Jordan Matthew Young Fan Thread

Misirlou

15 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Skynyrd would also fit him very well.

I was actually just thinking he'd sound super good on "Simple Man." When TeamAudra asked about Jordan's IS song, that actually was the first thing that came to mind, but I checked and realized I was remembering wrong.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It would definitely fit him, and there`s chance to show some guitar playing there as well.

Skynyrd would also fit him very well.

I've seen a lot of people saying Simple Man, but I'd prefer Sweet Home Alabama to get people on their feet. He'd probably also do well with Bob Seger, Foghat, Foreigner, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkshood said:

I've seen a lot of people saying Simple Man, but I'd prefer Sweet Home Alabama to get people on their feet. He'd probably also do well with Bob Seger, Foghat, Foreigner, etc.

I think SHA is overdone as hell, but it could work with the audience. I would love if he sang anything from the "Pronunced" album, honestly.  And yes, Seger would work wonderfully as well.

We already know he`s doing Drift Away for his IS, but I wonder if Blake or TPTB will make him go country on Monday night.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think SHA is overdone as hell, but it could work with the audience. I would love if he sang anything from the "Pronunced" album, honestly.  And yes, Seger would work wonderfully as well.

We already know he`s doing Drift Away for his IS, but I wonder if Blake or TPTB will make him go country on Monday night.

If he’s going to do country, he could do some Church, Sturgil, Isbel/drive by truckers (not cover me up), or whatever. Country doesn’t have to mean Alan Jackson style. 

Here’s a potentially interesting one, based on his ig Jordan is a charley pride fan 

(and just saying Jordan does country as part of his normal live set, it’s not a novelty thing, even though I don’t think it’s his natural lane)

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

If he’s going to do country, he could do some Church, Sturgil, Isbel/drive by truckers (not cover me up), or whatever. Country doesn’t have to mean Alan Jackson style. 

Here’s a potentially interesting one, based on his ig Jordan is a charley pride fan 

Yeah, definitely, but in the sense Minivan tends to prefer classic country to modern, and Blake knows that, hence he might want to go in that direction. It`s probably not the best idea, since Jordan`s clearly fits the southern rock/blues lane better, but we`ll see. I think Sturgill would actually fit him, especially if he plays guitar with it. Church probably wouldn`t go that well with Minivan considering the content of his songs. If it comes to Charley Pride, "Mountain of Love" is a good boogie song that would probably work on Jordan.

He said yesterday that he got to do some "really cool" work at Henson studios, which leads me to imply that he`s excited for Monday.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, definitely, but in the sense Minivan tends to prefer classic country to modern, and Blake knows that, hence he might want to go in that direction. It`s probably not the best idea, since Jordan`s clearly fits the southern rock/blues lane better, but we`ll see. I think Sturgill would actually fit him, especially if he plays guitar with it. Church probably wouldn`t go that well with Minivan considering the content of his songs. If it comes to Charley Pride, "Mountain of Love" is a good boogie song that would probably work on Jordan.

He said yesterday that he got to do some "really cool" work at Henson studios, which leads me to imply that he`s excited for Monday.

Sturgill is current but he’s not “modern”.  Country is roots music, and has a lot of blues in its old stuff. Cash would be another possibility. 

glad he’s excited, it’s cool to see some instrumentation on the voice 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Jordan said it was something really cool, it's not likely to be classic country 😋 He'd be better off with the Stapleton/Isbel/DBY variety, anyway, or taking a rockish song and countryfying it. He sorta did that with Fleetwood Mac.

• Like 1

Also, in that same IG story there`s his lyrics sheet, but it was too blurry to see anything. Somebody actually told me they used zoom and they figured he might be doing "Rose Colored Glasses" by John Colee due to identifying a few consecutive words that belong to the song. And yes, it`s classic country.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Also, in that same IG story there`s his lyrics sheet, but it was too blurry to see anything. Somebody actually told me they used zoom and they figured he might be doing "Rose Colored Glasses" by John Colee due to identifying a few consecutive words that belong to the song. And yes, it`s classic country.

🤣

OK, I'm going to pray that Jordan will spice it up a LOT with his guitar and gravel! (It's not a bad song, but it's really old school country, isn't it?)

P.S. Blake is going for the jugular....

Edited by monkshood

1 minute ago, monkshood said:

🤣

OK, I'm going to pray that Jordan will spice it up a LOT with his guitar and gravel! (It's not a bad song, but it's really old school country, isn't it?)

P.S. Blake is going for the jugular....

It seems like he or TPTB are trying to take votes away from Kenzie. Whether it works or not depends to be seen.

It`s a great song, but yeah, I`m a bit dissappointed considering I wanted to hear more guitar shreding, but I think it could give him a bit of a moment if he does it right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Hmmm.....

Oh, well. It’s all going to come down to the instant save anyway. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think it all depends on Corey’s IS song. 

Yeah, we`ll have to see what they give him.

I definitely find it interesting that they are making Jordan go country though. Probably to give Kenzie competition and Cam the win. 

And now that Jordan got the country ballad, I don`t even know if Kenzie will get one. 

Edited by Misirlou

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I definitely find it interesting that they are making Jordan go country though. Probably to give Kenzie competition and Cam the win. 

Jordan auditioned with a country song (that he has a cover of on his ig), and regularly does country as part of his live sets. I don’t think they are “making him go country”. He’s a roots artist, country is part of that.

Old school country also isn’t one type of country Cash, Haggard are also classic country. Rose colored glasses is one type of classic country.

That said, while I like the song, I don’t like it for Jordan. He’s not really a ballad singer. As Audra said though, it’s all about the IS anyways.

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Jordan auditioned with a country song (that he has a cover of on his ig), and regularly does country as part of his live sets. I don’t think they are “making him go country”. He’s a roots artist, country is part of that.

Old school country also isn’t one type of country Cash, Haggard are also classic country. Rose colored glasses is one type of classic country.

That said, while I like the song, I don’t like it for Jordan. He’s not really a ballad singer. As Audra said though, it’s all about the IS anyways.

I think I expressed myself wrongly. I meant as in "given a country ballad", which I something I expected to be given to Kenzie. (I don`t even know if he`s getting one now). Yeah, I saw Jordan cover his audition song on a YT video that I posted on the first page of this very thread, he`s definitely comfortable with it, and he said he was open to everything, including country,  to Blake. (That might have activated the light bulb on Blake`s head to save him).

But yeah, since he`s not getting the vote over Cam, we`ll have to see how the IS goes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It seems like he or TPTB are trying to take votes away from Kenzie. Whether it works or not depends to be seen.

It`s a great song, but yeah, I`m a bit dissappointed considering I wanted to hear more guitar shreding, but I think it could give him a bit of a moment if he does it right. 

Welp, I'm curious to hear what you think of his version, since it's relatively straight up. I'm a little disappointed, but it IS an improvement over the original since it's Jordan's voice. I'll be playing it over and over again, anyway. It'll be interesting to see how it plays with the wider audience.

But since it's a foregone conclusion that he's headed for the IS, Blake and TPTB may just be wanting to show that his voice is suitable for country, and the IS song will be the key to his fate.

P.S. I watched his story with Pete. Very enlightening, particularly about the show itself, along with his friendship w/Pete. And Ol' Red.

Edited by monkshood

2 hours ago, monkshood said:

Welp, I'm curious to hear what you think of his version, since it's relatively straight up. I'm a little disappointed, but it IS an improvement over the original since it's Jordan's voice. I'll be playing it over and over again, anyway. It'll be interesting to see how it plays with the wider audience.

He sounds great, his tone really stands out to me here. But I don`t think this will do anything for him really, especially with Kenzie getting a song in a similar realm. He needed to rock out tonight. 

We already know Cam is getting the vote tonight either way, so  tomorrow`s Instant Save song is what matters.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He sounds great, his tone really stands out to me here. But I don`t think this will do anything for him really, especially with Kenzie getting a song in a similar realm. He needed to rock out tonight. 

We already know Cam is getting the vote tonight either way, so  tomorrow`s Instant Save song is what matters.

Yup. This really isn't about Jordan on The Voice. It's a foregone conclusion that Cam/Kenzie will win. This is about Jordan's future as an artist. Blake really likes him, and this song is to shore up his country bonafides, that's all. Also, he is playing guitar tonight--a $4000 Gibson that the show loaned him (and which he hopes to steal 😆).

Also, both he and Pete have already been contacted by Ol' Red management, so Blake is taking care of his children, as always. I always figured that the reason Jordan "chose" a country song for his blind was because he wanted to be on Team Blake. He's at the point where he's ready to go home. I don't think he expected to win the show, but to put himself out to a bigger audience and make contacts.

Oh, and the whole Kelly dustup *was* an editing trick.

And you, my dear, are a spy. Or you have a close friend who is one. I will never doubt you. 😇

• Like 1