Rachel Mac Fan Thread

season1

33 minutes ago, season1 said:

Rachel's iTunes chart positions:

#44 on iTunes Pop Chart 

mJZNc2J.png

#134 on iTunes Top 200 Chart [#5 among all The Voice songs on iTunes charts].

4WtZY2B.png

Congrats Rachel! 👏👏👏

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here's a nice article about Rachel from The Detroit News.

Romeo's Rachel Mac finishes fourth on NBC's 'The Voice'

The article talks about Rachel's The Voice journey, the support from her hometown and additional info about Rachel before The Voice that are news to me. They also included a quote from Nick from Monday's show that I somehow missed:

"You have so much depth as an artist, as a person," said Jonas during Monday's show. "You work so hard. I'm so proud to be your coach. And I am so proud to be able to go on this journey with you and watch you grow into a superstar."

I love this quote from Rachel at the end of the article:

"I'm excited for what's after the show," said Mac last week. "Either I win and get all the rewards that come with that. And if I don't, there are still possible rewards lined up. I'm optimistic."

Edited by season1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's another great article about Rachel: SAOyO1H.gif

Romeo's Rachel Mac is ready for what's next after 'The Voice'

Original Article Link (paywall)Archived Link (for those without subscription)

DhQYlE5.jpg[picture from the article] 

She had a mini-parade in her hometown:

Comfortably back in Romeo after her successful run on "The Voice," Rachel Mac is a bit "tired" but excited for what comes next.

"I'm definitely going to use this spotlight to my advantage while it's still on me," the 16-year-old singer and songwriter said Thursday, still exuberant from a homecoming "mini parade" on Romeo's Main Street the night before, celebrating her fourth-place finish on the NBC show's 20th season.

She talked about the duet with Nick:

"That was probably the coolest experience out of everything," Mac says of the latter. "The crew said they'd never seen a duet come together that quickly. Our second run-through was pretty much exactly the way we sang it on stage. Obviously Nick sings with people for a living; He's a Jonas Brother, so he's used to doing duets or whatever. But it came together so quick and kind of fell into our laps. It was perfect."

There are many more interesting tidbits in the article. Read the archived version here.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I love this picture. It must feel good to be back home. ^_^

I managed to right-click and open the pic in new tab before the article page closed up on me [paywall] :haha:. Luckily, I was able to archive the page so we can read the article. jaofSCz.gif

And yeah, that's a great picture of Rachel, with her signature look (with hat). ^_^

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, season1 said:

I managed to right-click and open the pic in new tab before the article page closed up on me [paywall] :haha:. Luckily, I was able to archive the page so we can read the article. jaofSCz.gif

Queen Rihanna GIF

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, season1 said:

Stream Rachel's Season Collection Album on Spotify

Currently, "Best of You" is Rachel's most played song and she has over 122k monthly listeners.

574ioqH.jpg

I think that's pretty impressive and even if it because of Nick, at least she had exposure from that cover. 

Hoping Rachel has more covers and maybe originals ready to release ASAP, cause I want to hear her more.  Many songs she could have done and would like her to sing off-show. 

• Like 3

Some recent Rachel interviews! 

She wanted to sing her IS song (Long Long Time- Linda Ronstadt) as an actual performance because she loved it so much.
There were lots of Joni Mitchell songs she wanted to sing, but she said they're hard to clear because they're such classics. 😔

She talked about the welcome home parade she got in Romeo. It brought her to tears. 

Rainbow was what she described as her standout/special performance because she connected with the message so much.

• Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Harmat said:

Some recent Rachel interviews! 

She wanted to sing her IS song (Long Long Time- Linda Ronstadt) as an actual performance because she loved it so much.
There were lots of Joni Mitchell songs she wanted to sing, but she said they're hard to clear because they're such classics. 😔

She talked about the welcome home parade she got in Romeo. It brought her to tears. 

Rainbow was what she described as her standout/special performance because she connected with the message so much.

Thanks for finding and posting these interviews. Great interviews, short and sweet. ^_^

Rachel is very articulate for such a young age and she has such a sunny demeanor. Though you can hear a bit of disappointment in her voice when talking about songs she wished to sing. RE Joni songs being hard to clear, if this is a longer season [pre-S18], she probably would have a chance to get one cleared [like in past seasons]. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, season1 said:

Rachel is very articulate for such a young age and she has such a sunny demeanor. Though you can hear a bit of disappointment in her voice when talking about songs she wished to sing. RE Joni songs being hard to clear, if this is a longer season [pre-S18], she probably would have a chance to get one cleared [like in past seasons]. 

Ugh, I would have LOVED to hear her sing some Joni. 😩 Hopefully she does a cover soon. 🥺🤞

• Like 5

On 5/26/2021 at 6:17 AM, macattacklolz said:

Well hello my lovely peoples. It’s Rachel. I just wanted to hop on and say thank you to you all so much for hyping me UPPPPP this season! Y’all were the firsts to do so and I appreciate y’all so much! This lil website is not a contestant fav because of all the criticism 👀👀 but I always like to stop by my fan thread and read what’s the haps! Thank you again my sweets🤍

Hey Rachel, can't believe i missed this! you were one of my favorites this season, along with gihanna and carolina! i love your unique tone and how you can go soft but also go super powerful in the same song! your performances of The Chain, Foolish Games, and Rainbow were the best (or at least one of the best) performances of the night. 

I also really appreciate all the positive things you post on social media, for example your post about your song, Rainbow. You are truly a light to all of us, and I appreciate being able to "meet" you through the show, since you spread happiness through everything you say (and sing). I can't wait to see what you do next! 

(PS: I know you're a fan of Addison; you have quite the taste! She's one my favorite past contestants!) 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 5:05 PM, season1 said:

Thanks for finding and posting these interviews. Great interviews, short and sweet. ^_^

On 6/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, Bk1234 said:

Ugh, I would have LOVED to hear her sing some Joni. 😩 Hopefully she does a cover soon. 🥺🤞

Darn, I'd been advocating for Joni all season, pretty much since her KO... I wish she got to sing Joni on the show, but hopefully she'll be willing to do a cover of River, A Case of You, or Both Sides Now? Any of those would be perfect for her! :wub:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Darn, I'd been advocating for Joni all season, pretty much since her KO... I wish she got to sing Joni on the show, but hopefully she'll be willing to do a cover of River, A Case of You, or Both Sides Now? Any of those would be perfect for her! :wub:

While waiting and working on her next steps, I'm hoping that Rachel would do a weekly cover on YT and some of them would be Joni Mitchell's songs. jaofSCz.gif

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, season1 said:

While waiting and working on her next steps, I'm hoping that Rachel would do a weekly cover on YT and some of them would be Joni Mitchell's songs. jaofSCz.gif

That would be so cool! I'd understand though if she can't do much, I can imagine that still being a high schooler while trying to make your place in music would be really tough. I wish her all the best! 

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 4

Rachel called into her local country station and they talked to her about The Voice, Nick and what's next. She said she's working on new songs and they're country. (If Rachel was promoted as a country singer on The Voice, would she have finished higher than she did?)

https://www.newcountry931.com/2021/06/02/rachel-mac-calls-broadway-roxanne/

• Like 6

5 hours ago, season1 said:

She said she's working on new songs and they're country. (If Rachel was promoted as a country singer on The Voice, would she have finished higher than she did?)

Interesting. 🤔 I do remember Carson calling her a female country singer at one point. 

• Like 2