my God.

34 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Was Zan polarizing as a whole? She seems to be an IDF darling (deservingly😘) but I imagine her semis being badly received here which might've affected her non-polarizing status. Then again, I wasn't really here so I wouldn't know

I imagine Rose not being polarizing at all (at least in SM like youtube and instagram) and I imagine it was the same in IDF

Also I'd say Chevel and Kymberli from S15

Love kymberli but I feel like she would have gotten the same "screamer" complaints like Kyla Jade before her. Especially on fb.