The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (#8-5 POSTED)

21 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Here's the hints for the final four - and clue order may or may not matter this time.

• This contestant lives in a hotbed for their musical genre of choice.
  • This contestant is the only contestant to have worked with the majority of the panel.
  • This contestant's audition shares one difference from the others in this group.
  • This contestant sang with or against another member of this group at some point.

- Taryn (because The Voice is a hotbed for country???)

- Sid (John, Kelly, Blake)

- Cami (I don't know.... um... it was in the middle of an episode??? Didn't open/close?)

- Desz (against Sid for KO's)

4. Taryn

3. Sid

2. Cami

1. Desz

Edited by FloorWax
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok thanks 

Thanks for showing Julia some respect. 💐   IMO: She didn't get near enough of that during her short run.  In my world view she should have made the finals. 

Write-ups are still in the works, so I'll have round 8 up (along with hints for round 9) in the morning.

27 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Here's the hints for the final four - and clue order may or may not matter this time.

• This contestant is the only contestant to have worked with the majority of the panel.
  • This contestant's audition shares one difference from the others in this group.
  • This contestant sang with or against another member of this group at some point.
  1. Taryn Papa (country artist)
  2. Sid Kingsley (worked with 3 coaches)
  3. Cami Clune ("blocked artist" like Taryn, chose John like Sid, and 4-chair turn like DeSz)
  4. DeSz (paired against Sid during the KO)

The order of the rankings is obviously Taryn at #4 and DeSz at #1. Talk about taste! 🤩

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Cami (I don't know.... um... it was in the middle of an episode??? Didn't open/close?)

Cami was "blocked artist" like Taryn, chose John as her coach like Sid, and she was a 4-chair turn like DeSz 😉

• Like 1
Just now, disney1024 said:

Cami was "blocked artist" like Taryn, chose John as her coach like Sid, and she was a 4-chair turn like DeSz 😉

The clue says shares one difference from the others. You stated her similarities with the others.

Just now, FloorWax said:

The clue says shares one difference from the others. You stated her similarities with the others.

Well, the clue is poorly worded. You can't "share" a difference. If you share a characteristic with someone else, that's a similarity lol 😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

Well, the clue is poorly worded. You can't "share" a difference. If you share a characteristic with someone else, that's a similarity lol 😂

In my defense, I never claimed to be good at English even though it's my native language oops 🤪 I'll go back and change the wording for that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This contestant lives in a hotbed for their musical genre of choice. - Taryn Papa

This contestant is the only contestant to have worked with the majority of the panel. - Sid Kingsley

This contestant's audition shares one difference from the others in this group. - Cami Clune

This contestant sang with or against another member of this group at some point. - DeSz

4 minutes ago, David68 said:

This contestant lives in a hotbed for their musical genre of choice. - Taryn Papa

This contestant is the only contestant to have worked with the majority of the panel. - Sid Kingsley

This contestant's audition shares one difference from the others in this group. - Cami Clune

This contestant sang with or against another member of this group at some point. - DeSz

I agree with this!

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

• This contestant's audition has one difference from the others in this group.

4. Taryn Papa: Being a lady in country is tough [not gonna lie, I had to look up what hotbed means lmao]

3. Sid Kingsley: Worked with John, Kelly, and Blake

2. *Cami Clune: Blake was not a choice for her in the BAs [DeSz is the only one not in Episode 2, but she fits for first] [Sid is the only one who didn't turn Kelly, but he fits for third]

1. DeSz: Went against Sid in the Knockouts.

This order wouldn't be particularly surprising to me, I would have thought you'd put Cami above DeSz, but that's probably because that's what I'd do LOL

*I liked what someone else said about Cami not opening or closing; that's probably more likely to be the reasoning for Cami Clune.

Edited by QueenCami

Working on the write-ups for the last four - I'm gonna get them up before tomorrow's premiere; I'm writing now since I have a bunch of work-related stuff to do tomorrow (I got a job but since it's part time I'm trying to pick up a second one).

• Like 2
1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Working on the write-ups for the last four - I'm gonna get them up before tomorrow's premiere; I'm writing now since I have a bunch of work-related stuff to do tomorrow (I got a job but since it's part time I'm trying to pick up a second one).

Congrats on getting the job! 

unless im misunderstanding your use of "got" and i'm making a fool of myself rn

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

5. Carter Rubin (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Carter-R

Explanation   Picture this: IDF is waiting for more contestant information during the lull between when the Season 19 blinds and battles tape, and someone confirms there's a young male vocalist who got two chairs to turn. A lot of initial predictions write him off as unlikely to do well on the show, given the last teenage boy to make the finale was several seasons ago at this point - and it's been even longer since the lone teen boy winner won the whole shebang. Fast forward to the Friday before episode 3 of the blinds is set to air, and who gets leaked? If your answer is said teenage boy, you'd be correct. Carter was the youngest solo contestant to make the show at just 14 when he auditioned. Said audition showed off an impressive amount of control and polish for someone that young, not to mention a really pretty tone and just the right amount of vibrato to be widely appealing. After picking Gwen, Carter got paired with Gwen's second-youngest team member; he and Larriah then pulled off an impressive battle, especially considering how young both of them were. Carter's advancement to the knockouts got him to his breakout performance of "You Say" - it was at this point that most of the audience that hadn't yet been suckered in by Carter's dimples and natural poise took note of him, and Carter went from middle of the pack to Gwen's likeliest front-runner. The second-biggest head-scratcher of Carter's run on the show was the choice to give him a Mariah Carey song, considering many adults struggle with her discography. Carter, to his credit, made it through in one piece and got the Team Gwen public vote. He followed into the semifinals with the biggest head-scratcher of his time on the show, at least on paper: a Muppets song. Of course, because almost nothing fazes Carter, he nailed it; in fact, he did well enough with it that it's currently the lone live shows performance to get over the million-view mark on YouTube. After that, it basically turned into a race for second for everyone else. Carter's finale night was the only time I'd seen a hint of nerves from him all season, as they crept through during his cover song; during his original, he'd recovered enough that he was just fine. A little over 24 hours later, Carter was declared winner of The Voice - only the second teen boy to win and the second-youngest winner overall. After winning the show, Carter has been doing some songwriting and is working with Gwen's management to figure out the best direction for his career. Best of luck to Carter as he continues to grow as an artist.

Hint:     This contestant was part of the only trio to make the finale. ( All three members of Carter's semifinals trio performance made the finale. )

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged at any point and his blind audition was leaked.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Rainbow Connection (semifinals)

Love this write-up. :wub:

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

*I liked what someone else said about Cami not opening or closing; that's probably more likely to be the reasoning for Cami Clune.

tbh I feel like Blake not being an option is more probable lmao

• Like 1
On 2/28/2021 at 7:17 PM, VintageVoice said:

6. Julia Cooper (Team Legend)

Thanks for showing Julia some respect. 💐

IMO: She didn't get near enough of that during her short run.  In my world view she should have made the finals. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Me, thinking I'd have write-ups done before the S20 premiere tonight:

mr rogers clown GIF

You had a plan, it didn't work out.   I can't says anything because there's an outside chance it could happen to me some day.  🤪🤡

25 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Thanks for showing Julia some respect. 💐

IMO: She didn't get near enough of that during her short run.  In my world view she should have made the finals. 

julia should have gone way farther. her voice was honestly crazy amazing. unfortunately a large portion of the voting demographic wouldn't like her.

• Like 1