Jump to content

Cam Anthony Fan Thread 🎵🎤🎹🌟✌


season1
 Share

Recommended Posts

More interview links! 

 

 

7 years ago, this interviewer was the first person to ever formally interview Cam. Not only that, she also flew to Philly *specifically* to interview him. The coolest thing is she did this before he went on the Ellen Show and was globally recognized. She said she just saw that Royals cover online and she knew he'd accomplish big things. 

 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPbjkw2lhio/ 


Full circle moment. This happened on Friday ( 7 and a half years later) by the same lady ^ of that TulaTalks interview.
 

 

I don't know if I heard him wrong, but I think at 1:52 he said that news people have showed up at his family's house? 🤣 I don't know if I heard/understood him wrong, though...


Also, during quarantine, he moved to California alone and his hope was dwindling a bit about what he could do in the future because he had already been working in the industry for so long. It sounds like being with his label was also a little discouraging. Being on the show reignited that fire that he has for music and gave him a newfound confidence in his pursuits.

 

https://gqwithcam.com/s2e88-anthony-lentino/ (starts at 2:20) 
He talked about getting discouraged during quarantine again. Pretty much said the same stuff as ^ in that interview. 
 


He started crying when he saw the video of his family's reaction. 🤎🥺
 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


This is Cam 8 years ago singing Me & Mrs. Jones (his IS song). 
 

It’s really funny to watch because the ✨Cam effect✨ wasn’t fully developed yet. 
In some portions when he’s singing, you can sense the Cam finesse. But then during the parts he’s not singing, he looks plain bored. 🤣 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are more Cam interviews! 👀

 

Cam's Interview with Cary Chavis

 

He was signed to Dr. Dre's label from age 12 to July 2020. He needed something new, so he left the label and got an email from the Voice that same night. He mentioned that he's very excited for the record deal with Republic... Eek, does that mean he's signing? If so, they better step the f*** up. 👀 :whut:

 

He also said a Cam album will definitely contain soul and rnb, but he wants to explore new genres he did on the show, too, and break the boundaries of instrumentation in different genres.

 

 

It sounds like Cam got to choose every one of his songs he performed starting from the Knockouts. So glad they let him do that because all of his performances were all so well-done and perfect in different ways. ⭐🤎

 

 

 

Cam met Will Smith during one of his casting auditions for motown. :clap:He developed his falsetto and high chest mix by studying kulning, an Ancient Swedish herdingcall. 

 

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harmat said:

Here are more Cam interviews! 👀

 

Cam's Interview with Cary Chavis

 

He was signed to Dr. Dre's label from age 12 to July 2020. He needed something new, so he left the label and got an email from the Voice that same night. He mentioned that he's very excited for the record deal with Republic... Eek, does that mean he's signing? If so, they better step the f*** up. 👀 :whut:

 

He also said a Cam album will definitely contain soul and rnb, but he wants to explore new genres he did on the show, too, and break the boundaries of instrumentation in different genres.

 

 

It sounds like Cam got to choose every one of his songs he performed starting from the Knockouts. So glad they let him do that because all of his performances were all so well-done and perfect in different ways. ⭐🤎

 

 

 

Cam met Will Smith during one of his casting auditions for motown. :clap:He developed his falsetto and high chest mix by studying kulning, an Ancient Swedish herdingcall. 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for posting these interviews. 

 

It's amazing how much work Cam has put into his craft and he's not even 20! He'll continue to improve and will only get better in the years to come.

 

I'm not surprised that they let him make the song choices, especially his KO and semis songs. I'm not sure about the Top 17 choice though.

 

RE signing with Republic, hopefully it will work out for him and he'll get a better support and promotion from them, than what many The Voice winners received.

Edited by season1
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Here are more Cam interviews! 👀

 

Cam's Interview with Cary Chavis

 

He was signed to Dr. Dre's label from age 12 to July 2020. He needed something new, so he left the label and got an email from the Voice that same night. He mentioned that he's very excited for the record deal with Republic... Eek, does that mean he's signing? If so, they better step the f*** up. 👀 :whut:

 

He also said a Cam album will definitely contain soul and rnb, but he wants to explore new genres he did on the show, too, and break the boundaries of instrumentation in different genres.

 

 

It sounds like Cam got to choose every one of his songs he performed starting from the Knockouts. So glad they let him do that because all of his performances were all so well-done and perfect in different ways. ⭐🤎

 

 

 

Cam met Will Smith during one of his casting auditions for motown. :clap:He developed his falsetto and high chest mix by studying kulning, an Ancient Swedish herdingcall. 

 

 

 

Which One Choices GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

 

✨Heaven✨ Still one of the best battle pairings in Voice history. Say what you want  about their vocals, but the bond they formed during the season and how comfortable they made each other feel (they literally took one day of rehearsal just to get to know each other) goes beyond what battle partners normally do.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blake's best quality as a coach is probably that he gives artists confidence, and lets them be themselves. This works better for contestants who have a strong sense of their own artistry. John is a great arranger/producer, but he might not have given Cam as much freedom. I loved how Cam explored genre's and sounds in his time at the voice. 

 

Republic is a good label...if they want you. The question is, does Republic actually want Cam, and therefore are willing to put money behind him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Republic is a good label...if they want you. The question is, does Republic actually want Cam, and therefore are willing to put money behind him. 

That leads into the flaws of the two seasons a year. Carter is going to studios to record soon. Will they take on two winners at the same time or will they prioritize one? 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

That leads into the flaws of the two seasons a year. Carter is going to studios to record soon. Will they take on two winners at the same time or will they prioritize one? 🤔


RR will probably release a single or two. Chloe got an EP, even though it took a long time. The question is will they promote it? Only if they think they will see a return on the investment. The last time they promoted a winner’s music was Jordan, and Mark Burnett’s wife helped fund that. Maelyn was the last one to sign and only got a Christmas cover. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:


RR will probably release a single or two. Chloe got an EP, even though it took a long time. The question is will they promote it? Only if they think they will see a return on the investment. The last time they promoted a winner’s music was Jordan, and Mark Burnett’s wife helped fund that. 

I’m not hopeful tbh. They have a great opportunity with Cam. Let’s see if they’ll take it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

goes beyond what battle partners normally do

 

Lauren Frihauf and Payge Turner becoming genuine friends and actually making a song together after the show was sick as well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

Lauren Frihauf and Payge Turner becoming genuine friends and actually making a song together after the show was sick as well.

And Kaleb Lee and Pryor Baird too. They`re even an official music duo now. ("Pryor and Lee").

 

As for Cam and Republic,  I hope things work out. We`ll see if they are actually willing to treat him right. I hope Blake helps him in some way too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Harmat said:

❕❗❕❗❕❗❕

 

Cam is going to be on The Ellen Show TOMORROW!
Make sure you tune in! 🎶🌟

 

❗❕❗❕❗❕❗
 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865d298f20f258b44101 
 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148869c94bdbf1c747c035f
 

Here’s a link to a promo that he’s in! 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPo8Q08hYXs/?utm_medium=copy_link 


When he won, the Ellen show put out an IG congratulating him that included a clip from his original appearance. Someone working there is really on the ball.

 

BTW, 2 Voice alums going on Ellen in a matter of weeks must be some kind of record! She’s still very partial to Idol and often has their contestants, but I can’t remember the last appearance by a Voice singer before this season.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...