Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

1. Normani

Season 24 - 3rd Place

Partner - Val Chmerkovskiy

Normani & Val Should Win 'DWTS' — My Opinion For This Season – Hollywood  Life

Average: 6.11

RANKINGS:

Alex - 2/16

Lily - 2/16

Derek - 5/16

Diana - 6/16

Megan - 6/16

Wallace - 6/16

Public - 6/16

Amanda - 7/16

Elliott - 15/16

ALEX

Normani Kordei

Y'all.......I'm mad. I'm mad for two reasons after this rewatch. First, how the hell did she not win?! Or at the very least get second place! David f*cking Ross beat her. God do I hate these racist ass motherf*ckers who watch and vote on this show. The other reason I'm mad is that Normani's not a bigger star right now. Normani has a star presence that you don't find every day. She lit up the ballroom every time she walked out there, you can't teach that. Normani is one of the most stunning human beings in the world and she KILLED'T this season of DWTS. She is absolutely the winner of the season in my eyes.

Her first two dances are great, but she really came out with a bang with that Foxtrot imo. It looked like a week 9 or 10 dance I can't believe she delivered that performance on the third week of the show! She is just a goddess living amongst us mere mortals. A few weeks later we get the flawless Paso Doble, once upon a time it was my favorite Normani performance. The combination of one of my favorite Disney songs with one of my favorite dance styles and one of my favorite dancers. Another dance has taken the top spot away on this rewatch, but I'm still obsessed with the dance. You got the sexy ass Salsa, the absolutely flawless Argentine Tango which is objectively one of the best dances in DWTS history, and then the Contemporary.

The Contemporary is my favorite Normani dance and one of my favorite dances in the history of the show. Easily my favorite Contemporary dance ever on the show. Normani opening up about the bullying and racism she experienced is heartbreaking. This dance showed off such a vulnerable side to Normani. Usually she gets out there and owns the stage like the fierce chick that she is, but I absolutely loved to see the softer and vulnerable Normani as well. I can just keep listing dance after dance that she did and rave about how flawless they all were. That sexy ass Viennese Waltz with the sepia and the red dress! That joy-filled Jazz that served as a flawless tribute to New Orleans! The sexy trio Jive that gave us shirtless Val and Alan (though the Bonner showmance is something I'm gonna skip past cause I'm not feeling that).

The majority of Normani's dances I could genuinely consider amongst my favorites of all-time. Every dance was so different and so her. She literally had a standout week every single week, it's absurd! And of course, I can't go this whole writeup without talking about the angelic Babs. Normani's superfan grandmother who sat at home scoring every dance on her own, getting to live her dream of flirting with Val and seeing the costumes up close. Honestly, get Babs on next season! If Sailor, the daughter of someone famous, can do this show than certainly Normani's grandmother can!

Lowkey, I could see Normani doing All-Stars 2 if the timing worked out . I'm not gonna get my hopes up because I know the chances are slim, but I feel like her grandmother could talk her into it. Normani just seemed to enjoy the show a lot. I loved the relationship she formed with Val and seeing them reunited would be a dream come true. Normani wants to be a leading lady star and have her chance to shine, and DWTS gave her that opportunity to shine on her own! Normani deserves the world, and not to be petty, but she should have the career C*mila has right now. I am thrilled Normani made it to the end of this game again and I hope we can get a high placement for her because she truly deserves it! A once in a lifetime kind of DWTS contestant.

LILY

2. Normani
Just missing out on my top ranking, I am placing Normani at #2! Ever since first seeing Fifth Harmony I have really been a fan of Normani, she was the standout for me in that group and so I was super excited when she ended up appearing on the show back in Season 24. I felt like she always just stood out in the group and was excited for this opportunity where she could showcase herself as an individdual.

Normani partnered up with Val and they truly killed it each week on the show. I think she's one of the most talented dancers we've seen honestly, which I've probably said a lot but idk, there really is something about Normani which just makes her a stand out. Time to list my favorite routines of hers, which is a long list and would include - Foxtrot, Paso Doble, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Contemporary, Jive and Jazz. Rarely did she have any missteps in the competition, I remember near the end they almost tried to pull her up on one but I feel like she was far and away the strongest dancer of that season and they were just looking for some critiques.

I really wish Normani could have made it at least to the top two but as we know that didn't happen, and she finished in third which is wrong! Between X Factor, Normani and Ally, third place is a cursed finish I guess. Anyway, Normani is another one who I feel like has so much potential to do well, and we are waiting on that new music! I've loved everything she's done post-show so far and it looks like more is coming so I can't wait to see that. But thrilled she has made it here again and hope she can do well! Lovely work, lassie.

DEREK

Normani

Season 24 was such a weird season. Obviously Normani placing 3rd makes literally no sense, and her losing to David Ross of all people is just silliness. I was very busy and distracted season 24 rooting for Heather and getting confused about her whole run and then rooting for Simone and getting blue balls and having that fall through. But now that the season is over and I can look back at all of it as a whole, Normani’s run for me has aged EXTREMELY well, and I’ve become a huge fan of her work on the show. The fact that Len was so stingy with her with his 10s is frustrating… I don’t like when Len hold back giving 10s on the actual ballroom dances and then gives them out for shit he knows nothing about like contemporary and jazz lol. But that has nothing to do with Normani’s flawless contemporary and jazz, so thank goodness for that. 

WALLACE

Normani Kordei

9kea.gif

tango-gif-8.gif

621d4494858361b80d4d9e259efceaab.gif

Oooh Amanda had us really scared about the thought of Normani not making the finals here or not. But I am very glad Normani was able to make it through into the finals in this DWTS Rankdown for the 3rd year in a row. In fact, I think Normani and Meryl are the only two celebs to be in the finals of this game, 3 years in a row (Melissa has done 3 years too but in the 1.0, 3.0 and 4.0 versions of the game, so not 3 in a row). Normani is definitely amongst my big and all-time favorites on the show. She came in 3rd place last year so I think she is a contender to do really well and can make the Top 5 for sure. Although without Dee’s and Anne’s help this year, she could end up much lower this year? I do love Normani - and actually my 5th to 7th range are all celebs i love abut the equal amount. I ended up placing Normani 6th as that was what I was feeling at the moment.

Normani Kordei is a Fifth Harmony singer, who competed on Dancing with the Stars Season 24, where she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy. Normani & Val were a fantastic partnership and made it all the way to robbed at 3rd place. Normani is amongst my very favorite Val partners, alongside Laurie - so while I do wish both could have made it here, i am glad Normani did at least especially as Val has so many partners here.  I’ll share my thoughts on her run.

- Her Quickstep was a good and solid dance to kick off the season but definitely my least favorite of hers. I think there may have been some posture issues, which was worked on in later weeks. But if you have your ~weakest~ dance on Week 1 then that’s a great thing.

- I really loved her Cha-Cha to “Give Me Your Love,” which I thought wsas so hot, fun and fierce. I ow the judges like to hold back on their scores, but I felt she deserved some 9s for this. And remember how she was giving such high quality dances while rehearsing and performing a World tour in Asia? UNBELIEVABLE. 

- Her “Big Spender” Foxtrot was also so fun, sassy and hot! It was Vegas, well danced and well performed. It had a theatrical feel to it, which Normani nailed. 

- Her Rumba was very pretty and good but one of my lesser faves from her.

- She was so powerful and fierce in that “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” Paso Doble. She brought so much power and strength to her dancing & performing. I loved how she played and paid tribute to Mulan so well here too, but in her own Normani way.

- Normani absolutely SLAYED it on her “When i Grow Up” Salsa. She delivered sun a hot, sexy and fierce dance.  I mean yeah  I would have loved seeing her kill a traditional Salsa but she did dance all the Salsa basics here. She nailed everything here. UGH Len gave this an 8i? Disgusting. I di think she was the stand out in the Team  Girl Group routine too.

- Her Argentine Tango was simply outstanding and incredible. She nailed the footwork & technique and brought the intensity & passion to the dance. What more could you ask for?

- Normani had a fantastic Quarter finals of dances. Her Contemporary to “Freedom” was so raw, emotional and heartbreaking. She channeled some darker moments in her live but got to let it out and dance with so much beauty here. Her Jive trio with Alan, was a really fun and entertaining dance. She partnered well with Val & Alan but still shone like a star on her own

- She delivered a great Viennese Waltz, though it wasn’t one of my very favorites but still was great. Her New Orleans (i think?) based Jazz was really cool and a lot of fun. She lived and breathed the style of the dance and nailed everything about it. Her third perfect 40 here. 

- I loved her “Check It Out” Quickstep and thought this dance was a lot of fun. Her Freestyle was very beautiful and well danced & performed. I was a little disappointed in the direction they went as i wanted Normani to deliver a more fun, hot and lively routine so I was bummed that didn’t happen. But this wsas still a gorgeous dance. i did really love her Argentine Tango/Foxtrot Fusion routine to “There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back.” She danced both styles well and this was one of those few Fusion dances i actually do remember. 

Normani & Val did finish 3rd, which was a disappointing finish for sure. I do love Rashad & Emma so I was pleased and totally fine with them winning, but Normani was still my favorite and the one I was pulling for all season. But still, Normani is certainly well loved on her amongst a lot of us on IDF, so here’s hoping she ranks well in this game! 

PUBLIC

I am so excited to introduce Normani to the winners circle.  Normani has only gotten better has a contestant for me with time.  She is in my Top 5 all time and she was my hope for the win as I knew Meryl and Nicole had no shot at it.  I ranked her #3 in the public vote.  I thought Mya would win it all, but when the votes came in, it was Normani who came out on Top.  Iconic journey, dancer, and now rankdown winner!  Its absolutely criminal that she was robbed of a win on her season.  Welcome to the Rankdown Hall of Fame!

Side note, it was good time these last couple of reveals with Alex hiding the fact that he ranked Normani above Zendaya.  Also Derek hiding his double digit ranking of Zendaya too.  

AMANDA

Normani - I’m surprised Elliott didn’t try to get rid of her before the finals, but glad she made the final ranking. Yet another one of my all-time favorites, Normani had a brilliant run from start to finish. Her Argentine Tango is truly one of the greatest dances, but her other dances are all amazing as well. The fact that the epitome of white male mediocrity David Ross beat her that season is a crime.

ELLIOTT

NORMANI

Yeah, this is purely a petty ranking against Alex. Sorry Lily and Wally, because I actually would've given Normani a very high ranking otherwise!

While I wouldn't say I'm a Normani stan or liked her run as much as the rest of IDF did (Simone vs HeMo for the win, tbh), there's no denying Normani slayed her season. So many great routines, and she managed to turn me into a fan. That's impressive given that I think Fifth Harmony is the worst thing to happen to music. Of course, Ally Brooke being absolutely wretched in her season and one of the worst DWTS contestants of all time has also made me appreciate Normani more in retrospect.

My favourite routine of Normani's is the routine she did to When I Grow Up. Mainly because it's the first routine that comes to my mind.

This is 100 words so I'm moving on now. Hopefully she doesn't win because Alex doesn't deserve it!

@Alex95 @*Amanda @FrogLenzen @*Diana @Elliott @*Lily @totes4totes @*Wallace

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Kudos to @*Wallace. It’s nice to see someone give props to both Kellie and Zendaya. :yes: 

❤️ 

They are amongst one of my favorite Top 2s on the series, so I do wish Kellie was more well liked on here. :( Of course I never have to worry about that Zendaya as everyone (except Sola) loves her. :haha: 

• Solaris changed the title to Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Obviously I love Zendaya and as I said her and Normani are pretty neck-and-neck for me, but as an advocate of #teamunderdog this year, seeing Normani get the surprise win at the end is such an unexpected and great ending :wub: Ugh this flawless top group!

• Like 1

Side note thank you all for playing!  I know it was different than having Alex run this thing.  Thanks for sticking with it and playing my version!  Each of you brought something really interesting to the rankdown this year, and it was my honor to run it for you all!

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Solaris said:

Side note thank you all for playing!  I know it was different then having Alex run this things.  Thanks for sticking with it and playing my version!  Each of you brought something really interesting to the rankdown this year, and it was my honor to run it for you all!

Thank you Sola! Another great DWTS rankdown 🥳

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Congrats to @Solaris to a well run and fast paced rankdown. 👏 And a non-rigged one. :dead: My comment was a joke. This take hard work and I don't take that away from anyone since I am too lazy to attempt one myself. I enjoyed being a viewer and taking part in the public votes. 🤗

ditto! can't wait to bother everyone with more tinashe updates as a viewer again next year!

• Haha 1

ALEX:

1. Mya

2. Normani

3. Apolo Anton Ohno

4. Jordan Fisher

5. Danica McKellar

6. Tamar Braxton

7. Zendaya

8. Simone Biles

9. Melissa Rycroft

10. Kelly Monaco