Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

35 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Just waiting for Tom and Andy - both said they'll get them in soon.

Both of them actually messaged me and told me to tell you to just use my rankings for both of them and then also said there’s no need to verify with them! ❤️

• Haha 1

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - SEASON 12

giphy.gif

--------------------

17. DAHLIA SIN VS. NICKY DOLL - "PROBLEM"

twkORln.png maxresdefault.jpg

AVERAGE: 14.30

@#jeah - 8

@Zoey - 8

@jarmon - 13

@*Chris - 15

@Solaris - 15

@FrogLenzen - 16

@Elliott - 17

@*Lily - 17

@~Tom~ - 17

@*Wallace - 17

AKSHAR

This sucked soo much seeing 2 fashion queens in the bottom. Nicki & Dahlia both looked absolutely gorgeous and I loved Nicky's dress and she WORKED IT! This was a great showing from Nicky but Dahlia kinda left me disappointed. 

CHRIS

It's obviously one of the weakest lipsync of the season, but they also did what they were able to do with the song. 

SOLARIS

Meh.

DEREK

Dahlia looking dead into the camera, locking eyes, and not knowing the words at all is surreal. This is one of those lip syncs where I'm thinking... I could have won this lip sync

LILY

Most iconic part was Dahlia's walk-off after the lip-sync lol.

WALLY

Love this song but I felt this deserved a better lip sync. Nicky was the better performer of the two, while Dahila was barely doing anything it seems. It was alright but just really boring.

----------------------

16. BRITA VS. ROCK M. SAKURA - "S&M"

lipsync-for-your-life-dramatic-lighting.gif

AVERAGE: 12.20

@#jeah - 4

@Zoey - 9

@jarmon - 11

@Elliott - 11

@Solaris - 11

@*Chris - 14

@*Lily - 15

@~Tom~ - 15

@*Wallace - 15

@FrogLenzen - 17

ANDY

Rock slayed this, I’m sorry.

AKSHAR

Rock M was done SO DIRTY! I don't even think that Rock should've been in the Bottom 2. Now, to the lip sync, Rock wasted too much time trying to get the bottom of her dress off but she gave us some cool tricks to impress us. Unfortunately, it was a little too much and repetitive. As for Brita, she was there, I guess.

SOLARIS

Balls.

CHRIS

Both did good but just an unmemorable lipsync for me. 

LILY

I thought Brita did a decent job in this and Rock was fine, but not a massive standout.

WALLY

Oooof poor Rocky trying to take off the bottom of her dress but REALLY struggling with it and losing focus from the lip sync. Right there, she lost the lip sync despite all the tricks she tried doing - which were a lot of them. But yeah I felt bad for Rocky here. :( Brita was better overall and gave a more consistent performance. She had some funny comedic moments. Overall, this is another song that deserved a better lip sync.

DEREK

I love how they showed every millisecond of Rock ripping off her dress and then Brita gets a nice clean edit with her dress instantly gone later lololol. To reference 30 Rock, this is Hard to Watch: Based on the Book ‘Stone Cold Bummer’ by Manipulate.

----------------------

15. GIGI GOODE - TAKE ON ME

giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 11.90

@jarmon - 4

@~Tom~ - 8

@*Lily - 10

@Elliott - 12

@Solaris - 12

@FrogLenzen - 13

@*Wallace - 13

@#jeah - 14

@Zoey - 16

@*Chris - 17

AKSHAR

It's no secret that Gigi Goode was my favourite of this season and when I heard the song she chose, I was like OMG YESS!! She gave such a fun performance and her outfits were great and the ARTWORK?!?! YESSS MA'AM!! I enjoyed this a lot.

LILY

I enjoyed this! A great homage to the original video, but probably my least favorite of the top three's individual lip-syncs.

SOLARIS

Solid.

DEREK

Wthout the set and the styling there's really nothing going on here.

WALLY

Gigi reminds me of a performing Cruella here. This was a cute and fun lip sync here. She captured the humor, fun and joy of the song here. She paid good homage to the music video too. Cute lip sync.

ANDY

Didn’t she break the quarantine rules for filming this MV?

CHRIS

Now release the version for which you broke the rules that were assigned to you since we all know that was your 2nd take. 

---------------------

14. BRITA VS. AIDEN ZHANE - "LET IT GO"

giphy.gif?w=880&ssl=1 giphy.gif?w=880&ssl=1 

AVERAGE: 11.20

@Zoey - 3

@Solaris - 4

@*Chris - 8

@*Wallace - 9

@#jeah - 13

@*Lily - 13

@jarmon - 15

@FrogLenzen - 15

@Elliott - 16

@~Tom~ - 16

SOLARIS

Brita killed. Jonathan was super into it too, which I enjoyed.

CHRIS

This was Brita's moment, and a bonus for using the Broadway version.

WALLY

While I didn't care for Brita, she definitely owned this performance. She truly captured the feeling of the song and performed it like a Broadway diva. I believe this was Brita's shining moment. Aiden was alright but didn't seem as connected to the song with the song. She often faded in the background to Brita.

LILY

Some points for Brita's magic trick. Otherwise unmemorable.

AKSHAR

I actually loved Brita's performance here as she connected to the song perfectly but, Aiden really annoyed me in this lip sync as she just stood there and did hand actions. So yeah, great job by Brita! Good trick by Brita too but it wasn't amazing.

DEREK

Brita's lip sync style probably works great for a big audience from far away but here on TV it's unappealing to me. Also learn your words. Also Jonathan is annoying. I could have won this lip sync

--------------------

13. BRITA VS. HEIDI N CLOSET - "BURNING UP"

giphy.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 11.10

@#jeah - 5

@Zoey - 7

@FrogLenzen - 9

@Elliott - 10

@*Wallace - 10

@*Lily - 12

@*Chris - 13

@~Tom~ - 13

@jarmon - 16

@Solaris - 16

ANDY

Heidi is an underrated lipsyncer

DEREK

Brita had no chance lol

WALLY

This was a really cute and fun lip sync from both Brita and Heidi. Both had fun, performed well and had good energy for this song. Lol I loved the part of Heidi doing her super fast dancing. I did enjoy other lip syncs from the both of them more, but this was still good.

LILY

Both great performers and an underrated Madonna song IMO, but wasn't wowed by the lip-sync.

CHRIS

Heidi turned it up.

AKSHAR

I don't know what Brita was doing here but Heidi was funny and Heidi's hair was so iconic. 

SOLARIS

Meh.

giphy.gif

-----------------------

12. CRYSTAL METHYD, GIGI GOODE & JAIDA ESSENCE HALL - "BRING BACK MY GIRLS"

giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 11.00

@jarmon - 3

@~Tom~ - 6

@Solaris - 7

@Elliott - 9

@#jeah - 12

@Zoey - 13

@FrogLenzen - 14

@*Wallace - 14

@*Chris - 16

@*Lily - 16

AKSHAR

Yeah, I have to say that I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I was going too. I focused mainly on Gigi & Jaida, mainly Gigi but Jaida had my attention too. Even though Crystal had her clown make-up on, I barely paid attention to her. I loved Gigi's head movements and facial expressions in this and Jaida looked STUNNING!

SOLARIS

Serving face

WALLY

lmao I completely forgot about this. This was a fun song choice. But with this being the COVID lip sync of just seeing them performing as close-ups makes this tricky to compare to the others. All 3 of them lip synced well and brought fun with the song. But it's hard to compare this to everything else so I'll rank it on the lower end.

DEREK

No.

CHRIS

Forgettable. Also, we should have had a F4 where Ru decide to do the right thing and nullify Jackie's elimination.  

LILY

Meh can't say it's one I really think about.

--------------------

11. JAN VS. WIDOW VON DU - "THIS IS MY NIGHT"

giphy.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 09.70

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Zoey - 5
@*Lily - 6

@Solaris - 9

@~Tom~ - 9

@*Chris - 11

@*Wallace - 11

@jarmon - 12

@Elliott - 14

@#jeah - 15

DEREK

Jan isn't stupid. She knew this was game over. At best she could hope for a double shantay. But Jan didn't give up and gave it everything in her bag of tricks

LILY

Amazed that Jan was able to show her face on Drag Race again after being annihilated by Widow like this.

SOLARIS

I liked this from both!

CHRIS

Yes, Jan was checked out but she did her all to make this one entertaining. Of course, Widow stole the show. 

WALLY

This started off okay, but it got better as it went along. I did enjoy how Widow perfrormed, channeled and captured the essence of the song. I felt she really connected with this and made Chaka proud. I felt that Jan was disconnected and didn't really capture the song. She did dance and perform well. But at the same time, Jan was doing too much and it felt off to me and didn't work with this song. A deserved win for Widow (even though I was sad to lose Jan that week).

AKSHAR

A pretty nice performance, Widow really felt that song and was serving us SOUL! Jan was a little too much with the tricks but Widow felt the song and connected better.

ANDY

Sorry Widow is canceled, JFC I can’t believe people are still supporting her in any way

--------------------

10. HEIDI N CLOSET VS. NICKY DOLL - "HEART TO BREAK"

690ee75e91d628327c5755cd12bad67448e258f8.gifv 6982b59b4d281e6b43f348b64d1bf017de1d1a64.gifv

AVERAGE: 07.60

@Zoey - 4

@*Chris - 7

@Elliott - 8

@*Lily - 8

@*Wallace - 8

@#jeah - 9

@jarmon - 10

@FrogLenzen - 11

@~Tom~ - 14

@Solaris - 17

CHRIS

I enjoyed both of them in this, but Heidi was definitely the winner. 

LILY

Heidi was super entertaining in this one. Saved herself from losing her wig brilliantly!

WALLY

This was a cute lip sync. I really enjoyed how Heidi perormed this. She was very engaging and put on a real and entertaining show. She was fighting for her life and owned this battle, even with the wig falling off. Heidi did lip sync and captured the emotion of the song well, but she wasn't as engaging to watch.

AKSHAR

I loved the song choice here and Nicky looked gorgeous as ever!! Heidi really did the damn thing and I love the little slide thing she did around the stage and I felt every word. She got lucky that Ru didn't eliminate her because of the wig falling off towards the end.

DEREK

ESL queens are at such an insane disadvantage on this show

SOLARIS

Wig fell off.

----------------------

09. CRYSTAL METHYD, GIGI GOODE & JAIDA ESSENCE HALL - "SURVIVOR"

rupauls-drag-race-12-vincitrice.jpg

AVERAGE: 08.80

@~Tom~ - 3

@Elliott - 4

@jarmon - 7

@FrogLenzen - 7

@*Wallace - 7
@#jeah - 10

@Solaris - 10

@*Chris - 12

@*Lily - 14

@Zoey - 14

AKSHAR

Only this high because of Gigi. Her reveals were EVERYTHING. Jaida gave a good performance as well but Gigi was the MOMENT. 

DEREK

It took me until just now to realize that Gigi was trying to do a reveal from a grayscale garment to a color garment. Well that wasn't very effective. And then a headband reveal like? Meanwhile Jaida just says 👑 

WALLACE

Amazing song choice, of course. :wub: I thought all 3 did and performed this well. This was easier to compare amongst the other lip syncs as we saw more dynamic performing of theirs. While all of them  did well, Jaida still commanded my attention and dominated this performance. She was so dynamic and brought in some amazing dancing. Gigi did bring some cool reveal changes. Crystal was fun and quirky. But yeah Jaida earned her win after this. :yes: 

SOLARIS

not the most memorable final lipsync.

CHRIS

Would have been better in studio. Also, Jaida was like "just give me the crown, already".

LILY

Would have been more iconic if we got it in a studio, but still fine.

----------------------

08. JAIDA ESSENCE HALL - "CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND"

a66c8157487f9a3e341233805bf6e050558a97c9.gifv 23e7ffa22b04b2c1716ab294b6287ebf03780ab7.gifv

AVERAGE: 08.80 

@Elliott - 2

@*Lily - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@*Chris - 6

@FrogLenzen - 6

@#jeah - 7

@~Tom~ - 11

@Solaris - 14

@Zoey - 15

@jarmon - 17

LILY

Jaida was my winner from pre-season. This performance only strengthened that. To dominate a stage that you have all to yourself.. inspiring.

WALLY

LOL this was weird watching a lip sync battle with just one person. Jaida was a really stunning and dynamic performer. She channelged the song and performed it really well. Can't really judge how Sherry did but I'm sure that's the point, lol. A deserved win for Jaida though.

CHRIS

What an inspiring performance! 

DEREK

Wow Jaida is so gorgeous in this solo performance. The effortless yet effective reveal to the kick split yes. Overall, the shift in Jaida's demeanor and/or edit from this season to AS7 is so remarkable

SOLARIS

Strong performance from Jaida.

AKSHAR

Miss Jaida gave a pretty fun performance by herself [redacted as Akshar thought the edit was the actual lipsync we saw on TV] but overall a decent lip sync.

giphy.gif

---------------------

07. JACKIE COX VS. WIDOW VON DU - "FIREWORK"

giphy.gif giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 08.30

@jarmon - 2

@FrogLenzen - 4

@~Tom~ - 4

@Elliott - 6

@*Wallace - 6

@*Chris - 9

@Zoey - 11

@*Lily - 11

@Solaris - 13

@#jeah - 17 

AKSHAR

Firstly, Jackie's look was amazing. I loved seeing a Hijab and seeing the Muslim culture shown on TV. A very impactful outfit and you can feel that she felt the song and it got me emotional too with the message she conveyed. She really understood the assignment. Oh, and Widow was there too. You can tell Widow knew it was over for her.

DEREK

wow

WALLY

I was a bit confused with the start of Jackie's performance at the start. Her performance confuses me at the start and I didn't know what to make of it? But I do like how she did capture the feeling of the song once it got to the chorus. Then she won me over with the rest of her performance and performed really well. Widow was definitely bringing the emotion and channeled the passion of the song. She lip synched well and did really well as usual. Strong performance from them both and I could have gone either way.

CHRIS

Under different circumstances, this would have been in my Top 5 as I thought both did a wonderful especially Jackie who really came alive during this. 

LILY

Decent performance on both sides.

SOLARIS

solid

ANDY

Cancelled.

---------------------

06. CRYSTAL METHYD VS. JACKIE COX - "ON THE FLOOR"

giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 07.90

@Zoey - 2

@*Chris - 5

@~Tom~ - 5

@#jeah - 6

@Solaris - 6

@jarmon - 9

@*Lily - 9

@FrogLenzen - 12

@*Wallace - 12

@Elliott - 13

CHRIS

A good lipsync where Jackie won and should have been in the finale, no matter the outcome of the lipsync. 

ANDY

Whatever this is fun #biasedstan

SOLARIS

I enjoyed this from both ladies!

AKSHAR

Yeah, Jackie won this lip sync for me. I don't know why the judges wanted to make Crystal Methyd happen so much this season. Like I like Crystal too but this wasn't her best whereas Jackie had me entertained.

LILY

This was entertaining, I think Jackie won it but I enjoyed Crystal also.

DEREK

no one stood out in a good or bad way

WALLY

This was a really cute and fun lip sync from Crystal and Jackie. LMAO Jackie had me cracking up on the Pitbull verse at the start and towards the end.  Both Crystal and Jackie brought fun and comedic performance. I still don't really get or connect with Crystal but she appeals to people so I get that. I did prefer and enjoy watching the fun Jackie had here more. I don't think either completely ~slayed~ it per se but this was all good fun.

--------------------

05. JAIDA ESSENCE HALL - GET UP

giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 07.10

@*Lily - 2

@*Wallace - 2

@#jeah - 3

@*Chris - 3

@Elliott - 3
@Solaris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 10

@~Tom~ - 12

@jarmon - 14

@Zoey - 17

LILY

Jaida showed you don't need effects or anything too over-the-top - you can give a flawless performance in your own living room and that she did. So captivating.

WALLY

Jaida easily had the best of the one person lip syncs this season. She lip synched the song well but nailed and slayed the choreography so well. She gave a true entertaining performance. She was giving Ciara vibes here too, so I was definitely a fan of this! :bobo: 

ANDY

The essence of perfection

CHRIS

Queen of proving that you don't need to try and break the rules to deliver an iconic lipsync performance. 

SOLARIS

Serve.

DEREK

ust straight up dancing in her apartment and not pretending otherwise. Icon

AKSHAR

Okay, here's the thing here, Jaida's make-up was so distracting and I don't know if it was the lighting or what but it just stood out too much for all the wrong reasons and the lip sync just left more to be desired.  

---------------------

04. CRYSTAL METHYD - "I'M LIKE A BIRD"

giphy.gif

AVERAGE: 06.70

@Zoey - 1

@#jeah - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Solaris - 2

@*Chris - 4

@*Lily - 7

@jarmon - 8

@~Tom~ - 10

@Elliott - 15

@*Wallace - 16

ANDY

Super memorable

DEREK

Crystal was like.. oh you thought I was weird before? Lemme show you finale Crystal. She forced Michelle Visage to watch and comment on this. Icon

SOLARIS

Iconic.

CHRIS

Love it or hate it, no denying this is the most memorable lipsync of the season. 

LILY

Undoubtedly an iconic moment in its own, weird way. Unforgettable for sure.

AKSHAR

Bonus points for her creativity and excellent song choice but this was also EXTREMELY WEIRD! The throwing up was DISGUSTING & DISTURBING, I remember watching the episode and being so off-put after that but I have to give her credit for her "artistic expression" and staying true to herself.

WALLY

Sorry this is not for me. I know plenty of people will love and/or rank this high. People may find this funny but I... just don't, really. Crystal does well portraying the birds character well. And the song choice is fantastic, so there's that.