Jordan Matthew Young Fan Thread

Misirlou

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Great night for Jordan. Showed two completely different sides.

Agree - "Stay" didn't quite translate as well live as it did in the studio recording for me, but it was nevertheless solid and inventive. Jordan killed it on his upbeat song though, glad they let him rock out on the guitar solo. Considering he beat out four highly regarded vocalists (and some serious fan favorites) in the Instant Save, he vindicated himself quite well tonight. 

Regardless of where he finishes tomorrow (likely a realistic ceiling of 3rd), he had a great season and deserves the future opportunities and successes coming his way!

• Like 1

Talk about diverse! Jordan has covered almost every category of music I love. He's a gem and a keeper. It's been fun watching his journey, and I'll continue to follow it. Hope he gets to tour with Blake, and I hope we get to find out whether the redhead goes home with him!

When you think about it, he had a lot going against him, particularly if you use this place as a gauge for the typical viewer. I think the most fun was watching the collective mouth-drop when he sang Gold Dust Woman. Getting third was a major accomplishment :clap: but he was always in first place for me.

I hope he continues to grow and shine.

Edited by monkshood
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, christine58 said:

Congrats to Jordan. Really grew to love him. He didn’t expect to get this far. He didn’t even post voting links on IG last night. 

He didn`t really seem to care. He did what he came to do. He played slide, sang the blues, and showed who he was. Mission acomplished.

• Like 2

Add me please! I wasn't a big fan of him before but loved his playoff performance, semi performance, and finale performance. He was a big surprise for me. He did great making it to third place so congrats on making it this far. 

• Like 1

Jordan is having a Welcome Home performance at the White Horse in Austin on Saturday night:

https://www.facebook.com/stories/2005080666230731/UzpfSVNDOjEwMTU4NjM2ODEzOTg3NDk2/?bucket_count=9&source=story_tray

Is that the redhead in the picture?😲

Just watched a brief live with JMY on Instagram. I think the weather caused it to cut off.

The gist is that he's now on Patreon and will be adding new content, videos, etc. there for supporters. Cost is $5/mo. He can't do too much at the moment because of the contract w/The Voice, but he thought it would end about Jun 26.

Should be a good place to keep up with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night, Jordan was on Pete Mroz' Instagram show, and it was quite entertaining. They have quite a friendship since being on the Voice.

Jordan's main concern right now is finding a good management team. He has a ton of music he is ready to record, and is working with several writers to develop more.

They discussed Patreon. Jordan will be providing a behind-the-scenes look of what goes into recording and of course providing access to new material.

Also, it appears that the two of them and one other former S20 member (not named) may be appearing at Ole Red Tishomingo OK sometime in the [near?] future.

Pete will be performing in Nashville on July 16 & 17, and he suggested Jordan should join in on the fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...