Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)

Bk1234

I would have put Ben at 13 or something solely because of his playoffs performance, which I believe to be among the best of S19, but otherwise him at 20 seems pretty fair. Bailey's seems fair. 

Chloe's playoff was also great in every sense, so I'd put her a bit higher, like at 15 perhaps.

I understand John's ranking, especially after the finale, so I don't disagree with it.

As for Sid, and you are going to hear this  a lot lol, I agree he should be way higher. Very consistent all around, interesting, musical and vocally powerful. He would be in my Top 5.

I don't mind Bailey's and Chloe's rankings.

For Ben I think uptill SF he was one of the most consistent contestant. He deserved to be placed a bit higher.

For John, I agree his Finale performance wasn't great but Fix You was so Amazing and it showed his versatility. The mid part of FMTTM was a bit shakier but overall it was impressive as well. He is one of the most unique contestants we ever had. He would be in my top 2 for sure.

For Sid, I agree his PO performance wasn't good and he didn't have a long run. But he has such a nice and strong voice. He was one of the most the most interesting contestants of S19. His Tone is so Amazing. I think he at least deserved to be on the top 10.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I would have put Ben at 13 or something solely because of his playoffs performance, which I believe to be among the best of S19, but otherwise him at 20 seems pretty fair. Bailey's seems fair. 

Chloe's playoff was also great in every sense, so I'd put her a bit higher, like at 15 perhaps.

I understand John's ranking, especially after the finale, so I don't disagree with it.

As for Sid, and you are going to hear this  a lot lol, I agree he should be way higher. Very consistent all around, interesting, musical and vocally powerful. He would be in my Top 5.

That’s fair. I wouldn’t call it one of the best of the season, but it was definitely one of the best of the night. I’m glad you agree with Bailey’s spot. 😊👍 Fair enough about Chloé. Yeah, I expect to get a lot of backlash for Sid. 😅 He was consistent, but I would have liked to see him showcase his softer side. 🤷‍♂️😯 at him being in your Top 5! 

11 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't mind Bailey's and Chloe's rankings.

For Ben I think uptill SF he was one of the most consistent contestant. He deserved to be placed a bit higher.

For John, I agree his Finale performance wasn't great but Fix You was so Amazing and it showed his versatility. The mid part of FMTTM was a bit shakier but overall it was impressive as well. He is one of the most unique contestants we ever had. He would be in my top 2 for sure.

For Sid, I agree his PO performance wasn't good and he didn't have a long run. But he has such a nice and strong voice. He was one of the most the most interesting contestants of S19. His Tone is so Amazing. I think he at least deserved to be on the top 10.

Ben was definitely one of the more consistent contestants this season, but I just prefer other contestants to him for various reasons. “Fix You” was a pleasant surprise for me, as I thought the song choice would have messed John up, but it didn’t. 🙂 He’s definitely unique, that’s for sure! 😅 I’m glad that you agree about Sid’s PO performance not being very good. 😊👍 I have a feeling my Top 10 will stir some outrage. :giggle:

Edited by Bk1234

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ben was definitely one of the more consistent contestants this season, but I just prefer other contestants to him for various reasons. “Fix You” was a pleasant surprise for me, as I thought the song choice would have messed John up, but it didn’t. 🙂 He’s definitely unique, that’s for sure! 😅 I’m glad that you agree about Sid’s PO performance not being very good. 😊👍I have a feeling my Top 10 will stir some outrage:giggle:

If your top 10 consists of those contestants who didn't even make the lives(I'm sure you know what I mean), then it will stir outrage. :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

#20. Ben Allen (Team Blake -> Team Gwen)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Ben-Allen.jpg

Ben would be the first knockout steal to show up in this ranking. His ranking also signifies that we are halfway through the Top 40, so congrats to that! Ben is an example of someone I like way more than the majority of IDF does. Ben started off his run with a great start. He showed off that classic, yet powerful country voice and overall it was a very strong performance. I’m surprised he didn’t get Kelly to turn (maybe her team was full, I’m too lazy to check the taping spoilers. :haha:) Ben picked Blake (obviously) and moved on to the Battles. His battle was montaged, but Ben sounded much stronger than Sam in the clip, so I agree with the result. Ben moved on to the Knockouts where I thought he delivered one of his best performances. He sang “She Got the Best of Me” by Luke Combs and I loved how strong and powerful his voice sounded on this song. He also showed off some more range in this performance. I will say that my favorite part would have to be Jacy jamming out to the song while she was waiting to perform. :giggle: Ben didn’t win his knockout, but Gwen stole him, which was definitely a questionable decision. Yes, she probably wanted country on her team so she could have a better shot at winning (the irony), but stealing someone like Marisa or Kelsie would have added more genre diversity to the Top 20, in my opinion. 🤷‍♂️ At least Ben was a strong country singer and held his own in the lives. Ben’s Playoffs performance was the second best from Team Gwen, in my opinion. It was a nice, powerful country ballad that allowed him to deliver emotionally and vocally. He was one of the few contestants who delivered during that round, so good job to him! 😀 Ben didn’t get PV, put Gwen saved him, which for some reason people had a problem with. Ben delivered the best Playoffs performance out of him, Payge, and Joseph, so I wasn’t upset by Gwen’s decision. Ben’s performance of “All About Tonight” was certainly a downgrade from his past performances. It was a bit karaoke and just plain awkward, considering Blake and Gwen were watching. 😅 Ben didn’t get PV and didn’t win the Instant Save, so he was eliminated after that. I wasn’t really upset (I was more upset about a certain other contestant’s elimination…), but I would have preferred Ben in the finale over Ian. Overall, Ben had a pretty good run on the show, with his Top 9 performance being the main reason why he is ranked at #20.

Clue: I want to get in on the country action too! (Gwen stole Ben so she could have a country artist on her team like the other three coaches.)

#19. Bailey Rae (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Bailey-Rae.jpg

Kicking off the teens is John’s first pure country artist! It certainly was an interesting pairing, which may or may not have led to some bad decisions on John’s part, but I’m glad Bailey got the chance to be on this season. Blake and Kelly (maybe Gwen too?) were full, so John was the only one who turned for Bailey. Her vocals were very clean and polished, which impressed me for her age. Bailey moved on to the Battles where she went up against Sid Kingsley (hint, hint) and together they sang “Tennessee Whiskey.” Bailey showed off that beautiful country twang, while Sid brought intensity and power to the song. I preferred Sid here, but John disagreed and Bailey sailed through to the Knockouts where she gave a lackluster performance of “Let Me Down Easy.” I loved her voice on this song, but it was just very average. I preferred this to Lauren’s “Cry Baby,” though I will admit that I change my stance on this frequently since both had their pluses and minuses. John chose Bailey (Lauren was not robbed), and she moved on to the Playoffs where she delivered a solid performance of “Sweet Music Man.” Bailey used her beautiful voice as a strength in this performance, though it unfortunately didn’t work as Bailey didn’t get PV. However, Bailey got to sing in the Instant Save and won, which I had no issues with since she delivered the best performance out of that Instant Save group (I was rooting for someone else though…) I never would have thought Bailey would make the Top 9, but there she was! 😂 She delivered a nice performance of “Georgia on My Mind,” which I thought was one of the better performances of the night. Unfortunately, Bailey did not get PV and she didn’t win the Instant Save, meaning she was eliminated. I really enjoyed Bailey’s run and she might have been higher had some of her performances been a little more exciting/interesting. It’s good to see a Team Legend country singer do so well on the Voice though!

Clue: A first for a certain coach (Bailey was John Legend’s first pure country artist.)

#18. Chloé Hogan (Team Gwen -> Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Chloe-Hogan.jpg

I know one poster is going to be really upset by this ranking. ☹️ I even considered delaying this set since today is their birthday. Hopefully, they can understand my reason and are accepting of her placement. Chloé was someone who started off with an ok audition and really blossomed in the Battles and Knockouts. She is also the second knockout steal to show up. Chloé sang “What The World Needs Now Is Love” for her audition. I really liked the song choice but some parts of the performance were very pitchy. Gwen was the only one to turn so she defaulted to Team Gwen, which was a good team for her, in my opinion.  Chloé and Lain sang “Adore You” by Harry Styles for their battle, which was unfortunately montaged. :no: Both sounded good in the segment they showed, but this was another battle where I would have liked to see the full thing. Chloé delivered her best performance in the Knockouts. Her vocal control was amazing and it’s unfortunate that this great performance got overshadowed by another amazing performance. Chloé didn’t win her Knockout, but she was stolen by John, where she was pretty much DOA when she entered the Playoffs. Chloé delivered a stunning performance of “my future” in the Playoffs. It definitely wasn’t the performance that would grab votes, but despite the pitchy spots, I thought she captured the vibe of the song well. Unfortunately, Chloé didn’t get PV, John’s save, or a chance to sing in the Instant Save, as expected, so she left the competition. I would have liked to hear her sing in the wildcard over Bailey, but maybe it’s a good thing, since she would have sang “Ribbon in the Sky,” which is pretty difficult to sing on a good day. Chloé is someone who I enjoyed towards the end of her run, but unfortunately her weak audition caused me to put her at #18.

Clue: This contestant won against someone who is ranked higher than them, and lost against someone who is also ranked higher than them (Chloé won against Lain in the Battles and lost against Carter in the Knockouts. Both Lain and Carter have not been ranked yet.)

#17. John Holiday (Team Legend)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-John-Holiday.jpg

John Holiday is the second finalist to be ranked. If I posted these rankings on YouTube, I guarantee this ranking would get a lot of outrage. However, on IDF John Holiday only has a few, dedicated fans. John sang “Misty” for his audition. I have changed my stance on this performance. Before I found his voice unbearable here, but now I have begun to appreciate the immense vocal control that he displayed. Even though I read the spoilers, I somehow forgot that John was a three-chair turn, and assumed he was a four-chair turn up until his audition aired. 😂 John Holiday chose John and moved on to the Battles where he sang an interesting rendition of “Summer Soft” with Julia Cooper. I didn’t mind his voice on this song and I loved the immense vocal control and range he displayed. Both Julia and John did great, so I was fine with the result, but upset that Julia was left in a dangerous position because of it. 😕 John Holiday moved on to the Knockouts where he delivered my favorite performance of his. John sang “All By Myself” in the same key as Celine Dion! 😯 He truly showcased his gift and definitely deserved to win the Knockout (though I wouldn’t have been upset if someone else won… :/John moved on to the lives where his performances started to get really shaky. John sang “Fly Me to the Moon,” and to sum up my thoughts, it was a horrible way to close the show. The fast-paced song didn’t allow his voice to shine and it was unfortunately pitchy. John got PV though and sailed through to the Top 9. He sang Coldplay’s “Fix You,” which was not a great song for him, but he still made it work through the emotional delivery. John got PV, which I wasn’t upset about, and moved on to the finale. For his cover song, he sang “Halo,” which was a terrible song choice for him. This was just too Pop for John and as a result, we got another pitchy performance from him. However, his original song was a worse example of a song that was too Pop for him. The song was terrible for him, and the performance was just as bad. John ended up placing in 5th, which I can’t disagree with after his weak finale showing. Overall, John had a strong start, but suffered from poor song choices and performances in the lives. This, and his polarizing tone, led me to place him at #17, which I think is fair. 🤷‍♂️

Clue: Happy Holidays! (A reference to John’s last name, Holiday.)

#16. Sid Kingsley (Team Legend -> Team Kelly -> Team Blake)

TheVoice-S19-Artist-Bio-450x450-Sid-Kingsley.jpg

Sid is the last battle steal and third Knockout steal to be ranked. This ranking is probably going to get the most backlash. Sid is someone who I felt deserved a four-chair turn. He showed some much intensity, power, and artistry in his audition. The fact that Kelly didn’t turn is questionable. Sid ended up choosing John, but luckily he got to work with more than just John during his run. Sid and Bailey delivered a great performance of “Tennessee Whiskey” in the Battles, and like I mentioned in Bailey’s write-up, I preferred Sid’s more intense approach to the song. Unfortunately, Sid lost his battle, but luckily Kelly was there to steal him. Sid delivered my favorite performance of his in the Knockouts. It was just such a powerful and intense performance. Sid lost his Knockout, but was stolen by Blake, meaning he got to experience a total of THREE coaches during his run. Sid delivered his most overrated performance in the Playoffs. The performance was just very monotonous, which brings me to my main issue with Sid: all his performances were powerful/intense, so he never showed off a softer side. Sid didn’t get PV, Blake’s save, or a chance to sing in the Instant Save, which caused some outrage here on IDF. I wasn’t upset, in fact I was rooting for either Taryn or Worth the Wait to sing in the Instant Save, and one of them did! :giggle: Sid also stopped by IDF one day, which was nice to see! Anyway, despite the backlash I might receive, I am content with my placement of Sid.

Clue: I guess this contestant wasn’t meant to go beyond the Playoffs (a reference to Sid’s Playoff song “Beyond,” and the fact that he didn’t make it past the Playoffs.)

Feel free to share your thoughts on this controversial set down below! I will be posting the clues for the next set once everyone has gotten a chance to view the rankings and respond.

Personally, disagree with I think 4/5 LOL but we all have different opinions of course, love how you explain the placements though! 👏

• Thanks 1

It is definitely a controlversial set but there's nothing to be mad about. It's just rankings 😅

Anyway, I disagree with Sid not showing a softer side. If you mean he didn't get to sing a slow ballad type song, then yeah, he didn't. But, Make It Rain imo was a restrained performance where he showed a lot of dynamics.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Personally, disagree with I think 4/5 LOL but we all have different opinions of course, love how you explain the placements though! 👏

I figured you’d disagree with a lot of them! :haha: I’m glad you like how I explain the placements. 😊

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

It is definitely a controlversial set but there's nothing to be mad about. It's just rankings 😅

Anyway, I disagree with Sid not showing a softer side. If you mean he didn't get to sing a slow ballad type song, then yeah, he didn't. But, Make It Rain imo was a restrained performance where he showed a lot of dynamics.

For me, I didn’t get that softer side, but maybe I should re-watch it again today (I re-watch all the contestants’ performances before doing their write-up.) That would explain why “Make It Rain” was my favorite of his performances though. 🙂

Edited by Bk1234

Here are the remaining contestants for anyone who was wondering...
Cami Clune
Carter Rubin
DeSz
Jim Ranger
Julia Cooper
Kelsie Watts
Lain Roy
Larriah Jackson
Madeline Consoer
Marisa Corvo
Payge Turner
Ryan Gallagher
Tamara Jade
Taryn Papa
Worth the Wait

• Thanks 3

I agree with 4/5 contestants who wound up in this group (maybe not the order though), but at least the one I disagree with is the highest ranked 😅 

I know that I’m biased because I love Sid’s tone and have a soft spot for scruffy guys with soulful sounding voices, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea - at least he made it into the top half of the list.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I agree with 4/5 contestants who wound up in this group (maybe not the order though), but at least the one I disagree with is the highest ranked 😅 

I know that I’m biased because I love Sid’s tone and have a soft spot for scruffy guys with soulful sounding voices, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea - at least he made it into the top half of the list.

I’m glad you’re finding the positive in Sid being ranked. 😅

Here are the clues for the next set. Hopefully this next set isn’t as controversial as the most recent one. 😅 Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

-Any one of the Harry Potter books

-Hopefully, IDF finally learned their lesson

-This contestant was impressed by @Someone648work

-Didn’t hold true to their name for some

-IDF’s initial prediction was so close to being right

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Here are the clues for the next set. Hopefully this next set isn’t as controversial as the most recent one. 😅 Remember the order of the clues DOES NOT reflect the contestant’s placement. 

Jim?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Hmm... first could be Payge? The whole series is a page-turner!

Second could be Lain. IDF getting invested in their favorites before they get eliminated in the battles.

16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

- No idea lol

- Tamara

- Larriah

- Worth the Wait

- Jim

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Payge
Tamara

Larriah

WTW

Jim

(still surprised Lain hasn’t showed up LMFAO)

Maybe he’ll show up in this next set. 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Agggron said:

Hmm... first could be Payge? The whole series is a page-turner!

Second could be Lain. IDF getting invested in their favorites before they get eliminated in the battles.

100% guilty of that. :giggle::stealth:

• Bk1234 changed the title to Bk1234’s The Voice Season 19 Contestant Ranking List (#1-5 Posted!!!!)