Lee Ann Womack commented on Rachel's cover of IHYD. :thumbs:
[image from Rachel's FB post]

https://www.facebook.com/rachelmacmusic/posts/149655160526706

PQprIKf.jpg

Detroit local TV station interviewed Rachel:

https://www.facebook.com/rachelmacmusic/posts/149290840563138

F4lew2G.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vq37gl2ieA

The interviewer mentioned that Rachel is the first female one-chair turn finalist. I would add that she's also the first female teenage finalist since Chevel and Kennedy in S15.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, season1 said:

The interviewer mentioned that Rachel is the first female one-chair turn finalist. I would add that she's also the first female teenage finalist since Chevel and Kennedy in S15.

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Like 4

1 hour ago, season1 said:

Rachel is in this video with "I Hope You Dance" starting at 38:02

The video is called "The Best Country Performances of the Season" yet they didn't include Rachel's "Rainbow" :/

Agrred.

🌈 is the best country performance of the season for me too.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, season1 said:

The video is called "The Best Country Performances of the Season" yet they didn't include Rachel's "Rainbow" :/

One of the only 10/10s of the season imo. This performance was impeccable!

• Like 2

Rachel sang the National Anthem at the Detroit Grand Prix on Saturday, 6/12/21. It's her first time singing the National Anthem in public and her first time at a race track.

Her local TV station interviewed her at the track and showed a clip of her singing the Star-Spangled Banner.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2021/06/12/romeo-native-the-voice-finalist-sings-national-anthem-on-belle-isle/

mWt3X6B.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

CE6637-E8-0974-4238-9809-7244-D770-D8-F9
Rachel will be going live with Pete Mroz on Instagram TODAY at 5pm PST. 

🔴 LIVE NOW 🔴

Don’t worry if you miss it. He usually posts them afterwards. ;) 

• Like 3

Pete Mroz's Artist 2 Artist with Rachel Mac

Songs on the show:

Rachel auditioned for the show with River-Joni Mitchell! 😍 She really wanted to do a A Case of You on the show. She was going to do Songbird-Fleetwood Mac for Top 9 but "Nick just wanted to go in a different direction".  :(

Upcoming plans:

She strongly alluded that her and Zae are currently working on a song of some sorts. She said her and Bradley have talked about recording their duet. She said the more radio-friendly songs she writes always come out as country songs. 

Stories related to the show: 

She has always been a die hard fan of The Voice, which is how her Blake obsession developed. 🤣 She used to set up her stuffed animals as Voice coaches and sing to them.😜 

On an interview with a casting director, she was wearing a hat and the person told her they liked her hats. This prompted her to keep the iconic hats for performances. 🤣

I was shook about this, but immediately after the Top 9 results show ended, they rehearsed the coach duets AND shot the finale conversation with Carson and the coach. 😬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Harmat said:

She was going to do Songbird-Fleetwood Mac for Top 9 but "Nick just wanted to go in a different direction".  :(

Again like Blake said… “good guy, terrible coach…” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, Harmat said:

Pete Mroz's Artist 2 Artist with Rachel Mac

Songs on the show:

Rachel auditioned for the show with River-Joni Mitchell! 😍 She really wanted to do a A Case of You on the show. She was going to do Songbird-Fleetwood Mac for Top 9 but "Nick just wanted to go in a different direction".  :(

Upcoming plans:

She strongly alluded that her and Zae are currently working on a song of some sorts. She said her and Bradley have talked about recording their duet. She said the more radio-friendly songs she writes always come out as country songs. 

Stories related to the show: 

She has always been a die hard fan of The Voice, which is how her Blake obsession developed. 🤣 She used to set up her stuffed animals as Voice coaches and sing to them.😜 

On an interview with a casting director, she was wearing a hat and the person told her they liked her hats. This prompted her to keep the iconic hats for performances. 🤣

I was shook about this, but immediately after the Top 9 results show ended, they rehearsed the coach duets AND shot the finale conversation with Carson and the coach. 😬

Ah, so that's why we didn't see River! I'm sure she slayed that audition ❤️ 

I of course would have loved to see A Case of You; I'd been suggesting that from early on, but I see that Nick wanted to do something different (🥲). And Songbird would have been so so so incredible for her!!! I honestly think she's really great on heartfelt songs with a lot of emotion—one of her big strengths is emoting. That being said, she has a ton of power in her, so it makes sense that she showed that off in the T9 even though I disagree with Nick here.

I hope we get covers of River/A Case of You/Songbird! I just know her voice would sound amazing on those. However, it seems like she's got quite a bit in the works, and I'm not sure what her stance is on doing covers as opposed to original work, so I'm just excited to see what comes next!! :wub:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Ah, so that's why we didn't see River! I'm sure she slayed that audition ❤️ 

I doubt that’s entirely why. Multiple contestants sang the song they auditioned with for their blind.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I doubt that’s entirely why. Multiple contestants sang the song they auditioned with for their blind.

That's interesting! I guess part of the reason is that Nick wanted her to show off her power after the super emotionally connected and moving "Rainbow," so he didn't want to do a song like "River." I'm very content with Rachel's run either way—she had stunning performance after stunning performance! 🤩

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

That's interesting! I guess part of the reason is that Nick wanted her to show off her power after the super emotionally connected and moving "Rainbow," so he didn't want to do a song like "River." I'm very content with Rachel's run either way—she had stunning performance after stunning performance! 🤩

So he goes with “Human” instead of “Burning House”… 🤔 

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
(I agree with the last part though 🙂)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

So he goes with “Human” instead of “Burning House”… 🤔 

Episode 1 Premiere GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
(I agree with the last part though 🙂)

I think that the message of the song "Human" is really nice, even though "Burning House" would have been an excellent vocal moment. What's done is done though, and Rachel still killed it on "Human," so the best we can do is hope for a cover of "Burning House" at some point, if Rachel wants to cover it! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Clearly I haven't been doing my research 👀 Thanks for letting me know! 

Listening rn and this is just stunning!! She has such a gift for emoting and singing in general. I love her vibrato on this, as well! It gives the song her own flavor while still maintaining the emotion. 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It was actually the cover that made me a fan last season. ❤️

Yeah, I can see why! I think it was her Tennessee Rain cover that caught my eye, since it's a cover of Addison's original from the finale. 

• Like 1