American Idol General Discussion

istersay

Katy being pregnant is going to make some peeps question her return for AI19... If there is a 4th season at ABC... :?

Also. If you hated Katy at her normal wacky stage... lol She'll either be wackier or toned down. Not sure which! I'm a fan either way so... :P 

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

On 3/6/2020 at 11:49 PM, KelseyW said:

Katy being pregnant is going to make some peeps question her return for AI19... If there is a 4th season at ABC... :?

Their contracts are for two seasons, so she would’ve signed on for S19 and S18 together.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 11:49 PM, KelseyW said:

Also. If you hated Katy at her normal wacky stage... lol She'll either be wackier or toned down. Not sure which! I'm a fan either way so... :P 

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

ABC's ratings have been holding up good again this year, so it's almost certain ABC will want another season of Idol.

• Like 1

Since there is nowhere else for me to put this, I'll put it here - I'm going to predict the Top 10 after Auditions:

Guys:
Devon Alexander
Robert Taylor
Franklin Boone
Arthur Gunn
Louis Knight

Girls:
Makayla Phillips
Olivia Ximines
Grace Leer
Aliana Jester
Just Sam

First Four Out:
Guys:
Alejandro Garrido
Francisco Martin
Dewayne Crocker
Mosean Wilson

Girls:
Genavieve Linkowski
Sophia Wackeman
Julia Gargano
Amber Fielder

Ugh, there's just so much talent, especially on the Ladies' side; it's just too bad that the Main Field is only ten this season... :no:

i might as well post mine here too: 

Top guys:

1. Arthur Gunn

2. Johnny West or Crocker Jr 

3. Nick Merrico

4. Jovanny Webb

5. Dyllon James 

Top Girls:

1. Julia Gregano 

2. Laureen Mascitty 

3. Grace Leer 

4. Just Sam 

5. Lauren Spencer SMith

Short stop, if i were you i would go to either mjsbigblog or the idolpad and look at the top 20 spoilers.

Here’s my top 10 as of now (5 guys and 5 girls in this order)

1. Francisco Martin

2. Julia Gargano

3. Lauren Spencer Smith

4. Franklin Boone

5. Olivia Ximines

6. Jovin Webb

7. Jonny West

8. Grace Leer

9. Makayla Phillips

10. Dewayne Crocker

I’ll be rooting for all 10. This shall be a great season if even 5 or 6 of these make it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
7 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

That would be hard to do. Most of the contestants who try out don’t suck. A few of them yes, but the majority don’t.

Season 17 says hi. :lolwave:  The only one who I really enjoyed was Ashley and she didn’t even make Top 10. ☹️ 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Season 17 says hi. :lolwave:  The only one who I really enjoyed was Ashley and she didn’t even make Top 10. ☹️ 

I meant in regard to last season where it seemed like the talent was better than Season 17. Also, there are still bad auditions, but there aren't as many bad auditions like the really crazy ones from the Fox version of this show. Some of the bad auditions on this show are because a contestant fell a little flat on a musical note or didn't pick the right song.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

I only hate that awful stage dad from last night and his crappy guitar playing... His attitude combined with that ruined his daughter's audition...

I felt so bad for her. :( I actually thought she had a nice voice, but she seemed so uncomfortable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holinessss said:

not another country singer getting the sneak peak!! though her 'at last' was promising!

SHE’S as country as they come, but she’s not a country singer. Wayfaring Stranger is a folk/gospel song. Yes, there’s a famous version by Johnny Cash, but Ed Sheeran recorded it too. And At Last is not a country song either, obviously.

I’m watching the first audition episode now and here are my thoughts:

1.  Benson — very good voice for someone who only began really singing the year before.  But due to his inexperience, I highly doubt that he’ll make the Top 24.

2.  Alex — very, very good.  Country music isn’t really my thing, but he does it very well.  If he can do other music genres as well, he’ll go very far, like maybe the Top 24.

3.  Jason — wow!  That was great!  Definite Top 24 candidate!

4.  Ryan — he’s got the showmanship but not the voice — yet.  Try again next year.

5. Anilee —  wow!  Another one who I think should go to the Top 24!  I don’t have Tourette’s, but I knew someone in high school who had it, and I like her type of music more than James Durban’s.

6.  Danica — the judges were right.  She just needs more time and experience.  I wish that her dad had accepted that.

7.  DJ — I have just one thing to say:  I’d just like to find her mom and sic a Tasmanian Devil on her!  🤬. What a witch!  At least DJ did well enough to get into Hollywood and I hope that she goes far.

8.  Nia — wow!  I just love her singing!  I hope that she makes it to the Top 24!

9.  Claudia — I think that she was good enough to go to Hollywood, but I’m pretty sure that she won’t make it very far once she gets there.

10.  Grace — another fine singer who could make the Top 24!