American Idol General Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

“Additional acoustic performances”

That’s pretty vague. One song each? There won’t be time for much more than that is it ends at 8:00. 

eoTfATE.png

My guess is they are going to be in a different location as this venue has two stages.

Another show with a bunch of idol contestants and 1 the voice contestant. At least KB got this gig! Franklin is a rich suburb right next to Nashville that a lot of of the top singers live in.

Screenshot_20240604-173711_optimized_50_1_1_optimized.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Abi is in Nashville with KB. The other girl is another Groundwork artist, Kenzie Cait. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C70ELYstois/?igsh=YXBrMXpsZmpjZXQz

Kenzie has a show coming up with Blake Proehl. Her bio says “Nashville based.” 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kenzie-cait-blake-proehl-tickets-908371542737

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Another show with a bunch of idol contestants and 1 the voice contestant. At least KB got this gig! Franklin is a rich suburb right next to Nashville that a lot of of the top singers live in.

Screenshot_20240604-173711_optimized_50_1_1_optimized.jpg

Technically, Mia is both an Idol AND a Voice contestant!

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2024 at 4:31 PM, MalwareDie said:

I agree with this. Clearly, either Groundwork did not want Abi at this event, or Idol didn't invite Abi 'cause of Groundwork. Signing with Groundwork might have been a mistake as the label has not produced relevant artists of note.

Yeah this groundwork situation is giving me anxiety lol. Is is just a management contract or is she locked into a recording contract with them too?  

What do I know, but it feels like with the right resources Abi has the potential to really be special, and my digging into Groundwork has not inspired confidence. But it’s also not like the contestants from previous seasons who have signed with 19 recordings are lighting the world on fire either 🤷‍♂️

Maybe Katy will take her on tour…

8 hours ago, RTV said:

excerpt regarding Abi and the 19 Takeover event:

A rep for Carter told Heavy the 21-year-old singer is in Nashville this week for meetings prior to the concert, but that "Abi is so saddened she can't play due to a family commitment she has to attend."

https://heavy.com/entertainment/american-idol/cma-fest-whos-performing-concert-reunion

Well, at least now we know why she wasn’t part of the event.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 3:14 PM, QueenKalie said:

It is weird yeah. I'm being told I have to get there really early as it fills up quickly so I guess I'll have to do that. 

I’m at the place it’s happening right now and it’s absolutely massive. It’s like three buildings worth of space. I’d be shocked if it fills up. (Last year’s was at a much smaller venue.)

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I’m at the place it’s happening right now and it’s absolutely massive. It’s like three buildings worth of space. I’d be shocked if it fills up. (Last year’s was at a much smaller venue.)

Yeah, it’s pretty big. 

Is there seating at your venue?
Yes, we can seat up to 340 depending on the event and how we have the room set up for a particular show. However, all tickets are sold as General Admission and the available seating is first come first serve. The total capacity for the room is 700 for certain shows, and any show that isn’t fully seated will be noted as “Limited Seating Available” within the event’s description.

Good to know!

Have you seen set  times for them?

22 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Have you seen set  times for them?

Not yet. I assume they’ll probably go in order of earliest boot to latest boot with the older alumni either opening or going at the end.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C72196duGEL/?igsh=YTBsYm1hNTFkOHI4

Kenedi Anderson has announced she is going on an 18 month mission for the Church of Latter Day Saints 

tbh i always had a feeling she dropped out of Idol due to something related to her being Mormon and this would make sense with that (in the sense that she maybe never wanted to become *too* involved in the industry).

happy for that she is exploring her religious aspirations but sad that her career is probably officially going to go nowhere now... 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, m1key said:

Kenedi Anderson has announced she is going on an 18 month mission for the Church of Latter Day Saints 

tbh i always had a feeling she dropped out of Idol due to something related to her being Mormon and this would make sense with that (in the sense that she maybe never wanted to become *too* involved in the industry).

happy for that she is exploring her religious aspirations but sad that her career is probably officially going to go nowhere now... 

Sigh...I wish her the best and only hope this doesn't lead to her talent being wasted.

On one hand, I haven't seen enough performances to know for sure if Kenedi could've been my top fav to ever be on the show. On the other hand, we may have not had an Abi moment if this girl had made it a certain distance in the competition...At least Nicolina and Leah got some more time in the spotlight that year.

Edited by NGL2008

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, m1key said:

I just saw this. Sad that her music career will consist of only 1 song what a waste oh well.

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Kenedi’s music career was never going anywhere anyway. She’s better off getting on with life, IMO. 

I wouldn't say anyone is better off wasting 18 months of their life but whatever. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I wouldn't say anyone is better off wasting 18 months of their life but whatever. 

What has she done for the last 18 months? 

Some of these people excel on TV shows, for various reasons, and with someone telling them where they need to be every minute of every day…but can’t make the transition to managing their own careers. Many of them just don’t have the drive. It doesn’t take long to see which ones those are.