5 minutes ago, season1 said:

I hope she gets another great song next week. I would love to hear her sing one of the following:

How Great Thou Art (according to her bio, she's a worship leader)

Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw

Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars

Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Judy Garland version)

She would absolutely Slay these songs. Can't wait to hear her next week.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 6:10 PM, disney1024 said:

If Rachel makes it to the lives, just watch me spam "The Story" on the Voice app so that she sings a good and appropriate song during fan week. It kinda might have worked with Cami last season lol 😂

I like Brandi Carlile's version ofc but Rachel has a great range and has a bit of a country twang in her voice. Hence, LeAnn Rimes' version might be more appropriate for her. It might also garner some Minivan votes. Speaking of LeAnn, Rachel could also maybe sing "Blue" like Chevel did in S15. 🤔

Reveal hidden contents

Well guess what, not only did Rachel make the lives, she's now moving on to the semifinals. :thumbsup: I hope you're spamming "The Story" on the Voice app. Add "Humble and Kind" and "How Great Thou Art" too. jaofSCz.gif

Rachel KILLED it and 100% deserved that PV. She is going to slay! She posted on her story that she is really excited about her SF song, so I'm crossing my fingers that she kills it (we already know this part will happen) and gets the PV (it's up to us and America!). I'm confident she'll be able to do it 😄

I'm so proud of her and so excited to see what comes next!

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Rachel KILLED it and 100% deserved that PV. She is going to slay! She posted on her story that she is really excited about her SF song, so I'm crossing my fingers that she kills it (we already know this part will happen) and gets the PV (it's up to us and America!). I'm confident she'll be able to do it 😄

I'm so proud of her and so excited to see what comes next!

She earned that vote with her great performance and she sang a very good country song in her style. I'm glad that she was able to sing good songs that fit her style and her voice so far, and I hope that continues next week. It seems likely she got another good song if she's excited about it. It would help her get the PV again with Nick's full support and positive words from Blake. jaofSCz.gif And some tears if it's an emotional song. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, season1 said:

Thank you, @QueenCami for these screenshots [click the image for full size pictures]:

FnoYtqn.png

VWlqs3x.png

I love the dress. ❤️

My mom called me earlier yesterday to talk about Rachel and not only her performance, but about how beautiful her dress was lmao. She searched for it for about a few hours and finally found it. Her words were: "Oh s*** its $400, maybe there's a coupon for it somewhere." 

• Haha 6

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

My mom called me earlier yesterday to talk about Rachel and not only her performance, but about how beautiful her dress was lmao. She searched for it for about a few hours and finally found it. Her words were: "Oh s*** its $400, maybe there's a coupon for it somewhere." 

If it's from Marshalls, they ought to have links to the outfit/ensemble or similar, added to the YT video description. Or maybe have a section on the Marshalls website for The Voice "specials". I actually expected it to be more than $400. :cha-ching:

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

It seems @VintageVoice can relate to this struggle :haha:

Seriously though, the dress was stunning - the background, dress, and of course the vocals together made a pretty much perfect performance. She sounds pretty much identical to her studio, except for the very last line in which she gets emotional

• Like 4

A bit late but here's a nice article about Rachel's Top 17 performance from mlive.com. Rachel shared it on FB:

16-year old Michigan girl’s performance ‘set the bar pretty high’ as she goes for ‘The Voice’ top 9

They posted another article about Rachel after the results show:

Did Michigan high school student Rachel Mac make it into ‘The Voice’ top 9 semis? The results are in

Millions of viewers have been witnessing this Michigan teen continue to get better and better each week. 16-year old Rachel Mac has learned her top 9 fate on the hit NBC reality singing competition “The Voice.”

Mac, who is a high school student from Romeo in Metro Detroit, sang “Rainbow” by Kacey Musgraves last night on the show’s first live performance show of the season. The fourth round of the show. Mac was among the 17 finalists which included Detroit’s Zania Alaké.

America voted and gave Mac the most votes out of the five members of Nick Jonas’ team, sending her into the top 9 semi finals. Congratulations to Mac who will now perform next Monday night at 8 p.m.

I love the picture they included in the article.

• Thanks 1