AI19 Premiere Countdown: Sunday, February 14th (Valentine's Day)

Idol Maniac

7 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

You didn't like Just Sam?

Arthur Gunn was my main favorite. But I've grown to like Sam as well! 🙂

Alejandro was my main favorite contestant for AI17 so my main faves for two seasons have finished as the runner up not the winner. 

23 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

That's still pretty good though.

For me? Heck yeah it's good. The ABC American Idol has given me favorites that have placed higher overall. :wub:

FOX's well... I was lucky if they finished 3rd. Which is also a good ranking but still. Most of my FOX AI alumni favorites ranked from 3rd, 4th, and 6th.

4 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

For me? Heck yeah it's good. The ABC American Idol has given me favorites that have placed higher overall. :wub:

FOX's well... I was lucky if they finished 3rd. Which is also a good ranking but still. Most of my FOX AI alumni favorites ranked from 3rd, 4th, and 6th.

Were there any winners you liked from the FOX Version of American Idol? For me,

My favorites (Winners, Finalists, And Hollywood Week Hopefuls)

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson

Season 2: Clay Aiken

Season 3: Jennifer Hudson

Season 4: Carrie Underwood

Season 5: Chris Daughtry

Season 6: Jordin Sparks

Season 7: David Archuleta

Season 8: Adam Lambert

Season 9: Tori Kelly

Season 10: Lauren Alaina

Season 11: Phillip Phillips

Season 12: Candice Glover

Season 13: Caleb Johnson

Season 14: Nick Fradiani and Clark Beckham

Season 15: Trent Harmon

Season 16: Maddie Poppe and Gabby Barrett

Season 17: Laine Hardy

Season 18: Just Sam

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

The only winners I really like are Kelly and Kris. :haha: As you can tell, I’m not very lucky when it comes to this show.

For FOX? SAME. :lmao:

I loved Kris Allen on AI8 and even though I didn't see the first 5 seasons of FOX's American Idol I adore Kelly Clarkson. :wub:

AI6- Melinda Doolittle

AI7- Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, David Archuleta, and David Cook

AI8- Allison Iraheta (my main fave) and Kris Allen

AI9- Siobhan Magnus

AI10- Haley Reinhart

AI11- Hollie Cavanagh

AI12- Amber Holcomb

AI13- Caleb Johnson (My first and only FOX Idol winner!)

AI14- Joey Cook and Clark Beckham

AI15- Avalon Young, and Dalton Rapattoni

AI16- Catie Turner and Maddie Poppe

AI17- Alejandro Aranda

AI18- Arthur Gunn, Jonny West, and Just Sam

On 12/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, KelseyW said:

YEET. :wub:

Haven't had someone win I like since 2018. We got to fix that. lol

season 16 maddie poppe GIF by American Idol

I had not only Maddie Poppe but also Just Sam.  And I’m doing a lot better with the ABC seasons than with the FOX ones.  None of my initial favorites won that season.  The closest I came to having a favorite win was Jessica Sanchez in Season 11, and she was the runner up!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, KelseyW said:

YEET. :wub:

Haven't had someone win I like since 2018. We got to fix that. lol

season 16 maddie poppe GIF by American Idol

I had not only Maddie Poppe but also Just Sam.  And I’m doing a lot better with the ABC seasons than with the FOX ones.  None of my initial favorites won that season.  The closest I came to having a favorite win was Jessica Sanchez in Season 11, and she was the runner up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Lucky. :/ 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Who did you want to win Season 1 if not Kelly Clarkson and Season 4 if not Carrie Underwood?

28 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Who did you want to win Season 1 if not Kelly Clarkson and Season 4 if not Carrie Underwood?

I love how you act like Kelly and Carrie were the only ones to root for during their seasons. Queens Tamyra and Vonzell EXIST. :wub: 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I love how you act like Kelly and Carrie were the only ones to root for during their seasons. Queens Tamyra and Vonzell EXIST. :wub: 

I know that Tamyra Gray and Vonzell Solomon were good during their seasons of American Idol. In my opinion, I feel that Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood stood out way more since their first American Idol auditions. If you asked people who they liked on Season 1 and Season 4 on American Idol, I am willing to guarantee you that most people would say Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. As I said before, there were seasons where I didn't necessarily like the winner that was chosen and preferred for it to be a different winner. Season 2: It should have been Clay Aiken Season 3 I thought Jennifer Hudson should have won. Season 5: Chris Daughtry, Season 7: I thought David Archuleta was better. Season 8: Adam Lambert. Season 9: I thought Tori Kelly should have won. and Season 10: Lauren Alaina.

Edited by anticoronaperson

16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Noticed how I didn't ask the other person about Season 6. For Season 6, I was happy that Jordin Sparks won, but I have a bit more of an understanding if not everyone wanted Jordin Sparks to win. Season 14 I liked both Nick Fradiani and Clark Beckham. Season 16 I liked both Maddie Poppe and Gabby Barrett.

Edited by anticoronaperson