Congratulations, Rachel! Welcome to the Finale. Zd5ZtgP.gif :thumbsup: FsIROHJ.gif

Please sing a folk-country song next week. No more power ballads.

Guess what, everyone. We get to see Rachel perform 3x on Monday, and a celebrity duet possibly on Tuesday. Zd5ZtgP.gif

Any guesses for Rachel's celebrity duet partner? 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

I'm so freakin' proud of Rachel 😭 from being a one chair turner to this AAAHHH WELL-DESERVED QUEEN

Completely the underdog this season

I believe she is the first female one chair to ever make the finale. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 5

Great job to Rachel on advancing to the Grand Finale! The growth and improvement over every performance has always wowed me. 

Also to note, she's the 1st 1-chair turn Female to enter the Finale in all seasons! Great job Rachel, now please choose great songs next week to try for as high a placement as possible.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, season1 said:

Congratulations, Rachel! Welcome to the Finale. Zd5ZtgP.gif :thumbsup: FsIROHJ.gif

Please sing a folk-country song next week. No more power ballads.

Guess what, everyone. We get to see Rachel perform 3x on Monday, and a celebrity duet possibly on Tuesday. Zd5ZtgP.gif

Any guesses for Rachel's celebrity duet partner? 

I haven't actually been able to be ecstatic about a Finale in a while(since S16) so now I'm just realizing this!

Some Joni PLZ! "Both Sides Now" or Tim Mcgraw's "Humble And Kind"

Duet partner = Kacey Musgraves(good mix of country/folk/pop) Or maybe LeAnn Rimes?(Strong pop/country vocalist)

If they can afford though, get Taylor Swift to sing with her LMAO.

• Like 2

With the upbeat song(Glad about the change, originals can be weak most of the time) I think some Lady Antebellum could work. May I suggest "Need You Now"?

It can be hard to have a moment with upbeats, but I guess its more for fun and versatility. Perhaps "I Hope You Dance"? 

I'd prefer a 2nd ballad, but this has to happen so maybe yall could come up with better selections lol.

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I haven't actually been able to be ecstatic about a Finale in a while(since S16) so now I'm just realizing this!

Some Joni PLZ! "Both Sides Now" or Tim Mcgraw's "Humble And Kind"

Duet partner = Kacey Musgraves(good mix of country/folk/pop) Or maybe LeAnn Rimes?(Strong pop/country vocalist)

If they can afford though, get Taylor Swift to sing with her LMAO.

That's my first thought, but I know it won't happen. Imagine Taylor and Rachel singing "Safe and Sound". ❤️ I'm thinking that she could also duet with Jewel.

I'm disappointed that we probably won't hear Rachel sing "Humble and Kind" on the show. So many great songs for her to sing that would fit her style and voice, and she got "Human" for the semis. :/ I hope she really gets to pick her songs (or at least one song) for the finale.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

With the upbeat song(Glad about the change, originals can be weak most of the time) I think some Lady Antebellum could work. May I suggest "Need You Now"?

It can be hard to have a moment with upbeats, but I guess its more for fun and versatility. Perhaps "I Hope You Dance"? 

I'd prefer a 2nd ballad, but this has to happen so maybe yall could come up with better selections lol.

No more originals? I was actually looking forward to Rachel's original :(

Upbeat cover - "Gentle on My Mind" - The Band Perry cover of a Glen Campbell song

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

This could be another ballad to try:

Its from a previous winner, but I believe Rachel can do fine with it and give a potential moment. I just want her to have the best Finale she can have and one that she, herself, can be proud of.

• Like 2

I still can't believe that Rachel is now the only female finalist (and of course the last female standing) this season. When I made the fan thread (after the spoilers were revealed and I listened to her IG covers), I was hoping that she would make the playoffs. Now she's in the Finale! K08012s.gif

Looking forward to Rachel's performances next week. jaofSCz.gif

• Like 2

Real question: Is there any chance that Rachel would lose the hat in at least one performance next week? She has 3 performances, maybe one of them can be hat-less. I think she'd look stunning in a long dress with hair pulled back or updo, while singing an emotional ballad.

Of course, if her hat is her signature style, she'll look great with it too. ^_^