AI19 Premiere Countdown: Sunday, February 14th (Valentine's Day)

16 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

I know that Tamyra Gray and Vonzell Solomon were good during their seasons of American Idol. In my opinion, I feel that Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood stood out way more since their first American Idol auditions. If you asked people who they liked on Season 1 and Season 4 on American Idol, I am willing to guarantee you that most people would say Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. As I said before, there were seasons where I didn't necessarily like the winner that was chosen and preferred for it to be a different winner. Season 3 I thought Jennifer Hudson should have won. Season 5: Chris Daughtry, Season 7: I thought David Archuleta was better. Season 8: Adam Lambert. Season 9: I thought Tori Kelly should have won. and Season 10: Lauren Alaina.

Well yeah of course, Kelly and Carrie were obviously more popular than Tamyra and Vonzell during their time on the show (and still are  :giggle:) since they were VOTED as winners. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion, JHUD had a rocky start (she definitely shouldn’t have left in 7th though.) I agree about Chris, but I would have been happy with either him, Elliott, or you-know-who (😬) winning. I LOVED Archie (he's my favorite Idol contestant), David Cook was still a deserving winner imo. I preferred Kris and Allison to Adam by a landslide, but I respect your opinion. Crystal should have won Season 9. Season 10 belonged to either Haley or Pia, and I’m saying this as someone who liked Lauren.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WHY IS BOBBY BONES STILL THERE?

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Noticed how I didn't ask the other person about Season 6. For Season 6, I was happy that Jordin Sparks won, but I have a bit more of an understanding if not everyone wanted Jordin Sparks to win. Season 14 I liked both Nick Fradiani and Clark Beckham. Season 16 I liked both Maddie Poppe and Gabby Barrett.

I also was happy with Jordin winning. 😁 I preferred Clark, but I didn’t really have a solid favorite in Season 14. I liked Gabby, Jurnee, Michael, and Michelle during Season 16. 

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Well yeah of course, Kelly and Carrie were obviously more popular than Tamyra and Vonzell during their time on the show (and still are  :giggle:) since they were VOTED as winners. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion, JHUD had a rocky start (she definitely shouldn’t have left in 7th though.) I agree about Chris, but I would have been happy with either him, Elliott, or you-know-who (😬) winning. I LOVED Archie (he's my favorite Idol contestant), David Cook was still a deserving winner imo. I preferred Kris and Allison to Adam by a landslide, but I respect your opinion. Crystal should have won Season 9. Season 10 belonged to either Haley or Pia, and I’m saying this as someone who liked Lauren.

I respect your opinion. There's one part that maybe we might have a little bit of an agreement on. Being the winner of American Idol doesn't always make you more popular than a finalist. Yes Fantasia Barrino was the winner of American Idol Season 3, but Jennifer Hudson is more popular than Fantasia Barrino. American Idol Season 5: Chris Daughtry is more popular than Taylor Hicks even though Taylor Hicks won American Idol Season 5. Clay Aiken is more popular than Ruben Studdard even though Ruben Studdard won American Idol Season 2. Tori Kelly is more popular than Lee DeWyze even though Lee DeWyze won American Idol Season 9. Adam Lambert is more popular than Kris Allen even though Kris won American Idol Season 9. Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart are more popular than Scotty McCreery even though Scotty McCreery won American Idol Season 10. Gabby Barrett is more popular right now than Maddie Poppe even though Maddie Poppe won American Idol Season 16.

Edited by anticoronaperson
3 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart are more popular than Scotty McCreery even though Scotty McCreery won American Idol Season 10.

I don’t know about that. Scotty is definitely more popular and successful than Haley. I’m guessing it’s pretty close between him and Lauren.

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I don’t know about that. Scotty is definitely more popular and successful than Haley. I’m guessing it’s pretty close between him and Lauren.

Okay then maybe we can agree that Lauren Alaina is a little bit more popular than Scotty McCreery. She got to work with more famous artists on songs than Scotty McCreery did. Lauren Alaina got to work with Lukas Graham and Kane Brown. Scotty McCreery only got to work with Alison Krauss.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

I respect your opinion. There's one part that maybe we might have a little bit of an agreement on. Being the winner of American Idol doesn't always make you more popular than a finalist. Yes Fantasia Barrino was the winner of American Idol Season 3, but Jennifer Hudson is more popular than Fantasia Barrino. American Idol Season 5: Chris Daughtry is more popular than Taylor Hicks even though Taylor Hicks won American Idol Season 5. Clay Aiken is more popular than Ruben Studdard even though Ruben Studdard won American Idol Season 2. Tori Kelly is more popular than Lee DeWyze even though Lee DeWyze won American Idol Season 9. Adam Lambert is more popular than Kris Allen even though Kris won American Idol Season 9. Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart are more popular than Scotty McCreery even though Scotty McCreery won American Idol Season 10. Gabby Barrett is more popular right now than Maddie Poppe even though Maddie Poppe won American Idol Season 16.

Fantasia has a Grammy while Jennifer has an Oscar... They're equal in fandom popularity. Jennifer is more of a name then a successful musician like Fantasia is. IMO

ETA: Jennifer has a Grammy too? See I knew Fantasia had one but didn't know that info about Jennifer??? :( 

Kris still makes music, and Adam is from past experience? A pretty terrible songwriter, but a great vocalist. Just my opinion on some of his past post-Idol albums...

Haley has millions of views on YouTube, but so does Scotty. Haley has a platinum single with her "Can't Help Falling In Love" cover, but that doesn't make Scotty's platinum and gold records and singles any less great...

We'll see about Gabby. One hit single is good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It may define her career in the future, but right now? She's got the song, promo team, and what I'm guessing is a solid debut album so yeah...

10 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

He's done very well for himself! :yes:

I hate comparing Idol alumni and the definitions of success are varying... They are the true Top 2 in success, but people like Lauren and Casey and even James have done great too. Season 10 = :wub:

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Kris still makes music, and Adam is from past experience? A pretty terrible songwriter, but a great vocalist. Just my opinion on some of his past post-Idol albums...

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

13 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Season 10 = :wub:

I agree. So many favorites from that season. 😁

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Fantasia has a Grammy while Jennifer has an Oscar... They're equal in fandom popularity. Jennifer is more of a name then a successful musician like Fantasia is. IMO

ETA: Jennifer has a Grammy too? See I knew Fantasia had one but didn't know that info about Jennifer??? :( 

Haley has millions of views on YouTube, but so does Scotty. Haley has a platinum single with her "Can't Help Falling In Love" cover, but that doesn't make Scotty's platinum and gold records and singles any less great...

We'll see about Gabby. One hit single is good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It may define her career in the future, but right now? She's got the song, promo team, and what I'm guessing is a solid debut album so yeah...

I hate comparing Idol alumni and the definitions of success are varying... They are the true Top 2 in success, but people like Lauren and Casey and even James have done great too. Season 10 = :wub:

Also, Jennifer Hudson got an Oscar for an acting role that also involved singing for a movie that Beyoncé was also in. Some time this year, Jennifer Hudson will be playing Aretha Franklin in an upcoming movie. Before Aretha Franklin died, Aretha Franklin personally chose Jennifer Hudson to play Aretha Franklin in the upcoming film Respect. Aretha Franklin said to Jennifer Hudson “You’re gonna win another Oscar for playing me, right?” But yes Jennifer Hudson has a Grammy too. Jennifer Hudson is getting more and better opportunities in the music and acting world than Fantasia Barrino. So that makes Jennifer Hudson more popular. Fantasia Barrino is still great though. The most recent music opportunity Jennifer Hudson had was recording and singing Oh Santa with Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande.

Edited by anticoronaperson

Both Fantasia and Jennifer are successful, talented women and we should leave it at that. No need to put two incredible women against each other when it is likely something they would not want to hear their fans arguing over. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Both Fantasia and Jennifer are successful, talented women and we should leave it at that. No need to put two incredible women against each other when it is likely something they would not want to hear their fans arguing over. 

Yeah they are both great. I only made the point that Jennifer Hudson is more recognized and famous than Fantasia even though Jennifer Hudson didn’t win American Idol.

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

I do respect your opinion and understand what you are saying.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, m1key said:

I was responding to someone earlier who made it seem like winning American Idol makes you more popular than the other finalists of that season by providing several examples of how that is not true and Season 3 is a good example of that.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:19 AM, anticoronaperson said:

I know that Tamyra Gray and Vonzell Solomon were good during their seasons of American Idol. In my opinion, I feel that Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood stood out way more since their first American Idol auditions. If you asked people who they liked on Season 1 and Season 4 on American Idol, I am willing to guarantee you that most people would say Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. As I said before, there were seasons where I didn't necessarily like the winner that was chosen and preferred for it to be a different winner. Season 2: It should have been Clay Aiken Season 3 I thought Jennifer Hudson should have won. Season 5: Chris Daughtry, Season 7: I thought David Archuleta was better. Season 8: Adam Lambert. Season 9: I thought Tori Kelly should have won. and Season 10: Lauren Alaina.

Nobody was rooting for Kelly Clarkson since her first audition because they didn’t put it on television. S1, the auditions lasted only 1 or 2 episodes and there were as many terrible auditions as good ones. The early producer-favored contestants were clearly Tamyra and Justin. 

Anyone who has seen Kelly’s audition has seen it only because they dug it out of the old footage and put it on America Idol Rewind.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Nobody was rooting for Kelly Clarkson since her first audition because they didn’t put it on television. S1, the auditions lasted only 1 or 2 episodes and there were as many terrible auditions as good ones. The early producer-favored contestants were clearly Tamyra and Justin. 

Anyone who has seen Kelly’s audition has seen it only because they dug it out of the old footage and put it on America Idol Rewind.

OMG, that’s so true. :giggle: I completely forgot  about that. I definitely agree that the producer favorites being Tamyra and Justin, though I thought Justin was overrated throughout the entire season. 😅

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about the fact that Kelly Clarkson's audition wasn't put on the air.

5 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Okay then what I meant to say is that Kelly Clarkson really stood out way more since her first Hollywood Week round performance. I'm pretty sure I remember that during aired on T.V.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:38 AM, anticoronaperson said:

Who did you want to win Season 1 if not Kelly Clarkson and Season 4 if not Carrie Underwood?

In Season 1, I preferred Tamyra.  In Season 4, I actually preferred Nadia at first and then went for Vonzell after Nadia was eliminated.  And Season 6, I first voted for Melinda.