The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (FINAL FOUR POSTED)

VintageVoice

Next batch of hints! Yet again, the order of the hints doesn't guarantee placement order. Two of these can be found via Wikipedia while two have been made slightly trickierl 

• This contestant was the first member of their team that the audience met.
  • This contestant's coach made a potentially controversial call by advancing them past the battles.
  • This contestant took an unexpected journey with their coach.
  • This contestant had arguably the biggest difference in sound between rounds.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like ryan probably less than you, and larriah and marisa more than you (marisa would probably be top 10 or top 7 maybe for me). i think i agree with all of your favorite performances, except for ryan b.'s, because i didn't really like any of his performances LOL. im excited to see the hints!

40. Payton Lamar

39. Van Andrew

38. Aaron Scott

37. Skylar Alyvia Mayton

36. JusJon

35. John Sullivan

34. Tanner Gomes

33. Tori Miller

32. Sam Stacy

31. Eli Zamora

30. Emmalee

29. Lain Roy

28. Liam St. John

27. Olivia Reyes

26. Rio Souma

25. Worth the Wait

24. Ben Allen

23. John Holiday

22. Joseph Soul

21. Casme

20. James Pyle

19. Ryan Berg

18. Marisa Corvo

17. Larriah Jackson

• Thanks 1

• This contestant was the first member of their team that the audience met. It can be Tamara Jade, Lauren Frihauf, or Ian Flanigan. I am leaning towards Lauren.
  • This contestant's coach made a potentially controversial call by advancing them past the battles. Bailey Rae?
  • This contestant took an unexpected journey with their coach. ??
  • This contestant had arguably the biggest difference in sound between rounds. ??

1 minute ago, David68 said:
  • This contestant was the first member of their team that the audience met. It can be Tamara Jade, Lauren Frihauf, or Ian Flanigan. I am leaning towards Lauren.
  • This contestant's coach made a potentially controversial call by advancing them past the battles. Bailey Rae?
  • This contestant took an unexpected journey with their coach. ??
  • This contestant had arguably the biggest difference in sound between rounds. ??

Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Next batch of hints! Yet again, the order of the hints doesn't guarantee placement order. Two of these can be found via Wikipedia while two have been made slightly trickierl 

• This contestant's coach made a potentially controversial call by advancing them past the battles.
  • Ian Flanigan? The other options are Tamara and Lauren, and I think Lauren fits with the other clue and I think Ian will be placed lower than Tamara.
  • Bailey Rae? I can see her being placed here and I think her win to Sid was probably controversial.
  • Taryn Papa? There are several I see working for this one, and I also find the phrasing "took an unexpected journey" a little odd, I'm not sure if I'm meant to take it literally, but I didn't, and instead went with Taryn's unexpected win in the KOs. This technically wasn't with her coach, though, so it could be Madeline Consoer or Jim Ranger, my other top three options, but there are still more that seem to work!
  • Lauren Frihauf? I don't think she'd be placed higher and her KO + BA sounded VERY different than her battle.

10 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Clue 1: Lauren/Tamara/Ian are the options, but I think Lauren would be Clue 4. My gut's telling me it's Ian Flanigan

Clue 2: Could be Chloe or Bailey, but Bailey seems likely to be clue 3, so I'm choosing Chloe Hogan

Clue 3: Bailey Rae seems likely.

Clue 4: Definitely Lauren Frihauf

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Clue 1: Lauren/Tamara/Ian are the options, but I think Lauren would be Clue 4. My gut's telling me it's Ian Flanigan

Clue 2: Could be Chloe or Bailey, but Bailey seems likely to be clue 3, so I'm choosing Chloe Hogan

right! bailey seems like it for clue 3, but i think that she's more likely to be clue 2, cause there are so many options for clue 3. i'm curious to see who's right (if either of us!)

in all honesty, bailey seems like the best option for both clue 2 and clue 3 imo.

Edited by QueenCami

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:
  • Ian Flanigan? The other options are Tamara and Lauren, and I think Lauren fits with the other clue and I think Ian will be placed lower than Tamara.
  • Bailey Rae? I can see her being placed here and I think her win to Sid was probably controversial.
  • Taryn Papa? There are several I see working for this one, and I also find the phrasing "took an unexpected journey" a little odd, I'm not sure if I'm meant to take it literally, but I didn't, and instead went with Taryn's unexpected win in the KOs. This technically wasn't with her coach, though, so it could be Madeline Consoer or Jim Ranger, my other top three options, but there are still more that seem to work!
  • Lauren Frihauf? I don't think she'd be placed higher and her KO + BA sounded VERY different than her battle.

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Ian Flanigan

Bailey Rae

Ryan Gallagher? Taryn Papa? Idk

Kelsie Watts

Just now, FloorWax said:

Chicago Pd Nbc GIF by One Chicago

(I will say there's someone in this group that's gotten at least two right, stay tuned to see who it is - I won't post the next batch just yet given the hints just went up and it's 1:15 AM here for me and I need to sleep)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don’t see how Chloé matches the second clue tbh, how was her moving past battles controversial other than people thirsting for Lain lol? With that particular description of a clue it’s phrased perfectly for Bailey imo

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

1. Ian Flanigan (first member of Team Blake)
  2. Chloé Hogan (Lain Roy had a phenomenal BA and was considered a Team Gwen frontrunner)
  3. Bailey Rae (country artist with an R&B/soul coach?)
  4. Lauren Frihauf (okay BA, phenomenal battle, and floppy KO performance)
  • Like 1

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I don’t see how Chloé matches the second clue tbh, how was her moving past battles controversial other than people thirsting for Lain lol? With that particular description of a clue it’s phrased perfectly for Bailey imo

I recall many people being upset that Lain was gone in battles. Its not really that Chloe moving forward was controversial, but more on Lain going home was. I know Bailey matches up a bit better but she seemed very fitting for the third clue as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I recall many people being upset that Lain was gone in battles. Its not really that Chloe moving forward was controversial, but more on Lain going home was. I know Bailey matches up a bit better but she seemed very fitting for the third clue as well.

Did you read the TVLine article for that night of battles? The author was super mad that Gwen let go of a "potential winner". I'm sure that sentiment was shared by many of the viewers as well. Clearly Gwen knew what she was doing since she ended up winning the season with Carter lol 😂

https://tvline.com/2020/11/10/the-voice-recap-jim-ranger-desz-battles/ (Read the comments as well 😬)

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

🚨🚨RANKINGS ROUND 6 - RETURN OF THE RANKING 🚨🚨

20. James Pyle (Team Legend --> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-James-Py

Explanation  We kick off the return of the rank with the final artist to join the season 19 cast. James' audition may have been the last one to air and he may have been relatively new to the stage (he admitted to having performed just a few times before trying out for the show) but he showed off a strong stage presence and ended up being a high note to close out the blind auditions. He even earned an 81% turn rate from the audience, which is ridiculously high for someone that shows up late in the game. His battle paired him against a four-chair turn; though I wish the battle had given both him and Cami more individual chances to shine, their harmonies were gorgeous and his steal was definitely not undeserved. However, his knockout was shaky enough for him to be short-clipped and he didn't make the live shows. Since the show, James has dropped a single that you can stream on Spotify here.

Hint:  This contestant found that making the live shows wasn't in their blood. ( James sang In My Blood in the knockouts and lost to Ian Flanigan.)

Montage/Leak: His knockout was short-clipped and his battle was leaked.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Watermelon Sugar (blind audition)

19. Ryan Berg (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ryan-Ber

Explanation  While we're waiting on the world to change and quarantine to end, we got to hear Ryan's rendition of the John Mayer hit in his blind - with backing vocals temporarily provided by Blake Shelton, as the country coach was singing along during the audition. Alas, the cowboy didn't turn and with John blocked, he defaulted to Team Gwen. In his battle, I preferred Liam over him since I found Liam more interesting, but I can see the appeal of Ryan's voice and why Gwen picked him; I am of the camp that had Ryan vs. Liam been in the first battle taping instead of the last battle filmed, both men could've advanced. Also, confession time: I wouldn't have minded Ryan being a knockout steal. That said, considering how the steals ended up working out, there's nobody I'd have wanted him to replace of the three stolen artists whose spot could have gone to him. After his time on the show, Ryan has posted at least one original song to YouTube - I linked the Instagram version of it here as that's what his Twitter redirected me to.

Hint:   This contestant got a coach to sing along with them at one point. ( Blake was singing along to part of Ryan's audition song.)

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Soul/Rock

Favorite Performance: Makin' Me Look Good Again (knockout)

18. Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Marisa-C

Explanation  Ah, Marisa, the resident pot-stirrer of Season 19. I am a massive sucker for Pink's discography, so Marisa's audition ended up being one of my favorites of the season because of that. Marisa's powerful voice once again shined in her battle with a heck of a song to cover because not only is Celine Dion a beast of a vocalist, it was also a song that Kelly covered during her run on American Idol. Luckily for Marisa, the other coaches unanimously picked her as the winner of the battle, and Kelly took her to the knockouts. In the knockouts, Marisa went up against Tanner in Kelly's most WTF pairup of the season; she sang Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" and was shaky at the beginning vocally but ended it well, but it wasn't enough to move her on. No big deal, right, because that happens...unless you're Marisa and you take Kelly's promise of getting to the finale seriously. Cue Twitter meltdown after her knockout aired. It's been covered extensively elsewhere on IDF but the TL;DR is that she threw a lot of shade at Kelly and Tanner despite Tanner being nothing but complimentary towards her when people complained that she lost because they thought Marisa outsold him. Since her Twitter rampage, Marisa has gotten Instagram-verified, done some apartment hunting in New York, and performed with a drag variety show the other day. Best of luck to Marisa with wherever her musical career takes her.

Hint:  This contestant may have picked a different coach if they could turn back time. ( This is a nod not only to Marisa's knockout song but also to her bashing of Kelly's decision after the episode aired.)

Montage/Leak: She was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: I Surrender (battle round)

17. Larriah Jackson (Team Blake --> Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Larriah-

Explanation Larriah is last up on this set and is one of the youngest solo vocalists to appear so far, having been just 15 when she auditioned for the show. Despite being short-clipped in her audition, the bit that we did get to hear demonstrated plenty of potential and a pretty tone; one chair is all it takes, and Gwen loves working with young artists so this was a good match. In her battle with fellow teen Carter, Larriah showed off a vocal so controlled and polished that I was surprised she had, given we'd barely seen and heard her up to this point. Though it turned out that Gwen ultimately made the right call by advancing Carter, saving Larriah was a solid choice even if I thought based just off the battle that she had the upper hand. In the 4-way Knockout, Larriah's vocals struggled a bit, though I think at least a bit of that may have been song choice - Adele is tricky even for most people twice Larriah's age. Though Larriah ultimately didn't advance, she did get to appear in both of the Top 20 performances, so I guess that balances things out somewhat. After her exit from the show, Larriah has posted some covers to her Instagram; check out her cover of "Stand Up" from The Color Purple here.

Hint:  This contestant was paired with or against one of the top 3 artists this season. ( Larriah sang against Carter in her battle round; Carter went on to win the season.)

Montage/Leak: Her audition was short-clipped and she was not leaked at any point.

Genre: R&B/Pop

Favorite Performance: Like I'm Gonna Lose You (battle round)

I would have had Marisa and Larriah a little higher, but otherwise no complaints. 🙂

9 hours ago, jarmon said:

Clue 4: Lauren Frihauf 😭 crying cause she was my favorite, loved all her performances :wub:

ahhhh SAME! i know most people didn't love her BA but i loved it! it was one of my favorites! her KO was shaky so im at peace with her getting out there but she could have gotten a steal imo

10 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Marisa went up against Tanner in Kelly's most WTF pairup of the season

S19 KOs were 3 months ago but I'm still mad about it. Kelly should've done:

• Madeline vs. Tanner (country artists - Maddie would've annihilated Tanner imo)
  • Kelsie vs. Marisa (pop artists - this could've gone either way imo)

Kelly's pairings absolutely made no sense and, despite that, a lot of people on IDF are predicting S20 KO pairings for Team Kelly that logically make sense. 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

S19 KOs were 3 months ago but I'm still mad about it. Kelly should've done:

• Madeline vs. Tanner (country artists - Maddie would've annihilated Tanner imo)
  • Kelsie vs. Marisa (pop artists - this could've gone either way imo)

Kelly's pairings absolutely made no sense and, despite that, a lot of people on IDF are predicting S20 KO pairings for Team Kelly that logically make sense. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Maybe Marisa wouldn’t have been that salty if she lost to Kelsie or Desz, she probably thought Kelly was doing her a favor by throwing Tanner at her lmaoo

These folks really need to watch the show beforehand to know what they’re signing up for lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

🚨🚨RANKINGS ROUND 6 - RETURN OF THE RANKING 🚨🚨

20. James Pyle (Team Legend --> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-James-Py

Explanation  We kick off the return of the rank with the final artist to join the season 19 cast. James' audition may have been the last one to air and he may have been relatively new to the stage (he admitted to having performed just a few times before trying out for the show) but he showed off a strong stage presence and ended up being a high note to close out the blind auditions. He even earned an 81% turn rate from the audience, which is ridiculously high for someone that shows up late in the game. His battle paired him against a four-chair turn; though I wish the battle had given both him and Cami more individual chances to shine, their harmonies were gorgeous and his steal was definitely not undeserved. However, his knockout was shaky enough for him to be short-clipped and he didn't make the live shows. Since the show, James has dropped a single that you can stream on Spotify here.

Hint:  This contestant found that making the live shows wasn't in their blood. ( James sang In My Blood in the knockouts and lost to Ian Flanigan.)

Montage/Leak: His knockout was short-clipped and his battle was leaked.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Watermelon Sugar (blind audition)

19. Ryan Berg (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ryan-Ber

Explanation  While we're waiting on the world to change and quarantine to end, we got to hear Ryan's rendition of the John Mayer hit in his blind - with backing vocals temporarily provided by Blake Shelton, as the country coach was singing along during the audition. Alas, the cowboy didn't turn and with John blocked, he defaulted to Team Gwen. In his battle, I preferred Liam over him since I found Liam more interesting, but I can see the appeal of Ryan's voice and why Gwen picked him; I am of the camp that had Ryan vs. Liam been in the first battle taping instead of the last battle filmed, both men could've advanced. Also, confession time: I wouldn't have minded Ryan being a knockout steal. That said, considering how the steals ended up working out, there's nobody I'd have wanted him to replace of the three stolen artists whose spot could have gone to him. After his time on the show, Ryan has posted at least one original song to YouTube - I linked the Instagram version of it here as that's what his Twitter redirected me to.

Hint:   This contestant got a coach to sing along with them at one point. ( Blake was singing along to part of Ryan's audition song.)

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Soul/Rock

Favorite Performance: Makin' Me Look Good Again (knockout)

18. Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Marisa-C

Explanation  Ah, Marisa, the resident pot-stirrer of Season 19. I am a massive sucker for Pink's discography, so Marisa's audition ended up being one of my favorites of the season because of that. Marisa's powerful voice once again shined in her battle with a heck of a song to cover because not only is Celine Dion a beast of a vocalist, it was also a song that Kelly covered during her run on American Idol. Luckily for Marisa, the other coaches unanimously picked her as the winner of the battle, and Kelly took her to the knockouts. In the knockouts, Marisa went up against Tanner in Kelly's most WTF pairup of the season; she sang Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" and was shaky at the beginning vocally but ended it well, but it wasn't enough to move her on. No big deal, right, because that happens...unless you're Marisa and you take Kelly's promise of getting to the finale seriously. Cue Twitter meltdown after her knockout aired. It's been covered extensively elsewhere on IDF but the TL;DR is that she threw a lot of shade at Kelly and Tanner despite Tanner being nothing but complimentary towards her when people complained that she lost because they thought Marisa outsold him. Since her Twitter rampage, Marisa has gotten Instagram-verified, done some apartment hunting in New York, and performed with a drag variety show the other day. Best of luck to Marisa with wherever her musical career takes her.

Hint:  This contestant may have picked a different coach if they could turn back time. ( This is a nod not only to Marisa's knockout song but also to her bashing of Kelly's decision after the episode aired.)

Montage/Leak: She was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: I Surrender (battle round)

17. Larriah Jackson (Team Blake --> Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Larriah-

Explanation Larriah is last up on this set and is one of the youngest solo vocalists to appear so far, having been just 15 when she auditioned for the show. Despite being short-clipped in her audition, the bit that we did get to hear demonstrated plenty of potential and a pretty tone; one chair is all it takes, and Gwen loves working with young artists so this was a good match. In her battle with fellow teen Carter, Larriah showed off a vocal so controlled and polished that I was surprised she had, given we'd barely seen and heard her up to this point. Though it turned out that Gwen ultimately made the right call by advancing Carter, saving Larriah was a solid choice even if I thought based just off the battle that she had the upper hand. In the 4-way Knockout, Larriah's vocals struggled a bit, though I think at least a bit of that may have been song choice - Adele is tricky even for most people twice Larriah's age. Though Larriah ultimately didn't advance, she did get to appear in both of the Top 20 performances, so I guess that balances things out somewhat. After her exit from the show, Larriah has posted some covers to her Instagram; check out her cover of "Stand Up" from The Color Purple here.

Hint:  This contestant was paired with or against one of the top 3 artists this season. ( Larriah sang against Carter in her battle round; Carter went on to win the season.)

Montage/Leak: Her audition was short-clipped and she was not leaked at any point.

Genre: R&B/Pop

Favorite Performance: Like I'm Gonna Lose You (battle round)

Ryan berg KO was leaked since he went against Payge

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

I've got two job interviews this afternoon and one writeup to go for this batch of contestants, but I'll get round seven (and the clues for round eight) up before I go to sleep tonight.

Good luck on those! Looking forward to the next set! ☺️

• Thanks 1