The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (FINAL FOUR POSTED)

VintageVoice

I am once again back on my BS here with a group of clues for all y'all who may want to play along. Remember, this doesn't indicate contestant placement order within the rankings:

• This contestant went by a mononymous name for the duration of the competition.
  • This contestant was as free as they'll ever be after their exit from the show.
  • This contestant appeared to be a front-runner before their coach unexpectedly pulled the rug with no one to save them.
  • This contestant doesn't want to be lonely but already knew they'd be leaving the show. 
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I am once again back on my BS here with a group of clues for all y'all who may want to play along. Remember, this doesn't indicate contestant placement order within the rankings:

• This contestant went by a mononymous name for the duration of the competition.
  • This contestant was as free as they'll ever be after their exit from the show.
  • This contestant appeared to be a front-runner before their coach unexpectedly pulled the rug with no one to save them.
  • This contestant doesn't want to be lonely but already knew they'd be leaving the show. 

- Emmalee

- Sam Stacy (ref to battle song)

- Lain Roy (ref to blind song)

- Eli Zamora (ref to battle song)

First clue could be Emmalee, Casme, or Desz. It's DEFINITELY not Desz, so I'm guessing Emmalee because she only had 1 full performance shown.

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Emmalee

Sam Stacy

Lain Roy

Eli Zamora

20 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

1. Emmalee

2. Sam Stacy

3. Lain Roy

4. Eli Zamora

32- 29 seems like a good space to rank this 4. I would personally put Lain lower (sorry @Bk1234 ), but otherwise I see it. I liked Sam a lot pre spoilers but we barely got to meet him on the show, so.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

1. Casmè/Emmalee (obviously not DeSz lol 😂)
  2. Sam Stacy
  3. Lain Roy (reference to the song "Someone You Loved")
  4. Eli Zamora
Edited by disney1024

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

- Emmalee (It's b/w her and Casme, and I'm hoping Casme's a little higher, 'cause her BA and battle were really good IMO. a low placement is justified ig 'cause of her KO though)

- Sam Stacy (his battle was so unmemorable that I don't even get the reference, but I'm just going off of what others said)

- Lain Roy (loved this clue by the way, I couldn't remember whether it would be Liam or Lain but I sang through the "pull the rug" lyric and got it!)

- Eli Zamora (I first typed out Madeline Consoer, shedding a tear for her low placement, because she's just more memorable, but then I remembered Eli existed :haha:)

🚨🚨RANKINGS, ROUND 3🚨🚨

32. Sam Stacy (Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Sam-Stac

Explanation  We start of round 3 of the rankings with someone whose early exit was a bit of a letdown for me personally - after looking up spoilers, I got pretty into Sam's tone and general musical vibe. When we met him on-show, he was initially presented as a "truly blind" audition and eventually turned three chairs towards the end of his performance. I liked his tone and chest voice enough to make his audition the second-favorite of the night for me, even though it wasn't necessarily super crazy range-wise or unusual in song selection. I was kind of surprised that he picked Blake, though given Blake's consistent strong voting block it wasn't a bad idea strategy-wise and Sam's off-show work has folk influences (and folk is a cousin of country). Unfortunately, he was eliminated in a battle montage against Ben Allen. Since leaving the show, Sam hasn't released news of any new music; best of luck to him post-show.

Hint  This contestant was as free as they'll ever be after their exit from the show. ( Sam's battle round song was Free by the Zac Brown Band but he lost the battle to Ben Allen.)

Montage/Leak: His battle was montaged and he was not leaked at any point.

Genre: Folk/Singer-Songwriter

Favorite Performance: Fire and Rain (blind audition)

31. Eli Zamora (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Eli-Zamo

Explanation  Eli is the first contestant to appear that was originally on a different TV show; he was on Season 8 of La Voz in Mexico. The biggest thing that jumped out to me about Eli during his time on the show beyond him singing in another language was how much warmth he had in his voice. For his battle round, Eli went up against Madeline Consoer and I thought that it was a pretty even match-up vocally. That said, I understand why Kelly picked his opponent (more on that when we get to Madeline) and Eli was eliminated from the show at that point as there were no steals or saves left at that point according to his social media. Post-show Eli has been working on music in Spanish, including a cover you can check out here.

Hint  This contestant doesn't want to be lonely but already knew they'd be leaving the show. ( Eli's battle song was Nobody Wants To Be Lonely and the title of his blind audition song roughly translates to "I already know that you are leaving" in English I totally knew that from years of Spanish classes and not from Google Translate)

Montage/Leak: He was not montaged or leaked at any point.

Genre: Latin Pop

Favorite Performance:  Nobody Wants To Be Lonely (battle round)

30. Emmalee (Team Kelly)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Emmalee.

Explanation  Right above Eli is one of his teammates. Emmalee's audition is one that I think I liked more than most of IDF. Singing Whitney Houston is a big ask and entering a song acapella is a bold move, but the combination paid off as both Kelly and John turned their chairs. I think I could've grown to like her enough to rank her higher than this had we gotten to see her battle; sadly, it was one of the ones on the chopping block this season (though I believe Kelsie, her battle partner, has posted rehearsal footage of it elsewhere). Emmalee's post-show highlights include a cover of "Go Tell It On The Mountain" that got added th Apple Music's Hot Tracks in the holiday and Christian music categories and releasing a cover of Avicii's "Wake Me Up" - you can check the latter out here.

Hint  This contestant went by a mononymous name for the duration of the competition. ( Emmalee is one of the contestants from the season to only go by one name.)

Montage/Leak: Her battle was montaged and she was not leaked at any point.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: How Will I Know (blind audition)

29. Lain Roy (Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Lain-Roy

Explanation  Rounding out this group of contestants is someone I wish I could place higher but can't. do y'all see the common thread of this group yet Lain's genre mix where he describes himself as pop/soul/rock is one I tend to enjoy, especially with male vocalists. His audition, while not the showiest of vocals, demonstrated that Lain knew what his voice was capable of and how he could make it work for him; it was one of the stronger ones from the end of the blind auditions (which had several very good auditions in it). Many on social media considered Lain to be one of the front runners for his team, so to say people were shocked when he was dropped in a montaged battle might be a minor understatement. Personally, I would've liked to see the battle in full to make that call myself, but because we don't have that information Lain goes here. After his time on the show, Lain released a Christmas single that you can check out here.

Hint  This contestant appeared to be a front-runner before their coach unexpectedly pulled the rug with no one to save them. ( Lain was regarded as one of Gwen's front-runners before she dropped him in the battles - the second half of the clue is a nod to his blind audition song.)

Montage/Leak: His battle was montaged and he was not leaked at any point.

Genre: Pop

Favorite Performance: Someone You Loved (blind audition)

• Sad 3

• VintageVoice changed the title to The One Where VintageVoice Ranks People: Season 19 Edition (#32-29 POSTED)

32. Agree that his early elimination was a bit of an upset. I thought his audition was pretty good, especially standing out on the infamous Episode 4 of S19. Would have loved to see his guitar playing on the show as well, he´s a very good instrumentalist. I would have put him at 29.

31. Good voice, and you can´t go wrong with Juan Gabriel. But he was  overshadowed in his battle, and I´m not even a Madeline fan lol. Not to mention it was a bit hard to hear him at times due to his volume and enunciation on the verses of both his blind and battle. I´d say this is a good placement for him.

30. Good voice, but a little meh for me. I´d put her at 32 instead of Sam.

29. Not for me honestly. I´d put him lower than 30 definitely.

• Confused 1

Back again with the fourth round of clues! *insert disclaimer about clue order not equaling artist order here*

• This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds.
  • This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition.
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation.
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Back again with the fourth round of clues! *insert disclaimer about clue order not equaling artist order here*

• This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds.
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation.
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle.

1. Liam St John or Ryan Berg, its tricky because neither made it past the pre taped rounds.

2. Joseph Soul?

3. No idea here either lol

4. Olivia Reyes

Edited by Misirlou

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

1. Liam St John or Ryan Berg, its tricky because neither made it past the pre taped rounds.

2. Joseph Soul?

3. No idea here either lol

4. Olivia Reyes

I made these ones trickier on purpose since people got both of the last two sets pretty easily, but I can confirm you're on the right track for at least one clue.

• This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds. - Ryan Berg
  • This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition. -  Joseph Soul
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation. - Chloe Hogan
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle. -  Tamara Jade 
Edited by thevoiceisthetop

34 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

pre-taped rounds

@echoap :giggle:

34 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Ryan Berg

I have no clue

Chloé Hogan? 
Olivia Reyes

3 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:
  • This contestant needed a dollar and a steal if they wanted to make it past the pre-taped rounds. - Ryan Berg
  • This contestant stands a head (or two) above the rest of the competition. -  John Sullivan
  • This contestant sang a song prominently featured in a holiday commercial for an American corporation. - Chloe Hogan
  • This contestant was caught between a rock and a hard place during their battle. -  Tamara Jade 

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

(I will say at least one member of this group was previously ranked, though)

48 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

1. Ryan Berg (needed a steal to get to the live playoffs)
  2. No clue (maybe WTW because there are two extra people?)
  3. Chloé Hogan ("What the World Needs Now Is Love")
  4. Olivia Reyes (reference to the battle song)

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Clue #1: Ryan Berg

Clue #2: WTW is my guess

Clue #3: Chloe Hogan

Clue #4: Olivia Reyes

Edited by David68
Totally didn't put "Olivia Jade"