American Idol General Discussion

istersay

I’m watching the second episode and posting my thoughts:

1.  Amanda — wow!  She was really good!  Unfortunately, I saw too little of her.  I hope that I see more of her in Hollywood.

2.  Ammon & Liahonya — Ammon is good but Liahonya is better!  I see her outlasting her brother and if Liahonya makes the Top 24, I might vote for her.

3.  Anthony — he was good enough to get to Hollywood, but he’s not going to make the Top 24.

4.  Hannah — she has potential but I don’t think that she’ll make the Top 24 this year.  She plays things too safe.

5.  Calvin — he was very good and his story was heartbreaking.  He might not make the Top 24, but he’ll still do fine.

6.  Casey — wow!  Best singer so far!  She’ll make the Top 24 for sure but I hope that her youth doesn’t trip her up like so many other young girls in the past.

7.  Yurisbel — he’s a better performer than a singer.  He’ll be out at the first Hollywood cut.

8.  Chayce — he’s very good.  Might make the Top 24, might not, but if he doesn’t, he’ll still get far in Hollywood.

9.  Ace is a better singer than Yurisbel, but he might need more time.  Better luck next year.

10.  Cassandra — wow, the girls are really bringing great voices to the show!  She could easily make the Top 24!

11.  Willie — the best guy in this episode!  He’ll probably make the Top 20 and might go further than any black guy since Ruben Studdard.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 6:32 AM, Carrie_On said:

I’ve been waiting to hear him! He has star potential. A voice you don’t hear too often. A little reminiscent of Jeremiah Harmon but more pop-suited. 

But Jeremiah lacked personality.  He was ALWAYS so serious.  It was one emotional ballad after another. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But Jeremiah lacked personality.  He was ALWAYS so serious.  It was one emotional ballad after another. 

I’m hoping Hunter will be able to be what Louis from last season was trying to be, but with a better voice. But his voice does have that angelic quality that Jeremiah has, even though I think Jeremiah was more old-fashioned. 

On 3/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, holinessss said:
American Idol (ABC) 1.0 6.5

not idol doing better than the golden globes 

The Globes were virtual due to the pandemic.  It's very difficult to do an awards show in that format.  Also, a lot of films were not shown in theatres, so there were less interest in movie awards.

According to M.J., "in the finals, The Globes overall viewer number eclipsed Idol’s".

She also noted that even though Idol and The Voice premiere episodes tied in the key demo with 1.1, The Voice had a much bigger audience with 7.7M viewers compared to Idol's 6.7M.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/monday-ratings-the-voice-ties-with-the-bachelor-american-idol-premier.htm

7 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

According to M.J., "in the finals, The Globes overall viewer number eclipsed Idol’s".

She also noted that even though Idol and The Voice premiere episodes tied in the key demo with 1.1, The Voice had a much bigger audience with 7.7M viewers compared to Idol's 6.7M.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/monday-ratings-the-voice-ties-with-the-bachelor-american-idol-premier.htm

Advertisers care more about the key demo #'s so actual viewership doesn't mean that much anymore. 

Reading that article made my head hurt because it kept updating between who "won" between TV and AI. :haha:

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly, American Idol ratings for Sunday’s episode (March 7) fell 2/10ths of a point in the key 18-49 demo. That’s because the show aired against the highly anticipated Oprah Winfrey interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle over on CBS.

American Idol earned a 0.8 in the demo and 5.2 million viewers..... Next week might be another tough ratings go as American Idol airs opposite the Grammy Awards. 

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-ratings-drop-against-blockbuster-royals-interview.htm

43 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

I'm ready for auditions to be over... lol 

It's funny because 5 episodes is less than we've gotten in some seasons (S9, for example, had 8 audition episodes), but because they're only airing one episode a week this season, they feel like they take forever to get through. :dead:

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1