Cam Anthony Fan Thread 🎵🎤🎹🌟✌

season1

On 7/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ1xJJJnwOt/?utm_medium=copy_link

^ Cam’s co-hosting segment on Philly Live

Here's some notable info Cam said during this ^ about the Wawa Welcome America: Cam Anthony and The Philly Pops Big Band: JULY 4: 7 PM EST event. 

giphy.gif 

Cam will be joined by dancers from @jasminyahneschoolofdance during his performance. His sisters will be part of the dancers and Cam used to dance at this studio. Some other people who will be there are "family friends" from The Voice. 👀

Cam will read the Declaration of Independence. 🇺🇸

🌟 Fun fact: Cam performed with Flo Rida when he was 12! 🌟

Apparently Cam has been "going to auditions... getting in the studio..." :clap:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Side Notes: 

Important Advice from Cam (to high schoolers, but really, applicable to us all🤎

@Spideyhypnosis 's message to Cam (He was a contestant on Showtime at the Apollo during Cam's season) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Harmat said:

Here's some notable info Cam said during this ^ about the Wawa Welcome America: Cam Anthony and The Philly Pops Big Band: JULY 4: 7 PM EST event. 

giphy.gif 

Cam will be joined by dancers from @jasminyahneschoolofdance during his performance. His sisters will be part of the dancers and Cam used to dance at this studio. Some other people who will be there are "family friends" from The Voice. 👀

Cam will read the Declaration of Independence. 🇺🇸

🌟 Fun fact: Cam performed with Flo Rida when he was 12! 🌟

Apparently Cam has been "going to auditions... getting in the studio..." :clap:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Side Notes: 

Important Advice from Cam (to high schoolers, but really, applicable to us all🤎

@Spideyhypnosis 's message to Cam (He was a contestant on Showtime at the Apollo during Cam's season) 

jumpiessmall.gif

• Like 3

Just watched Cam kill it on TV with a dance group which I believe was from Philadanco and a choir from a A.M.E church along with the Philly pops .  Shame he only sang Stand Up . Flo Rida is next and of course Cam is wayyy better . Was thinking on going since it was at an actual venue over the parkway (and I've been to the Mann Center before ) but now I'm glad I didn't as he only sang that ... Saw he also took part in the Declaration of Independence reading this morning too  from Independence Hall . Hope I can see him live hopefully soon as I do get lucky seeing the local Voice alums straight after the show ...(I'm seeing Louis Knight from Idol though in August and of course it took over a year because of Covid ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Bunny391848 said:

Just watched Cam kill it on TV with a dance group which I believe was from Philadanco and a choir from a A.M.E church along with the Philly pops .  Shame he only sang Stand Up . Flo Rida is next and of course Cam is wayyy better . Was thinking on going since it was at an actual venue over the parkway (and I've been to the Mann Center before ) but now I'm glad I didn't as he only sang that ... Saw he also took part in the Declaration of Independence reading this morning too  from Independence Hall . Hope I can see him live hopefully soon as I do get lucky seeing the local Voice alums straight after the show ...(I'm seeing Louis Knight from Idol though in August and of course it took over a year because of Covid ) 

who were the surprise guests?

14 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

who were the surprise guests?

I guess the dance group and choir . There were some people with Flo Rida but idk who they were . Bebe Rexha on now and at least she can sing 

• Thanks 2

For anyone who missed it, here’s Cam’s performance from the event! 🎇

https://youtu.be/1vznNipEbE4

Cam sang a full version of Stand Up. It was half the tempo and had a *darker*/ more serious vibe compared to his The Voice version. It made it more real and less “vocal competition”- esque, which seemed appropriate for sure. 👏🏽 ( even though I love BOTH versions.🤩🤩
Cam went acapella with a choir for the second half. I thought this was great for signifying the unity and community the song portrays. But the choir really drowned out Cam sometimes. As a sucker for Cam’s voice acapella, it wasn’t my favourite decision. 🤣
Yet, King Cam’s presence was off the charts 🕴, his vocals were killer 🎶, and he looked hella fly 🥼. What more can I ask for? ✔️
Looking forward to more Cam news, hopefully soon! 🌟

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Harmat said:

For anyone who missed it, here’s Cam’s performance from the event! 🎇

https://youtu.be/1vznNipEbE4

Cam sang a full version of Stand Up. It was half the tempo and had a *darker*/ more serious vibe compared to his The Voice version. It made it more real and less “vocal competition”- esque, which seemed appropriate for sure. 👏🏽 ( even though I love BOTH versions.🤩🤩
Cam went acapella with a choir for the second half. I thought this was great for signifying the unity and community the song portrays. But the choir really drowned out Cam sometimes. As a sucker for Cam’s voice acapella, it wasn’t my favourite decision. 🤣
Yet, King Cam’s presence was off the charts 🕴, his vocals were killer 🎶, and he looked hella fly 🥼. What more can I ask for? ✔️
Looking forward to more Cam news, hopefully soon! 🌟

I really enjoyed the arrangement in the beginning. I’m glad that they strayed away from the Voice arrangement and created their own “hometown” version. It made the performance feel more relevant to the local people. But yeah, I agree with your criticism about the choir (which was unfortunately a bit pitchy 🥲) Regardless, the performance was still very impactful and served its purpose. I wish he had gotten to sing at least one more song though. 😩

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Also, can we talk about how Cam owns the coolest outfits? On the show, we credited it to the stylists, but even now, he’s slaying the game.🌟⚡

Yeah, his sense of style is 👌 

• Like 1

Does someone have any background information on songwriter Yawnyblew (AKA John Gonzalez)? Apparently he is one of Cam's songwriters (Check Cam's IG Story). I can't seem to find more details about him besides being credited under H.E.R.'s "Hard Place."

Edited by Gmm99

10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRh5q46pQyd/?utm_medium=copy_link
936-FB583-4-FFC-458-F-88-AE-05-E21-AC481

Cam’s relationship with Emma is pure gold. 🤩 Everyone make sure to stream Emma’s single when it reIeases on August 13th! 🥰 For now, enjoy the stunning harmonies of this duet. :wub: 

I can't say for sure about the other seasons, because I wasn't big into following contestants then, but in the past few COVID-influenced seasons, I feel like the cast is generally closer to each other. Could it be because they're all holed up in that hotel :haha:

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

I can't say for sure about the other seasons, because I wasn't big into following contestants then, but in the past few COVID-influenced seasons, I feel like the cast is generally closer to each other. Could it be because they're all holed up in that hotel :haha:

Probably. :haha: S20’s cast is most definitely a special one, that’s for sure. 😊

5 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

just got to see this and holy shi- 

I mean not surprised at all but he amazes me every damn time....and he was 17 years old there my goshhhh! I'm so in love with this man's voice there are no words

Yeah, his talent is out of this world! 😳

• Like 1