Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current Round: Season 8)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - SEASON 4

MarvelousDisastrousAcaciarat-small.gif

04. DIDA RITZ VS. LATRICE ROYALE - "I'VE GOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION"

PIX5.gif Q8r.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 4.27

@.Rei - 2

@~Tom~ - 2

@#jeah - 3

@*Chris - 3

@totes4totes - 3

@FrogLenzen - 4

@*Wallace - 4

@~*8Kay8*~ - 6

@*Lily - 6

@JC - 7 

@Solaris - 7

REI

Latrice killed this! Unfortunately for Dida, she followed the wrong route to go with this performance.

ANDY

Both of them kill it here but Latrice def connects with the song more. Two legends

CHRIS

If one queen could dethrone Dida Ritz, it would be Latrice motherfuc*ing Royale who completely owned the stage while embodying every single words she was lipsyncing. And easily the two best lipsyncers of the season, in my opinion. (Note: Glad to see Megan agrees with me on that front).

MEGAN

I think Latrice and Dida were the two best lip syncers in this season. A little underwhelming than the two solo performances of theirs I have above this but still entertaining and a case of absolutely the right two queens to do this.

DEREK

Great.

WALLY

Both Didia and Latrice did well with this battle. Dida was going crazy with her dancing and having a blast with it, but at the same time, her performing wasn’t really suited to the song. Latrice was SELLING the heck out of the song. She brought so much emotion and was really lip syncing it properly. She took it to the church for real.  :omg: A deserved win for Latrice.

KAY

This one is very good, but it wound up here by default bc I remember those above it more.

JC

This was pretty boring, but Latrice definitely embodied the taking you to church feel.

----------------------------------

03. KENYA MICHAELS VS. LATRICE ROYALE - "A NATURAL WOMAN"

UnselfishScarceBorer-small.gif NvPI.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 3.55

@#jeah - 2

@*Chris - 2

@*Lily - 2

@totes4totes - 2

@Solaris - 2

@*Wallace - 2

@.Rei - 3

@~*8Kay8*~ - 4

@~Tom~ - 5

@FrogLenzen - 7

@JC - 8

ANDY

Kenya almost kills the vibe but Latrice is so dominant here it doesn’t even matter, lol. Latrice is a WOMAN in this performance

CHRIS

My two favourite LSFYLs of Season 4 are my favourites due to a single performance delivered in the LSFYLS. In this one, Latrice proved that you do not need to do a lot to deliver a captiving performance - she felt every words in the song, and we could feel each words and emotions through Latrice's performance. Kenya on the other hand, let's not talk about it because this LSFYL was Latrice's moment!

SOLARIS

This was a solo lip sync with just Latrice right?  Also gross wig removal from Kenya.

WALLY

This Kenya & Latrice battle, I feel kind of the same way as I did on the Latrice & Didi battle. Latrice was just captivating to watch here. She really emoted and poured her heart & soul into the song. She had such a great connection to it, that just gives you chills. :omg:  She really reminded of those classic divas. Kenya did well too. Kenya had a lot of energy and brought great dancing to her performance  but she was too much and had too much energy for tis song, which wasn’t really needed. A prime example that less is more. Latrice was just… wow.

REI

I just wished the camera would have only focused in Latrice cause she performed this song they way it was supposed to be performed, she just killed it. Kenya didn’t need to be brought back and didn’t need to jump around all over the stage.

KAY

I bounced this one around a few times before I settled on here. I tend to prefer more upbeat lip syncs for the most part so I struggled with putting it any higher. Latrice’s performance was definitely a standout, and so was Kenya’s for the wrong reasons. Aside from everything about Latrice, other memorable moment would have to be Santino’s disappointed head shake and “no” when Kenya removed her wig.

DEREK

The pregnant belly is creepy plus Kenya wigless buzzing around makes this very strange to watch

JC

I am obsessed with these preggerz outfits LMAO. LMAO at Kenya basically performing a contemporary routine. She looks like Latrice's backup dancer LOLLLL it reminds me of one of those DWTS guest singer appearances with an unnecessary dance performance in the background LOLOL. Also I have no idea why I am doing commentary on one of my least favorite seasons ever. Again Latrice is embodying the song even though she does not really move. Kenya lost when she took off her wig.

02. PHI PHI O'HARA VS. SHARON NEEDLES - "IT'S RAINING MEN... THE SEQUEL"

62b9a54fbe4c0551187c3a67c8417c8f.gif source.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 3.26

@Solaris - 1

@*Wallace - 1

@~*8Kay8*~ - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@JC - 3

@~Tom~ - 3

@#jeah - 4

@*Chris - 4

@*Lily - 4

@totes4totes - 4

@.Rei - 8

WALLY

With Phi Phi’s and Sharon’s rivalry, of course it was a matter of time that they would be battling against each other. It’s also funny how Phi Phi dressed as the angel and Sharon dressed as the devil - though its funny how their drag styles/personas are like that but their personality and edit on the show was the exact opposite.  :haha: Anyway, this was a really great lip sync battle. Phi Phi was really performing her heart and brought in lots of insane and impressive dancing to her performing. But I felt Sharon really connected with lip synching and really breathing/living that song and the emotion of it. Both were impressive in different ways. But really enjoyed them both here.

KAY

This was setup to be a fight for the ages with the two biggest rivals showing up in good vs. evil costuming ready to face off! I thought they both performed quite well, and I liked the contrast between Sharon’s more still/intense performance and Phi Phi’s energetic/choreography-heavy one. I remember being bummed with the anti-climactic resolution when Willam got eliminated and they both got to stay another day.

DEREK

Sharon beat Phi Phi in this, too bad that wasn't the true result

JC

YAAAAS LIVED FOR THE DRAMZ ❤️ This was the best lipsync matchup because they hated each other. I was rooting for the villain in this case because can't stand Sharon. Phi Phi is also a devil though :giggle: Sharon should have gotten eliminated, just watching it it's clear Sharon is not as good as Phi Phi - so rigged. That's one of the reasons I can't stand Sharon, there's no way she should have won. She should have been eliminated here already and her goth drag was so bleh. 

ANDY

Lol I just like this because I feel a bunch of pent up hatred in both of them being released in this performance

CHRIS

The rivalry known as showgirl vs. party city delivering one of the strongest LSFYL of the season - I think it's one of the few LSFYLs where both queens delivered a strong performance. 

REI

Not bad not great

01. DIDA RITZ VS. THE PRINCESS - "THIS WILL BE (AN EVERLASTING LOVE)"

tumblr_lzh4jajgMM1qbzqexo1_500.gif AmOY.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 2.73

@#jeah - 1

@*Chris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 1

@~*8Kay8*~ - 1

@*Lily - 1

@totes4totes - 1

@.Rei - 1

@~Tom~ - 1

@JC - 4

@*Wallace - 6

@Solaris - 12

ANDY

Dida’s performance here is possibly the best ever in the history of the show, and I am not exaggerating. She embodies the song with every single facial expression and she performs the hell out of this IN FRONT OF Natalie Cole herself. Proof that you don’t need a million splits to sell a lipsync

CHRIS

Dida motherf**king Ritz absolutely nailing this LSFYL in front of Queen Natalie Cole herself - one of my all-time favourite performance by a drag queen in a lipsync. And while there was no denying that Dida was winning this lipsync, The Princess surprisingly held her own. 

DEREK

Probably my #1 of all seasons. Dida's is best single performance of all time IMO and The Princess wasn't doing bad either, so nothing detracted from Dida

REI

One of the greatest lip-sync performances of all-time. Only few have done what Dida did here! Amazing!!!!! The Princess was not bad, but this was all Dida.

KAY

In a season with a decent amount of forgettable lip syncs, this one will always be the standout. I almost ranked it lower than a few of the more evenly matched ones just because it was so one-sided, but I couldn’t let Dida’s performance be any lower than #1 here. The Princess didn’t perform that terribly, but it was impossible to look away from Dida. This is definitely one of the best individual lip sync performances across all seasons. Watching how happy Natalie Cole was to see it performed so wonderfully was also a joy.

MEGAN

RIP Natalie Cole 💔

JC

Dida slayed.

WALLY

I don’t really remember much about Dida Ritz (as maybe as much as I should with how long she lasted), but I do know her lip sync performance is talked about a lot here. Re-watching this, Dida was absolutely fantastic. She lived, breathed and really performed this song so much. Great stage presence and she put on such a show here. She tore it up! I am sure she made Natalie Cole proud with this. I didn’t pay much attention to The Princess here but she did okay, I guess. But The Princess’ side is what brought this down to #6, otherwise I would have had this higher.

SOLARIS

Probably the biggest threat to my favorite to win and because I can.  Its prob my fourth favorite of the season.

And just like that, "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love" has been deemed the best LSFYL from S4.

Stay tuned as we continue our ranking of RPDR's LSFYL when we take on All-Stars 1. 

Edited by *Chris

LOL Chris only using gifs of Latrice on “I’ve Got to Use My Imagination.” :dead: Not sure if that was intentional but Latrice slayed this, of course!

Aww darn I was hoping for “A Natural Woman” to crack the Top 2 so I am bummed it didn’t :( Love and agree with everyone’s comments on Latrice here. LMAO JC’s commentary on this (specifically on Kenya) was soo hilarious to read. :lmao:

Aw bummed that “It’s Raining Men… the Sequel” didn’t win but oh well. Still loved this and thought both were fantastic on this - both were strong here so that’s why I ranked it at #1.

LMAOOO SOLA ranking “This Will Be” last. WTH? :dead: Although thank you for that Sola, as I feared I was going to be hated and the lowest ranker here. :dead: And lol oh…. he did serious tanking here, which explains it. Maybe I should have done the same. Otherwise, I was actually the lowest ranker…. lmao loops. INSANEEE at all of those #1s…. 8 out of 11 of them? WOW.  :omg: Not surprised this won but kinda disappointed in a way. Dida was amazing in this and based on her solo performance, I get all the #1s here. I would have had it #1 based solely on her too. But I found The Princess just okay in comparison an that brought this down a lot for me. :dead: But maybe I need to rewatch her again since comments saying she did well too.

5 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Great result! The only correct one!

im surprised Wally had it so low 

Aww I feel bad about that because I did love Dida in that. :blushingwave:  But it was such a one sided battle and I tend to prefer and rank the more evenly battled battles higher. :haha: 

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

Me seeing Sola ranking it at #12:

Over It Fin GIF by Jasmine Masters

Me realizing that it’s not enough to prevent it from winning:

And I Oop Whatcha Say GIF by Jasmine Masters

That was a fail on Sola's end there. :haha: 

5 hours ago, JC said:

Happy with the winner even though it was not my #1. If I was just ranking Dida this would definitely have been #1 fosho. QUEEN!

Same.

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL Chris only using gifs of Latrice on “I’ve Got to Use My Imagination.” :dead: Not sure if that was intentional but Latrice slayed this, of course!

Not intentional at all; I was not able to find any gifs of Dida in the lipsync.  :( 

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE : ALL STARS 1

JEUR.gif

Mimi ImFurst vs. Chad Michaels - "Opposite Attracts"

Latrice Royale vs. Tammie Brown - "There's No Business Like Show Business"

Manila Luzon vs. Jujubee - "Nasty"

Raven vs. Alexis Mateo/Yara Sofia - "Don't Cha"

Jujubee vs. Raven - "Dancing On My Own"

Chad Michaels vs. Raven - "Responsitrannity"

----------------

@#jeah @Elliott @Deeee @FrogLenzen @~*8Kay8*~ @.Rei
@*Lily @Solaris @~Tom~ @totes4totes @*Wallace @JC

Please send me your ranking by Friday, February 19th;

I expect to have all the rankings by then considering it's only 6 lipsyncs.

If anyone have a link to "Nasty", it would be greatly appreciated!

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current Round: All-Stars 1)
  • *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current Round: Season 8)