Jump to content

Insane Blind Audition, but then... yikes.


Recommended Posts

SandyRedd from S15 is probably the best example of and insane Blind and then a flop. Her elimination in Top 13 still is really unreasonable for me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. Don't Let Me Down was a letdown  

Mike Jerel had an amazing blind and the rest of his performances ranged from mid to bad

Marisa Corvo flopped hard in the KOs ("If I Could Turn Back Time") even though her BA and battles performances were phenomenal. And then she really flopped online after her KO performance aired lol 😂

38 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, nobody is gonna mention Bria Kelly? The title of this thread is basically a summary for her whole journey on the show.

Agreed. Thought she was going to be Usher´s frontrunner and could very well sail to the finale, but she declined so hard, and it all started with her battle honestly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, nobody is gonna mention Bria Kelly? The title of this thread is basically a summary for her whole journey on the show.


This is probably the most accurate answer (Luke Wade also deserves a mention)

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daillon said:


This is probably the most accurate answer (Luke Wade also deserves a mention)

Luke´s demise started with " Thinking Out Loud" I believe. His blind, KO and Playoff were great imo, although I agree he never reached the heights of his blind.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misirlou said:

Luke´s demise started with " Thinking Out Loud" I believe. His blind, KO and Playoff were great imo, although I agree he never reached the heights of his blind.


Pretty much. He wasn’t a favorite of mine, but Luke flopping was a huge disappointment. He did the best he could with what he was given tho (thanks Pharrell)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, Vinyl said:

Whitney Myer, four chair turn, everyone loves her, but Adam pairs her against someone twice her age in the battle rounds, so of course Kim Yarbrough is going to sound better. Myer goes home.

the way you phrased this makes it sound like whitney is a kid who got paired against an adult (which is also fair in my opinion, because the kid chose to compete in an adult competition).

 

why is it unfair for a 25 year old to be paired against a 50 year old? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, David68 said:

Yep. Don't Let Me Down was a letdown :haha: 

It really was. I was so sad because not only did Katrina Cain get eliminated in the Knockouts but so did Claire DeJean ugh.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Kelsie Watts.

I disagree. Kelsie Watts' KO performance wasn't bad apart from poor song choice, Madeline's performance was just better. Also, based on the rehearsal video that she posted on IG, I think Kelsie did well in her battles. Too bad it was montaged. 😒

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I disagree. Kelsie Watts' KO performance wasn't bad apart from poor song choice, Madeline's performance was just better. Also, based on the rehearsal video that she posted on IG, I think Kelsie did well in her battles. Too bad it was montaged. 😒

 

Kelsie's KO was bad.

 

Especially the second chorus, that was a trainwreck.

Edited by FloorWax
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I disagree. Kelsie Watts' KO performance wasn't bad apart from poor song choice, Madeline's performance was just better. Also, based on the rehearsal video that she posted on IG, I think Kelsie did well in her battles. Too bad it was montaged. 😒

Kelsie is my 6th favorite of the season and even I’ll admit that her KO performance wasn’t great (though I seem to like it way more than the majority of IDF does. :giggle:) I’m sure she slayed in her battle, but we will never know. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Kelsie is my 6th favorite of the season and even I’ll admit that her KO performance wasn’t great (though I seem to like it way more than the majority of IDF does. :giggle:) I’m sure she slayed in her battle, but we will never know. 😕

I didn't say that it was great. I just said that it wasn't too bad. There is a difference lol 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I didn't say that it was great. I just said that it wasn't too bad. There is a difference lol 😜

Still, the drastic difference in performance quality between this and “I Dare You” warrants her a spot in this topic, in my opinion. 🙂 Regardless, she’s still one of my favorites from this season! 😁

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jarmon said:

It really was. I was so sad because not only did Katrina Cain get eliminated in the Knockouts but so did Claire DeJean ugh.

 

1 hour ago, David68 said:

What about Jake Wells

these three are so good! i LOVED claire and katrina's BA, and jake is also great! so unfortunate that they fell off during the KOs

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Jake, Katrina, Claire - The holy trinity of "we were all rooting for you!" KO flops in S15

LOL I remember the spoilers came out and everybody was going after Blake for picking Funsho or was hoping it was a mistake, since he´s not the type to pick steals over OGs, but I don´t think anyone can blame him for his choice here. 

 

Jake flopping was heartbreaking. He was the most realized artist of the bunch in my opinion. But sadly his song (and the arrangement he sung of it) were too big for him. I liked Deandre as well, so I was hoping for a steal.

 

I still remember that the sources for the Abby and Claire KO said that Claire actually did great, and that both were close, and what we saw on tv, was... certainly different. Either way, we´ll never know. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...