QK's top 50 songs of 2020!

QueenKalie

38. If I'm Being Honest - Kaitlyn Bristowe

Apparently Kaitlyn was on the Bachelorette I did not know this as I don't watch this show but I found that out after I Googled her.  This is one of those songs that Spotify played after I went through my whole playlist and I liked it well enough to add it my list. I don't know if she was a singer before the Bachelorette or if she is trying her luck in there after she built a fan base through that show but either way I do like this song so I added it to my list. 

37. Loved Me That Way - Lauren Duski

Lauren has one of the strongest and prettiest voices out there for sure. She has as a way of really nailing and connecting with the super sad songs and this is one of those songs so that's why I added it. I would like to see if Lauren in the future try to do a little more upbeat songs to see if she can do just as well on those songs as she does on the sad songs. 

36. Sugar Coat - Little Big Town

Little Big Town is a country group comprised of 2 girls and 2 guys and they have been together since 1998 with no changes made to the group. Groups break up all the time so it's pretty impressive that they have managed to stay together unchanged all this time. They have had some big successes with songs like Girl Crush, Better Man etc. Sugar Coat is not one of their big songs and is a lesser streamed songs from their latest album but I really like the song so I added it to my list!  

Tenile Arts and Little Big Town here? Taste!

Also, Lauren Duski, the winner of S12 being here. ❤️ She's pretty much the only Voice contestant whose career I follow, and every song she's released is great. Although I too would like to hear some uptempo songs from her; she's sung enough about her grandpa. :haha: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Tenile Arts and Little Big Town here? Taste!

Also, Lauren Duski, the winner of S12 being here. ❤️ She's pretty much the only Voice contestant whose career I follow, and every song she's released is great. Although I too would like to hear some uptempo songs from her; she's sung enough about her grandpa. :haha: 

Glad we are on the same wave length with all this stuff!

35. Unwell - Taylor Acorn Cover

This is the only cover song on my list and the reason this appealed to me so much is that in encompassed 2 things that I love, a female country singer singing an early 2000s rockish song. She did a good job making it totally sound country so I thought that was cool and I have listened to some of her other covers as that seems to be her thing. This was the only one that stood out to me from the covers that I have listened to so far though. 

34. Put Me Back Together - Caitlyn Smith

Caitlyn Smith is another person I wasn't familiar with until Spotify introduced me to her recently. I do really like this song though I think it's absolutely fantastic, I haven't gotten around to listening to any of her other songs though but I really should because if they are as good as this song then it's definitely worth checking out. I just looked at her Wiki page and she has some impressive writing credits having written songs for Meghan Trainor, Rascal Flats, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks, Lady A and 2 of my all time favorite singers Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery. The song she wrote for Danielle was Wild Boys which wasn't one of my favorites of hers and she wrote Cassadee's most successful song Wasting All These Tears. That is one of my favorite songs so it's cool to see that she had writing credits for that song.  

33. Letter - Kyndal Inskeep

At the start of 2020 Kyndal said she was gonna release a new song every month. Letter was the first song that she released and one of only 2 songs that ended up getting released at all. I don't know if corona messed with her schedule or if lack of financing or other issues affected this but we only got 2 songs and this was the only good song song out of the 2 of them. This is one of my most listened to songs of the year largely because it came out in January and I do genuinely enjoy this song.

32. Same Old Story - Olivia Lane

Olivia Lane is a female country singer who I discovered in 2019 and was on my list. She has a bunch of songs that I really enjoy and this is one of them. I also love watching his insta stories as they either feature her first cat that she just adopted not too long ago or they involve jokes about why she is always single. Watching her feed it's no real mystery why she is single despite being really pretty but the stories are fun to watch at least so I appreciate that. 

31. Good Things Fall Apart - Alana Springsteen

Alana Springsteen is another of the singers that I discovered this year because of Spotify. Spotify has really good taste for the most part. :giggle:It didn't take long for me to fall in love with Alana's music as it is 100% my type of music. Reading his bio I noticed that she sang the National Anthem for the Chicago Cubs. While I don't pay much attention to the Nation Anthem generally but the Cubs are my #1 sports team and really the sports team that I follow religiously. So that combines 2 things that I love so obviously I am here for that. 

11 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

You weren't familiar with Caitlyn Smith before? She has several great ones in addition to Put Me Back Together:

Nope I am afraid not that was my first introduction to her. I will check those out though. 

30. Things I Can't Say - Julia Cole, Spencer Crandall

Julia is someone that I have liked for awhile now and have included her in both of my yearly rankings. Julia had released a couple songs in 2020 and this duet with Spencer Crandall was my favorite song out of the few songs that she released.  

29. Till There's Nothing Left - Cam

Cam I first heard of because of Burning House duh of course I know that song. This is another great song by her as well. She has a strong voice and while I think there are probably bigger Cam fans on this forum I do enjoy a few of her songs at least!

28. wAnt me back - Lindsay Ell

Lindsay is making her second appearance on this years set of rankings.  Obviously I like her as I included her twice in this ranking and I think she made an appearance in the first one as well. I seen her in concert and she brings the rock edge to go along with the country that I do like in my singers. 

27. Untouchable - Jana Kramer

Jana Kramer is a singer / actress and I would be lying if I said I had watched any of her acting roles. Apparently she is most known for being in One Tree Hill but that's a show  that I could never get into even though I do really like Sophia Bush. Okay the wiki had informed me that she was in Friday Night Lights which is one of my all time favorite tv shows so now I am a little embarrassed. Her role in that show wasn't the biggest in the world though so I will forgive myself for not knowing that lol.  She did really well on Dancing with the Stars as well which is another show I don't watch but I am sure @*Chris was probably rooting for her on there.  I did know of her from her bigger songs like I Got the Boy and Why Ya Wanna so I wasn't completely oblivious to her prior to this but really only knew her as a singer. I would say that this is my favorite song of hers even though I do like a lot of previous songs as well. 

26. Lying to Myself - Kalie Shorr

Kalie is obviously my Queen as I named my IDF username and one of my twitter accounts after her so obviously she is gonna appear often in all these rankings as long as she keeps making music which she should be able to do now that she has an actual record label. She has released a couple of new songs with her new label and this is one of them. 

25. Girls In My Hometown - Danielle Bradbery

Obviously anyone that knows me or follows any of my lists knows that I love Danielle Bradbery so it won't be a surprise to see her on the list so she makes her first appearance on the list at #25 with Girls In My Hometown. I was hoping 2020 was going to be the year that she released her last album but instead of that we got a couple singles so maybe 2021 will be the year that we get the album hopefully. 

24. I Don't Need To Know - Maddie & Tae

Maddie & Tae are female duo who met and became good friends back in high school since they had the same vocal coach. Too bad Fifi isn't around to appreciate my Maddie & Tae rankings since I know they were one of his favorites and for good reason because they have some really good songs. 

23. Lightning In A Bottle - Carly Pearce

I checked the other day to see what my most listened to song of 2020 was and i was a little surprised that was #1 there. Don't get me wrong I like Carly a lot and I do like this song of course but I wouldn't say it's even my favorite Carly song but I do use shuffle most of the time so I guess spotify just prefers this one the most lol. 

22. Make You Mine - Cassadee Pope, Tyron Hapi, Jordie Ireland

I have no idea who Tyron & Jordie are but I guess this is their song and Cassadee provided the vocals for the song. It's a good song and Cassadee did a great job with it so it makes the list! 

21. Eyes- Allegra Miles

Allegra was on the awful season 18 of The Voice. This season was during the pandemic and they had the first half filmed before the pandemic but the pandemic affected their live shows. Instead of singing from the studio they performed from their house and the sound quality and the live performances were greatly affected and no one sounded good then really. Allegra was the only one that I thought had any potential and after she released this song that confirmed my belief in her that she has the potential to a great singer.