Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE  - SEASON 2

tenor.gif?itemid=3478056

07. JUJUBEE VS. PANDORA BOXX - "SHAKE YOUR LOVE"

Picture-282.png?quality=100 Picture-263.png?quality=100

AVERAGE - 6.58

@Solaris - 4

@JC  - 5

@~Tom~ - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6
@~*8Kay8*~ - 6

@.Rei - 6

@Elliott - 7

@*Lily - 7

@*Chris - 8

@Deeee - 8

@#jeah - 8

@*Wallace - 9

KAY

This was cute and well performed on both sides (esp Jujubee), but a little forgettable overall. I do love the air-keyboard moment.

REI

Pandora stood no chance against Juju.

ELLIOTT

Poor Pandora really has been given a rough shake in Drag Race, huh? :dead: 

LILY

A guilty pleasure! Juju doing what this song needed, cheesy but hilarious.

CHRIS

This LSFYL was nothing too special - Jujubee obviously did what was needed for the song, and pretty much ate Pandora Boxx alive during it.

WALLACE

This was a fun and cute performance. I think i remember thinking this song suited Pandora better - and she performed well. But Jujubee was more fun, dynamic and interesting to watch. But this was kinda forgettable. Not a big fave of mine overall but fun.

----------------------------------

06. NICOLE PAIGE BROOKS VS. RAVEN - "MY LOVIN' "

j3Yt3sH.gif y1eYvQj.gif 

AVERAGE - 6.25

@FrogLenzen - 2

@.Rei - 2

@Deeee - 3

@Elliott - 3
@~*8Kay8*~ - 4 

@*Chris - 6

@*Wallace - 8

@JC  - 9
@*Lily - 9

@~Tom~ - 9

@Solaris - 10

@#jeah - 10

REI

Rayven slayed! I love her so much in this 

ELLIOTT

lol these early season lip syncs were extremely one-sided. :dead:  Raven delivered another one of my favourite lip sync performances, and Nicole Paige Brooks From Atlanta, Georgia™ actually held her own.

KAY

I loved literally everything Raven did during this performance. It was so funny and delivered the spirit of the song perfectly. The “never gonna get it” breakdown is definitely one of the standouts of the season.

CHRIS

Who knew this LSFYL would be the polarizing one? :dead:. Anyway, Raven's performance in this is one of my favourite & Nicole Paige Brooks did her best; I just did not care for the LSFYL as much as the others that ranked above this one. 

WALLACE

Raven was really fun and entertaining to watch in this. She deserved the win here. I don’t even remember Nicole now but I found her forgettable in this. So half good, half meh.

LILY

This is fine. Always found it a bit overrated but this could be wrong depending on how it ranks.

05. MORGAN MCMICHAELS VS. SAHARA DAVENPORT "CARRY ON"

L1q7.gif tumblr_nocwbz2Gkt1rydbyzo1_400.gifv

AVERAGE - 4.67

@FrogLenzen - 1 

@#jeah - 2

@*Lily - 3

@Deeee - 4

@~Tom~ - 4

@*Chris - 5

@Elliott - 5
@~*8Kay8*~ - 5

@*Wallace - 5

@JC  - 6

@.Rei - 7

@Solaris - 9

LILY

RIP Sahara, an Angel! Will always remember her for this performance.

CHRIS

Both held their own but Sahara was the star - she was truly a superb performer. May she rest in power! 

ELLIOTT

This kind of landed here by default.

KAY

I originally had this lower because I didn’t really remember it as much as some of the others just on recall, but after watching it I had to move it up. Really well done by both! Morgan is a stellar performer, but didn’t stand a chance when Sahara really utilized the ballet skills.

WALLACE

I found Sahara very captivating to watch here. She lip synched well and brought great ballet/contemporary dancing here. Morgan did well but faded in the back for me. Sahara stole it for me here. 

REI

An actual good lip-sync that Sahara rightfully won.

04. TYRA SANCHEZ VS. RAVEN "JEALOUS OF MY BOOGIE"

2cb4404781aeac01efc680581efdeaffa55a888e_hq.gif 01f8ef1aa9e810281d3e4009ba3e8ea9b1ab675a.gifv

AVERAGE - 4.58

@*Wallace - 1
@~*8Kay8*~ - 3

@~Tom~ - 3

@*Chris - 4

@#jeah - 4

@*Lily - 4

@.Rei - 4

@FrogLenzen - 5

@Solaris - 5

@Deeee - 7

@JC  - 7

@Elliott - 8

WALLACE

This is such a fun song! This was one of the RuPaul songs that stuck in my head while binge watching g this show - and probably one of my Top 3 favorite RuPaul songs I heard from the show. Don’t be jealous of my boogie! :bobo: Don’t be jealous of my boogie! :bobo:

I thought Raven and Tyra both performed this really well and had fun with this. Although I do think Raven was a little tame/cautious with her performing but I blame that on her boots restricting her movements. She did lip sync well. But Tyra was fantastic, dynamic and great to watch! Loved watching herd perform and she commanded this performance for me. She slayed it and I do feel she deserved her win. Don’t @ me. 

KAY

Say what you will about Tyra, but this was a winning performance. From the first moment with the spinning, and  the whole way through... I feel like Tyra didn’t waste a single moment in this song. I was surprised how much Raven faded into the background during this. I missed the sassy fun Raven from My Lovin’.

CHRIS

An excellent LSFYL where both performed well especially Tyra who essentially managed to dethrone one of the lipsync assassin of the season.  

LILY

Say what you want about Tyra but she won from that first spin.

REI

Say what you want about Tyra but she slayed this.

ELLIOTT

"Tyra, reach for the stars because you'll never be one." I'm not here to debate who should've won even if Tyra's track record was inflated by her having immunities because she easily would've been in the B2 for Rocker Chicks and Jujubee would've sent her ass home but Raven's mirror message to Tyra continues to live rent free in my mind.

We are now down to 3 LSFYL - "Black Velvet", "Two of Hearts" and "Something He Can Feel". 

Stay tuned for the ruveal of the top lipsync of the season!

Edited by *Chris

6 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Omg I love how mine, Rei and Kay’s comments on “Jealous of My Boogie” all started with “say what you want about Tyra, but..” :dead:

5 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Dying at how many of us said “say what you want about Tyra”... :haha::haha:

Spider-Man GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE  - SEASON 2

tenor.gif?itemid=3478056

03. JUJUBEE VS. TATIANNA - "SOMETHING HE CAN FEEL"

maxresdefault.jpg 

AVERAGE - 4.33

@~Tom~ - 1

@*Chris - 2

@JC  - 2

@.Rei - 3

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 3

@Deeee - 5

@#jeah - 5

@*Lily - 5

@Elliott - 6

@FrogLenzen - 8
@~*8Kay8*~ - 9

CHRIS

One of the most underrated LSFYL of Season 2, mainly due to Jujubee's performance in it - a great amount of emotions and comedy throughout the person. Hell, you know Jujubee did a good job when even Tatianna loss her character by being amazed by Jujubee's delivery. 

REI

LOL at Tatianna breaking character while admiring Jujubee.

WALLACE

This was another tough battle to watch, as Jujubee and Tatianna were my two favorites of this season. Jujubee is really amazing with these slower emotional songs. She really emotes and sells the song with all of her. This was probably Tatianna’s weakest lip sync, as the song was out of her comfort zone? She did well - but Juju just commanded it. 

LILY

Tag yourself, I’m Tatianna breaking character in awe of Jujubee.

ELLIOTT

Jujubee and Tatianna missing out on the finale when Tyra was right there? I don't think.

KAY

Juju was amazing in this, but I really couldn’t put it any higher since Tatianna definitely struggled a lot with it. I do tend to prefer the more upbeat lipsyncs too.

02. MORGAN MCMICHAELS VS. SONIQUE - "TWO OF HEARTS"

Son+3.gif  A1RH.gif

AVERAGE - 3.50 

@~*8Kay8*~ - 1 
@*Lily - 1

@Deeee - 2

@Elliott - 2

@Solaris - 2

@#jeah - 3

@*Chris - 3

@FrogLenzen - 4

@JC  - 4

@*Wallace - 4

@~Tom~ - 7

@.Rei - 9

KAY

By far my favorite lip sync of the season, and probably one of my overall favorites honestly. These two were both amazing, and in a future season I think they both would have been saved. While Sonique was doing a lot of acrobatics, I still felt like she performed it well and didn’t feel super desperate. But even with Sonique flipping around in heels and a neon bikini, I still couldn’t keep my eyes off of Morgan. The choreography was so perfect for the song and after all these years/seasons I think it still holds up as one of the strongest lip sync performances.

LILY

Legendary. Morgan was flawless here, and Sonique just randomly turning into Simone Biles always makes me laugh. Gets my top spot simply because I love both sides, even if there was a clear winner.

ELLIOTT

Morgan's precision in this was 🔥 . Still one of my all-time favourite lip sync performances.

CHRIS

One of the most memorable LSFYL of the season, partially due to Morgan's performance which was defined by her precision. And Sonique's performance? She gave it a fight but came short and could not compete with Morgan.

WALLACE

Oooh this is a lip sync i kinda remember. Don’t really care for either Morgan or Sonique but this was good. I really enjoyed Morgan’s dancing/performing here. Sonique was fun too and had some good flips & tricks at first but then she got too carried away, and wasn’t really lip syncing. I think I would have preferred Sonique to stay overall but Morgan deserved the win here.

REI

Morgan deserved to win even if I preferred Sonique. Still not a good lip-sync

01. JUJUBEE VS. SAHARA DAVENPORT "BLACK VELVET"

BestElderlyColt-size_restricted.gif tumblr_lyb439qM2b1qhh6xjo5_400.gif

AVERAGE - 1.50

@#jeah - 1

@*Chris - 1

@Deeee - 1

@Elliott - 1
@JC  - 1

@.Rei - 1

@Solaris - 1

@~*8Kay8*~ - 2

@*Lily - 2

@~Tom~ - 2

@*Wallace - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

CHRIS

giphy.gif 

ELLIOTT

Ranking this #1 for the way that Jujubee ATE.

REI

Iconic performance by Juju. An all-time great!

KAY

I’ve always loved this song, and was so excited to see a lip sync to it. Everything Juju did in this was perfect. Sahara’s performance wasn’t bad (I especially liked that first high kick she did), but like all the confessionals said she really didn’t capture the tone of the  song as well. But Jujubee was perfection, and in my tipsy dreams I would look half that sexy and fabulous while performing it.

LILY

Bring back! getting wasted! before lip syncs!

WALLACE

LOL I remember Elliott always commenting on Jujubee being drunk on this performance.  :dead:  I thought both Jujubee and Sahara did well here. I didn’t think Sahara’s contemporary dancing really worked here. Jujubee really connected to the emotion and sold the story of the song, so she def won this battle for me. Her performance was kinda bone chilling…. she sold this so well.

CONGRATS TO "BLACK VELVET"! 

STAY TUNED FOR SEASON 3 WHICH WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW.

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1

Aww I obviously wish “Jealous of My Boogie” ranked higher and got into the Top 3. But I expected some low rankings there. But I’m content it got 4th, at least. LOL hilarious at all of the “say what you want about Tyra” comments. :dead: But glad some people gave her props here.

Fine with the order of the Top 3 though I would switch #2 and #3 around. Impressive how “Black Velvet” had a mix of #1 and #2 rankings but of course Derek messes that up with that #3 ranking. :dead::lmao: LOL Loved Kaley's comments on this one about Jujubee. :lmao: