QK's top 50 songs of 2020!

QueenKalie

I did this for 2019 so I figured I would do this for 2020 as well. I haven't started on it yet and I have no list or anything like that but I will browse through my playlists and come up with something soon! Just like 2019 I discovered a bunch of new artists that I wasn't familiar with so there will be a bunch of new names that weren't on the list in 2019 so that's good. There will be a lot of returning names as well so a good mix of the two is nice. I would say the majority of songs are most likely to be country with pop as the next major group followed by maybe a couple songs from other genres. I went with 50 songs last year and a couple of honorable mentions I am not sure if that's how I am going to go about it again this year or if I am going to change things around I guess it will depend on how many songs I wanna include on this list.

Here is a link to the 2019 list including the number #1 overall song from 2019 "If My Heart Had a Heart" By Cassadee Pope. Will she be able to repeat as #1, stay tuned to find out!

Edited by QueenKalie

QK's Top 50 songs of 2020. 

Here's the full playlist of all the songs. 

1. Another Life - Tenille Arts
2. My Voice - Kalie Shorr
3. love and hate - Kelsea Ballerini
4. Meant to be - Gracee Shriver
5. The Stranger - Ingrid Andress
6. Never Have I Ever - Danielle Bradbery
7. Let Me Go - Cassadee Pope
8. Love Her Again - Maddie Walker
9. I'll Still Love You - Abby Anderson
10. Think About You - Alana Springsteen, Filmore
11. Somebody Like That - Tenille Arts
12. You Kissed Me First - Carly Pearce
13. Lay Here With Me - Maddie & Tae, Dierks Bentley
14. play w/ me - Bailey Bryan
15. Living Instead - Olivia Lane
16. Small Town Hypocrite - Caylee Hammack
17. What Are You Gonna Tell Her - Mickey Guyton
18. Seeing Other People - MacKenzie Porter
19. Life of the Party - Ingrid Andress
20. Half of my hometown - Kelsea Ballerini, Kenny Chesney
21. Eyes- Allegra Miles
22. Make You Mine - Cassadee Pope
23. Lightning In A Bottle - Carly Pearce
24. I Don't Need To Know - Maddie & Tae
25. Girls In My Hometown - Danielle Bradbery
26. Lying to Myself - Kalie Shorr
27. Untouchable - Jana Kramer
28. wAnt me back - Lindsay Ell
29. Till There's Nothing Left - Cam
30. Things I Can't Say - Julia Cole, Spencer Crandall
31. Good Things Fall Apart - Alana Springsteen
32. Same Old Story - Olivia Lane
33. Letter - Kyndal Inskeep
34. Put Me Back Together - Caitlyn Smith
35. Unwell - Taylor Acorn Cover
36. Sugar Coat - Little Big Town
37. Loved Me That Way - Lauren Duski
38. If I'm Being Honest - Kaitlyn Bristowe
39. Out of It - Kalie Shorr
40. Rain - Gracee Shriver,Swon Brothers
41. Hopeless- Kassi Ashton
42. la - Kelsea Ballerini
43. We Go Together Like - Abby Anderson
44. Innocent - Gracee Shriver
45. body language of a breakup Lindsay Ell
46. Right Guy Wrong Time - Tenille Arts
47. Wrong Direction - Hailee Steinfeld
48. Geppetto - Jacquie Lee
49. Homesick - Whitney Duncan
50. hole in the bottle - Kelsea Ballerini

Edited by QueenKalie

• 1 month later...
  • QueenKalie changed the title to QK's top 50 songs of 2020!

Gonna start with some honorary mentions first! I am not gonna spend much time talking about these songs but I will link their spotify links. 2 of these people didn't make the top 50 this year but they were on the list last year, (Emily Ann Roberts, Lauren Alaina) while the others do have song(s) in the top 50.

White Pearls - Julia Cole 

In My Veins - Lauren Alaina

Run - Lauren Alaina 

Game Over - Gracee Shriver

Steal Your Girl - Bailey Bryan

How The Car's Running - Emily Ann Roberts

Okay before I post the top 50 I wanted to post some fun facts. 37 people (duos and groups count as 1 person) appear in the top 50, some people only appeared in duets with others.  23 people who didn't appear on last years list appeared on this list, some of these people I was familiar with before this year but they just didn't qualify last year, a lot of these people are new people that I didn't know till this year. It's always cool to discover new artists, this year I would say the most common way I discovered new artists was after my playlist on spotify was over Spotify would choose the songs and they picked similar songs and some of those people I didn't know but would always give them a chance, some were hits and some were misses. The most popular genre is obviously country especially the female country singers but there is some Pop and some R&B as well.  Alright enough stalling the next posts will be songs from 50 to 46. 

Edited by QueenKalie

50.  hole in the bottle - Kelsea Ballerini with Shania Twain

Fun fact about this song is that it originally wasn't on the list but I had a song on this list twice instead and I only noticed this mistake as I went to post the list on here  so I had to add a song and decided on adding this song because it's just a fun / funny song. It's no masterpiece of course but I feel like Kelsea and Shania probably had a lot of fun recording it at least and it's just fun to listen to from time to time. 

49.  Homesick - Whitney Duncan

Whitney Duncan is someone that I am familiar with because she was on Survivor. A lot of the country singers that I listen to are more poppy but Whitney is definitely more of the traditional country. She released a couple songs at the end of 2020 and released an EP in January of 2021. This was one of the songs released in 2020. 

Edited by QueenKalie

48. Geppetto - Jacquie Lee

Jacquie Lee is one of my all time favorite The Voice contestants so I have been following her since she's been on The Voice which was a while ago.  I do prefer Jacquie's more poppy songs as opposed to a lot of her newer stuff but I do enjoy this song well enough. 

47. Wrong Direction - Hailee Steinfeld

Hailee is pretty famous actress and she's incredible at that so that's where I first heard of her. She sings a little bit on the side and some of it is a little bit of hit or miss with me but I do enjoy this song so I added it. It was one of the first songs released this year as I think she released it on New Years day.

46. Right Guy Wrong Time - Tenille Arts

Tenille is someone that I just discovered at the start of 2020. She is in the top 3 most listened to artists of mine in 2020 along with Kelsea Ballerini and Kalie Shorr. Tenille is great and I can't wait to see her and a bunch of my over favorites when I go to Nashville in June. This is a lesser favorite song of mine and her other songs are gonna be higher ranked.

45. body language of a breakup Lindsay Ell

Lindsay Ell is one of a few Canadian country singers that I listen to. I didn't realize Canada had such a love for Country music but I guess it does and so that's cool. What I like about Lindsay is that she incorporates rock and pop into her country music. Some of my other favorites like Kalie and Cassadee also do that and that definitely appeals to me. 

44. Innocent - Gracee Shriver

Gracee was on one of the more recent seasons of the Voice and she got eliminated during the Live Playoff Rounds. Honestly I think she was overlooked and should have went a lot further. She released a couple of songs in 2020 and they were all really good and I have a couple more songs of her on this list besides Innocent. 

43. We Go Together Like - Abby Anderson

I don't really remember how I heard about Abby but I like a couple of her songs. She's a fellow Texan which is a plus.  I think this is latest song and it's a good one just like all of the songs that I have listened to of hers lately. 

42. la - Kelsea Ballerini

Kelsea is obviously one of the bigger names as far as female country singers go at least.  It's  really hard for any female country singer to have success so it's good to see that Kelsea has been able to have some success at least. LA was a song that she released at the start of 2020. It's not my favorite Kelsea song this year there's a couple that I liked more but I do like La well enough.

41. Hopeless- Kassi Ashton

Kassi is someone that I discovered in 2019 as I went to a mini festival that had only female country singers it was fantastic. So I have liked Kassi ever since then. Kassi released a couple singles in 2020 but Hopeless was really the only that stood out to me and that I liked. 

40. Rain - Gracee Shriver featuring the Swon Brothers

I am just as shocked as everyone else that the Swon Brothers made the top 50, now grant it Gracee does more singing then they do and they only made the list because she does a great job with this song but it's still weird that they are on the list at all. Gracee is going on tour with The Swon Brothers soon which I am going to assume is her first ever real tour but I could be wrong on that. But congrats to her anyways going on tour even if it's with the Swon Brothers is still an important milestone! Also what a great song cover picture this is! 

39. Out of It - Kalie Shorr

After her widely acclaimed Open Book Album was released in 2019 Kalie went in search of a label to pick her up. None of the Nashville labels were interested in singing another female country singer to their label because they are sexist pos. Kalie was able to find a New York Label to sign her and with them she has released a couple of singles and they rereleased her Open Book masterpiece.  Most of the songs were the same songs but they added a couple of songs to the album. One of the songs was Out of It. Not my favorite song on the Album but it's still a good song I think as is the whole album really.