🌟 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕒 ℝ𝕚𝕒𝕝 𝔽𝕒𝕟 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 🌟

Bk1234

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I have had an absolute blast running Carolina’s fan thread and supporting her throughout the competition, so I will most likely discuss a lot about that side of things during each round of the competition. One of the great fun facts about Carolina is that she was the last confirmed chair turner of Season 20. A source messaged me about her hours before @Someone648 posted the spoilers (I guess they wanted to save the best for last. :yes:) After quickly looking through a few of her YouTube covers, I truly became a fan and a few hours later, I was the creator of her fan thread (which I have no regrets about making. ;)) The main thing that really impressed me about Carolina was her insane range. 🤯 All of her covers were slayage and after a few weeks of listening, she easily became one of my pre-season favorites. I usually love supporting teen talents on shows like these and seeing one with so much range and vocal agility was just a dream come true for me! Now, here’s the funny thing about Carolina’s pre-season discussions. The source mentioned that she sang a Spanish song for her audition, so for the entirety of that month we were trying to predict her song for blinds (I expected it to be Selena’s “Si Una Vez.”) The funny thing is that that source was completely wrong and my reaction to her blind audition was priceless. :haha: I knew she was going to sing “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith because of the snippet they showed in the episode, but I figured that she was going to tackle some parts in Spanish (oh boy was I wrong… :haha:) So pretty much our entire month of predicting a Spanish song went to waste, though I will say that it probably led to the creation of the “Song Suggestion Box,” which is used in many other fan threads now (Carolina’s influence! 🤩), so I can’t really complain. Her blind audition ended up being one of my favorites of the season, so I guess everything worked out (plus, I was worried that singing in Spanish would have been a turn off for voters… 😬) This was probably my favorite performance from Carolina and I think that’s because it showed off everything she had to offer. It showcased her range, vocal ability, and even her stage presence. It was a good choice that allowed the viewers to get a taste of the Carolina we had been waiting for since spoilers were released. 🙂 Now, this audition received some mixed reviews and while I get that some weren’t a fan of the runs, it was interesting to see some MaKenzie Thomas fans bash Carolina’s audition because of the overuse of runs. 👀 Anyway (yes, I like to throw shade :giggle:), I thought this deserved four chairs and was one of the best vocal performances of the season. :ph34rwave: I especially loved Natalie Weiss’ reaction to it where she called Carolina the winner. :wub: Nick and John were the only two to turn around, and even though Kelly was Carolina’s first choice, she still seemed more than grateful with John and Nick’s chair turns. Carolina ended up going with John, which while on paper, a teen girl not choosing Nick, seems odd, it makes sense since Carolina had a vision of all the bad decisions and song choices that Nick would throw at her. :yes: Partially joking, but choosing John was a reasonable decision since Carolina also likes to do a bit of R&B, which she unfortunately didn’t get to show much of on the show (her Aretha cover is fantastic though!) I loved her mom’s reaction to her getting a chair turn (two in fact) and even made a GIF of it. :wub: Anyway, Carolina moved on to the Battles with a strong start (imo.) Now, in the Battles, Carolina was given her worst song in the competition, but she still made it work. The arrangement was perfect for the both of them and let me just tell you, this battle was the DEFINITION of iconic. SO many GIFs were made out of this one (Carolina even posted one to her Instagram story! :wub:) and overall, the battle was just so fun to watch! Carolina was paired with another queen, Rio Doyle, and they slayed, no questions asked. First of all, I was so happy to see them close the episode and get the recognition that they 100% deserved. This performance allowed Carolina to really show her personality (and sass :giggle:) on stage. She hit all the notes, but seeing her compliment that with her phenomenal stage presence was amazing! Plus, the outfit they chose for her was stunning! :wub: I will admit that I WAS a bit worried about this battle after seeing the source comments, but the queens laid it all out on that stage and slayed. John chose Rio, which was a fair decision considering how great both of them did, but King John also used his save on Queen Carolina! :w00tbounce: I was so nervous for the results of this battle in the spoiler chat, so thank goodness Carolina was saved or else I would have had another battle result meltdown (pause for a moment and see if you can guess the first… 🤔:haha:) The moment was still nerve-racking for me when it aired, even though I had found out about the results weeks before! :haha: The save meant that Carolina would be moving on to the four-way knockout, which scared me for two reasons: one, because I was worried that Carolina wasn’t going to take it and two, because I already had Emma, another fan thread contestant, in the four-way knockout. 😬 The Knockout results were pretty tough on me, but let me just say that Carolina’s song choice brightened my day (or I guess I should probably say evening.) She ended up singing “Anyone” by Demi Lovato, a song that was HIGHLY requested in her fan thread, and a song that meant a lot to her (which we only found out about when it aired.) A common thing that I had been yearning for from Carolina was a performance that I could emotionally invest in and let me just say, the queen delivered (once again.) When I heard she was doing this song I was so full of excitement, and the long wait for it to air was definitely worth it. It wasn’t perfect vocally (she still hit some insanely high notes though 😳), but it honestly didn’t matter because I felt so invested in her performance in an emotional way, which is something that I had never really felt before. She got emotional near the end (playing it smart and trying to get those votes- jk, jk :haha:), and it was so nice to see that vulnerability from Carolina. I know a lot of people have this as their favorite performance from Carolina and I completely understand why! She probably connected to the most viewers with this one. Now after that slayage, I went into voting overdrive and her fan thread is evidence of that. 🤪 The odds really were looking in Carolina’s favor and I was really optimistic about her chances of winning, but unfortunately that all came crashing down on Playoffs night. 😬 Before we get to that though, I wanted to take the time to acknowledge Carolina’s flawless studio of “Into the Unknown.” I was worried about this one when I saw the song, but the studio restored my faith that the song would work well and she would slay (if she got the chance to, of course… 😢) Her vocal choices in the studio were so perfect for her voice and I was really hoping to see this one live (from the clips from stage rehearsal that Carolina posted on Instagram, it looked like it was going to be epic! :w00tbounce:) Unfortunately, Carolina did not end up winning the four-way knockout and her Voice journey ended right there. :( Carolina’s elimination was probably the hardest live show elimination for me and probably because she had so much momentum and support going into the night. I was able to look past it after a few hours though and move on to the next step in Carolina’s life: her post-show career. She has a recorded version of “Stay With Me” coming, which I encourage all of you guys to check out and stream when it releases. 🙂 Carolina is also the first S20 contestant to be ranked that actually made an account and posted on here. I was stunned to see a contestant in one of the first fan threads I had ever created (thank you to Gihanna for encouraging her to join and even joining the fan list! :shock:) Carolina still visits from time-to-time and it is nice to see that she interacts with her fans so closely. 🥺 To wrap this monster of a write-up up, I think a lot of people expected Carolina to place a little higher because of how much support I exhibited on here during her run on the show. I think this is similar to what happened with Taryn, where I really needed to be a loud supporter because she was in the four-way knockout (and the odds really weren’t in her favor… 😬) Anyway, I have had so much fun supporting Carolina and I hope that all her fans will join me in continuing to support her post-show career. 🙂

This was the write-up for Carolina that I posted in my ranking thread. I feel like it sums up my thoughts on what it has meant to support Carolina throughout this season. ❤️ I hope she sees it lol. :haha:

• Like 1