Jordan Matthew Young Fan Thread

Misirlou

I thought Jordan gave a solid performance, but the hard country fans are not happy that Ethan lost. Jordan seemed a little awkward on stage, and I get your comment about his smiling -- it added to the awkwardness.

My guess, going forward, is that Jordan will be performing more "new" country, to appease the gods.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I've made a voting method graphic for Jordan! Bk already made one but I've made this my own as I've included my artworks for him on the show. The middle artwork will be posted on my thread by today or tomorrow! Get ready to vote for this man! Really hope he gets to be with his guitar for the lives 🤞🏻

20210506-142833-0003.png

also, made a digital vector artwork for team blake as a group!

Untitled57-20210507002535.png

• Like 2

I know I'm a lone wolf here in liking Jordan and his tone, but I'm accustomed to being off the mainline in this forum. I've listened to his playoff song several times, and IMO it's a damn good version. It ain't Fleetwood Mac's version, that's for sure. It's a soulful, country rock version, twang and all, and you can hear the guitar quite clearly (I assume it's his guitar-playing). It's also very emotional with a big ending. I hope it puts him through. It's not the cookie-cutter screechy belting songs that are so common today, or full of runs (ever wonder why they call it runs? 🤪). It's just a good, strong vocal.

JMO.

• Like 1

Best video comment from YT on Jordan's performance:

Jordan making that guitar sing a duet with him. Love his lower register. He sets a swampy vibe and sings us thru the marshes. This is lowkey amazing, those wails. Wow.

• Like 1

They don't need to clear a path for Cam. He pretty much has his lane locked up.

Jordan may be a threat to Kenzie only because he does have a bit of a twang and, based on his comments the other night, is into bluegrass, blues, soul and country. But this show tends to pick based on coach instead of talent, even in the finale. They have a tendency to ensure that there's one contestant from each coach, which ticks me off. So while Jordan is not likely to make the finals, he still has a chance to make the semis.

15 hours ago, monkshood said:

Personally, I'd love to hear Jordan sing Nobody to Blame by Chris Stapleton.

It would definitely fit him, and there`s chance to show some guitar playing there as well.

Skynyrd would also fit him very well.

• Like 1