Jump to content

Television General Discussion Thread


anticoronaperson
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this thread is specifically for major T.V. networks that don't already have a thread of their own. That's why Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Disney+, and Hulu aren't part of the title. This thread could be used to talk about new shows and old shows that are still on or are no longer on. If there is a T.V. network that I didn't list up there that doesn't already have it's own thread and there's shows that you like on the network, then you can write about it and share it here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Favorite T.V. Shows on

Showtime - Shameless (This season is final season) and Billions.

NBC - Good Girls, Songland, The Voice, and This Is Us.

FOX - The Resident.

TNT - Animal Kingdom.

Apple TV+ - The Morning Show and Ted Lasso.

FX - Fargo (Although I didn't like this season (Season 4) of the TV Series) and American Crime Story.

AMC - Better Call Saul (Next season is final season) and Killing Eve.

USA Network - Queen Of The South and The Sinner

ABC - American Idol, A Million Little Things, and Grey's Anatomy.

CBS - Why Women Kill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my, so this is like the general television thread. :haha:  Works for me because a lot of show threads don't seem to get much activity. :(  I did still make one for This Is Us and World of Dance, so will post there about those shows. And then most of the competition shows have their own forums too, but of course love Idol, DWTS, SYTYCD, and The Masked Singer. :haha:  And the new one I Can See Your Voice!  Also like Songland, The Bachelor/ette, and America's Got Talent, which have threads. ^_^ 

 

Some of my other favorite current shows on these channels that don't have threads/forums... I'd say: 

 

ABC -  A Million Little Things, American Housewife, The Good Doctor, The Great Christmas Light Fight (only a few weeks long but it's fun for the season :santahappy:), Shark Tank, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?

FOX - Last Man Standing, Beat Shazam

Freeform - The Bold Type

The CW - Riverdale 

NBC - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

CBS - The Neighborhood, Young Sheldon, B Positive

 

I may be forgetting some. :haha:  I also watch Raven's Home on Disney Channel since I grew up with That's So Raven. ❤️  Oh wow, I could spend forever talking about shows I love that aren't on anymore. :haha: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

Oh my, so this is like the general television thread. :haha:  Works for me because a lot of show threads don't seem to get much activity. :(  I did still make one for This Is Us and World of Dance, so will post there about those shows. And then most of the competition shows have their own forums too, but of course love Idol, DWTS, SYTYCD, and The Masked Singer. :haha:  And the new one I Can See Your Voice!  Also like Songland, The Bachelor/ette, and America's Got Talent, which have threads. ^_^ 

 

Some of my other favorite current shows on these channels that don't have threads/forums... I'd say: 

 

ABC -  A Million Little Things, American Housewife, The Good Doctor, The Great Christmas Light Fight (only a few weeks long but it's fun for the season :santahappy:), Shark Tank, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?

FOX - Last Man Standing, Beat Shazam

Freeform - The Bold Type

The CW - Riverdale 

NBC - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

CBS - The Neighborhood, Young Sheldon, B Positive

 

I may be forgetting some. :haha:  I also watch Raven's Home on Disney Channel since I grew up with That's So Raven. ❤️  Oh wow, I could spend forever talking about shows I love that aren't on anymore. :haha: 

Yeah pretty much. It’s the general Television Thread so no one feels the need to make a separate for each T.V. Show or each Television Network.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yeah pretty much. It’s the general Television Thread so no one feels the need to make a separate for each T.V. Show or each Television Network.

 

I understand that and like the idea! ^_^ I do think I (and some other people) would still want to make threads for some favorite shows, but not necessary all of them. I watch too much TV for that. :haha: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

 

I understand that and like the idea! ^_^ I do think I (and some other people) would still want to make threads for some favorite shows, but not necessary all of them. I watch too much TV for that. :haha: 

Yeah exactly and I totally get that. That's fine if they want to make separate threads for T.V. shows. This is just another option in case people don't want to take the time to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, istersay said:

Started this series, watched one episode so far, but I loved it

 

Dickinson

An inside look at the world of writer Emily Dickinson.

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8518136/

 

 

This is one I've been interested in and wanting to watch as well! Of course it's on another streaming platform I don't pay for. :dead:  I can access some things on Apple TV+ for free, so maybe I'll look into it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

 

This is one I've been interested in and wanting to watch as well! Of course it's on another streaming platform I don't pay for. :dead:  I can access some things on Apple TV+ for free, so maybe I'll look into it.

it's kind of quirky, a mix of a period piece and modern times

 

I don't have 🍎 but found a site that has it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to NBC, FOX, FX, AMC, USA Network, Apple TV+, Showtime, ABC, CBS and TNT TV Shows
47 minutes ago, istersay said:

it's kind of quirky, a mix of a period piece and modern times

 

I don't have 🍎 but found a site that has it

 

I've seen promos for it before, but didn't get the chance to check it out. It recently got my attention so glad to hear you're already loving it from the first episode! 😄 

 

I just checked and it looks like it's included in the package my wireless carrier offers with Apple. I might start watching soon after I finish Bridgerton! :w00tbounce: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, miss denise said:

 

This is one I've been interested in and wanting to watch as well! Of course it's on another streaming platform I don't pay for. :dead:  I can access some things on Apple TV+ for free, so maybe I'll look into it.

Wait there's stuff on Apple TV+ you can get for free?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, miss denise said:

Just noticed the title change. :haha:  Would it be simpler to call it the TV General Discussion thread or something? So many channels. :dead: 

Yeah I guess. I guess I specified which channels since there is already a Netflix thread, HBO Max thread, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Wait there's stuff on Apple TV+ you can get for free?

 

My family got a year of limited access to Apple TV+ with our T-Mobile plan. Some stuff is free, some still has to be paid for. I'm not sure if there are other offers like this, aside from the typical free trial. 

 

4 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yeah I guess. I guess I specified which channels since there is already a Netflix thread, HBO Max thread, etc.

 

I understand, I just thought it might be a cleaner and more accessible thread title. :haha: The first post does explain it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

 

My family got a year of limited access to Apple TV+ with our T-Mobile plan. Some stuff is free, some still has to be paid for. I'm not sure if there are other offers like this, aside from the typical free trial. 

 

 

I understand, I just thought it might be a cleaner and more accessible thread title. :haha: The first post does explain it.

The T.V. Shows that are specifically Apple TV Plus I'm sure aren't free unless you pay for the membership right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • miss denise changed the title to Television General Discussion Thread
On 1/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, anticoronaperson said:

The T.V. Shows that are specifically Apple TV Plus I'm sure aren't free unless you pay for the membership right?

 

I don't know what the criteria is, but I have been able to stream Dickinson without any additional fees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

 

I don't know what the criteria is, but I have been able to stream Dickinson without any additional fees.

Okay well when my membership expires, I'll have to try and see if it works like you said it does. I'm sure it would work for Apple TV+ movies as well right?

Edited by anticoronaperson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Okay well when my membership expires, I'll have to try and see if it works like you said it does. I'm sure it would work for Apple TV+ movies as well right?

 

I would assume everything would be free with an Apple TV+ trial, but I haven't tried so don't know for sure. With my T-Mobile deal, I don't know why some things are available for free and others still cost money. It's odd, but I take what I can get. :haha: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

 

I would assume everything would be free with an Apple TV+ trial, but I haven't tried so don't know for sure. With my T-Mobile deal, I don't know why some things are available for free and others still cost money. It's odd, but I take what I can get. :haha: 

Oh you were saying for your T-Mobile. I'm on the 1 year free trial right now. Do you know if they would have similar for Verizon? Like if you can get a free trial with a Verizon provider like you did for T-Mobile?

Edited by anticoronaperson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Oh you were saying for your T-Mobile. I'm on the 1 year free trial right now. Do you know if they would have similar for Verizon? Like if you can get a free trial with a Verizon provider like you did for T-Mobile?

 

I'm not sure about Verizon, but I just did a Google search and it looks like they offer something similiar: https://www.verizon.com/reusable-content/offers/mastercard-iphone-xr.html

 

y343KdP.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...