The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (FINAL FOUR POSTED)

VintageVoice

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

The 3rd clue is probably Ian :haha:

11 minutes ago, disney1024 said:
  1. Ryan Berg (needed a steal to get to the live playoffs)
  2. No clue (maybe WTW because there are two extra people?)
  3. Chloé Hogan ("What the World Needs Now Is Love")
  4. Olivia Reyes (reference to the battle song)

2 minutes ago, David68 said:

Clue #1: Ryan Berg

Clue #2: WTW is my guess

Clue #3: Chloe Hogan

Clue #4: Olivia Reyes

animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

Happy to see y'all putting in the work to figure out my clues (it took me a hot sec to write three of them). Expect the answers to go up sometime in the next 24 hours - I've given up on promising specific days/times since the pandemic has ruined my sense of what day it is 😂

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Back again with the fourth round of clues! *insert disclaimer about clue order not equaling artist order here*

• This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds.
  • This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition.
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation.
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle.

- ryan berg

- huh whuh

- huh whuh

- olivia reyes

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Back again with the fourth round of clues! *insert disclaimer about clue order not equaling artist order here*

• This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds.
  • This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition.
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation.
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle.

- Liam St. John (has he been ranked yet?)

- Worth The Wait

- Rio Souma??? (I'm pretty sure I heard YAINTGB in a commercial when I'm streaming the show, don't know if its a holiday commercial though)

- Olivia Reyes

🚨🚨RANKINGS, ROUND 4🚨🚨

28. Liam St. John (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Liam-StJ

Explanation Liam's place within the group is one that may be a bit of a surprise. I found his sound really interesting as it's bluesy-but-grunge-rock at the same time, which is a combination not often seen in contestants on the show. He was also rumored to be part of the Season 18 audition pool and was the first audition taped overall for season 19 (despite his audition airing on night two of the blinds). When he had to pick between Gwen and Blake, I think he made the right call. His tone and combination of falsetto and growl add a lot of character to his voice that make him distinct, and Gwen's a closer match genre-wise anyway. During his battle with Ryan, I thought he was more interesting to listen to and that the battle overall was pretty even; unfortunately, because it was the very last battle of the season filmed, Liam was eliminated since nobody could steal or save him. Even though I found Liam more interesting, I ranked him below Ryan as I think Liam's ceiling would've been knockouts regardless of team and because tonally he's likely more divisive. Since the show, Liam's posted a couple of covers on Instagram, but otherwise has been pretty quiet - check out his cover of "I Put a Spell On You" here.

Hint This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds. ( Liam sang I Need a Dollar in the battle rounds and was eliminated; by the time his battle was filmed no steals or saves remained.)

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Rock/Soul

Favorite Performance: Sex and Candy (blind audition)

27. Olivia Reyes (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Olivia-R

Explanation After ranking half Team Blake and almost half of Teams Gwen and Kelly, we finally get to our first Team Legend artist. Olivia's audition with Harry Styles' "Falling" was tonally pretty and if she hadn't mentioned her lack of experience onstage, I would've just assumed the hints of nerves I detected in spots were because of the coaching panel instead of the more likely mix of inexperience + panel. She got two turns and picked John; John actually knew who the previous Voice winner she mentioned was so I'd assume that would be what gave him the upper hand. For her battle, Olivia was paired up against Tamara Jade for a cover of H.E.R's "Hard Place" and while she was ultimately overpowered by Tamara, Olivia did hold her own quite nicely. That said, it wasn't enough to earn her a steal or John's save. Since the show, Olivia hasn't mentioned plans on releasing new music; best of luck to her post-show.

Hint This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle. ( Olivia's battle song was H.E.R.'s Hard Place and she lost her battle to Tamara Jade.)

Montage/Leak: She was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Pop/R&B

Favorite Performance: Falling (blind audition)

26. Rio Souma (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Rio-Soum

Explanation Rio is the next member of Team Legend to show up. To be honest, I enjoyed both of Rio's performances on the show; he showed off a nice tone and decent range in a blind audition that earned him turns from everyone except Blake, with Gwen actually being the first to turn. John was the most logical coach selection here, given the similar genre and vocal vibes, but there's a part of me wondering what could have been had he gone with Kelly or Gwen. Rio followed up his blind audition with a battle against Casme signing "You're All I Need To Get By" which was pretty good as far as battles go. In the end, Casme won and Rio was eliminated from the show. Since leaving the show, Rio has released a holiday single you can check out here.

Hint:  This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation. ( Rio's battle song was the song of choice for a Walmart commercial for the 2020 holiday season that commercial followed me everywhere for two months.)

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: R&B/Soul

Favorite Performance: Cruisin' (blind audition)

25. Worth the Wait (Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Worth-Th

Explanation Worth the Wait was this season's most unique act as they were a mother-and-daughters team on Team Blake. They're also the first four-chair turn to be ranked. Their audition showed off lots of potential with their harmonies and a bit of solo work (with Mia, the older daughter, arguably being the strongest of the soloists). Given their genre of choice, Blake's team made sense. For their battle, they went up against Taryn Papa and showed off pretty good harmonies that were enough to give them the upper hand and Blake awarded Mia the high praise of being the next Danielle Bradbery no pressure, Mia. It took until their knockout round for them to truly shine; their harmonies on "Delta Dawn" and stronger-than-ever solos along with handling the tempo change well ended with a guaranteed playoffs spot. In the playoffs, their improvement arc started to crack; their harmonies felt a little off and it was clear that Jacy (the youngest member of the group) was nervous can't say I blame her given the high pressure situation of live TV to be honest. They did well enough with the voters to land in the wildcard and despite the arguable advantages of being both on Team Blake and a country act, they did not advance. Since the show, the trio has not mentioned new music plans, but they were awarded keys to the city for their hometown and Mia got her driver's license.

Hint This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition. ( Worth the Wait was the only trio in the competition - every other act was a solo vocalist.)

Montage/Leak: They were not montaged at any point and their audition was leaked. 

Genre: Country

Favorite Performance: Delta Dawn (knockout)

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Sad 1

• VintageVoice changed the title to The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (#28-25 POSTED)

28. Seems fair. I would personally put him at 24 or something, mainly for personal taste.

27. Seems fair as well. I thought she won her battle honestly, but she wasnt able to do much else.

26. Fair placement too. He had a good audition and battle, but wasnt too memorable.

25. I would put them lower honestly. Their live performances, especially their IS one were not good at all. (Wishing a speedy recovery to Mia though)

Don't really disagree much. WTW is near where they would be on my list tbh. Everyone else is also fairly placed. 

Edit: Also, yay me for being the first in the thread to guess Liam! I fully expected some people to say Liam so I was shocked to see I was the first to guess him. Being different paid off I guess.

Edited by FloorWax

The next round of clues is ready - remember yet again that this doesn't necessarily indicate who finished where:

• This contestant's last name matched their genre.
  • This contestant closed the most episodes of any contestant this season.
  • This contestant sang a coach's song at some point in the competition.
  • This contestant's individual song choices were both previously done as four-chair-turn blind auditions.

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The next round of clues is ready - remember yet again that this doesn't necessarily indicate who finished where:

• This contestant's individual song choices were both previously done as four-chair-turn blind auditions.

1 - Joseph (Soul)

2 - I think the most-closing artist was John Holiday.

3 - Ben Allen is my first thought with All About Tonight.

4 - Casme (Baby I Love You: Katie. Wrecking Ball: Christina)

Edited by David68

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

1. Joseph Soul
2. John Holiday
3. Kelsie Watts

4. Casmè

4 minutes ago, David68 said:

1 - Joseph (Soul)

2 - I think the most-closing artist was John Holiday.

3 - Ben Allen is my first thought with All About Tonight.

4 - Casme (Baby I Love You: Katie. Wrecking Ball: Christina)

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

1. Joseph Soul
2. John Holiday
3. Kelsie Watts

4. Casmè

Cartoon Thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants